Thread: Favourite News Media Headlines

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Default Favourite News Media Headlines

"After killing two wolves last year, Banff officials launch new campaign targeting human visitors."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...lves-1.4123317

not sure about anyone else but this is probably going to make it more likely i'll visit jasper instead.
    Last edited by kcantor; 19-05-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Not sure if you are missing the point of this ad or misinterpreting it. Human food (and the containers) it comes in does kill wildlife. Extend that to human chemicals as well. Things such as bath beads, detergents and a whole host of other 'stuff' that us humans need (want). The ads would not put me off going to Banff. Humans should stop feeding and also stop leaving their plastic bags, take out containers, disposable coffee cups etc. for wildlife to eat. I get the ad.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

6Maybe you misunderstood the point of this thread? The park's plan isn't funny, but the headline implies that park rangers may start shooting problem people. That's extremely funny (as long as it's not true.)
    There can only be one.

That's how you read it. Granted to some it may imply that wolf's eat humans, but let's face it, that's not logical. Another thing, with the wolf having a plastic bottle in it's mouth it is basically spelling it out what the ad means. Unless the wolf went into the Banff 711 and bought that item itself.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Ignore the poster, the image, and everything else for a moment.

The title of the thread is:

Favourite News Media Headlines.

And the headline is:

"After killing two wolves last year, Banff officials launch new campaign targeting human visitors."

There's nothing there at all to imply that wolves eat people. It implies that Banff officials may kill human visitors as they killed two wolves.
    There can only be one.

Evidently Gemini has never seen The Tonight Show.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=jay+l...w=1680&bih=925
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

^Yes I read the headline. I realize some people are going to read it as officials are going to go after humans. Others are going to take it that the officials are trying to educate the public on not leaving garbage around for wildlife to eat. The image cant be ignored as it's part of the ad, the image helps get the message across, don't letter in the park.

Here are some funny headlines.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=funny...w=1280&bih=523

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Thanks kcantor!
    Non semper erit aestas

I'd rather C2E than work!

I liked it. I'm guessing others with a sense of humour 'got it', too.

One of my faves appeared in a Saskatchewan local rag many years ago when the captions got juxtaposed. Under a photo of a chimney stack being demolished the caption read, "Grand old lady laid to rest."

Adjoining this was a picture of the funeral of the Mayor's wife and the caption reading, "Old eyesore gone at last."
    Nisi Dominus Frustra