Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374
Results 7,301 to 7,336 of 7336

Thread: Trump - misc

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

right... and our liberal prime minister:

ďJustin Trudeau has defended his governmentís decision to sign off on the sale of more than 900 armoured vehicles Ė including dozens described as ďheavy assaultĒ and equipped with cannons Ė to
    Saudi Arabia, arguing that the deal is in line with Canadaís foreign and defence policies.Ē

would you say he speaks for ďall liberalsĒ when he says what he says or that ďall liberalsĒ believe what he says or what he believes or even that he believes what he says?

or would you rather say it totally never happened and leave it at that?
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

No, he does, however, speak for the Liberal party. Capital L. Which is why I corrected the capital C to a lower case one.

And he is 100%, utterly, totally on the wrong side of this and has been since he decided not to cancel the contract.

Meanwhile...

Trump Praises Saudi Crown Prince for Being ‘Strong,’ Keeping ‘Things Under Check’Meanwhile.

Donald Trump is trying to walk an impossible line between stalling for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman while the Saudi regime comes up with a way out of the mess created by the kidnapping, torture, murder, and dismemberment of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, and acknowledging what even Republican lawmakers are saying: There’s no way the killing would have been carried out without bin Salman’s knowledge.

All of this is happening just two weeks before crucial midterm elections in the United States.

On Saturday, in a telephone interview with The Washington Post, Trump admitted that the Saudi government has been lying about Khashoggi’s killing all along, changing its story several times as news outlets and the Turkish government continue to release damning details about the Oct. 2 attack at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

“Obviously there’s been deception and there’s been lies,” Trump told the newspaper. “Their stories are all over the place.”

But just a day earlier, Trump had said he found the Saudi claim that Khashoggi died during a fistfight to be credible. This statement followed a visit on Tuesday by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to Saudi Arabia, where he met with bin Salman, smiled broadly while posing for photos, and declared, “The Saudi leadership strongly denied any knowledge of what took place in their consulate in Istanbul.”

https://splinternews.com/trump-prais...-ke-1829896807

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

your mistake isnít in your capitalization. itís in your underlying assumption which is the same regardless of your capitalization. if anything, iím not sure your removal of the capitalization isnít compounding the error, not reducing it. itís equally inaccurate.

as for our boy wonder prime minister, he may speak for the liberal party as leader of the liberal party just as he may speak for canada as the prime minister of canada but that doesnít mean he speaks for all liberals in the first instance or all canadians in the second.

OK Ken. Conservatives of all stripes, even the alt-right, Trump loving types are totally opposed to having anything to do with Saudi Arabia. Any news otherwise is just "fake news". The only person that supports selling arms to Saudi Arabia is Justin Trudeau, or, as you call him "the boy wonder". Even Trump has called off all trade with them

Fake News. Sad!

</Snark>

Personally, I'd say that selling arms to the Saudis should be in the same category as selling them to North Korea. They have proven that they are not to be trusted in any circumstances. They pay lip service to any human rights. They make a small gesture such as allowing women to drive but then arrest and, most likely torture, the women who protested in order to get that right.

And yet, because they say that they oppose Iran, the various countries of the west (US, Canada, UK, Israel, etc.) give them a pass.

Do I honestly expect that anything concrete will come of confronting them about this? Not really. Because we've shown in the present and the past that we're willing to overlook pretty much any violation of human rights or war crimes because there's money to be made. They maybe be vicious, homicidal maniacs but they're OUR vicious, homicidal maniacs.

And that doesn't just apply to the Saudis. The world is covered in blood of people who were slaughtered by out "allies" while we look the other way.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^
    youíre still doing it... i said none of those things and attributing them to me even by innuendo is the type of posting that makes you look both stubborn and foolish.

I guess you missed the </Snark> tag.

But we can talk all we like and nothing is going to change. The only party that's calling for the contract to be cancelled is the NDP and they're nowhere near the point of forming a government.

So, Canada will continue to pay lip service to human right and continue to support dictators. The only reasons we're not selling arms to North Korea is that they don't have oil and they can't afford much in the way of weapons. Otherwise, we'd be in there like a house on fire, tut tutting every tim Kim executed someone with anti-aircraft guns or feeding them to a pack of wild animals.

After all, there's money and jobs on the line and that's what really important.

I'd rather C2E than work!

