Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 46 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,600 of 5003

Thread: President Donald Trump What Now

  1. #3501

    Default

    Meanwhile as Washington burns, Mr. Trump is out campaigning.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  2. #3502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Meanwhile as Washington burns, Mr. Trump is out campaigning.
    Yes, Trump seems to be getting little done - everything is bogged down in controversy and lies right now, kind of like a bad TV reality show. He may still end up being a great asset for the Democrats yet. I think before two years Americans will be sick of all the drama and stupidity and be ready to put adults in charge again.

  3. #3503

    Default

    I really did not think Obama and Trump would share the inability to get anything done.

    The Russia thing, though, does not surprise in the least. Almost all of you guys have your thinking distorted so early in life that you don't notice it; but it's really obvious to anyone from outside the European/North American areal. Both Republicans and Democrats have been permanently twisted into seeing Russia as the nightmare boogeyman. So it's natural for everyone to use Russia as a blunt weapon against their political opponents. If Hillary had won, Republicans would be accusing HER of being soft on Russia.

    It would be ridiculous if it weren't so tragic. Right now, Canadian soldiers are supporting Nazi regimes in Latvia and Ukraine; yet you cheer. And don't think I'm exaggerating it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembr...n_legionnaires

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_W...(1st_Galician)

    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...iv_Ukraine.jpg
    Last edited by AShetsen; 20-03-2017 at 02:36 PM.

  4. #3504
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ozerna, North Edmonton
    Posts
    8,775

    Default

    WikiLeaks@wikileaks

    FBI Dir Comey mislead Congress today when he stated that emails on Republicans were not released during 2016. Proof: http://archive.is/aFaA2
    https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/843918772243255296

  5. #3505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Meanwhile as Washington burns, Mr. Trump is out campaigning.

    Out campaigning?

    This is his schedule today:

    10:30 AM Receive daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
    11:00 AM Meet with Bill Gates – Oval Office
    11:30 AM Meet with Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price, and Dr. Zeke Emanuel – Oval Office
    12:30 PM Lunch with Vice President Mike Pence – Presidential Dining Room
    1:35 PM Meet with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson – Oval Office
    3:00 PM Welcome Iraq’s Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi – West Wing Lobby
    3:10 PM Meets with Prime Minister al-Abadi – Oval Office
    3:25 PM Lead a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister al-Abadi – Cabinet Room
    5:00 PM Depart the White House en route to Joint Base Andrews – South Lawn
    5:20 PM Depart Joint Base Andrews en route to Louisville Air National Guard Base – Joint Base Andrews
    6:55 PM Arrive at Louisville Air National Guard Base
    7:40 PM Participate in a Make America Great Again Rally – Kentucky Exposition Center [Live Stream]
    9:10 PM Depart Louisville Air National Guard Base en route to Joint Base Andrews
    10:55 PM Arrive at the White House – South Lawn

  6. #3506

    Default

    ^wow. If there is one thing I have noticed about successful entrepreneurs, is they have endless energy. That schedule would kill me.

  7. #3507
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ozerna, North Edmonton
    Posts
    8,775

    Default

    ^^ That looks like Obama's itinerary for all of 2008 lol.

  8. #3508

    Default

    I stand corrected, part of his day...

    5:00 PM Depart the White House en route to Joint Base Andrews – South Lawn
    5:20 PM Depart Joint Base Andrews en route to Louisville Air National Guard Base – Joint Base Andrews
    6:55 PM Arrive at Louisville Air National Guard Base
    7:40 PM Participate in a Make America Great Again Rally – Kentucky Exposition Center [Live Stream]
    9:10 PM Depart Louisville Air National Guard Base en route to Joint Base Andrews
    10:55 PM Arrive at the White House – South Lawn
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  9. #3509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    ^^ That looks like Obama's itinerary for all of 2008 lol.

    Nope:

    Jan 21st 2008, Day one:
    8:00 am Save General Motors
    9:00 am Save Chrysler
    10:00 am Stop Bush's stock market slide
    etc...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  10. #3510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Meanwhile as Washington burns, Mr. Trump is out campaigning.

    Out campaigning?

    This is his schedule today:

    10:30 AM Receive daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
    11:00 AM Meet with Bill Gates – Oval Office
    11:30 AM Meet with Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price, and Dr. Zeke Emanuel – Oval Office
    12:30 PM Lunch with Vice President Mike Pence – Presidential Dining Room
    1:35 PM Meet with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson – Oval Office
    3:00 PM Welcome Iraq’s Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi – West Wing Lobby
    3:10 PM Meets with Prime Minister al-Abadi – Oval Office
    3:25 PM Lead a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister al-Abadi – Cabinet Room
    5:00 PM Depart the White House en route to Joint Base Andrews – South Lawn
    5:20 PM Depart Joint Base Andrews en route to Louisville Air National Guard Base – Joint Base Andrews
    6:55 PM Arrive at Louisville Air National Guard Base
    7:40 PM Participate in a Make America Great Again Rally – Kentucky Exposition Center [Live Stream]
    9:10 PM Depart Louisville Air National Guard Base en route to Joint Base Andrews
    10:55 PM Arrive at the White House – South Lawn
    I suppose going to the "rally" in Louisville helps stroke his bruised ego. Between the rallies and his weekly golf trips to Florida, he sure is putting the miles on Air Force One.

  11. #3511
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ozerna, North Edmonton
    Posts
    8,775

    Default

    Donna Brazile Finally Admits Giving Hillary Clinton Debate Questions. Democrats Still Demand UnityPublished March 19, 2017 by H. A. Goodman

    Democrats and progressives too frightened of Trump to demand major DNC reforms must review the following timeline.

    First, Debbie Wasserman Schultz and other DNC officials were forced to resign for cheating Bernie Sanders.

    In a twist of fate, POLITICO stated “With just three months until Election Day and the Democrats’ official party apparatus struggling to right itself from months of dysfunction and the scandal caused by the WikiLeaks email hack, interim Democratic National Committee chair Donna Brazile cleaned house Tuesday with the ouster of three top officials.”

    Yes, Donna Brazile forced others to resign for cheating Bernie.

    Welcome to Democratic politics.
    Voters fearful of “Nazis” and “alt-Right” ideologues must first resist the centrist neoliberal ideologues who looked the other way when Obama entered the war in Yemen, waged a war on wistleblowers, increased mass surveillance, and conducted a failed regime change in Libya. Had Trump done these things, they would have been labeled as “fascist” by a liberal media eager to impeach the current president.
    https://counterpropa.com/donna-brazi...-demand-unity/

  12. #3512
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Donna Brazil calls it a simple mistake...rotfl...Omg!

  13. #3513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    ^wow. If there is one thing I have noticed about successful entrepreneurs, is they have endless energy. That schedule would kill me.
    Like any good show man a lot of motion giving the illusion of action .. but not much accomplished.

  14. #3514

    Default

    Meanwhile



    Comey: FBI probing Trump-Russia links, wiretap claims bogus
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/comey-fb...?autoPlay=true
    In a bruising five-hour session, the FBI director also knocked down Trump's claim that his predecessor had wiretapped his New York skyscraper, an assertion that has distracted White House officials and frustrated fellow Republicans who acknowledge they've seen no evidence to support it.
    The revelation of the investigation of possible collusion with Russians, and the first public confirmation of the wider probe that began last summer, came in a remarkable hearing by one branch of government examining serious allegations against another branch and the new president's election campaign.


    "With respect to the president's tweets about alleged wiretapping directed at him by the prior administration, I have no information that supports those tweets, and we have looked carefully inside the FBI," Comey said. The same was true, he added, of the Justice Department.
    (the Justice department under Donald Trump)


    Comey said the collusion inquiry began last July as part of a broader probe into Russian meddling in American politics, meaning Trump was elected president as associates remained under investigation for possible connections to Russia.

    Clinton allies on Monday contrasted Comey's silence during the campaign with public comments he made last year when closing out an investigation into Clinton's email practices and then, shortly before Election Day, announcing that the probe would be revived following the discovery of additional emails. Many Democrats blame Comey's public updates with stoking worries about Clinton's trustworthiness and turning voters against her.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  15. #3515

    Default

    For only being President for 50 days, I think he has done a lot.

  16. #3516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    ^^ That looks like Obama's itinerary for all of 2008 lol.

    Nope:

    Jan 21st 2008, Day one:
    8:00 am Save General Motors
    9:00 am Save Chrysler
    10:00 am Stop Bush's stock market slide
    etc...

    Obama actually had it easy - all he had to do was sign the bills for the USA to print more money to bail out the big banks and mega corporations. Exactly as Dubya did!

  17. #3517

    Default

    Below are the four craziest moments from Monday’s descent into Spice World, an alternative fact political universe with ever-changing rules.
    http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...ess-conference


    1. Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, was only a “volunteer” for the campaign
    During the campaign, Flynn was a top adviser and, at one point, was vetted to become Trump’s running mate. He later accepted a job as national security adviser, one of the most important roles in the West Wing, before resigning 24 days into the new administration, after it was revealed that he had not been entirely forthcoming about his conversations with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
    2. Former campaign manager Paul Manafort had only a “limited role”
    Back in the halcyon days of 2016, Paul Manafort was considered among the most powerful advisers in Trump’s orbit, after the longtime strategist was brought onboard the campaign to plot a brokered convention strategy, replacing Corey Lewandowski as Trump’s presidential campaign adviser after he won the nomination. In the following months, he oversaw the attempt to “pivot” Trump from a blustery populist firebrand into a sober, more “presidential” general election candidate, but he was forced to resign after The New York Times reported that $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments had been earmarked for the former lobbyist from a pro-Russian political party in Ukraine. (Manafort has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.)

    3. Hillary Clinton’s Russia ties are more suspicious than Trump’s Russia ties
    Before the Comey hearing, Trump attempted to divert attention from his own campaign’s relationship with Russia by claiming on Twitter that Hillary Clinton’s campaign also had contact with the Russian government. A reporter from the right-wing site One America News leaped on the tweet during Spicer’s presser, asking him to elaborate. Said Spicer:
    He then accused the Democratic Party of not looking hard enough at Clinton, a lost soul wandering the New York woods in obscurity, and instead going after Trump, the leader of the free world. “What did they get?” Spicer asked of the Russians, noting how Clinton had signed off on a uranium deal with Russia when she served as secretary of state. The man is just asking questions!

    4. Trump’s golfing habit is different from Obama’s golfing habit
    Sixty days into his presidency, Trump, who frequently criticized Obama for occasionally golfing instead of working, has played 10 rounds of golf during his weekends away from the White House. At this rate, should he remain in office for two terms, he will have played 480 rounds of golf, a number far and beyond the 306 rounds that Obama played while in the White House.

    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  18. #3518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    For only being President for 50 days, I think he has done a lot.
    I agree.

    Sorry that much of it may result in impeachment...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  19. #3519

    Default

    The hearing this morning was a waste of time.

    First off, the FBI and NSA stuck to a very narrow definition of "wire tapping", and avoided straight answers to all questions on other types of surveillance. All they did was play semantics. It was pure political theater.


    Question: "Did Obama wiretap Trump last year?"
    FBI Guy: "Well, if you are asking if Obama himself secretly broke into Trump Tower, drilled a hole in the drywall, and physically pulled the phone wires with his fingers so he could secretly listen in to Donald Trump's phone calls himself, then the answer is no - Obama did not wiretap Trump"


    Also, ALL of the FBI's evidence that Russia sought to help Trump is that it "logically followed" since Vladamir Putin hated Hillary Clinton. That's it. That theory is their "evidence" they presented.


    I can't wait to watch Sean Spicer's press beating when I get home tonight - last Friday he put that poor ABC News reporter through the ringer.

  20. #3520
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    For only being President for 50 days, I think he has done a lot.

    The people that voted for him,they agree.....

  21. #3521
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    5,658

    Default

    I'm still wondering why Trump left this Comey guy in place. He should have changed him out upon being elected. It's important to get your own guys into the system. Comey is a Hillary and Obama guy and he's likely lieing through his teeth. It's a mistake that Trump made that may cost him.

