Thread: 104st - 100ave - Langham

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TRtower View Post
    64 stories ? ... Holy cow !!
    That'd make it taller them Stantec, wouldn't it?
    Stantec is 250ish meters. This is 170 meters tall.
    Yeah, Stantec is the equivalent height as an 80 story building (250 metres).
    You mean "residential" building. The proposed building is less than the height for residential guidelines per the attached so LOW ceilings.
    http://www.ctbuh.org/HighRiseInfo/Ta...B/Default.aspx
    Emerald is 154 meters and 45 floors. This one would only be 16 meters taller and 21 floors. 66 floors should equate to about 225 meters.
    Last edited by Glenco; 18-06-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I'd like to see more towers Manulife wide and Stantec tall please.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    I'd like to see more towers Manulife wide and Stantec tall please.
    I'd much rather see more density in the core instead of sporadic 200+M towers.
    Edmonton is a very exciting place to be right now.

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by bleppers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilers99 View Post
    That's pretty much what I'm saying, they have complied with all development and building requirements. The market has absorbed their product, therefore their product is just fine. If you think it's ugly, don't buy it.
    What I'm trying to say is that market absorption isn't an arbiter of whether its a good building/good design or not. Just because people manage to sell ugly condos doesn't mean that we as a city ought to require more.
    Do you work for the City or are you speaking on behalf of the rest of us?

Thought I've seen this design 100 times but I imagine Edmonton will screw it up and make it look bad... if only they try what Henriquez is going with the top floors:

henriquezpartners.com/press/westbanks-joyce-to-bring-a-striking-design-to-its-neighbourhood/
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

^ "Edmonton" isn't designing it, "Edmonton" isn't building it, how exactly will "Edmonton" screw it up? Or is that just a generalized sophomoric snipe at all the good people who live here?
    Last edited by buildings; Yesterday at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
    ...Edmonton will screw it up and make it look bad...
    Way to support your city. Ever hear of the power of negative thinking?

I'd rather C2E than work!

I’m sure it will turn out fine. Imagine the addition to the skyline from Sask Dr. Right out front and center.

I stand in error, I meant it as "Edmonton" in quotations, Edmonton as a mentality, aesthetic, outward image. All to it for tall buildings with glass, but the bar is pretty mid-range, IMO. Only really concerned about the podiums on most buildings. Continue that 104th Promenade!
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Proposed rezoning in Downtown

Attend a meeting about a proposed rezoning in Downtown and an amendment to the Capital City Downtown Plan.

Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2018
    Time: 6 - 8 p.m.
    Location: First Presbyterian Church, Wallace Room, 10025 105 Street

This application is intended to allow development of two high rise towers with commercial uses at grade with underground parking. It will rezone parcels of land on the north side of 100 Avenue NW and between 103 and 104 Street NW, from (CMU) Commercial Mixed Use Zone to (DC2) Site Specific Development Control Provision.

The meeting provides an opportunity to learn more about the proposal and provide your feedback to the City and applicant. Input gathered will be summarized in a report to City Council before they make a decision on the rezoning.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildings View Post
    I like it; distinctive yet understated
    Understated? It’s huge and dominating.
    I think he meant understated in design, not scale.
    Converting signatures 3rd building to rentals and selling it off as its been rumoured is not finishing your project.

If langham can finish icon in one of the worst recessions we have ever seen why cant westrich finish their current project?? If we want to compare langham to westrich then let's look at the track record before saying langhams in a do or die position.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211
    Especially when its compared to another builder who may be not finish one of their projects as planned...

It is unlikely that the sale would close until after the project is finished, passes inspections, and achieves occupancy. Boardwalk, the buyer, has little or no interesting in finishing someone else's project. Why would you assume that Westrich is somehow walking away from Signature 3? My company's cheques are coming from the same place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123