Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,700 of 5003

Thread: President Donald Trump What Now

  1. #1601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Trump admin just filed an appeal of the injunction that was lifted in regards to restriction of citizens from certain middle east countries. One of the things on the appeal is that judges do not get the insight of terrorists briefings so do not get the whole picture why these restrictions are put in place. Trump's admin team basically saying if judges knew what they knew in regards to the movements of terrorists they would agree to keep the ban in place.
    So his argument is basically "trust us, we are the government and we know what we are doing, but we wont tell you why because its a secret". That is the most elitist argument around - kind of ironic that Trump the supposed populist is using it.

  2. #1602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Trump admin just filed an appeal of the injunction that was lifted in regards to restriction of citizens from certain middle east countries. One of the things on the appeal is that judges do not get the insight of terrorists briefings so do not get the whole picture why these restrictions are put in place. Trump's admin team basically saying if judges knew what they knew in regards to the movements of terrorists they would agree to keep the ban in place.
    So his argument is basically "trust us, we are the government and we know what we are doing, but we wont tell you why because its a secret". That is the most elitist argument around - kind of ironic that Trump the supposed populist is using it.
    He's a pragmatist. Whatever works - or rather - whatever works to get his way. It may not work but that's besides the point.

  3. #1603
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sherwood park
    Posts
    2,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Trump admin just filed an appeal of the injunction that was lifted in regards to restriction of citizens from certain middle east countries. One of the things on the appeal is that judges do not get the insight of terrorists briefings so do not get the whole picture why these restrictions are put in place. Trump's admin team basically saying if judges knew what they knew in regards to the movements of terrorists they would agree to keep the ban in place.
    So his argument is basically "trust us, we are the government and we know what we are doing, but we wont tell you why because its a secret". That is the most elitist argument around - kind of ironic that Trump the supposed populist is using it.

    So, same old, same old!

  4. #1604
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    He's like a big four-year-old. Throws a hissy fit if he doesn't get what he wants.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

  5. #1605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    ... Trump's admin team basically saying if judges knew what they knew in regards to the movements of terrorists they would agree to keep the ban in place.
    Assuming what you're saying is accurate ...

    Hah! Sure they would. "Oh, I see. Terrorists exist, so we should ignore the constitution. While we're at it, let's intern <identifiable demographic>."

    I would have bet the farm that such a maniacal administration would never have been placed in the position of power it presently holds. One can only hope the checks and balances are able to stand up to the insanity.

    By the way, the let's-give-this-administration-the-benefit-of-the-doubt grace period has come and gone.

    Un-fricken-believable.
    "Well it worked before. We interned the Japanese and we never had a Japanese terrorist attack. A 100% success! Let's copy that successful program." Your President
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  6. #1606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    He's like a big four-year-old. Throws a hissy fit if he doesn't get what he wants.
    Trump now says that any negative polls are fake news
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  7. #1607

    Default

    We're only 24 years after the World Trade Center attack and no one before now, knew the risks of terrorists coming from these countries. Good thing Trump stopped it just in time.

    Note their home countries:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993...Center_bombing
    Last edited by KC; 06-02-2017 at 07:03 PM.

  8. #1608
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    5,862

    Default

    I was hoping Donald Trump would think that now that he's made it into office he could back off and tone it down and go with the flow a bit but now I'm thinking he may never let it happen. He's only shooting himself in the foot. The first talk of impeachment started today. Things may head in that direction. If so would Mike Pence take over? He would fit the job a lot better having so much political experience. Just an opinion.

  9. #1609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I was hoping Donald Trump would think that now that he's made it into office he could back off and tone it down and go with the flow a bit but now I'm thinking he may never let it happen. He's only shooting himself in the foot. The first talk of impeachment started today. Things may head in that direction. If so would Mike Pence take over? He would fit the job a lot better having so much political experience. Just an opinion.
    Trump will likely work to maximize his presidential powers via the courts and new legislation. If at first it doesn't succeed, change the rules.

  10. #1610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    The first talk of impeachment started today. Things may head in that direction.
    Ha ha. As if. Impeached for what? You can't be impeached for hurting feelings.


    As for the travel restrictions to those 7 countries, this might be a reason: ISIS has passport printing presses and tens of thousands of blank passports for Syria, Iraq, and Libya since 2014. If you don't see this as a threat, then you really know nothing about the severity of this geopolitical situation, or how foreign policy is formed, and you shouldn't be offering your opinions on national security policy and crying about it. This story has been reported by the news in a few different countries:

    http://m.jpost.com/Middle-East/ISIS-...FCMzI5OEQ2RTA=

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=36505984

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...officials.html

    A temporary travel restriction until proper vetting can be put in place to discern who is an ISIS plant or not is a wise and prudent move.

  11. #1611
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    5,862

    Default

    Just something I saw on the news today but I don't know anything about the reality of the situation and you're right none of us really do.

  12. #1612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    The first talk of impeachment started today. Things may head in that direction.
    Ha ha. As if. Impeached for what? You can't be impeached for hurting feelings.

    First of all, violation of the Emolument Clause of the US Constitution.

    Examples of existing business arrangements that constitute violations of the foreign-emoluments clause include: China’s state-owned Industrial and Commercial Bank of China is the largest tenant in Trump Tower, and the state-owned Bank of China is a major lender to Trump. Trump’s business partner in Trump Tower Century City in Manila, Philippines is Century Properties, which is run by Jose Antonio, who was just named special envoy to the United States by the president of the Philippines. Further, many Trump Organization projects abroad require foreign government permits and approvals, which amount to substantial financial benefits that also constitute foreign emoluments.

    http://time.com/4658633/impeach-donald-trump-congress/

  13. #1613
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Liberals love talking out of both sides of mouth here is the proof https://twitter.com/Chemzes/status/828244148931194881
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  14. #1614
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    The first talk of impeachment started today. Things may head in that direction.
    Ha ha. As if. Impeached for what? You can't be impeached for hurting feelings.