  22. #3522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I'm still wondering why Trump left this Comey guy in place. He should have changed him out upon being elected. It's important to get your own guys into the system. Comey is a Hillary and Obama guy and he's likely lieing through his teeth. It's a mistake that Trump made that may cost him.
    Interesting viewpoint considering the issues last fall.

  23. #3523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hello lady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    For only being President for 50 days, I think he has done a lot.
    The people that voted for him,they agree.....
    Opinion polls do not

    "President Donald Trump's job approval rating has dropped to 37%, while 58% of Americans disapprove of his performance so far as president, new Gallup figures show."

    At that rate, a quarter of those who voted for him, do not approve of how he is doing his job.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  24. #3524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hello lady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    For only being President for 50 days, I think he has done a lot.

    The people that voted for him,they agree.....
    Some items please.

  25. #3525
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    5,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I'm still wondering why Trump left this Comey guy in place. He should have changed him out upon being elected. It's important to get your own guys into the system. Comey is a Hillary and Obama guy and he's likely lieing through his teeth. It's a mistake that Trump made that may cost him.
    Interesting viewpoint considering the issues last fall.
    I think he was shady then and shady now. It seems he has his own agenda

  26. #3526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I'm still wondering why Trump left this Comey guy in place. He should have changed him out upon being elected. It's important to get your own guys into the system. Comey is a Hillary and Obama guy and he's likely lieing through his teeth. It's a mistake that Trump made that may cost him.
    You forget that Comey did a huge favor for Trump during the election when he partially released info on Clinton's emails.

    Here is a brief answer on Coney's 10 year term

    http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/james-...ence-election/

    Firing the FBI during all these investigations on the Trump Administration may be worse, much worse, than keeping him. It may indicate that he is getting close to pressing charges.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  27. #3527

    Default

    Under the circumstances it would be great if the more vocal critics of Trump explain exactly WHY they disapprove of his retinue's contacts with Russia.

    That means you, PRT.

    Go ahead. The floor is yours. Enlighten us.

  28. #3528

    Default

    I wonder if Obama can sue anyone. The President can apparently say anything but as for the others that are feeding Trump theories, I wonder if they have exposed themselves to any risk. Eg forever more millions of people are going to be saying Obama wiretapped Trump Tower.



    Could Obama Sue Trump for Libel Over Wiretapping Accusation? - Fox Nation


    ...By now, Obama must have had his fill of unfounded Trump-inspired accusations about everything from his citizenship to his religion; he would hardly appear thin-skinned if he attempted to hold Trump’s feet to the fire over claims of campaign corruption and misuse of power. Likely, though, even assuming Trump is lying about the wiretapping in the tweet below, there’s...
    Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
    4:35 AM - 4 Mar 2017
    http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/03/08...ing-accusation
    Last edited by KC; 20-03-2017 at 05:51 PM.

  29. #3529

    Default

    Michael Flynn,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Paul Manifort,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Carter Page,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Roger Stone,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Rex Tillerson
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    ... because of his Russian Contacts...

    Donald Trump...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  30. #3530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Michael Flynn,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Paul Manifort,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Carter Page,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Roger Stone,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Rex Tillerson
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    ... because of his Russian Contacts...

    Donald Trump...
    Do you have a problem with (your spelling) "Russian Contacts"?

    Why or why not?

  31. #3531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Michael Flynn,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Paul Manifort,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Carter Page,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Roger Stone,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Rex Tillerson
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    ... because of his Russian Contacts...

    Donald Trump...
    Funny, but quite a leap on the hiring thing. (Also racist too I suppose by characterizing the Russians in a negative light. . )
    Last edited by KC; 20-03-2017 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Changed "Russian race " to Russians so racist comment would work

  32. #3532

    Default

    ^What "Russian race"? Green men? Brown bears? What are you going on about?

  33. #3533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    ^What "Russian race"? Green men? Brown bears? What are you going on about?
    Ok, point taken, I removed "race" and left "racist".


    http://www.robot-hugs.com/definition/




    Racism - Wikipedia
    The UN does not define "racism"; however, it does define "racial discrimination": According to the 1965 UN International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination,[19]

    the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin that has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.


    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
    Last edited by KC; 20-03-2017 at 06:29 PM.

  34. #3534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Michael Flynn,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Paul Manifort,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Carter Page,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Roger Stone,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Rex Tillerson
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    ... because of his Russian Contacts...

    Donald Trump...
    Do you have a problem with (your spelling) "Russian Contacts"?

    Why or why not?
    Come again? Do you have a better spelling?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  35. #3535

    Default

    ^^It's scarcely racist if race is not applicable. ( )

    Read my post 3503 above. It would be funny if so much were not at stake. Russophobia is neither racism nor bigotry: it is in fact the natural state of affairs the civilized West has been programmed into, very much more strongly than the fear of Moslems or transient Asian competitors or even the disgust at pitiful North American aboriginals or descendants of ex-African slaves that characterizes some of the more universally condemned bigots today.
    Last edited by AShetsen; 20-03-2017 at 06:34 PM.

  36. #3536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Michael Flynn,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Paul Manifort,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Carter Page,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Roger Stone,
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    Fired because of his Russian Contacts...

    Rex Tillerson
    Hired because of his Russian Contacts,
    ... because of his Russian Contacts...

    Donald Trump...
    Do you have a problem with (your spelling) "Russian Contacts"?

    Why or why not?
    Come again? Do you have a better spelling?
    The word "contacts" should be lower-case, but spell it as you will. Answer the questions.

    Do you have a problem with Trump's retinue having contact with Russians? Why or why not?

  37. #3537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    ^It's scarcely racist if race is not applicable. ( )

    Read my post 3503 above. It would be funny if so much were not at stake. Russophobia is neither racism nor bigotry: it is in fact the natural state of affairs the civilized West has been programmed into, very much more strongly than the fear of Moslems or transient Asian competitors or even the disgust at pitiful North American aboriginals or descendants of ex-African slaves that characterizes some of the more universally condemned bigots today.
    Racist/racism can pretty much mean anything these days. Someone that holds a prejudice against a religion (such as Islam) can be called racist. Someone that calls Mexicans "rapists and murderers" can be call racist... In the early days of the use of "racialism" it was used in terms of nationhood as in the English race. This, if one puts down the people of a nation state, it appears that they can be called racist.
    Last edited by KC; 20-03-2017 at 06:36 PM.

