Results 1 to 66 of 66

Thread: What exactly will Jason Kenny do as Premier?

  1. #1

    Default What exactly will Jason Kenny do as Premier?

    Assuming he wins a majority.

    What real, tangible changes will Jason Kennny implement as Premier?

    Specifically what changes will he implement to try to improve the Alberta economy?


    Please no non-descript useless platitudes and meaningless emotion laden language.

    It’s simple: whether you see it as philosophical of ideologically good or bad, what tangible changes do you think Kenny will actually accomplish?




    (Notley did a few things like bring in thd carbon tax, lower corp. taxes on small businesses and raise them on big businesses, etc however we can be certain that economic reality here in Alberta prevented her from doing many other NDP-loving things.)

  2. #2
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    11,073

    Default

    Probably Trump-style tax cuts and corporate welfare.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

  3. #3
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,598

    Default

    Major spending cuts.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    Major spending cuts.
    Where?

    What is it? $40 billion in spending?



    Lots of areas of spending:

    https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/e7a2...-estimates.pdf
    Last edited by KC; 24-12-2018 at 09:30 AM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Hack and slash like Klein did.

    No plan, just keep cutting until things break down and then apply band-aides.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  6. #6
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    I dont know, but if if he can get rid of some of our debt, because we have it federally as well as provincially, I'll be okay with that! It has to be done, we cannot go on as we are..it HAS to be paid back
    Get rid of that hinky, do nothing carbon tax, that's for sure!

  7. #7
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Hack and slash like Klein did.

    No plan, just keep cutting until things break down and then apply band-aides.
    Getting rid of govt workers is not a smart idea. Raising the '85' pension qualifying age by a few years, increase the amount of money the employees contribute to their pension, increase the number of working hours per week to 40 ( city is mainly 35).
    Link it to the tax rates so the lowest earners are not heavily hit.
    Open up some of the provincial operations to3rd party, out source some departments. We simply cannot afford to keep going down this same track.

    Lots of alternatives to laying-off employees.

  8. #8

    Default

    Opening provincial operations to 3rd parties and outsourcing departments won't lead to laying off govt workers?

  9. #9

    Default

    Jason Kenny will transfer money from Edmonton to Calgary.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

  10. #10
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    31,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Jason Kenny will transfer the Alberta Legislature from Edmonton to Calgary.
    FTFY
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  11. #11
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    City of Champions
    Posts
    7,400

    Default

    Alberta needs to either opt out or force a serious change in equalization. I'm not sure anything short of turning off the taps will make Quebec, BC and Ottawa realize the damage they have done, and are doing to Alberta and the future of Confederation.
    Or current system is not sustainable for much longer.

  12. #12

    Default

    ZERO

  13. #13
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Seeing him interviewed on global, its seems he's already done a lot..he's met with FN etc, who want the tanker ban lifted. He's going to be good against that poor twit, JT

  14. #14

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Alberta needs to either opt out or force a serious change in equalization. I'm not sure anything short of turning off the taps will make Quebec, BC and Ottawa realize the damage they have done, and are doing to Alberta and the future of Confederation.
    Or current system is not sustainable for much longer.
    It has not been sustainable for two decades. We keep giving to the takers that don't want to partake in development or spend money on its own country. These are the takers that rejects our product but benefit financially from a product they want nothing to do with. The true question is, why are we even a country? Why are we constantly supporting free loaders?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

  16. #16
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Jason Kenny will transfer the Alberta Legislature from Edmonton to Calgary.
    FTFY

    Less of the baiting and stick to the points.

    I find it very scary that many posters are terrified about them/ us/ Edmonton receiving less tax dollars if the NDP is kicked out of office. That is exactly the problem. The govt does not have any money, they take money from workers through taxes ( and now in fact we owe money that has not even been generated yet).

    The sense of entitlement is staggering. We need somebody to stand up and say enough is enough. The status quo is no longer good enough. We need to remove red tape and bureaucracy - the best social program is a job.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Jason Kenny will transfer the Alberta Legislature from Edmonton to Calgary.
    FTFY

    Less of the baiting and stick to the points.

    I find it very scary that many posters are terrified about them/ us/ Edmonton receiving less tax dollars if the NDP is kicked out of office. That is exactly the problem. The govt does not have any money, they take money from workers through taxes ( and now in fact we owe money that has not even been generated yet).

