Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sears getting closer to the end

C2E Long Term Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post
    That leaves some big vacancies at some of the local malls. I wonder what they have planned for those spaces. Sears has a lot of real estate sq. feet in the big three malls being WEM, Kingsway and Southgate. Any thoughts?
    I can see Nordstrom grabbing the Southgate location.
    The other two are harder sells, just based on the slow turnaround of their Target spaces.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Bay Southgate is always busy. Same with any of their flagship stores. Their flagship stores have the best stock. The other non-flagship stores aren't doing so well.

I agree. My wife drags me into HB at Southgate and WestEd and they always seem busy to me, especially SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    That leaves some big vacancies at some of the local malls. I wonder what they have planned for those spaces. Sears has a lot of real estate sq. feet in the big three malls being WEM, Kingsway and Southgate. Any thoughts?
    The other two are harder sells, just based on the slow turnaround of their Target spaces.
    Anyone know how Nordstrom is doing at Chinook? Maybe the economy is too slow in AB right now for them to take a another big chance here. ?

Bay flagships have also recently added UK retail fashion biggie Top Shop and Top Man departments. Keeping the game fresh, I guess.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Anyone know how Nordstrom is doing at Chinook? Maybe the economy is too slow in AB right now for them to take a another big chance here. ?
    Just like the 70s and early 80s, high-end arrives here to maximize profits and just like the late 89s and early 1990s, they depart when they feel that they’ve strip mined all they can. They refuse to cut prices and margins because that’s integral to their brand image. (That’s why I’ve heard that Porsche never discounts.)

Good luck finding luxury brands like Louis Vuitton, Hermès or even Tesla on sale - MarketWatch

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/goo...ale-2016-12-28
    Last edited by KC; 15-10-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Target space at Kingsway should reopen any day now with HomeSense, Marshall’s and a handful of smaller scale stores.

I'll have to check that out. Maybe they can do a similar thing with Sears spaces around town.

Target space at Kingsway should reopen any day now with HomeSense, Marshall’s and a handful of smaller scale stores.
    True, but we didn't see another department store (Nordstrom, Saks, Simons) take it.
    Same deal with WEM's Target space.
    So that begs the question, is it something specifically with the Target spaces themselves or are they just avoiding Kingsway and WEM Phase I?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

On the other hand, breaking up the vacating Sears spaces may be the best option at most malls

Landlords Strategize to Fill Vacated Anchor Retail Spaces
    http://ow.ly/IWNc30fTsPA

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Don't know about Chinook....but the Trophy's favorite Nordstroms is at Fashion Square Mall in Scottsdale - there 2 weeks ago. It seemed that there were 3 employees for every shopper.

I checked out the Chinook Mall Nordstrom for the first time earlier this summer. For an early Friday afternoon, it had a good flow of people but not busy while their Bazille restaurant was packed with a late lunch crowd. A better time to judge is the weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12