  38. #3538

    Default

    ^As I've said (twice), Western Russophobia goes beyond racism or even bigotry. It's something deeper.

  39. #3539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    ^As I've said (twice), Western Russophobia goes beyond racism or even bigotry. It's something deeper.
    Yes, I suppose that's possible* just like the Ameriphobia that is prevalent in much of the world.

    * time to get out a dictionary and find a better superlative


    Putin in reminding the world that Russia is still a nuclear power and floating his ships offshore of Europe and Australia may be part of it.
    Last edited by KC; 20-03-2017 at 06:43 PM.

  40. #3540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    ^As I've said (twice), Western Russophobia goes beyond racism or even bigotry. It's something deeper.
    Yes, I suppose that possible, just like the Ameriphobia that is prevalent in much of the world.
    No. It's different. Here's the difference: the humanity of Americans (and of Asians, Moslems, North American aboriginals, or even Africans) is not usually denied outright. It may be diminished, but it is not denied completely.

    Russophobia in the West is truly fascinating. The Russians are your standard-nightmare enemy. The spectacle in Washington today is so typical.

  41. #3541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    ^As I've said (twice), Western Russophobia goes beyond racism or even bigotry. It's something deeper.
    Yes, I suppose that possible, just like the Ameriphobia that is prevalent in much of the world.
    No. It's different. Here's the difference: the humanity of Americans (and of Asians, Moslems, North American aboriginals, or even Africans) is not usually denied outright. It may be diminished, but it is not denied completely.

    Russophobia in the West is truly fascinating. The Russians are your standard-nightmare enemy. The spectacle in Washington today is so typical.
    A few years old but interesting:

    Vladimir Putin ups the ante with reminders Russia is a nuclear power

    http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...17-117pzr.html

  42. #3542

    Default

    ^The article was written in October 2014. Don't you think the political scene has changed a tad in the western world. Maybe try to come up with a more current article and not one that is 2 1/2 years old.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

  43. #3543

    Default

    ^^ I doubt it's the threat of being nuked that turns Western cranks.

    China can nuke you, yet you go out of your way to solicit Chinese respect and foreign investment.

    And even so, it would be just more spineless Western cowardice, considering NATO's military capabilities and actual war record.

  44. #3544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post

    The word "contacts" should be lower-case, but spell it as you will. Answer the questions.

    Do you have a problem with Trump's retinue having contact with Russians? Why or why not?
    Oh!, you are talking about Capitalization, not spelling. Really who Cares about a Typo? Are you an 4th grade language arts teacher? Calm down, YOU are getting Hysterical.
    At least I did not spell it Rushians...

    I have trouble with any Kontacts with the Russians by both the Republicans or Democrats. But you must also understand the context of those contacts.

    Obviously there are problems with Russian interference in the election and if you watched the hearings today, the FBI has been investigating since June the hacked DNC emails and have a criminal investigation on member(s) of the current administration.

    BTW, there was no evidence that the FBI has on "wiretapping" by the Obama administration or the British on his behalf. Where is Trump's proof???
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  45. #3545

    Default

    Are you an American?

    Why should YOU care whether or not there was Russian interference in the US elections?

    Even if there was, how is your life affected by it?

    Or are you just using Trump's apparent lack of Russophobia as a blunt instrument against him?
    Last edited by AShetsen; 20-03-2017 at 07:16 PM.

  46. #3546

    Default

    Does it matter where I live?

    Did it matter to me that the Russians had spies in the Manhattan Project and stole nuclear secrets before I was born. Yes, it directly affected me. I grew up during the Cold War.

    I am a Canadian and if one country as strong as the USA can have their elections manipulated by the Russians and have operatives and foreign agents in their governments is scary. If Comey did not release a sketchy report on hillary's emails and the Russians were not manipulating the election, would we have a woman President in the White Hose (not saying she would be better but at least stable except for her many terminal illnesses that caused her body double to have to take her place.)

    Did Russia interfere with the Brexit vote?

    What can happen her in Canada during the next election? You should be worried if Putin wants Trudeau to win a second term like they orchestrated to get him in in the first place.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  47. #3547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Does it matter where I live?

    Did it matter to me that the Russians had spies in the Manhattan Project and stole nuclear secrets before I was born. Yes, it directly affected me. I grew up during the Cold War.

    I am a Canadian and if one country as strong as the USA can have their elections manipulated by the Russians and have operatives and foreign agents in their governments is scary. If Comey did not release a sketchy report on hillary's emails and the Russians were not manipulating the election, would we have a woman President in the White Hose (not saying she would be better but at least stable except for her many terminal illnesses that caused her body double to have to take her place.)

    Did Russia interfere with the Brexit vote?

    What can happen her in Canada during the next election? You should be worried if Putin wants Trudeau to win a second term like they orchestrated to get him in in the first place.
    Thank you for proving my point about conditioned Russophobia so eloquently.

    The USA has influenced Canadian politics demonstrably more than Russia throughout the course of your life, but you are not concerned.
    Last edited by AShetsen; 20-03-2017 at 07:54 PM.

  48. #3548

    Default

    No you proved absolutely nothing.

    You asked me about my concern about Russia in the American election and I told you the context.

    You now make false conclusions on a question you did not even ask.

    Did you ask if I was more concerned about Russian influence or American influence in Canadian politics? You did not.

    Moreover, Captain Obvious, the USA lies just next to us on the longest undefended border in the world and $2B in goods move across the border everyday and tens of thousands of people travel across it each day and one million Canadians live in California.

    Can you say any of that about Russia?

    Quit the 'gotcha' line of questioning. You are really bad at it.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  49. #3549

    Default

    I don't do gotchas. And, yes, I stand corrected. Human beings like me can prove nothing to programmed cyborgs like you.

    But if you ever decide to go back to being human, spend some time thinking about all the times the USA has intervened in Canadian affairs.

    Bye now.

  50. #3550

    Default

    Right... Are you for real? Did you read what you wrote and your line of reasoning? Sounds like your took over B.S.High's body. LOL

    I thought I was a commie snowflake.