    First of all, violation of the Emolument Clause of the US Constitution.

    Examples of existing business arrangements that constitute violations of the foreign-emoluments clause include: China’s state-owned Industrial and Commercial Bank of China is the largest tenant in Trump Tower, and the state-owned Bank of China is a major lender to Trump. Trump’s business partner in Trump Tower Century City in Manila, Philippines is Century Properties, which is run by Jose Antonio, who was just named special envoy to the United States by the president of the Philippines. Further, many Trump Organization projects abroad require foreign government permits and approvals, which amount to substantial financial benefits that also constitute foreign emoluments.

    http://time.com/4658633/impeach-donald-trump-congress/
    Wrong presidents are exempt so stop your fake news . He did even have to hand over his assets to his kids . https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...terest/503333/ Liberal rag btw god liberals love to lie
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  15. #1615
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    5,862

    Default

    I'm surprised how he trash talks China but has Chinese as largest tenant in his building. WTF. You'd think he'd be afraid to lose them.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 07-02-2017 at 06:21 AM.

  16. #1616
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    5,862

    Default

    Yes, buildthemhigh, I have heard that several times on the news that as soon as he was sworn in he was exempt of all that. He put companies in his kids names as a gesture but did not have to once he was president.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 07-02-2017 at 06:24 AM.

  17. #1617

    Default

    OK, the only serious talk about impeachment I found is here - on C-SPAN Democrat Rep Maxine Walters talking about impeaching Donald Trump because he is sending bombs to destroy Aleppo and is friends with Putin, and claiming Russia is advancing into Korea:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXPG...utu.be&t=1m10s
    Last edited by MrOilers; 07-02-2017 at 06:38 AM.

  18. #1618

    Default

    A few minutes later, Democrat minority House Leader Nancy Pelosi mumbles incoherently as to why she cannot work with Donald Trump (as she refers to him "President Bush"):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr5TKYR64wc


    I think the Republicans are going to be in power for a long time.

  19. #1619

    Default

    Candidates Reagan & Bush-41 Discuss Illegal Immigration in 1980 Debate

    Let's make Edmonton better.

  20. #1620
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    A few minutes later, Democrat minority House Leader Nancy Pelosi mumbles incoherently as to why she cannot work with Donald Trump (as she refers to him "President Bush"):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr5TKYR64wc


    I think the Republicans are going to be in power for a long time.
    Mark my words Trump 2016-2024 Ivanka 2024-2032
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  21. #1621
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    37 years ago yawn ^^ and I hated both George & Junior
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  22. #1622

    Default

    lol.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

  23. #1623
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    And to be fair about Pelosi I am sure the Dems want her gone and Reps for her to stay . She mumbles on about the moon lol
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  24. #1624

    Default

    Funny Trump has a photo of Reagan on his wall...
    Let's make Edmonton better.

  25. #1625

    Default

    Reagan is probably the most recent President that Trump respected. Clearly he doesn't like the Bushes, Clinton, nor Obama.

  26. #1626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Mark my words Trump 2016-2024 Ivanka 2024-2032


    Mark my words Trump 2017-2017

    BTW, you got your dates wrong. Trump has only been in office less than a month, not in 2016
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  27. #1627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Mark my words Trump 2017-2017

    So you are counting on Donald Trump breaking the law in the next 11 months?

    Seriously, and I am telling you this as a favor to you, but you really shouldn't make that bet with anyone.

  28. #1628
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Mark my words Trump 2016-2024 Ivanka 2024-2032


    Mark my words Trump 2017-2017

    BTW, you got your dates wrong. Trump has only been in office less than a month, not in 2016
    Elected president Nov 8 2016 don't play dumb and how much cash you want to wager on this ? Put your money where your mouth is unless you're scared . You can pay me off Jan 1 2018 Liberals making total asses of themselves and pushing many republican.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  29. #1629
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Democrats still looking for the real people


    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  30. #1630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    A few minutes later, Democrat minority House Leader Nancy Pelosi mumbles incoherently as to why she cannot work with Donald Trump (as she refers to him "President Bush"):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr5TKYR64wc


    I think the Republicans are going to be in power for a long time.
    Mark my words Trump 2016-2024 Ivanka 2024-2032
    The new monarchy.

  31. #1631

    Default

    Donald Trump is toying with the news media again - he got his White House Press Secretary to claim that the media doesn't cover terrorist attacks enough, then provided them a list of all the attacks done by Muslim extremists that the press is "hiding" from the people. So how does the news media respond?

    They are now busy listing all the Muslim terrorist attacks they covered and admitting to the ones they didn't report on. Here is CBS News putting out their list:

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-ho...they-deserved/


    These clueless journalists are all saying "Ha - gotcha!", yet in the process they are reporting the things that help Trump make his case about immigration.

  32. #1632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    A few minutes later, Democrat minority House Leader Nancy Pelosi mumbles incoherently as to why she cannot work with Donald Trump (as she refers to him "President Bush"):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr5TKYR64wc


    I think the Republicans are going to be in power for a long time.
    Mark my words Trump 2016-2024 Ivanka 2024-2032
    The new monarchy.

    If you can't beat them, join them:

    Cartoon time:


    http://images.gr-assets.com/books/13...2l/1206741.jpg

  33. #1633
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Yup he plays them like a fiddle. What was really funny is on twitter during half time the Super Bowl # had all the anti Trumpers just loving that his team was crushed and how this was just the start of all the losing he was going to see lol all at same time his supporters were boycotting Lady Hag a and had a pray4DJT # going that trended to # 2 lol. Then his son Tweeted 91.6% chance Falcons would win and said where have I seen this before lol . Patriots win his haters lose again. God has humor
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 07-02-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  34. #1634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Mark my words Trump 2017-2017

    So you are counting on Donald Trump breaking the law in the next 11 months?

