Thread: Pharmacare proposal for Canada

Default Pharmacare proposal for Canada

Anyone with thoughts on this?

Canada needs 'defined model' of universal pharmacare, citizen panel urges
    'Necessary Medicines' report will be presented today to Commons health committee
    CBC News Posted: Dec 06, 2016

Under a national plan, Flood said Canadians could have access to pharmaceuticals without breaking the bank, just as medicare does for hospital and physician services.

"Other countries show us that you can have your cake and eat it too," she said. "You can have full public medicare, covering everybody, and you are going to spend less, not more

understanding the health consequences and the fiscal consequences for individuals who aren't so fortunate as to enjoy that kind of employer-provided coverage, and those people, of course, who deal with very serious health issues."

Flood agrees that the current system "leaves a gap."

A national pharmacare program was originally recommended in 1964 as part of the Royal Commission on Health Services, also known as the Hall Commission, as well as in later reports, such as the 2002 Romanow Commission.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/pharma...anel-1.3882481
    Last edited by KC; 05-12-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Medical help (doctor, hospital, medicines) should be a human right and yet so many in people in the political and medical administrative bureaucracy seem to treat it as a privelage.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

I'd rather C2E than work!

^ Simply because of the two real universalities of money and power - the rest be damned. We're a sick species sometimes.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

If you think only people with money and power abuse the system, you are gravely mistaken.

People of all classes are inherently greedy animals.

Uh...

I'm in favour of pharmacare generally, but I'd want to see the fine print.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

^^ Not at all. Every one of us could admit to being greedy now and again.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Watching a friend of mine die of cancer while spending $10k a month on painkillers and other meds...some form of pharmacare is definitely needed.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"