    Signed Cyborg y3Xok45.1

    And that is spelled with a capital X
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  51. #3551

    Default

    I've found AShetsen and Buildthemhigh to be remarkably similar. Haven't you noticed that?

  52. #3552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I've found AShetsen and Buildthemhigh to be remarkably similar. Haven't you noticed that?
    How amusing. In what way would that be?

  53. #3553
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Somebody wrote:

    I wonder if Obama can sue anyone. The President can apparently say anything but as for the others that are feeding Trump theories, I wonder if they have exposed themselves to any risk. Eg forever more millions of people are going to be saying Obama wiretapped Trump Tower.
    I think that in American libel law, in cases involving a public figure, the person suing has to prove that the other person KNEW that the allegations they were making were false. This obviously makes it more difficult for plaintiffs to win a case, than in jurisdictions where all they have to show is that the allegations were false.

    Sullivan Vs. The New York Times is the relevant SCOTUS case here, I believe.

  54. #3554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I've found AShetsen and Buildthemhigh to be remarkably similar. Haven't you noticed that?
    How amusing. In what way would that be?
    In bad ways. ..
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  55. #3555

    Default

    FBI director draws fire for apparent 'double standard' on secrets
    Trump-Russia probe began last July but was kept secret, while Clinton investigation was disclosed
    By Matt Kwong, CBC News http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/comey-t...ions-1.4033178

    As revealed during Monday's House intelligence committee hearing on Russian meddling during the U.S. election, it turns out President Donald Trump was also being scrutinized.

    FBI Director James Comey disclosed that the Republican president's campaign was under investigation since July.


    The U.S. intelligence service was evidently looking for proof of the Trump team's alleged ties to Russia, an investigation that started four months before the election and remains active.


    FBI confirms investigation into possible links between Russia, Trump associates
    But while Comey kept the Trump-Russia probe under wraps until now, his disclosure last year about the FBI's investigation into Clinton's email habits dogged her throughout her campaign.


    A pivotal declaration came just 10 days before election day, when Comey announced that emails that might be "pertinent" to the investigation were discovered on electronic devices belonging to Anthony Weiner, the estranged husband of Clinton confidante Huma Abedin.


    'Vast double standard'


    That so much focus was put on Clinton's emails while an FBI Trump investigation was simultaneously being kept secret has outraged some of Clinton's supporters. It has also revived allegations that Comey, a Republican, is acting out of politically motivated bias.


    Former Clinton staffer Philippe Reines wrote on Twitter Monday that while the FBI in July 2016 had apparently opened an investigation into Trump but released "nothing public," Comey was wrapping a probe on Clinton's emails and disparaging her that very month.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  56. #3556

    Default

    Donald Trump tweets vs FBI facts on Russian influence in US election
    http://www.news.com.au/world/north-a...c5ae2639d1faca

    US PRESIDENT Donald Trump produced a running commentary on FBI Director James Comey’s testimony to Congress.
    Thanks to the length of the hearing and the immediacy of Twitter, Mr Comey was able to comment on the president’s commentary without leaving his seat.
    It was a nearly real-time exchange that circled back on itself, like a cat chasing its tail.

    TRUMP TWEET: “The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process.”


    THE FACTS:
    No such assurance was offered by Mr Comey or his fellow witness at the hearing, National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers. They did not offer any conclusions about whether Russia succeeded in influencing the election.

    Mr Comey was asked about the tweet while he was still testifying: “I’m sorry, I haven’t been following anybody on Twitter while I’ve been sitting here.” He went on: “We’ve offered no opinion, have no view, have no information on potential impact because it’s never something that we looked at.”

    He confirmed, though, that the FBI is investigating whether and how Russia tried to shape the election, a probe he says includes any potential co-ordination between Mr Trump campaign associates and Russia’s government.

    TRUMP TWEET: “FBI Director Comey refuses to deny he briefed President Obama on calls made by Michael Flynn to Russia.”

    THE FACTS:
    “Refuses to deny” is true, but perhaps misleading. Throughout the hearing, Mr Comey declined to deny any assertion made by his questioners that mentioned General Flynn or any other individuals, explaining that the FBI is not in the business of correcting or verifying such reports.

    Gen. Flynn helped Mr Trump in the campaign, became national security adviser at the start of Mr Trump’s presidency and was fired after he was found to have misled senior members of the administration about his contacts with Russia’s top diplomat to the US.

    TRUMP TWEET: “FBI Director Comey: fmr. DNI Clapper ‘right’ to say no evidence of collusion between Russia and Trump Campaign.”

    THE FACTS: Mr Trump leaves out an important nuance in this tweet about the former director of national intelligence, James Clapper.

    Mr Comey agreed there was no evidence of collusion in a report prepared by the US intelligence community under Mr Clapper, but that’s different than saying no such evidence has been discovered.
    The January 6 report does not take up the question of contacts between Trump associates and Russia. Instead it focuses on Russia’s actions, via cyber operations and propaganda, to try to help Mr Trump’s election chances and hurt Hillary Clinton’s.

    Mr Clapper indeed said he had seen no evidence of collusion at the time he left government. But he updated that comment on Monday with a statement from spokesman Shawn Turner, saying Mr Clapper “could not account for intelligence or evidence that may have been gathered since the inauguration on January 20th.”

    Mr Comey, when asked if he was aware of collusion between Trump associates and Russia, beyond the findings of the report: “It’s not something I can comment on.”
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  57. #3557

    Default

    The Queen and Barack Obama should team up to sue Donald Trump for libel, George W Bush’s ethics lawyer says
    ‘If only they were willing’, Richard Painter said

    The former chief ethics counsel to President George W Bush has suggested the Queen pair up with former President Barack Obama to sue Donald Trump over his “libellous” claims that they wiretapped him.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7640761.html
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  58. #3558

    Default

    Arnold Schwarzenegger to Donald Trump: ‘The ratings are in and you got swamped’
    DONALD Trump attacked Arnold Schwarzenegger for his Celebrity Apprentice ratings. Now, the Terminator has had fun at the president’s low approval numbers.
    http://www.news.com.au/world/north-a...1537bf657f539f

    Donald Trump plans to scrap school meals programme that has fed 40 million of world's poorest children
    Popular McGovern-Dole project long considered model of bipartisan legislation
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7641101.html
    Former senator Bob Dole, a pillar of the Republican Party and a staunch supporter of President Trump during his campaign, has accused the president of threatening “one of the proudest achievements of my lifetime” - by cutting a programme that has provided school meals to more than 40 million children in some of the world's poorest countries.


    The McGovern-Dole Food for Education Program, a bipartisan aid enterprise championed by Dole and his Democratic Senate colleague George McGovern in the early aughts, was a casualty of the White House budget proposal released last Thursday.


    Since 2003, McGovern-Dole has provided school meals in 40 of the world's most impoverished nations, including several that are currently approaching famine.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 21-03-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  59. #3559
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    The Queen and Barack Obama should team up to sue Donald Trump for libel, George W Bush’s ethics lawyer says
    ‘If only they were willing’, Richard Painter said

    The former chief ethics counsel to President George W Bush has suggested the Queen pair up with former President Barack Obama to sue Donald Trump over his “libellous” claims that they wiretapped him.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7640761.html
    I'm pretty sure that in cases where someone makes false allegations about the UK government, the Queen herself does not personally sue them.

  60. #3560

    Default

    Rep. Schiff Opening Statement Laying Out Facts of Russia Investigation


    On Monday, March 20, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) delivered an opening statement during the open hearing of the House Intelligence Committee's investigation of the Russian interference in our elections. At the end of his opening statement, Schiff state:

    I want to say a word about our own committee investigation. You will undoubtedly observe in the questions and comments that our members make during today's hearing, that the members of both parties share a common concern over the Russian attack on our democracy, but bring a different perspective on the significance of certain issues, or the quantum of evidence we have seen in the earliest stages of this investigation. That is to be expected. The question most people have is whether we can really conduct this investigation in the kind of thorough and nonpartisan manner that the seriousness of the issues merit, or whether the enormous political consequences of our work will make that impossible. The truth is, I don’t know the answer. But I do know this: If this committee can do its work properly, if we can pursue the facts wherever they lead, unafraid to compel witnesses to testify, to hear what they have to say, to learn what we will and, after exhaustive work, reach a common conclusion, it would be a tremendous public service and one that is very much in the national interest.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  61. #3561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    The Queen and Barack Obama should team up to sue Donald Trump for libel, George W Bush’s ethics lawyer says
    ‘If only they were willing’, Richard Painter said

    The former chief ethics counsel to President George W Bush has suggested the Queen pair up with former President Barack Obama to sue Donald Trump over his “libellous” claims that they wiretapped him.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7640761.html
    I'm pretty sure that in cases where someone makes false allegations about the UK government, the Queen herself does not personally sue them.
    Actually I think it might be the case that the Queen actually does as in her case it's a title but everything is in the right of the queen...

  62. #3562

    Default

    Trump's claim about wiretapping...

    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  63. #3563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Rep. Schiff Opening Statement Laying Out Facts of Russia Investigation

    God, Schiff is a doofus - he spent over half his time asking questions that Comey warned him that he would not be able to comment on. He even brought up Roger Stone's name and Comey basically admitted that he didn't know what the hell Schiff was even talking about.

    No matter what the argument is, Adam Schiff is not a guy you really want on your side.

  64. #3564

    Default

    You do understand that these hearings and in fact most hearings, that the politicians use thes as a pulpit to make statements of their own. We saw a lot of that yesterday.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  65. #3565

    Default

    Oh, I know.

  66. #3566

    Default

    "As time goes by, there will be fewer military conflicts that the U.S. will be directly engaged in"
    - Secretary of State Rex Tillerson


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGk-Wy4FQYo

  67. #3567
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    The Queen and Barack Obama should team up to sue Donald Trump for libel, George W Bush’s ethics lawyer says
    ‘If only they were willing’, Richard Painter said

    The former chief ethics counsel to President George W Bush has suggested the Queen pair up with former President Barack Obama to sue Donald Trump over his “libellous” claims that they wiretapped him.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7640761.html
    I'm pretty sure that in cases where someone makes false allegations about the UK government, the Queen herself does not personally sue them.
    Actually I think it might be the case that the Queen actually does as in her case it's a title but everything is in the right of the queen...
    Well, yeah, but when Bush's lawyer says "the Queen should sue him", it makes it sound as if the Queen would be suing him as a private citizen, as if he had alleged that she personally had done something wrong.

  68. #3568

    Default

    Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle suggests rappers Snoop Dogg and Bow Wow should be 'killed' for Trump threats.

    A Fox News anchor said on air that rappers Snoop Dogg and Bow Wow should be “killed” for their recent attacks on U.S. President Donald Trump.


    The attacks were recently a topic on Fox News, with co-host Kimberly Guilfoyle arguing that the U.S. Secret Service should “kill them.” She added: “I think it would be fantastic if Snoop and wannabe-Snoop got a visit from, like, the federal marshals, and let’s see how tough and gangster they are then.”
    http://globalnews.ca/news/3321584/fo...rump-comments/

    How nice for the FOX to sanction murder.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 21-03-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  69. #3569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle suggests rappers Snoop Dogg and Bow Wow should be 'killed' for Trump threats.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. They should be killed for making terrible music.

  70. #3570
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St. Albert
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    This is totally reprehensible behavior. Anyone using language like this, during times like these, is asking for violence and should be publicly condemned by anyone with a brain in their head.

  71. #3571

    Default

    most people have already condemned fox news as a whole... not much of a stretch at all to condemn one/all of their hosts.

  72. #3572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle suggests rappers Snoop Dogg and Bow Wow should be 'killed' for Trump threats.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. They should be killed for making terrible music.
    And there is the so self righteous mrOilers carrying the Alt-right torch, leading the lynch mob, loading their 2nd Amendment rights and hogging the front pew on Sunday mornings...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  73. #3573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ralph60 View Post
    This is totally reprehensible behavior. Anyone using language like this, during times like these, is asking for violence and should be publicly condemned by anyone with a brain in their head.
    Alt-right Trump zombies don't have brains.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  74. #3574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph60 View Post
    This is totally reprehensible behavior. Anyone using language like this, during times like these, is asking for violence and should be publicly condemned by anyone with a brain in their head.
    Alt-right Trump zombies don't have brains.
    Doesn't it seem like there's a whole lot of bias here?

    "Early last week, Snoop Dogg took a political stand in his new music video for BadBadNotGood’s Lavender (Nightfall Remix) where he takes on police brutality and he fires a toy gun at a clown version of Trump."

    "“Ayo @realDonaldTrump shut your punk a** up talking sh** about my uncle @SnoopDogg before we pimp your wife and make her work for us.” "

    http://globalnews.ca/news/3321584/fo...rump-comments/


    The whole issue reminds me of the issues around cartoons of Mohamed and the calls to revenge derogatory depictions, or any for that matter.
    Last edited by KC; 21-03-2017 at 06:40 PM.

  75. #3575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    "As time goes by, there will be fewer military conflicts that the U.S. will be directly engaged in"
    - Secretary of State Rex Tillerson


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGk-Wy4FQYo
    Got another link?

  76. #3576

    Default

    Interesting times

    North Korea Escalates Threats with Propaganda Video Targeting US Aircraft Carriers After New Rocket Test


    http://ijr.com/2017/03/829373-north-...w-rocket-test/

  77. #3577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph60 View Post
    This is totally reprehensible behavior. Anyone using language like this, during times like these, is asking for violence and should be publicly condemned by anyone with a brain in their head.
    Alt-right Trump zombies don't have brains.
    Doesn't it seem like there's a whole lot of bias here?

    "Early last week, Snoop Dogg took a political stand in his new music video for BadBadNotGood’s Lavender (Nightfall Remix) where he takes on police brutality and he fires a toy gun at a clown version of Trump."

    "“Ayo @realDonaldTrump shut your punk a** up talking sh** about my uncle @SnoopDogg before we pimp your wife and make her work for us.” "

    http://globalnews.ca/news/3321584/fo...rump-comments/


    The whole issue reminds me of the issues around cartoons of Mohamed and the calls to revenge derogatory depictions, or any for that matter.
    I don't see anyone endorsing the video on this forum but one mrOliers is endorsing violence or murder. Pretty simple explanation of the differences.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  78. #3578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle suggests rappers Snoop Dogg and Bow Wow should be 'killed' for Trump threats.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. They should be killed for making terrible music.
    And there is the so self righteous mrOilers carrying the Alt-right torch, leading the lynch mob, loading their 2nd Amendment rights and hogging the front pew on Sunday mornings...
    Joke

    noun
    1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
    "He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him."

    2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: "Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke."

    3. a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter:
    "The loss was no joke."



    EDIT - How dare you assume I go to church!
    Last edited by MrOilers; 21-03-2017 at 07:04 PM.

  79. #3579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    "As time goes by, there will be fewer military conflicts that the U.S. will be directly engaged in"
    - Secretary of State Rex Tillerson


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGk-Wy4FQYo
    Got another link?
    Since it seems to be gone from Youtube, here is a mirror link: http://mirror.ninja/60nqig

  80. #3580

    Default

    It's no secret nor news that I don't have much use for Trump's policies and I despise the cowardly bigots that support him.

    But the hysterical Russia-pandering by Trump's opponents is equally disgusting.

    It is unthinking and cowardly.

    Born and raised during what you call the cold war or its aftermath, you dare fear being nuked.

    It's only your culture and your civilization that has ever nuked anyone and that still justifies it as some kind of mercy.

    Your nukes have distorted you. Wake up, already.
    Last edited by AShetsen; 21-03-2017 at 07:18 PM.

  81. #3581

    Default

    Yeah, there's zero chance that a nuke will be detonated in any war ever again. Not worth worrying about.

  82. #3582

    Default

    I just read Command and Control, Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident and the Illusion of Safety, by renowned investigative author, Eric Schlosser.


    I don't ascribe to your 'zero chance' belief. more
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  83. #3583

    Default

    Joke

    noun
    1. something mrOilers said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, but he thinks is real when the joke is really on him:

    2. something mrOilers thinks that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a Trumpism, Sean Spicer, or mrOilers laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: "mrOilers pretense of superiority is a joke. Trump with no ability to command is a joke."

    3. a mrOilers post that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter:
    "The threat to kill a rapper was no joke."

    Fixed that for you
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  84. #3584

    Default

    More Fake News, direct from the source.

    The White House made a series of misleading statements in an effort to put its best spin on a House intelligence committee hearing into Russia’s attempts to influence the 2016 presidential campaign: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/21/fact-check-white-house-spin-intel-hearing/99469518/

    • During the hearing, the official White House Twitter account posted this: “The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process.” FBI Director James Comey directly refuted that tweet at the hearing by saying, “It’s never something that we looked at.”
    • The White House also tweeted that former intelligence director James Clapper was “right” to say there was “no evidence of collusion between Russia and Trump Campaign.” But Clapper said he had no such information “at the time,” meaning before he left office in January.
    • White House press secretary Sean Spicer falsely said that “every person, Republican and Democrat, that has been briefed” on the investigation has concluded “there is no collusion and that that’s over.” Some have said there is circumstantial evidence that warrants further investigation.
    • The White House tweeted that the FBI director “refuses to deny he briefed President Obama on calls made by Michael Flynn to Russia,” suggesting that Comey’s response was significant. It wasn’t. Comey repeatedly said he was “not going to talk about U.S. persons.”

    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  85. #3585

    Default

    Yeah, those poor millionaire rappers. How will Snoop Dog, who depicts himself shooting Donald Trump in his video, ever go on living now that I posted that?

    (I have no problem with him "shooting" the president in a music video, by the way. I realize it's a gag, and everything acted out in a music video is pretend.)

  86. #3586

    Default

    backpeddler... LOL

    You still don't get it do you?

    Here is a hint: but he thinks is real when the joke is really on him: ROFLMAO


    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 21-03-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  87. #3587

    Default

    Meanwhile

    Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort was paid £8 million yearly in secret deal to help Vladimir Putin
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...id-10-million/

    President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, secretly worked for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Russian President Vladimir Putin a decade ago and proposed an ambitious political strategy to undermine anti-Russian opposition across former Soviet republics, The Associated Press has claimed. The allegations, if true, would appear to contradict assertions by the Trump administration and Manafort himself that he never worked for Russian interests.

    Manafort proposed in a confidential strategy plan as early as June 2005 that he would influence politics, business dealings and news coverage inside the United States, Europe and the former Soviet republics, even as U.S.-Russia relations under Republican President George W. Bush grew worse. Manafort pitched the plans to Russian aluminum magnate Oleg Deripaska, a close Putin ally with whom Manafort eventually signed a $10 million (£8 million) annual contract beginning in 2006, according to interviews with several people familiar with payments to Manafort and business records obtained by the AP. Manafort and Deripaska maintained a business relationship until at least 2009, according to one person familiar with the work. The memo, according to the AP, purports to show that part of Manafort’s pitch was that his proposals would have additional benefits for the Putin Government


    "We are now of the belief that this model can greatly benefit the Putin Government if employed at the correct levels with the appropriate commitment to success," Manafort wrote in the 2005 memo to Deripaska. The effort, Manafort wrote, "will be offering a great service that can re-focus, both internally and externally, the policies of the Putin government."
    Manafort and his associates remain in Trump's orbit. Manafort told a colleague this year that he continues to speak with Trump by telephone. Manafort's former business partner in eastern Europe, Rick Gates, has been seen inside the White House on a number of occasions. Gates has since helped plan Trump's inauguration and now runs a nonprofit organization, America First Policies, to back the White House agenda.

    Gates, whose name does not appear in the documents, told the AP that he joined Manafort's firm in 2006 and was aware Manafort had a relationship with Deripaska, but he was not aware of the work described in the memos. Gates said his work was focused on domestic U.S. lobbying and political consulting in Ukraine at the time. He said he stopped working for Manafort's firm in March 2016 when he joined Trump's presidential campaign.


    Manafort told Deripaska in 2005 that he was pushing policies as part of his work in Ukraine "at the highest levels of the U.S. government — the White House, Capitol Hill and the State Department," according to the documents. He also said he had hired a "leading international law firm with close ties to President Bush to support our client's interests," but he did not identify the firm. Manafort also said he was employing unidentified legal experts for the effort at leading universities and think tanks, including Duke University, New York University and the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  88. #3588

    Default

    11 years ago, you say? Wow. Could this be the beginning of the end for Drumpf?

  89. #3589

    Default

    Here is President Trump's sexist and racist "Secret Russian Agenda" schedule for the day:

    10:30 AM Receive daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
    11:00 AM Visit the Women in Healthcare panel hosted by Seema Verma, Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – Roosevelt Room
    11:30 AM Host a Legislative Affairs group meeting – Cabinet Room
    3:00 PM Meet with the Congressional Black Caucus Executive Committee – Oval Office
    6:30 PM Dinner with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson – Residence

  90. #3590

    Default

    ^^There is no Statute of Limitations on Treason...



    Former Trump aides deny repeated contact with Russian government
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/presiden...-contacts-fbi/
    Two key figures involved in the probe of Russian interference in the election said they did nothing illegal. Paul Manafort and Carter Page are two of the Trump campaign officials the FBI is investigating, reports CBS News correspondent Jeff Pegues.


    Former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort has flatly denied contacting anyone associated with the Russian government. And former foreign policy adviser Carter Page calls allegations that he or the campaign coordinated with Russian operatives “completely fabricated by paid consultants and private investigators.”


    Page, also the founder of an energy investment firm with business interests in Russia, said he was not in regular contact with Russian officials during the 2016 campaign.


    “I have only said hello to a few Russian officials over the course of the last year or so,” Page said.


    In July 2016, ahead of the Republican Convention, Page gave a policy speech in Moscow that drew scrutiny and later questions about his ties to the Trump campaign.


    “I made very clear that I was not in Moscow as a representative for the Trump campaign,” Page said.


    The FBI and U.S. intelligence agencies are looking into whether Trump campaign officials and other associated had repeated contact with and coordinated with Russian intelligence before the election. Also reportedly included in the FBI’s investigation is former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 22-03-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  91. #3591

    Default

    So nobody is ever allowed to talk to anyone from Russia (even as part of their job), ever. Otherwise it's treason (but only if you also know Donald Trump).


    Got it.

  92. #3592
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    9,121

    Default

    The most recent accusations against Manafort go far, far farther than that. He's alleged to have accepted tens of millions of dollars from one of Putin's right hand oligarchs, in order to advance Russia's interests in the US, Europe, and former Soviet states. Manafort, you may remember, lead Trump's campaign and got him the Republican nomination prior to being fired because his connections to Russia started to come to light. It stinks to high heaven.

    https://www.apnews.com/122ae0b5848345faa88108a03de40c5a
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 22-03-2017 at 09:54 AM.

  93. #3593

    Default

    So how did he hack the election?

  94. #3594

    Default

    Correct Marcel, the amount of money involved was very significant and statements made. This also may indicate that he was a active foreign agent in the Bush Administration. Maybe some in the Obama administration or working with the Republicans to thwart Obama. The American public deserve to know EVERYTHING, regardless of party affiliation.

    The circles are growing larger. Meanwhile, mrOliers is the Russian apologist and in total denial of any Russian involvement even before the investigations have begun. mrOilers, what proof do you have that there was no Russian involvement?

    Sean Spicer in his former job. LOL

    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  95. #3595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    So how did he hack the election?
    Subversion
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  96. #3596
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    9,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers
    So how did he hack the election?


    You're really, really bad at debate.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

  97. #3597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers
    So how did he hack the election?


    You're really, really bad at debate.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
    He moved up to LAST place after B.S.High exited. LOL
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 22-03-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  98. #3598
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    I guess Trump will be at NATO meetings.

  99. #3599

    Default

    I'm still in disbelief that someone is in such denial, the writing is pretty clear on how the election was hacked, how the russians influenced it, and why. But MrOilers is still defending Trump and the Republican party? This isn't even a hillary vs trump thing anymore. I could understand someone 'supporting' trump because hillary just wasn't that likeable as a candidate, but now that the waters are becoming very clear on who/what/where/why with Trump/Russian hacking the election...

    How are you still defending this?

  100. #3600

    Default

    Wouldn't surprise me if Trump proposed Russia join NATO.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •