Thread: Measles Alert in Leduc

C2E SME

Default Measles Alert in Leduc

"Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Scary stuff. My wife is pregnant and she's a teacher. If she comes in contact with someone with measles it could be harmful.

Agreed, get vaccinated for crying out loud! Don't listen to Jenny McCarthy!

Meanwhile the anti-vaccination group is promoting their disinformation.

Anti-vaccine group launches billboard campaign in Toronto and surrounding area
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...n-toronto-and/
    An anti-vaccine group has placed dozens of billboards in the Greater Toronto Area suggesting vaccines are risky and that children don’t need immunizations to attend school, a sign of the challenge facing public-health officials at a time when cases of measles are on the rise.

The group, Vaccine Choice Canada, has four different images rotating on 50 digital billboards in Toronto and the surrounding area, according to the Facebook page of Ted Kuntz, the group’s vice-president. The billboards are in a number of locations around the city, including outside of Toronto’s Eaton Centre. Mr. Kuntz wrote that the advertising campaign, which began last week, will run for two weeks and will generate at least two million impressions. In the Facebook post, Mr. Kuntz thanked numerous donors who made the billboard campaign possible.

Vinita Dubey, associate medical officer of health with Toronto Public Health, said the campaign is concerning and should prompt a discussion about banning advertisements that promote false or misleading messages.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Meanwhile in Texas....

This lawmaker isn't worried about the measles outbreak because of ‘antibiotics'

Texas state representative and anti-vaxxer Bill Zedler says a resurgence of measles across the U.S. isn't worrying him.

Zedler, R-Arlington, is promoting legislation that would allow Texans to opt out of childhood vaccinations.

“They want to say people are dying of measles. Yeah, in third-world countries they’re dying of measles,” Zedler said, the Texas Observer reports. “Today, with antibiotics and that kind of stuff, they’re not dying in America.”

There is currently no treatment for measles, which is a highly contagious virus that can be fatal. Antibiotics treat bacterial infections and can't kill viruses.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...cs/3001868002/

We should just meld this with the Florida in the water thread, (remember that **** show) the “truth” about anything threads and the flat earth thread.

I think crazy is even funnier when it’s made to interact with other crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Meanwhile in Texas....

This lawmaker isn't worried about the measles outbreak because of ‘antibiotics'

Texas state representative and anti-vaxxer Bill Zedler says a resurgence of measles across the U.S. isn't worrying him.

Zedler, R-Arlington, is promoting legislation that would allow Texans to opt out of childhood vaccinations.

“They want to say people are dying of measles. Yeah, in third-world countries they’re dying of measles,” Zedler said, the Texas Observer reports. “Today, with antibiotics and that kind of stuff, they’re not dying in America.”

There is currently no treatment for measles, which is a highly contagious virus that can be fatal. Antibiotics treat bacterial infections and can't kill viruses.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...cs/3001868002/
    Well, I imagine some kids who’s bodies and immune systems are all messed up for the rest of their lives do often need antibiotics for all the subsequent infections.

What Parents Should Know About the Long-Term Effects of the Measles Virus

“Worldwide cases of the disease have spiked. Despite cost-effective vaccines being widely available, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported over 110,000 measles deaths globally in 2017, with the majority of the cases being children under 5.”

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...viving-measles
    Last edited by KC; 28-02-2019 at 12:23 PM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

I don't understand the anti vaxxers, what about Polio? ..I was so surprised Robert Kennedy Jr was one..I thought he was smart..

Gee, what happened about 1955? Could it be a vaccine? Nah, couldn't be. Everyone knows that vaccines are the lies told by big pharma.

Meanwhile, POTUS is pushing the vaccines cause autism nonsense.

Last edited by kkozoriz; 03-03-2019 at 03:17 AM.