    Seriously, and I am telling you this as a favor to you, but you really shouldn't make that bet with anyone.
    All they need to do to get him on perjury is get him to speak under oath.
    There can only be one.

  35. #1635
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  36. #1636

    Default

    Here is BBC's attempt to disprove Donald Trump's claims that terrorism is under-reported (BBC provides a LARGE list of all the attacks they covered, and it is also full of dozens of videos of terror events):

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38890090

  37. #1637

    Default

    Interesting.

    Steve Bannon Carries Battles to Another Influential Hub: The Vatican - NYTimes.com
    Excerpt:
    "That talk has garnered much attention, and approval by conservatives, for its explicit expression of Mr. Bannon’s vision. Less widely known are his efforts to cultivate strategic alliances with those in Rome who share his interpretation of a right-wing “church militant” theology."

    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/0...www.google.ca/

  38. #1638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Mark my words Trump 2016-2024 Ivanka 2024-2032


    Mark my words Trump 2017-2017

    BTW, you got your dates wrong. Trump has only been in office less than a month, not in 2016
    Elected president Nov 8 2016 don't play dumb and how much cash you want to wager on this ? Put your money where your mouth is unless you're scared . You can pay me off Jan 1 2018 Liberals making total asses of themselves and pushing many republican.

    Wrong

    He only became President on January 20, 2017 Get YOUR facts straight Here is the source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  39. #1639
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton (Norwood)
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Donald Trump is toying with the news media again - he got his White House Press Secretary to claim that the media doesn't cover terrorist attacks enough, then provided them a list of all the attacks done by Muslim extremists that the press is "hiding" from the people. So how does the news media respond?

    They are now busy listing all the Muslim terrorist attacks they covered and admitting to the ones they didn't report on. Here is CBS News putting out their list:

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-ho...they-deserved/


    These clueless journalists are all saying "Ha - gotcha!", yet in the process they are reporting the things that help Trump make his case about immigration.
    There is certainly no shortage of "terrorism" now that the word seems to have been redefined to include acts of nut-jobs trying to create havoc instead of just the organised guerrilla warfare tactic.

  40. #1640
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Mark my words Trump 2017-2017

    So you are counting on Donald Trump breaking the law in the next 11 months?

    Seriously, and I am telling you this as a favor to you, but you really shouldn't make that bet with anyone.
    All they need to do to get him on perjury is get him to speak under oath.
    Wow eazy peazy now they just need him to commit a crime lol
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  41. #1641
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Mark my words Trump 2016-2024 Ivanka 2024-2032


    Mark my words Trump 2017-2017

    BTW, you got your dates wrong. Trump has only been in office less than a month, not in 2016
    Elected president Nov 8 2016 don't play dumb and how much cash you want to wager on this ? Put your money where your mouth is unless you're scared . You can pay me off Jan 1 2018 Liberals making total asses of themselves and pushing many republican.

    Wrong

    He only became President on January 20, 2017 Get YOUR facts straight Here is the source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
    No really he was elected president on nov 8 I never said he was president he was president elect. Keep playing I am a dumbass and did not know what I meant by that. And how about that bet 1000$[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 07-02-2017 at 09:49 AM.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  42. #1642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium48 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Donald Trump is toying with the news media again - he got his White House Press Secretary to claim that the media doesn't cover terrorist attacks enough, then provided them a list of all the attacks done by Muslim extremists that the press is "hiding" from the people. So how does the news media respond?

    They are now busy listing all the Muslim terrorist attacks they covered and admitting to the ones they didn't report on. Here is CBS News putting out their list:

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-ho...they-deserved/


    These clueless journalists are all saying "Ha - gotcha!", yet in the process they are reporting the things that help Trump make his case about immigration.
    There is certainly no shortage of "terrorism" now that the word seems to have been redefined to include acts of nut-jobs trying to create havoc instead of just the organised guerrilla warfare tactic.

    Kind of like how "white supremacist" now has been redefined to anyone who is white, or anti-globalist, or disagrees with something said by the political left.

  43. #1643
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  44. #1644

    Default

    Don't rule out impeachment. Evidence isn't necessary. In the new world of alternative facts, anything goes:


    Donald Trump impeachment: Could US president be voted out?

    "...It’s a stretch, but the good news for the impeachment movement is that Congress doesn’t need any actual evidence to proceed with the vote. It simply requires a member to introduce a resolution calling for an impeachment investigation.

    From there, voting would get under way in the House of Representatives first. If a majority ruled against Mr Trump, it would proceed to the Senate.

    There’s a precedent for that. An impeachment against former president Bill Clinton was initiated in December 1998 after it emerged he had an extramarital affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky."

    http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...4011d8fb3c54a3

    At this point, it would be pretty easy to impeach Donald Trump—if Congress wanted to. | New Republic

    https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1389...ress-wanted-to
    Last edited by KC; 07-02-2017 at 10:28 AM.

  45. #1645
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton (Norwood)
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    Trump as at least two years. If there is going to be an impeachment, it won't get started until after the US midterm elections when the voters have an opportunity to install Democrat majorities in congress.

  46. #1646
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    The desperation of liberals thinking he will be impeached lol . Another loss it's getting so comedic with the desperation level
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  47. #1647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    The desperation of liberals thinking he will be impeached lol . Another loss it's getting so comedic with the desperation level
    Links please. Where's any indication of the desperation you see?

    Seems to be the opposite is happening:

    Pelosi tamps down talk of impeachment | TheHill
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/31...of-impeachment


    The fairytale of impeaching Trump
    http://theweek.com/articles/677606/f...peaching-trump
    Last edited by KC; 07-02-2017 at 10:52 AM.

  48. #1648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium48 View Post
    If there is going to be an impeachment, it won't get started until after the US midterm elections when the voters have an opportunity to install Democrat majorities in congress.
    Considering the Democrats hove either lost a pile of seats or broke even in every Congressional election since Bill Clinton was President, the prospect of that doesn't look good for them.

