Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Need a good lawyer for university matters

  1. #1


    Can anyone recommend reliable house construction companies in Edmonton?
    Last edited by waytonorth; 23-05-2018 at 08:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Edmonton, Alberta


    you probably have to be a bit more forthcoming...

    i would presume you want to sue the university for something. as a matter of course iím pretty sure there isnít a single lawyer in edmonton that specializes in that. there are a number of lawyers that act on behalf of the university but even then none full time i am aware of other than their own in house council. i assume youíre talking the u of a but the answer would be the same for most other institutions as well.

    if this is a tenant issue, then you have the same recourse against the university as any other landlord. the same would hold true if itís a contractual issue or an employment issue - you will have the same recourse as you would against any other contracting party or employer.

    you probably need advice in the area of your dispute rather than advice on suing a university. again, depending on the area of the dispute, you may have some recourse through an ombudsman or other mediator. regardless, you probably need to take a deep breath so you can discuss things based solely on the facts and ďsans emotionĒ.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  3. #3
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Strathcona - Mill Creek


    4 posts on here, all asking for lawyer recommendations. The last time he/she was asking for a criminal lawyer to defend an assault charge.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts