Thread: Canada Day fIREWORKS

I'd rather C2E than work!
    Last edited by Barry N; 02-07-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

Millwoods fireworks was pretty good. Quite amazing display, nice park area, backdrop, and good views. Huge crowd for it. In the whole park probably as many as 50K people.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Aye to that. The beauty of it is that it's far better accessibilty than the river valley for us suburban types.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

The city has gotten big enough to support multiple fireworks celebrations. I've seen the big one downtown, and Millwoods, and somewhere south (Ellerslie?), and Sherwood Park, and the west end, all from my south-facing balcony.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Aye to that. The beauty of it is that it's far better accessibilty than the river valley for us suburban types.

We just walked to it both ways, albeit that was around 6 miles round trip and we got drizzled on on the way back but no major rain. I felt sorry for all the people that park in the area that take longer to get out of the parking lot than it does for us to walk all the way home. If you were parked anywhere at MWTC you weren't getting anywhere.

We beat the bus home as well. It just arrived after our trek home.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Long Term Contributor

The best place to view the fireworks? The legislature.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

St Albert had a good show, I was surprised..