    The sense of entitlement is staggering. We need somebody to stand up and say enough is enough. The status quo is no longer good enough. We need to remove red tape and bureaucracy - the best social program is a job.
    Where do you get this “terrified” crap from?

    Most of the posters on this site have been through similar economic turbulence a few times before - under the Progresive Conservatives. As the economy tanked, Getty dramatically ramped up debt levels just as Notley has done - maybe more so - and at far, far higher carrying cost. Stelmack drew down savings in the phoney 2009/10 crisis (phoney for Alberta). You must not remember the private sector calls for “fiscal stimulus” (aka debt spending).

    You are right that status quo is no longer good enough. No matter who was or is in power all parties would agree to that. The NDP borrowed to create a soft economic landing just like Getty did and all prayed for high oil and gas prices. The next party will engage in similar prayers.

  18. #18
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Alberta needs to either opt out or force a serious change in equalization. I'm not sure anything short of turning off the taps will make Quebec, BC and Ottawa realize the damage they have done, and are doing to Alberta and the future of Confederation.
    Or current system is not sustainable for much longer.
    Jason has the gonads to do this, it needs to be done, because separation isn't an option, even though it's what I hear many times a week, from grande prairie to Lethbridge, Alberta isn't special, but treat with some decency!

  19. #19

    Default

    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

  20. #20

    Default

    Which is another reason they want bitumen and not an upgraded product. More jobs for them and they make more off of each barrel than Alberta does. But sure, let's build more bitumen pipelines for them. More money in their pocket and less in ours. And then, the next time the price drops, guess who's first to hit bottom?
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 28-12-2018 at 01:53 AM.

  21. #21
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.
    I've listened to him, who he has spoken with. He's not everything, nobody is,but he's a damn sight better than Notley!
    Kenney has a plan.. I like his plan.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.
    I've listened to him, who he has spoken with. He's not everything, nobody is,but he's a damn sight better than Notley!
    Kenney has a plan.. I like his plan.
    And that’s the point of this thread. What is his plan? Then what exactly will he do?

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.

    A great CAPITALISTS vs CONSERVATIVES conspiracy theory by Vivian Krause:



    “Researcher argues anti-Alberta oil campaign not about environment

    After looking extensively into the matter, researcher Vivian Krause says the campaign against Alberta oil is not about the environment. She says much of the campaign is funded by American money. “



    https://globalnews.ca/video/4655759/...ut-environment




    Danielle Smith: Foreign interests behind effort to stop Trans Mountain Pipeline | Globalnews.ca
    Mar 2018

    Excerpts:

    If you haven’t signed up to follow Vivian Krause on Twitter, you really should. This week she continued to expose the roots of the extreme environmental opposition to Alberta oilsands and those who fund it. ...


    Environmental groups – backed by the U.S.-based Tides Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation and other well-endowed U.S. funds – met in 2008 to hatch a strategy, called the Tarsands Campaign, to landlock Alberta oil and prevent it from reaching international markets to fetch international prices. ...




    “Krause has just discovered where 350.org got their funding, from their most recent 2016 U.S. annual return. Most of it came from massive donations from...”




    “The main thing those of us who support the energy sector and pipeline construction need to understand is that we are 10 years and half a billion dollars behind in the public opinion campaign to win over hearts and minds in support of energy development. ...”


    “Will we never learn? The so-called grassroots environmental movement is the furthest thing from being grassroots. It is a big money campaign that is designed to control domestic political decisions for the benefit of foreign interests. And we’re all supposed to be concerned that the Russians are trying to influence our elections by buying ads on Facebook? I think the foreign roots of green activism is a much greater threat to Canadian democracy”.
    ...”

    https://globalnews.ca/news/4059563/d...tain-pipeline/




    Be cautious whose voice you’re listening to these days
    Jamie Rieger Dec 20, 2018

    “Researcher/writer Vivian Krause has been researching organizations such as the Tides Foundation, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and Corporate Ethics for years about their focus on shutting down the Canadian oil patch. She spoke to a packed house in Drayton Valley on Dec. 2 about the ?”Tar Sands Campaign”, which she said has been operating for about 10 years with millions of dollars in funding from American entities, including the Rockefeller's.”

