Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 111 of 111

Thread: Wildrose and PC merger talk

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    By the way, what cuts are coming? I have asked the question many times and never got a clear answer about what the PC's or Wildrose plan to cut to save billions. I think Albertan's have a right to know what their plans really are, or do they want to save the bad news as a surprise until after the next election. Why don't they tell us now which hospitals and schools they plan to close?
    I expect the usual stuff - a few old hospitals shut down, kids having to tolerate a couple of extra children in each classroom, a lot of middle management eliminated in ivory towers, doctors not getting six figure bonuses, etc.
    Which hospital would they like to blow up this time?

  2. #102

    Default

    Conservatives always run off the putative humanity of the rulers.

    But the modern Conservative -- whether moderate, progressive, radical, populist or whatever -- is a putrid mess of lies, corruption, inefficiency, bombast, stupidity, sickness and inhumanity.

    The only way to deal with a Conservative is not to acknowledge its existence.

  3. #103
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Gosh, the alt left seem almost afraid of the right. I love it!

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Gosh, the alt left seem almost afraid of the right. I love it!
    Neither are right winggers . They Harper stooges aka king of deficits . Always pigging at the troughs

  5. #105
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by champking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Gosh, the alt left seem almost afraid of the right. I love it!
    Neither are right winggers . They Harper stooges aka king of deficits . Always pigging at the troughs
    Great comeback...great! Haven't ever heard that one.lol


    Another downgrade for Alberta..sigh

    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/e...-s-p-1.4133797

    Ballooning debt. Smh at the alt left
    Last edited by H.L.; 27-05-2017 at 12:23 AM.

  6. #106
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    Okay, you could not make this stuff up.

    “We have a hard time getting the government to listen to us, to listen to our needs,” complained Rimbey Mayor Rick Pankiw who plans on voting twice for unification.

    Pankiw and other rural politicians feel the NDP government provincially and the Liberal government federally aren’t spending enough on rural infrastructure projects.
    So, to get increased spending for rural infrastructure, he's gonna support a party that OPPOSES increased spending?

    link

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    Okay, you could not make this stuff up.

    “We have a hard time getting the government to listen to us, to listen to our needs,” complained Rimbey Mayor Rick Pankiw who plans on voting twice for unification.

    Pankiw and other rural politicians feel the NDP government provincially and the Liberal government federally aren’t spending enough on rural infrastructure projects.
    So, to get increased spending for rural infrastructure, he's gonna support a party that OPPOSES increased spending?

    link
    Well, with the PC's governing so long a lot of the local politicians were also PC supporters or had close ties to them, which seemed to work good for quite a while until the old regime fell. I suspect some local politicians are still having trouble trying to adjust to that - being golf buddies with the local PC executive just doesn't work so well any more.

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    Okay, you could not make this stuff up.

    “We have a hard time getting the government to listen to us, to listen to our needs,” complained Rimbey Mayor Rick Pankiw who plans on voting twice for unification.

    Pankiw and other rural politicians feel the NDP government provincially and the Liberal government federally aren’t spending enough on rural infrastructure projects.
    So, to get increased spending for rural infrastructure, he's gonna support a party that OPPOSES increased spending?
    He's not asking for them to spend more money, he just wants a party in charge that will direct more funds to rural infrastructure (instead of urban).

  9. #109
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    Okay, you could not make this stuff up.

    “We have a hard time getting the government to listen to us, to listen to our needs,” complained Rimbey Mayor Rick Pankiw who plans on voting twice for unification.

    Pankiw and other rural politicians feel the NDP government provincially and the Liberal government federally aren’t spending enough on rural infrastructure projects.
    So, to get increased spending for rural infrastructure, he's gonna support a party that OPPOSES increased spending?
    He's not asking for them to spend more money, he just wants a party in charge that will direct more funds to rural infrastructure (instead of urban).
    Maybe. But if that's done in conjunction with overall spending cuts, then what the guy is demanding is austerity, but with only urban areas having to endure the cuts. Kinda hypocritical.

  10. #110
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    City of Champions
    Posts
    7,103

    Default

    The PC party did tend to pay more attention to rural areas than urban, one of the reasons they lost.

  11. #111
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    Okay, you could not make this stuff up.

    “We have a hard time getting the government to listen to us, to listen to our needs,” complained Rimbey Mayor Rick Pankiw who plans on voting twice for unification.

    Pankiw and other rural politicians feel the NDP government provincially and the Liberal government federally aren’t spending enough on rural infrastructure projects.
    So, to get increased spending for rural infrastructure, he's gonna support a party that OPPOSES increased spending?
    He's not asking for them to spend more money, he just wants a party in charge that will direct more funds to rural infrastructure (instead of urban).
    Maybe. But if that's done in conjunction with overall spending cuts, then what the guy is demanding is austerity, but with only urban areas having to endure the cuts. Kinda hypocritical.
    Especially considering the majority of Albertans live in cities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •