Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Edmonton Oilers 2018/19 Season

I'd rather C2E than work!

What if Chiarelli decides to get even with the disgruntled fan and trades Connor McDavid like he traded his top young player Tyler Seguin in Boston to the Stars, which was a shocker at the time. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Seguin.
    Last edited by Drumbones; Today at 07:29 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I think McDavid has a no move clause. Replace Chiarelli for Keith Gretzky.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

C2E SME
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Spooner (and Rattie) on waivers.

Chiarelli is truly an artist at converting value into garbage.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Quote Originally Posted by SP59 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The Division is very weak so the Oilers have a decent shot at a playoff spot. But this isn't a good team.

I keep reading that the Oilers can't afford to give up a top prospect in a trade, because they'd be mortgaging their future. What top prospect?

Perhaps the most damning indictment of a team that's ditched 11 of the last 12 seasons is that despite a decade of high draft picks the team has one of the worst prospect pools in the league.

Not one player in the top 50. Not even Bouchard cracks the top 50.

TSN top 50.

When you say the Oilers spent 11 of the last 12 seasons ditching you give the impression that the team could have won if they wanted to.

Not really. But I think maybe that's the impression they have. I've always had the feeling the 'I know how to win' boys think they're smarter than the rest of the league. As if they can game the league, stack their team, and dominate.

But my point is that no team has been rewarded at the draft like the Oilers, for over a decade. Still, they have a lousy team, are right at the cap, and have very poor prospect depth.

That's quite an accomplishment.
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    I think McDavid has a no move clause. Replace Chiarelli for Keith Gretzky.
    Nepotism and cronyism are two of the teams biggest problems. Everybody knows it.

If the Oilers hire Gretzky as GM they'll be the laughingstock of the league. Currently, Ottawa is first in that race, but the Oilers are catching up.
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    What if Chiarelli decides to get even with the disgruntled fan and trades Connor McDavid like he traded his top young player Tyler Seguin in Boston to the Stars, which was a shocker at the time. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Seguin.
    Katz and Nicholson would say "no, we're not signing off on that, but thanks for confirming that we have to fire you."

There's basically zero parallels between the Seguin trade and your goofy what-if scenario.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567