Thread: Dual citizens who hold Canadian citizenship need a Canadian passport to fly into country

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Dual citizens who hold Canadian citizenship need a Canadian passport to fly into country

FYI. I saw this today and when I passed it on discovered a number of my friends who are dual citizens but do not have a Canadian passport and were surprised to find this out

Dual citizens heading home for holidays need Canadian passports

Since November, dual citizens who hold Canadian citizenship have been required to show Canadian passports if they want to fly back into the country.
    It's a side effect of the electronic authorization program used to screen people coming into the country. It can not be used by Canadians who are dual citizens so they need to have a Canadian passport to fly into the country.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Doesn't anyone, Canadian or not, flying into the country require a passport?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Doesn't anyone, Canadian or not, flying into the country require a passport?
    Yes but in this case it means that if you're a Canadian who also has another citizenship then you need to have a Canadian passport to get in. The passport for your other country will not work as it has in the past. I know people who only have a U.K. passport but are also Canadian citizens. This affects people like them.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"