We should stop buying oil from the saudis and elsewhere and concentrate on becoming self sufficient. Upgraders and pipelines. We should continue to manufacture the lavs and other top notch equipment, not to sell but for our own military which is lacking. Canadian jobs without the BS.

We should also stop selling oil to the US, the single biggest arms dealer on the planet. Also, stop selling them Uranium. We're their single biggest supplier.

Were you kicked out of the US?

Nope. Lived there for 10 years. Got sick of the politics and we moved back.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Were you kicked out of the US?

LOL! I was thinking the very same thing, someone has a grudge

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Nope. Lived there for 10 years. Got sick of the politics and we moved back.
    Got sick of the politics!!! Love it! The irony of the most fanatical anti-Trump poster to the US politics threads saying he’s sick of American politics.

Or.. is it??? Maybe.... you actually do have a sense of humour???? Ahh. Nah. I don’t think so.

Trump’s the best thing to come along in decades to make watching US politics fun, and you’re here with a vendetta to do something, but I’m not sure what. It’s definitely not to enjoy the pursuit of truth and knowledge or for the academic joy of debating. You’re more like a member of the opposition doing your best to undermine the competition.

BTW. I’ve never moved from Edmonton.
    Last edited by KC; Today at 01:08 AM.

Yes, seeing what the political situation was in the States is like, I'd like to do my best to ensure that it doesn't go any further. If someone left Germany during the rise of the Nazis, does that mean that they'd simply sit back and watch it happen dispassionately?

Of course, there are some here who would love a Trump like figure to come to power in Canada.

BTW - Perhaps you should have at some point. Living in different places gives you a different perspective that simply visiting a place doesn't give you. I've lived all over Alberta but primarily in Edmonton. I'm glad to have had the experience.

Saudi Arabia - We're really, really sorry that we tortured, killed and dismembered your father, totally by accident. BTW - you're not allowed to leave the country or talk to anyone outside our borders. This shows how sincere we are in our apology.

Saudi king and crown prince offer condolences to Jamal Khashoggi’s son

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman called the son of Jamal Khashoggi, the kingdom announced early Monday, to express condolences for the death of the journalist killed at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul by officials that allegedly included a member of the royal’s entourage.

King Salman similarly made a condolence call as international pressure on the kingdom continues to rise, even after it acknowledged on Saturday that the Washington Post journalist was killed Oct. 2 at the consulate under still-disputed circumstances.

---

A Saudi friend of Khashoggi who was in frequent touch with him before his death told The Associated Press that Khashoggi’s son, Salah, has been under a travel ban and barred from leaving the kingdom since last year as a result of his father’s criticism of the government. The friend spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of repercussion. The Saudi statements did not acknowledge the ban.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...hashoggis-son/

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Yes, seeing what the political situation was in the States is like, I'd like to do my best to ensure that it doesn't go any further. If someone left Germany during the rise of the Nazis, does that mean that they'd simply sit back and watch it happen dispassionately?

Of course, there are some here who would love a Trump like figure to come to power in Canada.

BTW - Perhaps you should have at some point. Living in different places gives you a different perspective that simply visiting a place doesn't give you. I've lived all over Alberta but primarily in Edmonton. I'm glad to have had the experience.
    Totally agree on all three points. Very well stated.

Not challenging the situation in the US and questioning the politics, allows that mindset to spread. Shall we not be able to speak about Saudi atrocities, the Israeli/Palestinian conflicts, and a host of other world issues. Trump stated that he would have an America first policy and instead has empowered dictators and despots to advance their policies and Trump himself did not attempt to drain the Washington swamp but appointed criminals and unqualified people with extremist views that have created even greater long term problems.

Populist politicians feed off fear and apathy. They have no interest in building the country or protecting the morals and ethics of a honest and just society but rather the advancement of their own power, privilege and greed.

As far as living elsewhere; traveling and living in other places, expands your worldview.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

In other times, would we have accepted the accused when they said they didn't do it?

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; Today at 09:05 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

kk you left the US because of the politics and yet you are the most involved person in US politics in all of Canada. wtf. I think living in Vegas, a republican stronghold, and you being the communist that you are, you were likely afraid of a lynch mob stringing you up in the street, LOL

kk you left the US because of the politics and yet you are the most involved person in US politics in all of Canada. wtf. I think living in Vegas, a republican stronghold, and you being the communist that you are, you were likely afraid of a lynch mob stringing you up in the street, LOL
    Sounds like you don't even know what a communist is. You've been reading too much far-right propaganda if you believe KK or people on lean left politically are 'communists'

kk you and EPRT in a relationship? If not maybe you should be. Two peas in a pod you boys. lol

kk you and EPRT in a relationship? If not maybe you should be. Two peas in a pod you boys. lol

And you are our love child sweety. I love you Drumbones.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Sounds like you don't even know what a communist is. You've been reading too much far-right propaganda if you believe KK or people on lean left politically are 'communists'
    Donít you worry Matt I know all too well. My wife is Vietnamese. As an example Sonny Boy was born in Vietnam so we had done all the paperwork with the Canadian consulate in HCMCity and paperwork with the Vietnamese govt to insure his Canadian citizenship. A ton of it over a three month period and lots of fees. Upon his birth we named him Jesse Quinn. After several days we registered his birth with the province of Vinh Long. The person in charge said sorry, you can not use this name, it is not Vietnamese. We immediately called the Canadian consulate and they said do not say anything, do not argue, you can change it later. They will nix this whole thing and he will not be allowed to leave the country, as well as his mother and perhaps you yourself may have problems. You can not defy them. So the government assigned him the name Quan. We only use Jesse, thatís his name, but all his paperwork is Quan. Pretty irritating. I have more stories and experiences if you want to go for coffee sometime I could share with you. Been over there a lot and also communicate daily with the family. Each time I go I need to apply ahead then pay $325 for a visa and immediately give up my passport to the police upon arrival to my in-laws. I can retrieve it upon leaving. I must show my ticket and itinerary. My father in law has spent two years in prison for attempting to come here and lost his teaching certificate for life. I have more.
    So letís just say I likely know more about communism than you or kk.

With that known, you should be the LAST person calling other posters a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

And you are our love child sweety. I love you Drumbones.
    Please send money daddy.

With that known, you should be the LAST person calling other posters a communist.
    On the road to, on the road to. There is only so far to the left you can go before you cross that line. Next thing you know the government has full and total control of you and your every action.

Not until you clean out the kitty litter box and put on your PJ's.

Then you can have cookies and warm milk and watch cartoons until your bedtime.

I make sure to stay middle of the road. I voted for JT. Because of personal experiences with myself and family I fear the far left and of course the far far right is also to be feared. Best to ride the fence.

Right, Donald Trump instead is taking everything away, leaving his rich buddies in charge. Cuts to Medicare. Cuts to Social Security. Locking children in cages. Demonizing people based on race.

Yeah, Much better.

Not until you clean out the kitty litter box and put on your PJ's.

Then you can have cookies and warm milk and watch cartoons until your bedtime.
    Lol . Crazy 😜

Another one of Trump's "fine people"

Trump-loving media figure accused of making sexual comments to teen girls encourages Trump to shoot migrants

Michael Moates, a Trump-loving conservative media figure who has been accused by multiple underage girls of making inappropriate sexual comments, encouraged President Donald Trump on Monday to shoot any migrants approaching the United States border.

Responding to a President Trump tweet about the caravan of Central American migrants constituting a “National Emergy” (sic), Moates wrote a three-word reply that simply said, “Shoot on site.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/tru...hoot-migrants/

On the road to, on the road to. There is only so far to the left you can go before you cross that line. Next thing you know the government has full and total control of you and your every action.
    And the democrats and liberals are far far from being even close to the line

Yeah, the far right NEVER tried to take full and total control of you and your every action.

NEVER!

Over there you do not see people in wheelchairs or mentally handicapped people. When someone in the neighbourhood steals or worse the local party guy, which there is one always nearby, has the police escort that person away, never to be seen again. What happens to these people. In HCMC on every block you will see two policeman in one direction and three army soldiers in the other. Vietnam, one of the five remaining Communist nations in the world, takes its security very seriously. So seriously in fact that an estimated one in six people in the Southeast Asian country are employed either full- or part-time in the massive state security network.
    Vietnamís Communist-controlled state security apparatus comprise not only the police forces and regular army, but also paramilitaries, rural militia forces and "neighborhood guardians." All of these elements answer to either the Ministry of National Defense or the Ministry of Public Security. I know Jamal being killed at the Saudi consulate is a big deal but in VN it wouldnít be. He would just be led away and gone and no one would know anything. And no one would try to know anything.

Yeah, the far right NEVER tried to take full and total control of you and your every action.

NEVER!

I think I mentioned far far right is as dangerous as far left, didnít I? Riding the fence and all that.

Gotta get to work for a while

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374