Thread: Personal Plucking Dandelion Drone

Default Personal Plucking Dandelion Drone

Someone needs to make an autonomous drone that would launch as often as possible and fly (or drive) around one’s yard seeking out and destroying (plucking or chopping off) any yellow dandelion flowers. Keep them from going to seed and hoping they just give up and die.

Since it wouldn’t be a full blown lawn mower it could be small, weak and therefore cheap to buy. Maybe just a capacitor driven flower grinder under it. (Or a toxic chemical delivery system. Spit at the little flowering menace.)

I feel like putting up a sign saying I'm helping nature, the bees, and the rabbits. The Dandelions can thrive. I'll put up a white flag too. I'd rather have dandelions and naturally occurring plants than toxic chemicals on the frontlawn.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Another techno-fetish fantasy about things that scarcely matter.

And a chance for someone to hear themself crap on someone for something that "scarcely matters."
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Nothing dynamite can't fix. Never seen dandelions growing back in the crater.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    Another techno-fetish fantasy about things that scarcely matter.
    Yes!!! Exactly like the fetish of posting our thoughts on Internet forums.

Had two beautiful Jackrabbits devouring the Dandelions out front last night. We don't use pesticides and this seems like a value served gift from nature getting that service. They were just devouring those yellow suckers. They were literally smiling at the bounty. Seriously they ate 2/3 of what we had in one hour. Now I can let the grass grow longer before the Dandys go to seed.

I guess they can read my welcome Rabbits and Bee's sign..
    Last edited by Replacement; 21-05-2018 at 05:57 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"