Thread: Tipton Investment Building - 10428 82 Avenue

Last edited by GenWhy?; 20-03-2017 at 03:09 PM.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

This is the one-storey false front just west of the three-storey brick building that used to be Podersky's furniture?

Oh, good grief. There's a candidate for densification.
    Last edited by AShetsen; 20-03-2017 at 03:12 PM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

This is one of the few remaining 'boom town' buildings left on Whyte. The Province has designated this building so it's not going anywhere. Our plan for the site involves lifting the building off of its existing foundation, building a new basement and then adding a two-storey addition near the rear of the site. Although we're still in the feasibility stage we're very excited about the plan - think small retail spaces, second floor restaurant(s) and rooftop patios.

That tree in the back parking lot growing literally right next to the building is something special....love the alley feature and yes rooftop patio please!

Our current plan incorporates that tree. We are hoping that it can survive our planned redevelopment.

Here's to hoping in a continuation of alley pedestrianization and activation.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

^ The 3D rendering on their website certainly suggests there is going to be some funky things going down in that alley

I assume the building, once lifted, will be moved a few feet west top the property line? Making that corridor roughly 2 metres wide? Reminds me of Blood Alley a bit, or Old Montreal and Victoria.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    This is one of the few remaining 'boom town' buildings left on Whyte. The Province has designated this building so it's not going anywhere. Our plan for the site involves lifting the building off of its existing foundation, building a new basement and then adding a two-storey addition near the rear of the site. Although we're still in the feasibility stage we're very excited about the plan - think small retail spaces, second floor restaurant(s) and rooftop patios.
    Sounds awesome, Chris!
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?