Thread: Graffiti around Edmonton

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Graffiti around Edmonton

I wasnít sure where to put this, so I decided ďart,Ē though it really could go under ďrants.Ē

Whatís up with the p*ss poor graffiti in Edmonton? All around Old Strathcona we have these mindless tags going up. Itís like a bunch of idiots got ahold of spray cans and decided to tag anything and everything. Did their used to be a code between graffiti artists that they didnít tag certain things? Fronts of stores are being tagged, wooden stairs are being tagged, itís all just mindless drivel, and I canít read 80% of whatís written. These guys need to step up their game, and stick to large blank walls, and decorate them with actual art, not scribbles that look like they were done by 4 year olds. Itís gotten way out of hand.

Also, if these morons are caught I think their punishment should be to have their tags tattooed on their faces for all to see.

I wish we could go back to the cool stencil graffiti we had in the mid-2000s. Those were cool.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

C2E Long Term Contributor

HUGE issue there, Downtown and across the city... but they got hit HARD last weekend.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

It's been going on for a few months now, but yeah, it's gotten a lot worse lately. Probably tens of thousands of dollars to clean it all up now. The one that REALLY pisses me off is on the East side of the farmers market; the idiots sprayed over the artwork that's up on the building.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Yes, there is some new loser or group who are destroying buildings all over.
    Hitting the front and sides of buildings with no regard for anything over the masonry onto the glass.
    Whyte, Ritchie, Downtown and it's the same atrocious skill-less blob tagging, not that even if it was actual good graffiti it's excusable where they are tagging.

Good thing we have this police helicopter for millions to patrol from the skies that anyone can hear from kilometers away.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Bunch of stuff all over The Moth, including something like "F*@k GENTRIFICATION" on the side of one of their trailers (!).
    ďSon, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmontonís skyline.Ē

C2E Continued Contributor

Dozens in my neighbourhood. Reported it to 311 via 311 app. They came by and only cleaned up 1, I repeat 1 tag. There was another tag directly next to the one they cleaned but they left it...

It is the property owner's responsibility for removal, but also a crime and so report it and then work to remove it.

$750 towards removal
    https://www.edmonton.ca/programs_ser...g-program.aspx
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    It is the property owner's responsibility for removal, but also a crime and so report it and then work to remove it.

$750 towards removal
    https://www.edmonton.ca/programs_ser...g-program.aspx
    So unfair..especially if it happens more than once.
    I'm glad to hear there's some help, Ian..

Bylaw is sympathetic, they give time and opportunity, but they do require it removed.
    www.decl.org

Took a stroll around Old Strathcona and they've tagged murals, kids artwork, buildings, fences, sign posts... basically anything and everything. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    Took a stroll around Old Strathcona and they've tagged murals, kids artwork, buildings, fences, sign posts... basically anything and everything. Disgusting.
    Tagged - such an innocuous sounding word.