    https://www.prairiepost.com/opinion/...ff3926523.html

    More on the: Capitalists are behind it all, conspiracy theory:



    “Climate Change a Slow-Moving War” Claim is a Narrow View of a Few Activist Scientists says Friends of Science calling for Climate Equality and Climate Diversity

    December 28, 2018

    “...Wikileaks documents and by Matthew Nisbet’s (2018 ) research on "Strategic Philanthropy." LINK: onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/wcc.524

    These documents show that the climate conversation has been skewed by more than $600 million a year in ClimateWorks funding, over a decade, to environmental groups worldwide. The ClimateWorks' commercial objective was to push a climate catastrophe theme, coal phase-out, global cap and trade system and put $12 trillion in their vested interest renewables on the grid. Funding local environmental groups made proposals appear grassroots. ...”

    “Friends of Science Society has concluded that the sun is the main driver of climate change, not carbon dioxide (CO2). ”


    https://www.prweb.com/releases/clima...eb15968351.htm

    Bolding is mine.

    And I refuse to sign up to follow the twits of Twitter



    .
    Last edited by KC; 28-12-2018 at 08:05 AM.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Alberta needs to either opt out or force a serious change in equalization. I'm not sure anything short of turning off the taps will make Quebec, BC and Ottawa realize the damage they have done, and are doing to Alberta and the future of Confederation.
    Or current system is not sustainable for much longer.
    Jason has the gonads to do this, it needs to be done, because separation isn't an option, even though it's what I hear many times a week, from grande prairie to Lethbridge, Alberta isn't special, but treat with some decency!
    Interesting. Do you travel a lot? Or have conversations with people around the province?


    Quebec wanted “asymmetric federalism” where provinces aren’t all equal. At first I didn’t like the idea that we are not all equal, but we already had “asymmetric” rules to a greatly varying extent with indigenous, Inuit and First Nations due to historically negotiated deals and actions employed to gain control of Canada’s territory. So maybe it’s like multi-culturalism. We are not all the same and so we must all make allowances for each other’s differences and tolerate each other’s differences including how we run our provincial economies, how we share our gains from depleting and destroying the natural environment and get those to market to maximize the return for ourselves and so for all Canadians.

    So Quebec wants to dam up rivers and destroy valley systems, export asbestos, etc. who are we to argue against that? It’s their business. They have their culture(s), they have their business and if they wanted to send rail cars full of asbestos across Alberta - so be it. We’re a tolerant society. Blah, blah, blah...



    ‘Without exports, our profits are in trouble’: Hydro-Quebec plugs into U.S. markets for growth – Financial Post

    “But Hydro-Québec’s expansion won’t come easy. It has met fierce environmental resistance by U.S. interest groups, First Nations and some municipal authorities, who say its proposed transmission lines would be disastrous for ecologically sensitive areas.”

    https://business.financialpost.com/c...ets-for-growth

    Last edited by KC; 28-12-2018 at 08:47 AM.

  25. #25
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.
    I've listened to him, who he has spoken with. He's not everything, nobody is,but he's a damn sight better than Notley!
    Kenney has a plan.. I like his plan.
    And that’s the point of this thread. What is his plan? Then what exactly will he do?
    I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Alberta needs to either opt out or force a serious change in equalization. I'm not sure anything short of turning off the taps will make Quebec, BC and Ottawa realize the damage they have done, and are doing to Alberta and the future of Confederation.
    Or current system is not sustainable for much longer.
    Jason has the gonads to do this, it needs to be done, because separation isn't an option, even though it's what I hear many times a week, from grande prairie to Lethbridge, Alberta isn't special, but treat with some decency!

    notley couldn't stand up and fight bc so why would anyone think she can take on our federal govt. Notley let Alberta get walked on by every other province. She decided to stop the fight against bc with the wine bans.

    She's weak. We dont need a premier who prefers to hide and cower.

    What happened to the legislation to stop oil shipments to BC? Oh yeah... that was an idle threat.

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.

    Bingo
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.

    I listened to Jason Jenney and his views flip-flops so much that the pendulum is starting to spin. I want some predictability coming from my future premier, and Kenney has done absolutely nothing to earn that. For me, the race is between the Alberta Party and the NDP.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

  29. #29
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.

    I listened to Jason Jenney and his views flip-flops so much that the pendulum is starting to spin. I want some predictability coming from my future premier, and Kenney has done absolutely nothing to earn that. For me, the race is between the Alberta Party and the NDP.
    Omg, Mandel? Ugh!!! No Thankyou...and Calgary don't like him! He has no different ideas..but that's up to you isn't it, some people still love the NDP
    The Alberta party, old white men.

  30. #30
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.

    Bingo
    oh, that is so right. We CANNOT depend on any other country. It's asinine that we cannot even build pipelines in our own country to the West/ East coast. Shipping oil by rail means even more green house gases from the locomotives, risk of spills, and displaces other items that potentially need to be shipped by rail ( grain etc).

    Not developing our resources will come back to bite unfortunately.

  31. #31

    Default

    The problem is not the pipelines themselves primarily. It's the fact that it's bitumen which is harder to clean up and that the refineries along the routes cannot tap into without building an upgrader.

    Pipelines have been approved. Bitumen pipelines, on the other hand face opposition. And we make less for bitumen than for an upgraded product.

    You want Canadian refineries to buy more Alberta oil? Sell them something they can use.

  32. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.

    I listened to Jason Jenney and his views flip-flops so much that the pendulum is starting to spin. I want some predictability coming from my future premier, and Kenney has done absolutely nothing to earn that. For me, the race is between the Alberta Party and the NDP.
    Omg, Mandel? Ugh!!! No Thankyou...and Calgary don't like him! He has no different ideas..but that's up to you isn't it, some people still love the NDP
    The Alberta party, old white men.
    Usual nonsense from the United Cretin Party fringe.

  33. #33
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.

    I listened to Jason Jenney and his views flip-flops so much that the pendulum is starting to spin. I want some predictability coming from my future premier, and Kenney has done absolutely nothing to earn that. For me, the race is between the Alberta Party and the NDP.
    Omg, Mandel? Ugh!!! No Thankyou...and Calgary don't like him! He has no different ideas..but that's up to you isn't it, some people still love the NDP
    The Alberta party, old white men.
    Usual nonsense from the United Cretin Party fringe.
    How would you know, you haven't had an original thought for 10 years!..lol

  34. #34
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    12,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    ...
    Pipelines have been approved...
    really? which ones?
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  35. #35

    Default

    The Keystone Pipeline (Phase I) completed in June 2010 delivers oil from Hardisty, Alberta, over 3,456 kilometres (2,147 mi) to the junction at Steele City, Nebraska, and on to Wood River Refinery in Roxana, Illinois, and Patoka Oil Terminal Hub north of Patoka, Illinois.

    ---

    Alberta Clipper (also known as Enbridge's Line 67) is an oil pipeline in North America. It is owned and operated by Enbridge and is part of the extensive Enbridge Pipeline System. The pipeline runs from Hardisty, Alberta, in Canada, to Superior, Wisconsin, in the United States, integrating the company's Canadian oil sands pipeline system with the Lakehead system in the United States.[1]


    Construction on the pipeline began in summer 2008

    ---

    Just for a couple.

    The big hold up is what they carry, in terms of provincial opposition, along with environmental, economic and First Nations concerns. When Alberta just wants to lay pipe whereever they want and disregard the legitimate concerns of people who would be affected by a spill or a fire, we're not doing ourselves any favours.

    When Enbridge states that their pipelines would be safe, they conveniently ignore spills such as in Kalamazoo where the warning system alerted the operators right here in Edmonton that pressure was dropping so they responded by increasing the flow. They then attempted to cheap out on the clean up and declared it complete leading to the EPA to call for them to return and finish the job.

    The NTSB investigation synopsis pointed to corrosion fatigue as the underlying cause of the catastrophic breach. The incident was exacerbated by the pipeline's disbonded polyethylene tape coating. In July 2012, the cost of the cleanup operations was estimated at $767 million.[12] The NTSB stated the Enbridge dilbit oil spill is, as of 2012, the costliest onshore cleanup in U.S. history.[13] NTSB Chair Deborah Hersman likened "Enbridge's poor handling" of the spill to the Keystone Kops, asking: "Why didn't they recognize what was happening, and what took so long?" NPR reported that "NTSB investigators determined that the six-foot [1.8 m] gash in the pipe was caused by a flaw in the outside lining which allowed the pipe to crack and corrode. Now, in 2005, Enbridge actually had learned that this section of pipe was cracked and corroding. ... That same 2005 internal report pointed to 15,000 defects in the 40-year-old pipeline. And Enbridge decided not to dig up this [Talmadge Creek] area to inspect it."[14]


    In 2013, in opining on the Keystone XL pipeline proposal, the EPA recommended to the State Department that pipelines that carry bitumen should no longer be treated just like pipelines that carry any other oil. Stephen Hamilton, an ecology professor at Michigan State University and the independent science adviser at Talmadge Creek, detailed the challenges and expense of the still-ongoing Michigan cleanup.[15][16]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalamazoo_River_oil_spill


  36. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.
    I've listened to him, who he has spoken with. He's not everything, nobody is,but he's a damn sight better than Notley!
    Kenney has a plan.. I like his plan.
    And that’s the point of this thread. What is his plan? Then what exactly will he do?
    I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.
    That’s not an answer as to what you think is his plan...

  37. #37
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.
    I've listened to him, who he has spoken with. He's not everything, nobody is,but he's a damn sight better than Notley!
    Kenney has a plan.. I like his plan.
    And that’s the point of this thread. What is his plan? Then what exactly will he do?
    I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.
    That’s not an answer as to what you think is his plan...
    Too- darn- bad.lol

  38. #38

    Default

    That will be pretty much what I expect from Kenny. Ditto!
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

  39. #39
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    11,073

    Default

    Still no policy platform from the UCP.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

  40. #40
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    That will be pretty much what I expect from Kenny. Ditto!
    Well it's what we don't have with Notley, so you should be used to it, he won't look adoringly at Sock boy though...lol

  41. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    Still no policy platform from the UCP.
    This document a number of concrete actions. Nothing but fluff on some big issues. Though repealing the carbon tax is a huge one. The energy section is pretty much worthless drivel. They sure like the word “restore”.


    https://unitedconservative.ca/Conten...eclaration.pdf


    repeal the provincial carbon tax and vigorously oppose the imposition of any federal carbon tax.

     restore the provincial personal tax rate to a flat rate.

     restore the provincial corporate tax rate to a flat rate.



    Energy
    VISION
    RESOURCE STRATEGY
    The United Conservative Party is committed to...
     facilitatingmarket-orienteddevelopmentofAlberta’sdiverse,abundant,ren ewable and non-renewable energy resources as a key driver of economic prosperity ultimately benefiting all of Canada.
     restoringtheindependenceofourenergyregulatorsfromp oliticalinterference. The United Conservative Party believes that the Government of Alberta should...
     strengthenandpromoteAlberta’sglobalenergyleadershi pinenvironment,health, safety, and social standards.
     expandingnationalandinternationalmarketaccessoptio nsandmaximizingthe value of Alberta resources.
     facilitateprivatesectorpipeline,energycorridorandi nfrastructuredevelopments that maximize value and opportunities in the extraction, utilization and export of Alberta’s energy products.
     improveapplicationreviewandapprovaltimeframeswithi ntheAlbertaEnergy Regulator and other regulatory bodies in a manner that does not interfere with the decisions themselves.
    Last edited by KC; 29-12-2018 at 09:37 AM.

  42. #42

    Default

    Kenney will increase taxes for poor, and decrease taxes for the rich with the flat rate. What a terrible idea.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

  43. #43
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Kenney will increase taxes for poor, and decrease taxes for the rich with the flat rate. What a terrible idea.
    Really? Terrible? Hmm in your humble opinion I guess it is.
    The platform is usually released when an election is called, must be some posters first election..lol!
    How are the poor doing now? Food banks begging for more donations,no housing,under socialists the poor get poorer..get Notley out!

  44. #44
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    4,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.
    I've listened to him, who he has spoken with. He's not everything, nobody is,but he's a damn sight better than Notley!
    Kenney has a plan.. I like his plan.
    And that’s the point of this thread. What is his plan? Then what exactly will he do?
    I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.
    That’s not an answer as to what you think is his plan...
    Too- darn- bad.lol
    So you support Kenney without understanding what his platform is? There in is the problem with democracy people voting without an in formed opinion.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

  45. #45
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.
    I've listened to him, who he has spoken with. He's not everything, nobody is,but he's a damn sight better than Notley!
    Kenney has a plan.. I like his plan.
    And that’s the point of this thread. What is his plan? Then what exactly will he do?
    I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.
    That’s not an answer as to what you think is his plan...
    Too- darn- bad.lol
    So you support Kenney without understanding what his platform is? There in is the problem with democracy people voting without an in formed opinion.
    Nope, it hasn't been released yet. But I do vote Conservative, yes! We can't afford Notley! She's trying to save her position right now, she's useless, especially agreeing with JT from the start..rushing to give him his carbon tax,that was not in HER platform!!!!!!!

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Kenney will increase taxes for poor, and decrease taxes for the rich with the flat rate. What a terrible idea.
    Really? Terrible? Hmm in your humble opinion I guess it is.
    The platform is usually released when an election is called, must be some posters first election..lol!
    How are the poor doing now? Food banks begging for more donations,no housing,under socialists the poor get poorer..get Notley out!


    Food banks begging for more donations, no housing, under the socialists poor get poorer; get Notley out!



    Fixed that for you kiddo.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

  47. #47
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Kenney will increase taxes for poor, and decrease taxes for the rich with the flat rate. What a terrible idea.
    Really? Terrible? Hmm in your humble opinion I guess it is.
    The platform is usually released when an election is called, must be some posters first election..lol!
    How are the poor doing now? Food banks begging for more donations,no housing,under socialists the poor get poorer..get Notley out!


    Food banks begging for more donations, no housing, under the socialists poor get poorer; get Notley out!



    Fixed that for you kiddo.
    You're so kind, now write it out 100 times.

  48. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Kenney will increase taxes for poor, and decrease taxes for the rich with the flat rate. What a terrible idea.
    Really? Terrible? Hmm in your humble opinion I guess it is.
    The platform is usually released when an election is called, must be some posters first election..lol!
    How are the poor doing now? Food banks begging for more donations,no housing,under socialists the poor get poorer..get Notley out!


    Food banks begging for more donations, no housing, under the socialists poor get poorer; get Notley out!



    Fixed that for you kiddo.
    You're so kind, now write it out 100 times.
    Decades of Alberta increasing its population, increasing its dependence on low-employee-need-oil-sands-production-plants, not changing its dependence on high oil prices and capital infusions to build more production than we can export...

    The building boom of the last decade and a half and increased population to go with it, was always at risk of ending when global oil prices inevitably fell.

    The NDP or whoever would have been in power had no choice but to try to soften the blow.

    However, recovering oil prices and borrowing may no longer save our butts.

    So I’d like to see some real, tangible, thoughtful and knowledgeable plans come out of at least one of our political options. Not more meaningless platitudes, ideological dead-ends and nice sounding fluff full of emotion laden wording.


    We’ve built an economy heavily dependent on low margin commodities that suffer over production and price collapses.
    Last edited by KC; 29-12-2018 at 02:09 PM.

  49. #49
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Well you vote for who you think, can do what you want KC. Voting is not a perfect process. Sometimes voters vote for substance and good management of the country. Other times they vote for hair and socks.

  50. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    That will be pretty much what I expect from Kenny. Ditto!
    Well it's what we don't have with Notley, so you should be used to it, he won't look adoringly at Sock boy though...lol
    We didn't have because the Tories were in office for 5 decades some of which during incredible economic fortunes but still left is in debt prior to Notley being in office. I'm hardly partisan to any party, but I WON'T be foolish to have a stance like yours.

    My instinct of Kenny is not good and I'm sticking with that.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

  51. #51
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    That will be pretty much what I expect from Kenny. Ditto!
    Well it's what we don't have with Notley, so you should be used to it, he won't look adoringly at Sock boy though...lol
    We didn't have because the Tories were in office for 5 decades some of which during incredible economic fortunes but still left is in debt prior to Notley being in office. I'm hardly partisan to any party, but I WON'T be foolish to have a stance like yours.

    My instinct of Kenny is not good and I'm sticking with that.
    Well who's telling you to go against your instincts, I'm not. I'm going with mine..and I'm voting for Jason. End of!

