Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers 2018/19 Season

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    Hitchcock is the worst thing to happen to this team since the 2006 cup run. Any success he has will prevent the necessary organizational change occurring. I hope McDavid has a gentle (long term but highly recoverable) injury that prevents him from playing for this crap franchise for the rest of the season.
    Spoken like a true Calgarian
    LOL! Hitch is great!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

What (I think?) he's saying is that Hitch is great, but his successes will prolong the not-great Peter Chiarelli's job as Oilers GM.

I'm kinda with that to a point -- Chiarelli has been a disaster and has prolonged our long national nightmare in many ways -- but, all things considered, I'll just take the wins any way I can get them.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Ask and ye shall receive: Jonathan Willis tweets from The Athletic article, Bob Nicholson confirms Chiarelli's job is safe if the Oilers make the playoffs.

What a crap franchise.

^It's terrifying to imagine what kind of desperate short-sighted trade Chiarelli might make in order to keep his job. Ugh.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Toby sure messed up on that breakaway. Hard to believe he was so good in the OHL. He scored 42 goals for the Kitchener Rangers. Leading scorer.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 14-12-2018 at 09:10 PM.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Oilers win again! That should compel you naysayers to STFU (as usual).
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

6th in the West but the usual suspects play tomorrow night.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Oilers win again! That should compel you naysayers to STFU (as usual).

Good game !!!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I’ll sleep better tonight. Did Connor McDavid really score a goal off the goalies bum? We are on a roll. Stanley Cup here we come.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ I wouldn't go that far, but the Oilers are on a roll and that's because of the coaching and goaltender change. And yes McDavid scored right off the Flyers goaltenders rear end banking the puck from behind the net, plus McDavid got an open net goal. The way the Oilers are going they are playoff bound for sure at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Toby sure messed up on that breakaway. Hard to believe he was so good in the OHL. He scored 42 goals for the Kitchener Rangers. Leading scorer.
    If you watch again he got slashed just as he was getting set to shoot. Which caused him to miss the puck. Should've been a penalty.

That said with his speed he should have done more to break completely free, then he wouldn't have been slashed.

Regardless player plays a good 200 ft game and with his speed and constant energy is a pressuring headache for opponents.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Greatest player in the game today:

https://www.facebook.com/Oilers.NHL/...8959686925149/
    Last edited by envaneo; 15-12-2018 at 05:37 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Loss in Vancouver. The canucks did a good job of tying up the oilers especially mcdavid

Hitchcock criticizes Ref's non-calls for hacks, interference against McDavid

The first two goals against Koskinen were ones he would normally stop 9/10

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

The too many men, delay of game penalties, we're all on the Oilers. I liked how the on ice official gave JP the tip about his penalty.

It was a ****** result when things were going very well after the first period and the 1-0 goal. It then went on to a series of negative things after that - puck hopping over sticks, dumb penalties, Koskinin playing more like Talbot than himself, and Vancouver being allowed to have liberties with McDavid.

C2E SME

****!
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I thought Talbot played well. Khaira's uncharacteristic reactionary hit was the turning point of the game. The sky isn't falling.

PP and PK are still a problem. And snipers finding the top corners over Talbot's shoulders.

Beat by another bottom-dwelling team.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

C2E Continued Contributor

Last few games, they look fatigued. Lots of games in not many days, with a lot of travel mixed in.

They miss Klefbom, especially on the PP. Nurse just hasn't had enough experience

Still nervous with Talbot in net this season

C2E SME

They had a good run during a fairly soft run in their schedule combined with the sugar high of a new coach and getting some hot goal tending. Especially with the injuries to Klefbom and Russell, this is still a team that is barely good enough to be on the playoff bubble over a full season. Even if Hitch manages to drag them in to the playoffs, that should not absolve the organization of pissing away the prime years of the best player in a generation. Or the arrogance to not realize that is exactly what they're doing.

^ It was not comforting to hear Bob Nicholson basically confirm Chiarelli's job is safe if the Oilers make the playoffs. Whether they sneak in to a wild-card spot or miss by a few points, doesn't change the reality Chiarelli has built a fringe-playoff team around the best player in the league. To hear Nicholson put it in such binary terms is actually just as concerning as the collective moves Chiarelli has made to handcuff the team.

Khaira suspended two games for cross-checking.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Good. Oilers have been taking too many stupid penalties.

Was at the game. Absolutely horrible. Chiasson, Pulj and Khaira the only ones playing with any intensity. McJesus with a bunch of giveaways. Everyone falling down at inopportune times. Talbot really scary handlign the puck. Biggest disappointment was Draisatl who coasted the whole game and didn't look like he cared. Shades of Eberle.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by nobleea View Post
    Was at the game. Absolutely horrible. Chiasson, Pulj and Khaira the only ones playing with any intensity. McJesus with a bunch of giveaways. Everyone falling down at inopportune times. Talbot really scary handlign the puck. Biggest disappointment was Draisatl who coasted the whole game and didn't look like he cared. Shades of Eberle.
    this team has had a habit - for too many years now - of going on short successful runs and reading their press clippings and quickly thinking they're as good as the recent run hints at. only to just as quickly come down to earth and crash and burn because they forget about the hard work that contributed to the success and think it was just talent. they're in the nhl - everyone in the nhl is talented and that's no longer a differentiator except for a tiny elite. that more than anything else will be the most difficult thing for hitchcock to overcome (except maybe overcoming the boys on the bus still behaving like they're the boys on the bus and the team is the best in the league except for the standings).
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

That attitude is going on decades.

C2E SME

What's more likely: the team periodically takes games or entire months of the schedule off? Or the team has been so poorly assembled and managed over the past decade or two that it is almost never good enough and hockey is a game of bounces and streaks that can mask or exacerbate how bad a team is? Attitude and effort have unquestionably have a part to play in a team's performance. But I think they're quite a ways down the list for reasons why the Oilers have consistently been a bad team.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    What's more likely: the team periodically takes games or entire months of the schedule off? Or the team has been so poorly assembled and managed over the past decade or two that it is almost never good enough and hockey is a game of bounces and streaks that can mask or exacerbate how bad a team is? Attitude and effort have unquestionably have a part to play in a team's performance. But I think they're quite a ways down the list for reasons why the Oilers have consistently been a bad team.
    except those streaks - and i would include the 2006 playoff run which is arguably the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise - instill that same false confidence and comfort level in management as it does the players in regard to what they have assembled being good enough.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Ya but....had they won that seventh game it would have been great. Same with Calgary. Both so close to Stanley.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Another loss on HNIC. Ironic that the southern sunny palm tree place that has never seen a frozen pond has the best ice hockey team and the most northerly team in the land of solid ice and snow has the poor ice hockey team. lol

^ Shows what hockey knowledge in building a team can do.... Yzerman and Brisebois versus Lowe and Chiarelli

Kucherov 5 McDavid 2

We lost not just the game, lost Connor matchup against Kuch, at home, and with RNH and Puljujarvi, Connor got owned, had his lunch money stolen, and presents taken away. Kucherov still laughing as he left the ice at how easy it was.

The headline;

"Kucherov with his first 5pt game in his NHL career"

Which sadly took place here, and against the Edmonton Oilers, and against our top McDavid line.

The line allowed 4EVGA last night, for 4 of Kucherov's pts.

Is it possible even that this org manages to screw up the best player in hockey?
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Line juggling and line matching is hurting not helping. The Big Dog Kutcherov was +5 and McDavid was -3. Let's put a checking line against the Big Dogs like Glen Sather used to do. I'm tired of the Big Dogs lighting it up against the Oilers.

C2E SME

I wonder what Hitchcock is saying at the first intermission.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

These guys are just awfully hard to watch when they play like this.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

The ship is sinking again

Damn it!

I don't understand why Yamamoto is not on the big club? He provides a spark and that's what this team desperately needs. Surely he is better than Spooner or Zykov.

The same with Ethan Bear. He has more offensive upside as a d-man compared to Gravel or Wideman or Jones.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    ”don’t worry about the points... it’s just a side bet with the general manager on how many lines lucic can kill.”

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

We have to put a trade package together involving several players just to get one or two more goal scorers that can bury it
    Last edited by Drumbones; 28-12-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Why am I not sitting on a beach in Florida (to himself)

This is the Oilers team reverting to form. A depth limited band of players that overcompensate, get out of position, freelance, get out of schemes, and inevitably lose.

Oh look, Koski crashed to Earth as well now. That was looking like Chiarelli's darling signing.

How black is it for Chiarelli that another coach has been fired, still not addressing the problem, Lucic is dead, is a problem, Chiasson now injured, and Koski is mortal.

If the Oilers miss the playoffs Chiarelli is going to have a hard time finding NHL re-employment when he's fired for this mess of a lineup.
    Last edited by Replacement; 28-12-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    These guys are just awfully hard to watch when they play like this.
    Effort wise the team outplayed the Nucks. Had most of the play. The trouble is in order to do that we were playing McD and Drai both over 27mins which is insane. No forwards should be on ice that much. But we lack depth so we're trying to doubleshift quality.

We have 3 forwards on this club worth having. Everybody knows who they are. We have at least 10 forwards that are fill.

A few injury depleted D and the lineup is a disaster.

Theres only one position we have good depth at, Center, but we're so lacking in winger talent that we have to bounce one of those to the wing to add up to any line that works.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    ”don’t worry about the points... it’s just a side bet with the general manager on how many lines lucic can kill.”
    Surely not fun for Lucic. I'd bet he'd be willing to strike his no-trade clause. I was thinking a team in the East might want a nuclear option for Tom Wilson, but he just can't keep up it seems. Can't see it. I love the guy, but he's a boat anchor, and I don't see that improving.

When Hitch came in the Oilers tightened up noticeably on the defensive side, and played a much more patient game. It's the right approach when you have a game breaker or two that can win in a saw-off. They need to win the 2-1, 3-2 games.

The most noticeable area, for me, was in their own zone. At first there were lots of players back, pretty deep, and there was little or no gap between the forwards and the defence for the opposition to exploit, load up, and shoot. Koskinen was playing really well, but he didn't have to be great.

That lasted about 10 games, the usual honeymoon period for a coaching change.

Now you have Lucic with the puck, and Kassian blowing the zone. It was a bad giveaway by Lucic, but the puck went right to where Kassian should have been, and would have been, 10 games ago. I doubt he made it back to centre ice by the time the guy scored.

It's as if they experience a little success, start to feel good about themselves, and think it's going to be easy - forgetting that it was patience, discipline, defence, a rigid system, teamwork, active sticks in the lane, not blowing the zone, not pinching in the O-Zone on a high risk play, and hard work that got them the success.

It will never be easy. It will always be hard.

It's a game of mistakes. You can't play the game if you're terrified of making a mistake. The teams with the best habits are in the best position (literally) to recover from their own mistakes, and exploit the other team's mistakes.

I've heard talk about "swagger" from this organization for many years. As if winning comes from swagger, and not the other way around.

Swagger never won anybody anything. It goes hand in hand with arrogance. It's baloney.

Confidence is different. Easy to talk about, but in practice this team can be pretty fragile.

It's not as much fun to watch, and it doesn't pile up the stats, but this team can win if they learn to lock down a game. I think I've said that for ten years. Forget about how good you are, have respect for how good the opposition is, and check them into the dirt.

With McDavid and Draisaitl I like the team's chances in a 1-1 game.
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

^ Agree 100% Well said.

The #Oilers have recalled forward Kailer Yamamoto from the Bakersfield @Condors & placed forward Alex Chiasson on Injured Reserve. Yamamoto has scored 4 goals & 4 assists in 11 @TheAHL games this season
    https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/s...95245867827200

Jimbo - excellent analysis.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^^^^

not fun for lucic? perhaps.

and perhaps you and i need to figure out how to get paid $6 million a year to not have fun. he!!, for $6 million a year i might even be prepared to be downright miserable (although some might say i already am which would then make it much like taking candy from a baby).

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    ^^^^

not fun for lucic? perhaps.

and perhaps you and i need to figure out how to get paid $6 million a year to not have fun. he!!, for $6 million a year i might even be prepared to be downright miserable (although some might say i already am which would then make it much like taking candy from a baby).
    $6M a year, guaranteed, is pretty good money for sure. The money definitely takes some of the sting away. I'd sit in the press box for that, which is where he should be right now. I can't think of a spot for him, unless I consider the competition on the wings with this team.

A lot of teams have a contract like that. I was hoping for a Dustin Brown type of resurgence, but that appears unlikely.

Barring such a miracle, soon, I think it's time to cut bait in some fashion, even though it's going to hurt.
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

3-1 sharks in the second OMG

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

4-1 going into the third. We should just be nice to Connor and let him go play for the Leafs I guess.

McDavid is one goal against away from requesting a trade and who could blame him.

Just imagine the sponsorship dough he must be leaving on the table because of this crap franchise.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

7-2 now. Holee

McDavid is one goal against away from requesting a trade and who could blame him.

Just imagine the sponsorship dough he must be leaving on the table because of this crap franchise.
    He's not leaving any sponsorship dough on the table....his dad is his business manager and he already has him in like Flynn with national packages.....he might only be missing a potential curry-in-a-hurry or a local Hyundai/Subaru dealership....lol....

I mean really, the only thing to fix this team is front office jobs for the rest of Katz's BOTB doll collection. "Hello Glenn? Have I got an offer for you..."

^ Yeahhh! Typical Edmonton fan over-reaction. Good thing McDavid has more class than some Oilers fans.

C2E SME

Time to fire Chiarelli.

OOOOOHHHHH - his DAD is his business manager. Well I declare!

Yeah, McDavid in say Chicago, Boston, or New York would definitely NOT be making more money for himself or the league - SUUUUUURE. Stay Classy North Guy!

As for over reaction I'll quote Dennis King's pinned tweet - Connor McDavid, three years in the league, two scoring titles, one playoff appearance.

C2E SME

The Oilers were also stupid in letting Zykov go to Vegas.

I'm not sure how this is stupid? Zykov was useless.

C2E SME

And shortly after, Chiasson was put on IR, when it wasn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    I'm not sure how this is stupid? Zykov was useless.
    Zykov played all of 30mins here through only 5 games and virtually none of it topsix where his talent should be ideally featured. The guy would have one of the better shots on this club and was not put into any position to use it. Vegas will make better use of the player.

Speaking of useless the Oilers call up a pint sized yamamoto on the same day Chiasson is put on IR and Zykov is sent packing. If you've noticed Yama doing anything positive this regular season in his considerable minutes make mention of it.

I don't know how the NHL awards the first goal in the Oilers game to McDavid. Not even close.

I get that the goal light flashing and the goal horn blaring doesn't necessarily stop the play, but the ref signalling goal does. And he did it well before McDavid comes in. Everybody had stopped, as they would, because it was dead.

Either Rattie scores, or the play is dead.

How do you screw that up, that bad, on a review?

C2E SME

Oilers trade Caggiula and Garrison to the Hawks for Manning and some Swedish guy named Robin Norell. Guess Manning won't be injuring McJesus any time soon!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

So Twitter is lighting up in Chicago with people excited with this deal that is so good for the Hawks and bad for the Oilers. No one can understand why Edmonton would make this deal. Any comments?

C2E SME

I wonder if Caggiula asked for the trade.

Internet winner of the day!

It took a while, but in acquiring Brandon Manning the Oilers finally got even with Brandon Manning.

https://twitter.com/Rob_Tychkowski/s...20264868622336

I'm not a fan of Caggiula, Manning, or Wideman, yet it's still hard to be optimistic about these trades:

Petrovic, a second-round pick in 2010, hasn’t blossomed into the rock-solid top-four defender the Panthers were looking for. Petrovic has been a frequent guest in the press box lately – he’s been scratched 11 times in the last month and a half on a very average Panthers team, which should tell you all you need to know about Florida’s perception of his game. Manning has been outscored 26 to nine (-2.8 goals per-60 minutes) this season in Chicago, which is the worst number for any defender in the league and the second-worst for any positional player, decimal points behind Ottawa’s Tom Pyatt.
    (The rest of the article is much more depressing: https://www.tsn.ca/sunday-trades-the...rida-1.1233873)

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Was just watching global at noon and Shaye says we have three NHL players and the rest are an AHL team (likely referring to McDavid, Draisaitl, and Nuge, but maybe not)
    Last edited by Drumbones; 02-01-2019 at 04:04 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Add Alex Chiasson in that group. If the Oilers lose tomorrow in AZ, the team needs to admit there is something seriously wrong with this group. What happened to buying into the Ken Hitchcock system?

^ Add Alex Chiasson in that group. If the Oilers lose tomorrow in AZ, the team needs to admit there is something seriously wrong with this group. What happened to buying into the Ken Hitchcock system?
    This team abandons the system at the first sign things aren't going their way, and it only makes matters worse. A system, any system, is better that the freelancing going on. A lot of people are saying Kassian is playing well now, under Hitch, but he's one of the worst for cheating on offence, and blowing the zone well before there's clear possession and a passing lane. I know he wants badly to contribute a goal, but he's leaking bad. I'd put him into the worst player category.

McDavid is fast, Draisaitl is fast enough, but the rest of the team is pretty slow. And now he trades for two more slow, stay at home D, in a game where you need all 5 players playing a 200 ft game.

I know it's painful to admit, but it doesn't look like Puljujaarvi was a wise selection.

I said, at the time, they should be going for Sergachev. He's what they needed. But this team can't resist the shiny toy. Should have been a sign when Finnish GM and Finnish head scout passes on a Finn for Pierre Luc Dubois, who is 16-20-36 so far this season, and +10. Hell, it was a sign.

But, similar to the way the team is playing, they abandon the plan on a whim.

Every team makes mistakes. Most have a boat anchor contract or two.

But it seems every trade is a trade down, because they trade assets when they're desperate, and assets are at their lowest point, and get the lowest return. The last time Chiarelli traded up was Kassian for Scrivens, because the Habs were effectively forced to get rid of him.

Outside of the brief playoff run two seasons ago, this team has never felt like a team. Every team has better and worse players, but the Oilers have been like two different teams since the Hall draft, where there are the superstars, and a bunch of guys on team B, who interchange pet whipping boy status through the season.

Remember the "Jultz" move, where Schultz would stick out his rear, and reach his stick out front?

Now I'm even seeing it with forwards, who stop skating and glide, and reach out with their stick to try to poke the puck, instead of skating into it. Even Khaira, who I'd call one of the more responsible players, generally.

That's a very bad sign.

'I know it's painful to admit, but it doesn't look like Puljujaarvi was a wise selection.'

Consistently one of the laziest guys out there. He is fast, at times, rarely uses his size, dumps and occasionally chases, and ends up getting off of the ice as soon as possible.

Awful
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

“ I know it's painful to admit, but it doesn't look like Puljujaarvi was a wise selection “ ....And left Mathew Tkachuk on the table for the 🔥 Flames
    Last edited by Drumbones; 01-01-2019 at 10:40 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

We need more talented guys with more intestinal fortitude. Maybe a few Saskatchewan farm boys.

Or, and stay with me on this, let prospects develop in the AHL rather than rushing them into the lineup. Though this would require a full NHL calibre lineup in the first place.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Oilers have a pretty good line up with McDavid and Draisaitl and RNH is stepping it up. To be fair the Oilers have been playing some pretty good teams lately. Chances of making the playoffs are slim to none as we approach mid season, but if putting up 4 straight wins is the best they can do, once in awhile, that's not going to cut it playoff wise. Sure its easy to blame
    Chiarelli for these lousy contracts but all he's doing is offering a band aid solution for these recent trades. I'm predicting a win tonight and a 3/4 wins on this road trip. If the Oilers lose to Arizona uggh.

Take McDavid, Drai, and RNH out for a second and try to tell me that the Oilers have an NHL calibre lineup.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

That's just it, they don't. The Oilers have 3 quality guys. Possibly 4 including Chiasson. The Oilers losing Russell, Klefbom were the start of this downward avalanche. I'm somewhat optimistic 8th in the West is still achievable. Too bad Oilers couldn't have snagged Nylander or Karlson. Maybe something will happen out of February.

Oilers have a pretty good line up with McDavid and Draisaitl and RNH is stepping it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.L View Post
    Take McDavid, Drai, and RNH out for a second and try to tell me that the Oilers have an NHL calibre lineup.
    That's just it, they don't. The Oilers have 3 quality guys. Possibly 4 including
    Hahaha

Injuries never seem to hit our fourth line forwards, or 3rd defense pairing. Always our top performers - including our three best D.

I know, injuries aren't supposed to be an excuse - but damn, when we get them, they're to our best players.

Feel bad - watched the Dec 27 loss to the Canuckleheads - terrible goal-tending. But, watched from the SN lounge - will do that again!
    ... gobsmacked

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    Injuries never seem to hit our fourth line forwards, or 3rd defense pairing. Always our top performers - including our three best D.

I know, injuries aren't supposed to be an excuse - but damn, when we get them, they're to our best players.

Feel bad - watched the Dec 27 loss to the Canuckleheads - terrible goal-tending. But, watched from the SN lounge - will do that again!
    some of that might be the difference between playing 22-24 minutes per game against the other teams' top players and playing 8-10 minutes against the other teams' 3rd and 4th lines/pairings.

To be an Oilers Fan you have to expect to be disappointed.

Hitchcock gets 20/26 possible points in his first 13 games, then the Oilers lose their next 6. I think Jimbo's comments in post #474 hit the nail on the head.

Worth re-upping Marcel's comments in post #292, too. No finer post in this thread, imo.

Oilers, undefeated in 2019!..

C2E SME

Looks like Chiasson and Russell return next game.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I noticed this morning that J. Gaudreau is tied in goals, assists and points with C. McDavid

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

3 zip for LA already in the first. It’s depressing.

C2E SME

At least Chiasson's back. The defense looks lost out there.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

A 3-0 lead is often hard to keep. This is a horrible team. Russell could be back tomorrow.

Lot's of time left for a comeback!

Still 3-zip after the 2nd period. Oilers starting to play smart.

Next goal wins!

Hitchcock was wrong about Puljujarvi. Should have remained in the AHL.

This team can't afford another passenger.

The NHL isn't a developmental league. Clearly outmatched. Not showing signs of improvement. Maybe regressing.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Too many passengers on this team.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Oilers were outplayed and manhandled by the Kings. The commentator reiterated the Oilers have won one game in Staples Center in seven years. I have a hate on for the Kings but the Oilers are so useless sometimes it’s just sad. McDavid gets elbowed, shoved down, high sticked and hacked and nobody seems to give a shoot. Refs suck and his teammates suck too. I just wish we had a few players with grit and toughness that would stick up for their mates. Watching Doughty laughing on the bench after elbowing Connor in the face, no penalty, will stick in my craw. If I owned the team I would fire a few people in management tonight. Wake them up with a call in the middle of the night. It’s time for drastic measures.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 05-01-2019 at 10:55 PM.

C2E SME

The Oilers are a bunch of individuals, not a team. I don't think the team as a whole does not stand up for McDavid, even though he consistently gives 60 minutes. Hitchcock was ticked after the game.

I know Hitch was ******, but the coaching isn't the problem..
    They played this way last season, # notateam

1. That was atrocious Oilers.
    2. McDavid got knocked around and nobody seemed to give a ****.
    3. Congrats to Anze
    4. D.Brown is a machine
    5. We look as if we want to fail.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast