Thread: coffee maker

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Default coffee maker

Looks like my Krups coffee maker is on its last legs. this has lasted for over ten years! Was interested if anyone knows of a retailer besides the usual ..Best buy, London drugs sorta thing. Any small independent store in the city with quality buys?

C2E Long Term Contributor

French press it and you won't look back.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Have not considered that. might give it some thought. thanks

Cold brew. Super-easy to make, easy on the guts, great for iced too. No need for a machine, though there are some - all you need is a jar. I use my old Braun french press, but filter through paper, and I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger container. I know that it's become a "hipster" thing but that will pass, and after working my way through all the gizmos, since the days of buying bulk beans from Edmonton Tea & Coffee (waaaay pre-Timmy's and Starbuck's) I dumped all my gizmos except for a Pavoni countertop that I couldn't resist for $10 at a church sale. Look up online for the coffee:water proportion that would work for you.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

I have done the French Press, and all sorts of coffee makers. I bought the highly rated OXO 9 cup 2 years ago at The Bay and this is the best coffee maker by far at a reasonable price. The vacuum insulated carafe keeps the coffee hot for over an hour, excellent to prevent burnt coffee and serving at the dinner table.

https://www.oxo.com/barista-brain-9-...fee-maker.html
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I use an AeroPress, which can be purchased online or through many of the local coffee retailers (e.g. Coffee Bureau, Credo, probably others). I'm the only coffee drinker in my household, so it works well for me, and I find the taste more agreeable than a traditional French press. (If you like making big pots at a time, though, I wouldn't recommend it.)
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”