  52. #52

    Default

    Jason Kenny, better known as the General for the Solders of Odin. They're a baseball team. Yeah, that's it, a baseball team.

    The same guy who, when he was immigration minister, couldn't find an actual group of people who were going to take the oath of citizenship, so he brought in a bunch of staffers to pretend.
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 29-12-2018 at 06:56 PM.

  53. #53

    Default

    What, he lies and manipulates like going to India and falsifying his position?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

  54. #54
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    What, he lies and manipulates like going to India and falsifying his position?
    Sounds like JT, minus the fancy dress! lol

  55. #55

    Default

    Trudeau doesn't pal around with neo-Nazis.

  56. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    What, he lies and manipulates like going to India and falsifying his position?
    Sounds like JT, minus the fancy dress! lol
    Justin or him, you are proud of that?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

  57. #57
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Trudeau doesn't pal around with neo-Nazis.
    No,just terrorists, and yes mnyen and women, the arrogant little PRI*k!

  58. #58
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    What, he lies and manipulates like going to India and falsifying his position?
    Sounds like JT, minus the fancy dress! lol
    Justin or him, you are proud of that?
    If it were true, no.. KKK posts a lot of lies, and you're pretty damn gullible. Jason courted the Indian vote and made many good friends, how did you not know that? I'm rarely proud of any politicians, because they are in it for themselves. Mandel lied when he was mayor, he was useless, Notley lied like a rug, until she got in. You're proud of that? Sheesh..

  59. #59

  60. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    What, he lies and manipulates like going to India and falsifying his position?
    Sounds like JT, minus the fancy dress! lol
    Justin or him, you are proud of that?
    If it were true, no.. KKK posts a lot of lies, and you're pretty damn gullible. Jason courted the Indian vote and made many good friends, how did you not know that? I'm rarely proud of any politicians, because they are in it for themselves. Mandel lied when he was mayor, he was useless, Notley lied like a rug, until she got in. You're proud of that? Sheesh..
    Why would I pay attention to a lying manipulator? I'm sure he has made friends. There are many ways of doing so $$$
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

  61. #61
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    11,073

    Default

    I wonder how Jason Kenney would have reacted to the flood in Calgary or the forest fire in Fort McMurray. Ralph Klein flew over Lake Wabamum in an airplane during the train derailment (probably a detour on his flight to Calgary) thinking it was an Northern Alberta problem.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

  62. #62
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    What, he lies and manipulates like going to India and falsifying his position?
    Sounds like JT, minus the fancy dress! lol
    Justin or him, you are proud of that?
    If it were true, no.. KKK posts a lot of lies, and you're pretty damn gullible. Jason courted the Indian vote and made many good friends, how did you not know that? I'm rarely proud of any politicians, because they are in it for themselves. Mandel lied when he was mayor, he was useless, Notley lied like a rug, until she got in. You're proud of that? Sheesh..
    Why would I pay attention to a lying manipulator? I'm sure he has made friends. There are many ways of doing so $$$
    I guess you don't have to, I loathe JT and yet I know what he does, and I'm not keen on carbon tax Lil (Notley), but I know what she does..so let the chips fall where they may

    I like to be informed, its obvious you let others lead you around, I saw the latest poll, and Jason is well ahead..what a good year 2019 is going to be..

    I'm done with this silly thread..

    ciao CE
    Last edited by H.L.; 30-12-2018 at 11:57 PM.

  63. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

    The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.

    A great CAPITALISTS vs CONSERVATIVES conspiracy theory by Vivian Krause:



    “Researcher argues anti-Alberta oil campaign not about environment

    After looking extensively into the matter, researcher Vivian Krause says the campaign against Alberta oil is not about the environment. She says much of the campaign is funded by American money. “



    https://globalnews.ca/video/4655759/...ut-environment




    Danielle Smith: Foreign interests behind effort to stop Trans Mountain Pipeline | Globalnews.ca
    Mar 2018

    Excerpts:

    If you haven’t signed up to follow Vivian Krause on Twitter, you really should. This week she continued to expose the roots of the extreme environmental opposition to Alberta oilsands and those who fund it. ...


    Environmental groups – backed by the U.S.-based Tides Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation and other well-endowed U.S. funds – met in 2008 to hatch a strategy, called the Tarsands Campaign, to landlock Alberta oil and prevent it from reaching international markets to fetch international prices. ...




    “Krause has just discovered where 350.org got their funding, from their most recent 2016 U.S. annual return. Most of it came from massive donations from...”




    “The main thing those of us who support the energy sector and pipeline construction need to understand is that we are 10 years and half a billion dollars behind in the public opinion campaign to win over hearts and minds in support of energy development. ...”


    “Will we never learn? The so-called grassroots environmental movement is the furthest thing from being grassroots. It is a big money campaign that is designed to control domestic political decisions for the benefit of foreign interests. And we’re all supposed to be concerned that the Russians are trying to influence our elections by buying ads on Facebook? I think the foreign roots of green activism is a much greater threat to Canadian democracy”.
    ...”

    https://globalnews.ca/news/4059563/d...tain-pipeline/




    Be cautious whose voice you’re listening to these days
    Jamie Rieger Dec 20, 2018

    “Researcher/writer Vivian Krause has been researching organizations such as the Tides Foundation, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and Corporate Ethics for years about their focus on shutting down the Canadian oil patch. She spoke to a packed house in Drayton Valley on Dec. 2 about the ?”Tar Sands Campaign”, which she said has been operating for about 10 years with millions of dollars in funding from American entities, including the Rockefeller's.”

    https://www.prairiepost.com/opinion/...ff3926523.html

    More on the: Capitalists are behind it all, conspiracy theory:



    “Climate Change a Slow-Moving War” Claim is a Narrow View of a Few Activist Scientists says Friends of Science calling for Climate Equality and Climate Diversity

    December 28, 2018

    “...Wikileaks documents and by Matthew Nisbet’s (2018 ) research on "Strategic Philanthropy." LINK: onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/wcc.524

    These documents show that the climate conversation has been skewed by more than $600 million a year in ClimateWorks funding, over a decade, to environmental groups worldwide. The ClimateWorks' commercial objective was to push a climate catastrophe theme, coal phase-out, global cap and trade system and put $12 trillion in their vested interest renewables on the grid. Funding local environmental groups made proposals appear grassroots. ...”

    “Friends of Science Society has concluded that the sun is the main driver of climate change, not carbon dioxide (CO2). ”


    https://www.prweb.com/releases/clima...eb15968351.htm

    Bolding is mine.

    And I refuse to sign up to follow the twits of Twitter



    .
    .Opinion: The Great American conspiracy to sabotage Canadian oilpatch | Calgary Herald

    https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...adian-oilpatch
    Last edited by KC; 30-12-2018 at 10:59 PM.

  64. #64
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,598

    Default

    Has it been demonstrated that the Rockefeller Fund supports these eco groups specifically for the purpose of helping the USA's own oil industry? I know the Rockefellers were in the oil business a hundred years ago, but do they still have a direct connection to the industry?

  65. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    Has it been demonstrated that the Rockefeller Fund supports these eco groups specifically for the purpose of helping the USA's own oil industry? I know the Rockefellers were in the oil business a hundred years ago, but do they still have a direct connection to the industry?
    It’s like the Russian interference in the US election. Who knows whether such foreign influences tip the scales. (Everyone uses the same excuse - America is behind it, Russia is behind it, Israel is behind it... foreigners are always a convenient boogieman. In Trump’s case everyone knew what they were getting.) In the case of pipelines everyone since the 2004 Supreme Court ruling has known approvals had to meet higher levels on consultation or whatever.

  66. #66
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    foreigners are always a convenient boogieman. In Trump’s case everyone knew what they were getting.
    Yes, if your electorate can be swayed by a picture of Jesus arm-wrestling Satan to stop Hillary, your country has bigger problems than some Russian trolls posting stuff on social media.

    That said, if American citizens aligned with Trump broke the law to assist the Russians, that's an issue unto itself, regardless of whether their efforts were actually decisive. In regards to the anti-pipeline funding, obviously, there were already people in Canada who don't want pipelines. But if it were to turn out that the environmental groups were taking money from people who didn't share their views, but just wanted to damage the Canadian oil industry to the benefit of the American, that would be a pretty big black-eye for them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •