Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 1,601 to 1,617 of 1617

Thread: Trump on immigration, big beautiful walls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Believe it or not, sometimes politics is not doing what's best for your party, it's doing what's best for the country.
    Haha. Funny one. Gullible and naive much?
    You mean like the Republicans that told Nixon it was time to resign because there weren't enough votes in the Senate to prevent impeachment? Unlike the ones now.

The more I see the left trying to conjure up Russian scare conspiracies and use every deceitful tactic they can think of in an attempt to remove Trump from power, the more I am starting to wonder if Nixon really was innocent and was possibly entrapped by his political opponents.

It never would have even crossed my mind before, but seeing how the left has become completely, frighteningly unhinged over the last few years tells me that when this is how the far-left is willing to take things, it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Right

Keep the delusions front and center.

Nixon was framed and all the tapes were just done by voice actors and people went to prison due to Watergate just for fun.

Do you come with a laugh track because you should come out of the closet and do standup in front of a large audience. Come to Montreal, I know I can get you a solid booking with the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 25-04-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

With the extent that the media lies and pushes hoaxes like the debunked Trump-Russia conspiracy theory for ratings, you can't rule anything out anymore.

No, you lie and push hoaxes and conspiracy theories.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

So a Christian on his way to Bible class decided to run over a group of people he thought were Muslims.

California man who deliberately drove into crowd injuring 8 thought they were Muslims: police chief

"Authorities in Silicon Valley have launched a hate crime investigation into the driver of a car which rammed into a group of pedestrians, NBC Bay Area reported Friday.

“The Sunnyvale police chief says new evidence indicates Isaiah Peoples deliberately drove into a crowd of pedestrians based on race and ethnicity, and believed that some in the group were Muslims,” NBC Bay Area noted. The District Attorney is not officially calling it a ‘hate crime.'”

Peoples was charged with eight counts of attempted murder.

“Peoples, an army veteran with a history of post-traumatic stress disorder was on his way to a Bible class when he told investigators he intentionally drove into a group of men, women and children, injuring eight people,” NBC Bay Area reported, citing police."

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/cal...-police-chief/

And a white male with an assault rifle shoots Jewish worshippers on the last day of Passover

1 woman killed, 3 people injured in shooting at California synagogue

A gunman opened fire in a San Diego-area synagogue with an assault-style weapon on Saturday, killing one woman inside and wounding three other worshippers in a hate crime carried out on the last day of Passover, authorities said.

The suspect, a 19-year-old white male whose identity was not immediately made public, fled the scene by car and was arrested a short time later when he pulled over and surrendered to police, authorities said at a news conference.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/poway-...ting-1.5114160
    Corrected to Passover
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 27-04-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Thank goodness a good guy with a gun was there to shoot back at the attacker before it got worse. These mass shooters are always such cowards.

In related news, the New York Times is issuing an apology for their anti-Semitic cartoon they published (while trying to criticize Trump) just a day ago:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nyt-op...critics-rebuke

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    And a white male with an assault rifle shoots Jewish worshippers on the last day of Passover

1 woman killed, 3 people injured in shooting at California synagogue

A gunman opened fire in a San Diego-area synagogue with an assault-style weapon on Saturday, killing one woman inside and wounding three other worshippers in a hate crime carried out on the last day of Passover, authorities said.

The suspect, a 19-year-old white male whose identity was not immediately made public, fled the scene by car and was arrested a short time later when he pulled over and surrendered to police, authorities said at a news conference.

Corrected to Passover
    How do they know it’s a hate crime?
    Also isn’t the correct wording now Passover worshippers? Not sure if it’s correct to mention the word “Jewish”.

Ok I see that the mayor, who is an authority, called it a hate crime. Not sure if that makes it so. The wording in the article pretty much ensures that it’s a done deal in terms of perceptions.
    Last edited by KC; 27-04-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Thank goodness a good guy with a gun was there to shoot back at the attacker before it got worse. These mass shooters are always such cowards.

In related news, the New York Times is issuing an apology for their anti-Semitic cartoon they published (while trying to criticize Trump) just a day ago:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nyt-op...critics-rebuke
    Better yet, ban assault weapons in the first place. Think about that.

On the apology from the responsible and ethical press, at least they admit the mistake and then make s formal apology.

When will that guy in the White House who makes many factual errors and blatant lies each day, admit his errors and make a formal apology?

Oh! I forgot, he has never made a single error or lied in his life...

This might have something to do with it being investigated as a hate crime.

Shooting at San Diego Area Synagogue Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Injured [UPDATING]

Update, Saturday, 7:01 p.m. ET: NBC News has identified the suspect as 19-year-old John T. Earnest of San Diego. Earnest, who allegedly entered the Chabad synagogue of Poway on Saturday morning and began firing, published a “manifesto” online shortly after 10 a.m. local time, NBC 7 San Diego reported.

Earnest’s missive points to the fact that Saturday’s shooting on the last day of Passover was inspired by the Christchurch mosque shootings in New Zealand in March, which left 50 people dead, and the mass shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh exactly six months ago, which killed 11 people.

NBC 7 characterized the manifesto as being “[f]illed with racist rants and quotes from the Bible.”

Earnest, a white nursing student, also claimed credit for an arson attack at a mosque in Escondido, CA, last month. “During that incident, Earnest spray-painted messages referencing the New Zealand mosque shooting,” NBC 7 reported.

https://splinternews.com/shooting-at...inj-1834355422
    And this

Suspect in deadly synagogue shooting near San Diego wrote anti-Semitic manifesto

Earnest appears to have written a letter posted on the Internet filled with anti-Semitic screeds. In the letter, he also talked about the planning the attack.

“How long did it take you to plan the attack? Four weeks. Four weeks ago, I decided I was doing this. Four weeks later, I did it.”

Earnest, who is white, wrote that he was willing to sacrifice his future “for the sake of my people.”

In the manifesto, he also took credit for an arson fire that blackened the walls of the Islamic Center in Escondido on March 24. There were seven people inside the building at the time the fire erupted about 3:15 a.m. but no one was injured.

The arsonist left a note referring to a shooting rampage at two New Zealand mosques on March 15 that left 50 people dead.

“I scorched a mosque in Escondido with gasoline a week after” the New Zealand shootings, Earnest wrote. But the people inside “woke up and put out the fire pretty much immediately after I drove away which was unfortunate.”

The suspect also championed Robert Bowers — who killed 11 people and wounded six others in the Tree of Life synagogue shootings in Pittsburgh six months ago — and Adolf Hitler.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...427-story.html
    So yeah, it just might be worthwhile to investigate it as a hate crime.

Sure looks like the evidence points to it. However in the article I responded to it was the mayor speaking his mind. The writing style of the author didn’t make it clear that it wasn’t the police saying that.

It’s just that when these things go all wrong and innocent people are named and targeted it’s often media sloppiness at fault. So I’d rather wait for evidence like that in the above articles or better yet for the police to accurately describe the crime as well, though I guess a mayor might have access to investigators/investigation notes or may show up at the scene or otherwise hear such evidence from witnesses first-hand (is in what was reportedly what the guy was saying as he started shooting).

First the reporter writes “in a hate crime” and says it’s multiple authorities.
    Then way down in the article the reporter later reports on the mayor thoughts saying “characterized... as a hate crime”

So at the top the use of “authorities” doesn’t jive with the facts presented by the reporter.

Thomson Reuters Posted: Apr 27, 2019

Photo caption:
    People react outside of the Chabad of Poway Synagogue in Poway, Calif., on Saturday following a shooting that authorities are calling a hate crime. (Denis Poroy/Associated Press)
    “...killing one woman inside and wounding three other worshippers in a hate crime carried out on the last day of Passover, authorities said.”

“Poway Mayor Steve Vaus, speaking from a police command center, characterized Saturday's shooting as a "hate crime," saying his assessment was based on statements uttered by the gunman when he entered the synagogue.

Bolding mine
    Last edited by KC; 28-04-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Looks like Trump is acting like Democrats according to H.L. and MrOilers. Trump REFUSED to call it a Synagogue, the victims as Jewish or say the word anti-Semitic.

He quickly changed subjects to boasting about his rally in Wisconsin and his golf game.

Most importantly he absolutely REFUSES to even mention what to do about mass shootings. He loudly stated before that all these shootings would stop as soon as he got elected. Now he waffles and mopes like there is nothing he can do. At least nothing that the NRA will allow him to do. He would not say the obvious, ASSAULT WEAPON BAN. Amazing that the Prime Minister in New Zealand could pass legislation in a couple of weeks and Trump is a powerless puppet of the NRA.

John Kelly joins board of company that operates shelters for migrant children
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/03/pol...nal/index.html
    Former White House chief of staff and retired Marine Gen. John Kelly has joined the board of directors for Caliburn International, the parent company of Comprehensive Health Services, which operates shelters for unaccompanied migrant children.
    One of the shelters the organization operates is the Homestead Immigration Detention Center, which holds unaccompanied migrant children.
    Amazing how quickly you can turn your White House experience into a cushy, high paying job.

Toss up some chain link cages, add a few bunk beds and crappy food and you too can make big money taking children from parents trying to keep their children safe!

Private prisons and private internment camps. Capitalism at its finest. The Land of Freedom has the highest incarceration rates in the world.

Incarceration Rate per 100,000 population
    Ranking
    #1 United States 655 (2,121,600 inmates not including juvenile detention)
    #2 El Salvador 604
    #3 Turkmenistan 552

#29 Russia 316

#138 Canada 114 (only 17% of the rate of the US)
    #213 India 33

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rceration_rate
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 04-05-2019 at 06:22 AM.

Trump's Guest Book Of The Grotesque

Trump's love of strongmen, despots and autocrats.

First 3 minutes...

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617