    Plus, with the Democrats defending 26 of their seats and Republicans defending only 8 of theirs in the Senate, it is very possible that we'll see a Republican supermajority in the Senate in 2018.

    Add a couple of Supreme Court Justice appointments in that time and Donald Trump will have more power in 2 years than he does today.

  49. #1649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Mark my words Trump 2016-2024 Ivanka 2024-2032


    Mark my words Trump 2017-2017

    BTW, you got your dates wrong. Trump has only been in office less than a month, not in 2016
    Elected president Nov 8 2016 don't play dumb and how much cash you want to wager on this ? Put your money where your mouth is unless you're scared . You can pay me off Jan 1 2018 Liberals making total asses of themselves and pushing many republican.

    Wrong

    He only became President on January 20, 2017 Get YOUR facts straight Here is the source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
    No really he was elected president on nov 8 I never said he was president he was president elect. Keep playing I am a dumbass and did not know what I meant by that. And how about that bet 1000$[IMG][/IMG]
    Not hard to do. Your original post was "Mark my words Trump 2016-2024" which was and will forever be incorrect. For the past 200 years, Presidential terms begin and end on odd years, not even.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  50. #1650

    Default

    Nixon history slightly interesting:

    Containing Trump - The Atlantic
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-trump/513854/

  51. #1651
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    Anyone who wants to hear the president of the United States sounding like a B-movie mobster will find dozens of examples on the Nixon presidential library’s website. Nixon compiled lists of enemies, tried to suborn the IRS and the CIA, demanded that Jews be investigated and fired (“You can’t trust the bastards”), created a personal black-ops team (the Plumbers), raised hush money and established slush funds, suggested engaging thugs to beat up protesters, proposed selling ambassadorships, spied on political activists, and orchestrated cover-ups. He remained in office for nearly six years, ultimately being forced out only because he made the astonishing mistake of recording himself breaking the law. Until the Supreme Court ordered the tapes turned over to a special prosecutor in July of 1974, Nixon still had enough support to survive a removal vote in the Senate.




    Top_Dawg had to double check to see if this opinion piece is about Trump or Hillary Clinton.

  52. #1652

    Default

    Nixon also stopped racial segregation in schools, started affirmative action, went out of his way to appoint women to positions, federalized Medicaid, and formed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

    The crook would probably be considered a liberal if he ran for office today.

  53. #1653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Nixon also stopped racial segregation in schools, started affirmative action, went out of his way to appoint women to positions, federalized Medicaid, and formed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

    The crook would probably be considered a liberal if he ran for office today.
    In some ways he might be considered a liberal now, but I think some of the more liberal things he did were probably in response to the pressures of the times which were more liberal. He may have done some of these things because of political pressure or reluctantly, not always enthusiastically.

    He was a very bright person, but sadly he in the end he was his own greatest enemy. He seemed to have great insecurity and paranioa especially about political enemies that led him in the wrong direction. He also led the country in a very divided time, when it could have benefited more from some one who could bring people together and was less partisan. He was very good on some foreign affairs matters such as trying to get along with China.

    Of course he famously said "I am not a crook", by which he meant "if the president does it, then it is not illegal", which he also said later. America didn't buy either comment and in the end the verdict of society was the president is not above the law. The current and future presidents would be wise to remember and learn from his mistakes.

  54. #1654

    Default

    How to buy your way into a political appointment...

    Trump Education Pick Crumbles After Being Confronted About $200 Million In GOP Donations

    By Sean Colarossi on Tue, Jan 17th, 2017 at 9:59 pm http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/...donations.html
    "Do you think ... if your family has not made hundreds of millions of dollars of contributions to the Republican Party, that you would be sitting here today?"

    After pointing out the enormous amount of money DeVos has given to the Republican Party, Sanders asked, “Do you think, if you were not a multi-billionaire, if your family has not made hundreds of millions of dollars of contributions to the Republican Party, that you would be sitting here today?”

    DeVos responded: “Senator, as a matter of fact, I do think that there would be that possibility. I’ve worked very hard on behalf of parents and children for the last almost 30 years to be a voice for students and to empower parents to make decisions on behalf of their children, primarily low-income children.”

    Despite her words, DeVos is likely the most anti-public education nominee in the department’s history. She’s also an anti-LGBTQ religious extremist who, as the Huffington Post reported yesterday, has said public schools should be used to “advance God’s Kingdom.”
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  55. #1655

    Default

    Interesting

    A Top Chinese Judge Is Calling Trump a 'Bully' and Schooling Him on What the Law Is About
    Charlie Campbell / Beijing
    1:03 AM Eastern
    Donald Trump's attack on the U.S. judiciary is too much for authoritarian China, it seems.

    The U.S. president is an "enemy of the rule of law," according to a top Chinese judge, reacting to Trump's verbal attacks on an American judge who blocked his controversial travel ban last week.
    U.S. District Judge James Robart on Friday suspended a White House executive order banning visitors from seven majority Muslim nations for 90 days. In response, Trump took to Twitter to denounce Robart as a "so-called judge" who was leaving Americans at risk of terrorist attacks.

