Thread: Premier Notley's Fourth Year

Default Premier Notley's Fourth Year

How is it going?

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Well, the feds' recent moves on Kinder Morgan can't hurt, though whether they will help significantly(as opposed to just being a break even) is another matter.

The price of oil hasn't exactly playing along with her best interests the last few days.

I'd rather C2E than work!

She had to ditch her ideas about no pipelines, now it's we need them! Slow learner..

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    She had to ditch her ideas about no pipelines, now it's we need them! Slow learner..
    Source please.

I know she was against the free for all development of the oil sands because of the havoc they created but I’ve never heard of her being anti development. Moreover, it seems she may have been right because we are in an overproduction situation now, one that is reportedly slamming our potential margins to the tune of tens of billions of dollars a year.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Source please.

I know she was against the free for all development of the oil sands because of the havoc they created but Iíve never heard of her being anti development. Moreover, it seems she may have been right because we are in an overproduction situation now, one that is reportedly slamming our potential margins to the tune of tens of billions of dollars a year.
    i think if there is overproduction today it is based on pipeline capacity, not lack of markets or opportunities to sell. if the pipelines weren't full and potential production couldn't be sold, that would be overproduction. what we have is probably better classified as restricted production in that you won't produce/store what you can't deliver to market. unfortunately, having the oil industry in that position has also put farmers in that same position as tanker trains are taking up limited track and locomotive resources to transport oil that would previously have been available to transport grain. that grain backs up in elevators and silos and in the field and all of sudden there's no new crops because of the oversupply of existing inventory, not because that inventory can't be sold but because it now can't be delivered either.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee