Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Premier Notley's Fourth Year

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    There’s pretty good odds that Jason Kenny will bring in a PST. The NDP have paved the way for it.
    There is absolutely no way that Kenney will bring in a PST. That's the third rail of Alberta politics, and after years of lambasting the "tax and spend" policies of the NDP (which are basically just carry overs from the previous PC government), he'd look like a total hypocrite to bring in a PST. When, not if, he wins the election he'll likely bring in some moderate cuts and cross his fingers that oil and natural gas prices do most of the job of balancing the budget. Highly unlikely he'll raise revenue in any significant way.

Don't get me wrong, I think that a PST makes a huge amount of sense for Alberta, and the irony of the UCP bringing one in would be delicious. I just don't see it happening.

I'd rather C2E than work!

We have a sales tax, it's called the carbon tax.

No thats actually a carbon taxes. Other provinces have both a sales tax and carbon tax. Some even have a federal and provincial sales tax

Great question. The Prime Minister should have his eye closely on both the Transmountain pipeline and NAFTA.

C2E SME

Oh look, another bozo eruption: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...cist-1.4813877

Quote Originally Posted by CBC
    "I apologize for any offence my old posts have caused," Ross said in a Facebook post on her official candidate page Thursday afternoon. "They certainly do not represent my views today."
    Yeah, not buying that. I don't think her comments were "racist", because religion is not a race, but they were certainly ignorant and bigoted. And given just how ignorant and bigoted they were, I have little doubt she absolutely should not be an elected official who represents "all" Albertans. Nor should she even be in the running for a nomination of a major party. And the UCP should realize that as well. She's "evolved"? What a load of crap.

Ross also said she had no recollection of writing the controversial post where she said she hated the idea of building an Islamic centre in Fort McMurray.
    So she's a liar, too. Did the dog eat her homework, as well?
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 07-09-2018 at 01:08 PM.

I've heard many religions be called a cult..oh, but this is Muslim, so that's a no no . Why?

I'm not religious, so there's that..

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Trudeau was here in Edmonton this week.

Since you mentoned "election mode" that may be, but as for Nafta, (not that I'm an expert or know anything) Trudeau is letting Freeland do her job in Washington.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Oh look, another bozo eruption: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...cist-1.4813877

"I apologize for any offence my old posts have caused," Ross said in a Facebook post on her official candidate page Thursday afternoon. "They certainly do not represent my views today."
    Yeah, not buying that. I don't think her comments were "racist", because religion is not a race, but they were certainly ignorant and bigoted. And given just how ignorant and bigoted they were, I have little doubt she absolutely should not be an elected official who represents "all" Albertans. Nor should she even be in the running for a nomination of a major party. And the UCP should realize that as well. She's "evolved"? What a load of crap.

Ross also said she had no recollection of writing the controversial post where she said she hated the idea of building an Islamic centre in Fort McMurray.
    So she's a liar, too. Did the dog eat her homework, as well?
    Actually, jailing a bank robber in a bank vault wouldn't be a bad idea. As long as you didn't let him out.

And I'm curious as to what harm she thought would come from building a mosque in "our greatest asset" Fort MacMurray specifically.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    And I'm curious as to what harm she thought would come from building a mosque in "our greatest asset" Fort MacMurray specifically.
    It's a pretty obvious implication: they're terrorists, and they'll attack the oil sands.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    It's a pretty obvious implication: they're terrorists, and they'll attack the oil sands.
    Yeah, I know, my curiousity was largely rhetorical. If Muslim terrorists wanted to blow up the oil fields, I'm sure they could find a way of doing so without having to build a mosque in Fort McMurray.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123