    That prompted He Fan, a member of the apex Supreme People's Court of China, to denounce Trump as a "bully without dignity" on his own social media account, drawing a link between his criticism of Robart and the slaying of a Chinese judge in his home by a former defendant last month.
    "A president criticizing judges and bandits murdering judges are all enemies of the rule of law," He wrote Sunday in a post on his public WeChat blog, “Colorful Law,” which has around 200,000 subscribers.
    He argues that Trump jeopardized the sovereignty of the U.S. legal system by openly criticizing a judge. “No matter how much they hate a court ruling, presidents can only keep it to themselves,” wrote the 39-year-old, who has published a book on the U.S. Supreme Court. “They don’t air their criticisms in public, let alone put a judge in the crosshairs.”

    http://time.com/4663480/trump-law-ju...a-judge-bully/
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  56. #1656

    Default

    More lies from Donald Trump

    President Trump Falsely Claims the U.S. Murder Rate Is the Highest in 45 Years
    Josh Sanburn
    Feb 07, 2017


    President Donald Trump told a group of sheriffs on Tuesday that the murder rate in the U.S. was the highest in 45 to 47 years when in fact the rate remains near its lowest point in half-a-century.
    “The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years, right?" Trump said at a meeting with the National Sheriffs Association, a group that represents thousands of sheriffs around the country. "Did you know that? Forty-seven years. I used to use that. I’d say that in a speech and everybody was surprised. Because the press doesn’t tell it like it is. Wasn’t to their advantage to say that. But the murder rate is the highest it’s been in, I guess, from 45 to 47 years.”


    According to FBI statistics, the U.S.'s 2015 murder rate was 4.9 homicides per 100,000 residents, which did increase from 4.4 in 2014. But those numbers are far from the country's all-time highs of 10.2 per 100,000 residents in 1980. That rate fluctuated throughout the 1980s but has been steadily declining since the 1990s, hitting the lowest rate since the 1950s in 2014. FBI figures for 2016 have not yet been released. http://time.com/4663050/president-tr...er-rate-claim/
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 08-02-2017 at 07:35 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  57. #1657

    Default Canadians prefer Trump to Trudeau on Economy, Security, despite disliking him

    "It's the economy stupid", an old Bill Clinton phrase. At the end of the day people care most about their personal lifestyle, which is measured by the economy.

    Despite deep overall disapproval of U.S. President Donald Trump, Canadians prefer Trump’s approach to managing the economy and national security over the approach of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, according to a poll taken on the eve of Trump’s inauguration.

    The poll from Mainstreet Research, provided exclusively to the National Post, is the latest survey to show that a significant majority of Canadians have a dim view of Trump.

    But it is the first poll that compares Trump to Trudeau across a range of personal characteristics and policy areas.

    Trudeau easily tops Trump among Canadian voters when it come to perceptions of intelligence, compassion, honesty and several other measures.

    But on economic policy, 53 per cent of Canadians approve of what Trump is doing versus 43 per cent of Canadians who approve of what Trudeau is doing. Trudeau’s “disapproval” rating on economic policy is 41 per cent while Trump’s disapproval on this issue is just 22 per cent.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...-security-poll

  58. #1658

    Default

    Polls? Polls? We don't need no stinking polls! TSM

    I thought that nobody believes polls anymore...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  59. #1659
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clareview
    Posts
    7,214

    Default

    Only unless it supports your cause
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

  60. #1660

    Default



    Ya think?

    Donald Trump has said he was surprised at how big a job the presidency is.



    The leader of the free world told Fox News interviewer Bill O'Reilly he works "long hours" and often gets only about four or five hours' sleep a night.


    Mr Trump said that at the start of his presidency he has been surprised by "the size, the magnitude of everything" and being president can be a "surreal experience in a certain way"
    And amid signs he began his presidency with the same chaotic operation that marked his campaign, a report has claimed he was not even aware he was elevating Steve Bannon to a senior security post when he signed one of several executive orders.

    Since Mr Trump’s inauguration on 20 January, reports have emerged of a West Wing marked by confusion and unpreparedness—alongside intense turf battles being fought by his top officials.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7568346.html
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  61. #1661
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Mark my words Trump 2016-2024 Ivanka 2024-2032


    Mark my words Trump 2017-2017

    BTW, you got your dates wrong. Trump has only been in office less than a month, not in 2016
    Elected president Nov 8 2016 don't play dumb and how much cash you want to wager on this ? Put your money where your mouth is unless you're scared . You can pay me off Jan 1 2018 Liberals making total asses of themselves and pushing many republican.

    Wrong

    He only became President on January 20, 2017 Get YOUR facts straight Here is the source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
    No really he was elected president on nov 8 I never said he was president he was president elect. Keep playing I am a dumbass and did not know what I meant by that. And how about that bet 1000$[IMG][/IMG]
    Not hard to do. Your original post was "Mark my words Trump 2016-2024" which was and will forever be incorrect. For the past 200 years, Presidential terms begin and end on odd years, not even.
    Does not matter everyone knows what I meant so stick to your I play dumb semantics like you always do. Anyways it's to be expected from you considering liberal are the biggest sore losers on the planet and stomp their feet like a 3 year old child till they get attention . Quite comical actually but all the liberals are doing is moving people to republicans like people cheering the cops in Portland one of the most liberal cities out there by the crying feet stomping babies that make up a 1/3 of the party all the center is turning right .




    Don't believe me just follow twitter . Trump won has been delivering on all his promises that got him elected because it's what the massive majority of counties across the states wanted . So keep the immature hate campaign going PRT he won despite you proudly since 2015 mockingly made fun of him in here and said he had no chance, which anyone can see from your fake news which you held as fact as of polls and so forth you mocked laughed at people that did not agree . So now because of your total error in reading the real world the hate has built up even more in you which is quite obvious to those who see the real world. My advice to you get over it Trump won move on .
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  62. #1662

    Default

    As far as hate goes, you take the cake.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  63. #1663
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    As far as hate goes, you take the cake.
    No I just don't respect people who live in echo chambers and refuse to look at both sides of the coin. I remember during the election I was showing you Trump crowd sizes and Hillary's in comparison . I said the polls are BS my eyes don't lie your response Liberals have jobs . One of my very 1st posts in that election thread was telling people listen I grew up in a politician home and we were raised not to believe everything you hear on the news . And if they're pushing really hard on a agenda it's false and it's only to benefit the very few at the top and no good for anyone else. So one day you will figure it out like global warming population reduction all this crap they're trying to fear porn people with. So you can take my advice or keep following the lemmings to the cliff .
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  64. #1664

    Default

    Crowd sizes



    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...gton/96832714/

    Yes, biased media (must be busy USA Today must have used gallons of White-Out to erase all those Trump supporters in the right hand picture) but you believe everything that Trump says regardless of facts.

    You really would drink the purple kool aid for him, wouldn't you?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  65. #1665

  66. #1666
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ozerna, North Edmonton
    Posts
    8,960

    Default

    Intel to invest $7 billion in factory in Arizona, employ 3,000

    Anita Balakrishnan | @MsABalakrishnan
    18 Mins AgoCNBC.com


    Intel CEO meets with President Trump in Oval Office 17 Mins Ago | 04:21


    Intel chief executive Brian Krzanich met with President Donald Trumpon Wednesday, where the company announced it will invest $7 billion in a factory employing up to 3,000 people.
    The factory will be in Chandler, Arizona, the company said, and over 10,000 people in the Arizona area will support the factory. Krzanichconfirmed to CNBC that the investment over the next three to four years would be to complete a previous plant, Fab 42, that was started and then left vacant.

    The 7 nanometer chips will be produced there will be "the most powerful computer chips on the planet," Krzanich said in the Oval Office with the Trump administration. Most Intel manufacturing happens in the U.S., Krzanich said.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/08/trump...-krzanich.html





    Japan May Woo Trump with 700,000 U.S. Jobs and a $7 Billion FactoryJapanese display maker Sharp (SHCAY, +3.99%) may start building a $7 billion plant in the United States in the first half of 2017, taking the lead on a project initially outlined by its Taiwanese parent Foxconn, a person with knowledge of the plan said.
    A decision by Foxconn to give Sharp the lead would come as Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe prepares to travel to the United States to meet U.S. President Donald Trump, who in his inauguration speech vowed to put "America first."
    In a package Tokyo hopes will please Trump, Abe will unveil investments to create as many as 700,000 U.S. jobs, people familiar with the matter toldReuters earlier.
    "The investment will be by a Japanese consortium that will also include manufacturing equipment makers," said the person, who was not authorized to speak with media and so declined to be identified.
    http://fortune.com/2017/02/08/sharp-...factory-trump/


    The hits keep on coming for Trump, another day, another two huge investments....
    Last edited by Hilman; 08-02-2017 at 11:28 AM.

  67. #1667
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Crowd sizes



    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...gton/96832714/

    Yes, biased media (must be busy USA Today must have used gallons of White-Out to erase all those Trump supporters in the right hand picture) but you believe everything that Trump says regardless of facts.

    You really would drink the purple kool aid for him, wouldn't you?
    Who cares the final score of the game was 306-232 and many say that pic was taken after and they should of gave the SUPERBOWL to Atlanta they had more fans across the country cheering for them.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  68. #1668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    The hits keep on coming for Trump, another day, another two huge investments....
    Isn't it surprising that Intel, and soon Sharp, didn't choose Trudeau / Canada? Well, not really...

    There has been some analysis for a while suggesting a lot of manufacturing could come back to the US, because labor is becoming a smaller and smaller component with robotics, making transport costs to market a bigger component worthy of reducing. Of course, not as many jobs because robotic, but the jobs there are will include high skilled / valuable ones, in addition to the regular maintenance stuff you need (cleaning, plumbing, electrician, etc.).
    Last edited by moahunter; 08-02-2017 at 11:41 AM.

  69. #1669
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  70. #1670
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    The hits keep on coming for Trump, another day, another two huge investments....
    Isn't it surprising that Intel, and soon Sharp, didn't choose Trudeau / Canada? Well, not really...

    There has been some analysis for a while suggesting a lot of manufacturing could come back to the US, because labor is becoming a smaller and smaller component with robotics, making transport costs a bigger issue.
    Yup Canada is going to be left so far behind but hey we got the carbon tax to look forward to.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  71. #1671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    The hits keep on coming for Trump, another day, another two huge investments....
    Isn't it surprising that Intel, and soon Sharp, didn't choose Trudeau / Canada? Well, not really...

    There has been some analysis for a while suggesting a lot of manufacturing could come back to the US, because labor is becoming a smaller and smaller component with robotics, making transport costs to market a bigger component worthy of reducing. Of course, not as many jobs because robotic, but the jobs there are will include high skilled / valuable ones, in addition to the regular maintenance stuff you need (cleaning, plumbing, electrician, etc.).
    I suspect those businesses are more concerned about a potential border tax right now than your ideological feelings about Canada's Prime Minister.

    However, it is an interesting point that as labour becomes a smaller component of production due to automation that lower wage countries lose some of their advantage. Perhaps the proposed tariffs or border taxes are not needed after all to bring jobs back to the US. Of course the jobs will be more skilled, so this might not benefit everyone who previously worked in the manufacturing industries.

  72. #1672
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where ever Visa is accepted
    Posts
    4,409

    Default Rosie O'Donnell as Steve Bannon

    If SNL gets it's way we may see Rosie O'Donnell as Steve Bannon.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...040613138f6f9?
    I'm having people over later to stare at their phones,if you want to drop by

  73. #1673

    Default

    ^^I think the border tax is an interesting concept, its basically just converting corporate tax to explicitly only apply to domestic consumption, much like our GST. A "flaw" I don't understand in it, is that obviously any foreign company wanting to sell into the US to consumers would then be better off selling directly to the customer, with no US presence / agent unless on consignment (e.g. a US individual could buy Chinese product then 20% cheaper online from Walmart China than Walmart US).

  74. #1674
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    From the horses mouth they are building it because of Trumps administrations new tax cuts for businesses . Here is the full statement from Intel before CNN NYT edit it to attack it lol https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/829394123090075649
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  75. #1675
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ozerna, North Edmonton
    Posts
    8,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    If SNL gets it's way we may see Rosie O'Donnell as Steve Bannon.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...040613138f6f9?
    This year's SNL has been the worst season in many many years. Their incessant Trump bashing is tiring, yes we get it, you love Hillary and hate Trump, move on already.

