Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Trump Effect - Household Income Hits 15-Year High

C2E Continued Contributor

US soybean sales to China down 94 percent amid Trump tariffs: report

“I’m trying to follow and figure out who the winners are in this tariff war,” said Greg Gebeke, who farms 5,000 acres outside of Arthur, N.D. “I know who one of the losers are and that’s us. And that’s painful.”
    Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue said late last month that the Department of Agriculture will not extend into 2019 an up-to-$12 billion aid package that was announced to help farmers impacted by Trump's policies."Farmers are very resilient and adept in making their planning and marketing decisions based on the current market,” Perdue told reporters."These facts are known now ... So farmers, even under financial duress, will make their best business decision for 2019 without the expectation of a market facilitation program."
    An administration of the people. Create policy that destroys their livelihood, and then tell them they can figure out how to pull through it.

C2E Continued Contributor

Trump’s “Incredible” Foxconn Deal Turns Out to Be a Another Massive Con Job

The deal will cost taxpayers more than $4.5 billion in subsidies, but because manufacturing companies in Wisconsin are already exempt from paying taxes, “Foxconn, which generated a hundred and fifty-eight billion dollars in revenue last year, will receive much of this subsidy in direct cash payments from taxpayers”—the largest subsidy given to a foreign corporation in U.S. history
    It's estimated that this will create 3000 jobs, or $1.5 million per job. Real good use of money, for corporate welfare that is. Even if it created the original 13,000 stated, that's $350,000 per job.

The town’s Village Board of Trustees has been using eminent domain to expel obstinate homeowners, forcing them to “sell at a price determined by the village.” They’ve been able to do so by decreeing the 2,800-acre area around the plant “blighted,” a designation typically reserved for property that is “detrimental to the public health, safety, or welfare,” but which the board has extended to include property that “impairs or arrests the sound growth of the community

Democrats takeover the US House and...

The S&P500 is up today.

The Dow Jones is up today.

The Nasdaq Composite is up today.
    Last edited by KC; 07-11-2018 at 10:20 AM.

"Fake news. Sad!" - Trump

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Democrats takeover the US House and...

The S&P500 is up today.

The Dow Jones is up today.

The Nasdaq Composite is up today.

Yup. Just as I said earlier, markets were stagnant because of the election. Now that the midterm election is over things are back to normal.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456