  76. #1676

    Default

    Highest ratings in 22 years on SNL.

    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/satu...hy-1201978637/
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  77. #1677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    Japan May Woo Trump with 700,000 U.S. Jobs and a $7 Billion Factory
    Japanese display maker Sharp (SHCAY, +3.99%) may start building a $7 billion plant in the The hits keep on coming for Trump, another day, another two huge investments....
    This one was announced already, and the article specifically says "may start building, so that's extra-counting something still speculative.
    Last edited by Spudly; 08-02-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  78. #1678
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    Japan May Woo Trump with 700,000 U.S. Jobs and a $7 Billion Factory
    Japanese display maker Sharp (SHCAY, +3.99%) may start building a $7 billion plant in the The hits keep on coming for Trump, another day, another two huge investments....
    This one was announced already, and the article specifically says "may start building, so that's extra-counting something speculative.
    Did you even watch the full statement from intel https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/829394123090075649 I encourage everyone to follow CNN NYT and Washington post on twitter and watch the same repeated attacks on trump every ten minutes without one positive word and tell me they're a unbiased news org. None of those 3 has even tweeted this huge news out.
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 08-02-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  79. #1679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    From the horses mouth they are building it because of Trumps administrations new tax cuts for businesses . Here is the full statement from Intel before CNN NYT edit it to attack it lol https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/829394123090075649
    Intel CEO had planned a Trump fundraiser.
    Trump hasn't cut taxes, Congress has that power, although he can n propose.
    It's a restart of a previously planned plant, and talking about starting construction right away makes it likely this decision was made months ago.
    So who knows what the real factors were.

    You're far better at being sceptical of stuff you don't like in the first place. Try being just as sceptical of your guy as of the other guy and you'll really have the free mind you claim.
    There can only be one.

  80. #1680
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ozerna, North Edmonton
    Posts
    8,960

    Default

    ^^^
    Fox News@FoxNews 22m22 minutes ago

    .@seanspicer: "Projects that have been stalled or scuttled have been revived in anticipation of the president's pro-growth policies."
    Looks like Trump has done more in his few days in office than Obama did in 8 years lol, sour grapes coming from the Democrats on here.

  81. #1681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    Japan May Woo Trump with 700,000 U.S. Jobs and a $7 Billion Factory
    Japanese display maker Sharp (SHCAY, +3.99%) may start building a $7 billion plant in the The hits keep on coming for Trump, another day, another two huge investments....
    This one was announced already, and the article specifically says "may start building, so that's extra-counting something speculative.
    Did you even watch the full statement from intel https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/829394123090075649 I encourage everyone to follow CNN NYT and Washington post on twitter and watch the same repeated attacks on trump every ten minutes without one positive word and tell me they're a unbiased news org. None of those 3 has even tweeted this huge news out.
    Ya and I know the difference between "Intel" and "Sharp." They're different companies.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  82. #1682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    ^^^
    Fox News@FoxNews 22m22 minutes ago

    .@seanspicer: "Projects that have been stalled or scuttled have been revived in anticipation of the president's pro-growth policies."
    Looks like Trump has done more in his few days in office than Obama did in 8 years lol, sour grapes coming from the Democrats on here.
    He has made more noise and bluster but what has he actually accomplished beyond that? Noise and bluster and "trust me" promises don't count until they actually happen.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  83. #1683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    ^^^
    Fox News@FoxNews 22m22 minutes ago

    .@seanspicer: "Projects that have been stalled or scuttled have been revived in anticipation of the president's pro-growth policies."
    Looks like Trump has done more in his few days in office than Obama did in 8 years lol, sour grapes coming from the Democrats on here.
    If you mean more PR announcements, maybe.

    There were like 10,000,000 jobs created in the US under Obama's watch. And no, I don't think he deserves all the credit and more than Trump does.
    There can only be one.

  84. #1684

    Default

    But my apologies to Hillman, "Looks like Trump has done more" - I missed the "Looks like" part, and that is correct.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  85. #1685
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    ^^^
    Fox News@FoxNews 22m22 minutes ago

    .@seanspicer: "Projects that have been stalled or scuttled have been revived in anticipation of the president's pro-growth policies."
    Looks like Trump has done more in his few days in office than Obama did in 8 years lol, sour grapes coming from the Democrats on here.
    If you mean more PR announcements, maybe.

    There were like 10,000,000 jobs created in the US under Obama's watch. And no, I don't think he deserves all the credit and more than Trump does.
    That's funny because black unemployment was at the highest rate ever and the amount of people not in the work force. So 10,000,000 minimum wage part time jobs really is not that impressive . But you guys only watch 24 hour a day liberal bs so you never see the whole picture just the rainbows and unicorns they blow up your *** and from your own liberal bias news says something different, http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/18/obama...residents.html
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 08-02-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  86. #1686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    so you never see the whole picture just the rainbows and unicorns they blow up your ***
    seems the same for you though, just different *ss-blowers
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  87. #1687
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    so you never see the whole picture just the rainbows and unicorns they blow up your ***
    seems the same for you though, just different *ss-blowers
    I don't like all Trumps policies the removal of wall street restrictions is one of them . But what I do like is he is keeping his promises and is doing what he said he would.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  88. #1688

    Default

    Just like most presidents, apparently...

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...heir-promises/



    YEAR OF PUBLICATION TIME PERIOD STUDIED SHARE OF PROMISES KEPT
    1968 1944-66 72%
    1969 1932-64 80
    1971 1944-66 72
    1980 1944-78 69
    1984 1912-76 71
    1985 1960-80 61
    1987 1945-79 64
    1996 1980-88 52
    1997 1977-92 60
    1999 1976-92 60
    2004 1997-99 73
    Average 67

  89. #1689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Just like most presidents, apparently...

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...heir-promises/
    except that story says:

    But there is perhaps a double irony to Trump benefiting from this misperception. He, unlike many of those he criticizes, really doesn’t seem to be interested in keeping his promises. Obviously, we can’t (yet) compare his rhetoric to his performance in office, but we can examine how well his rhetoric lines up with the plans his campaign has released and with his own past actions. And the mismatch is striking.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  90. #1690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    ^^^
    Fox News@FoxNews 22m22 minutes ago

    .@seanspicer: "Projects that have been stalled or scuttled have been revived in anticipation of the president's pro-growth policies."
    Looks like Trump has done more in his few days in office than Obama did in 8 years lol, sour grapes coming from the Democrats on here.
    If you mean more PR announcements, maybe.

    There were like 10,000,000 jobs created in the US under Obama's watch. And no, I don't think he deserves all the credit and more than Trump does.
    That's funny because black unemployment was at the highest rate ever and the amount of people not in the work force. So 10,000,000 minimum wage part time jobs really is not that impressive . But you guys only watch 24 hour a day liberal bs so you never see the whole picture just the rainbows and unicorns they blow up your *** and from your own liberal bias news says something different, http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/18/obama...residents.html
    Good try, but if you go by full time jobs there have been 20m gained in the past 8 years, as part time jobs turned full time. Granted that includes the recession recovery period, but if Trump gets credit so does Obama.

    All the data I can find on participation rates blames the decrease on Boomers retiring. Not on whatever you think the cause is.
    There can only be one.

  91. #1691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Just like most presidents, apparently...

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...heir-promises/
    except that story says:

    But there is perhaps a double irony to Trump benefiting from this misperception. He, unlike many of those he criticizes, really doesn’t seem to be interested in keeping his promises. Obviously, we can’t (yet) compare his rhetoric to his performance in office, but we can examine how well his rhetoric lines up with the plans his campaign has released and with his own past actions. And the mismatch is striking.
    Good point! The article was written before the election, and so we'll need some time to see how Trump's commitments fare in the long run...

  92. #1692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    ^^^
    Fox News@FoxNews 22m22 minutes ago

    .@seanspicer: "Projects that have been stalled or scuttled have been revived in anticipation of the president's pro-growth policies."
    Looks like Trump has done more in his few days in office than Obama did in 8 years lol, sour grapes coming from the Democrats on here.
    Yeah, saving General Motors, Chrysler and solving the banking crisis that Bush gave him, were just luck...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  93. #1693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    ^^I think the border tax is an interesting concept, its basically just converting corporate tax to explicitly only apply to domestic consumption, much like our GST. A "flaw" I don't understand in it, is that obviously any foreign company wanting to sell into the US to consumers would then be better off selling directly to the customer, with no US presence / agent unless on consignment (e.g. a US individual could buy Chinese product then 20% cheaper online from Walmart China than Walmart US).
    I wonder if the talk about a border tax in the US is a way of selling a VAT like the GST to the US public and that is what they will eventually end up with. I am not sure how happy they will be. I recall some people were not very happy (perhaps that the understatement of the year!) when the GST was introduced in Canada.

    Of course, the US will also have to deal with the issue of integrating state and local taxes with a VAT to make it work properly, like Canada has. Unlike Canada we only have 9 provinces to integrate - the US has way more states (perhaps not all have a sales tax) plus numerous other local sales taxes. It could be a bumpy ride for the border tax.

  94. #1694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    so you never see the whole picture just the rainbows and unicorns they blow up your ***
    seems the same for you though, just different *ss-blowers
    I don't like all Trumps policies the removal of wall street restrictions is one of them . But what I do like is he is keeping his promises and is doing what he said he would.
    Did he divest from all his companies yet?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  95. #1695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    so you never see the whole picture just the rainbows and unicorns they blow up your ***
    seems the same for you though, just different *ss-blowers
    I don't like all Trumps policies the removal of wall street restrictions is one of them . But what I do like is he is keeping his promises and is doing what he said he would.
    Did he divest from all his companies yet?
    Oh yes, also did he release his tax returns yet?

  96. #1696

    Default

    ^he isn't require to do either by US law, anymore than you or I have to disclose our returns or investments. Try finding Kennedy tax returns, that was a billionaire family also so the precedent is comparable.
    Last edited by moahunter; 08-02-2017 at 01:28 PM.

  97. #1697

    Default

    He's taking time while in security briefings to retweet himself using the @POTUS account about his daughter being "unfairly" dropped by a department store for lagging sales.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e45de8da8cde

    Stay classy, Cheeto-in-Chief.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  98. #1698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    ^he isn't require to do either by US law, anymore than you or I have to disclose our returns or investments. Try finding Kennedy tax returns, that was a billionaire family also so the precedent is comparable.
    I think Kennedy's father was the businessman, not President Kennedy who was in politics for a number of years before he became president. The comparison might be more valid if it was one of Trump's kids who decided to go into politics, instead of business and then after 10 or 15 years years became president.

    Also, the disclosure of tax returns started after Kennedy, I think starting with Nixon.

  99. #1699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Also, the disclosure of tax returns started after Kennedy, I think starting with Nixon.
    As noted, there is no law requiring it, it was just Nixon trying to get a leg up on Kennedy. There are a lot of comparable between the Kennedy's and the Trump's, even their family involvement in the politics. They both had hot wives are well.

  100. #1700
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    so you never see the whole picture just the rainbows and unicorns they blow up your ***
    seems the same for you though, just different *ss-blowers
    I don't like all Trumps policies the removal of wall street restrictions is one of them . But what I do like is he is keeping his promises and is doing what he said he would.
    Did he divest from all his companies yet?
    Oh yes, also did he release his tax returns yet?
    Is the audit done yet ? You hear the same **** over and over from his haters yawn . And yes he did hand over control of his companies which he did not need to do . Haters wash rinse repeat.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •