Thread: Men are really creepy

Default Men are really creepy

Very interesting article here.

A daily indignity: From catcalls to inappropriate advances, women must face creepy men too often
    Former Winnipegger angered by daughters' disturbing anecdotes of men's inappropriate behaviour

excerpt:

"All of my daughters and their friends expressed utter frustration that this unwanted attention is part of everyday life. What's worse, they have gotten used to it. One remarked how it happens so much that they don't truly process how deeply it affects them.

So I asked, "How does this unwanted attention make you feel?" Here are just some of the responses:
    ..."

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/m...tary-1.3777069

C2E Hard Core Contributor

And in other news, if he's hot it's flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitlope View Post
    And in other news, if he's hot it's flattering.
    Hehe, exactly. They're only annoyed because they don't get hit on by tall attractive men. Everyone else is a creep.

Maybe every time an overweight lady with bad grammar sends me five messages in a row without a response, each progressively more aggressive, I should get an article written about how creepy it is and how it hurt my feels.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

What's really getting me is the whole anti men establishment that has crept up the last 5 years or so. It's perfectly ok to say "men are this and this" and "this and this" and nobody ever says it's misandry. Because we're just men, with no feelings and apparently are privileged. But talk about women and you're immediately labelled a misogynist and women are always a victim. And don't kid yourself, the feminists love this because as long as it's slanted in their favour they're on the good end of double standards and hypocrisy.

And these days there's evidence that young boys are being left behind within the education system and guess what? Nobody gives a f*ck. Switch the genders and it would be front page news and the liberals would launch an inquiry.

Oh to be a straight white male. We are so hard done by. . I wanted to sub to this thread before the average insecure dude response but I was too late!!
    FREE THE LOOPING .GIF MEMES
    youtube.com/GrimEmpire

Nothing insecure about it. And who mentioned white male? Not me. This has nothing to do with white men and everything do with all men. The fact is it's become socially acceptable to p1ss on men in general while it's not's socially acceptable to do it to women.

Do you understand the difference?

The fact is it's become socially acceptable to p1ss on men in general while it's not's socially acceptable to do it to women.

Yeah I guess. Men want to be held to the same standards as women now because our feelings get hurt when we get rejected. In the words of my late father 'suck it up and be a man. **** your feelings'
    FREE THE LOOPING .GIF MEMES
    youtube.com/GrimEmpire

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade View Post
    Oh to be a straight white male. We are so hard done by. . I wanted to sub to this thread before the average insecure dude response but I was too late!!
    Oh faff off with that. Straight white males are victims of stuff too bud. Just because some dipshits from another era had power does not afford me any damn privilege whatsoever. If I'm a victim of something, it's no less traumatic because some old guy in another place who I've never met made bank in the past.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Nothing insecure about it. And who mentioned white male? Not me. This has nothing to do with white men and everything do with all men. The fact is it's become socially acceptable to p1ss on men in general while it's not's socially acceptable to do it to women.

You're somewhat dissing women here, by giving them equal treatment or treating them as equals/equally worthy of criticism. That doesn't seem very socially unacceptable to me as log as some reason and factual or anecdotal evidence is eventually offered up. It's part of the debate.

However, we've all grown up knowing that women or females were not treated equally on all fronts as men or males. There were and are exclusionary practises in society for jobs, sports, military, etc. (Same but fewer socially unacceptable career practices for men: nursing, some teaching, midwifery, childcare, stay-at-home-parenting, social work, etc. where men aren't as 'welcome'.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Oh faff off with that. Straight white males are victims of stuff too bud. Just because some dipshits from another era had power does not afford me any damn privilege whatsoever. If I'm a victim of something, it's no less traumatic because some old guy in another place who I've never met made bank in the past.
    I believe when Canada was relatively more 'white' there were still a lot of 'white' males in pretty desperate impoverished positions. I guess then the argument is that that was due to other prejudices like ethnic discrimination, but nonetheless , they were white and male and poor, oppressed or whatever.

e.g..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_general_strike

My life as a woman in Canada

Women in Canada have only recently come close to equal treatment. We were not allowed to vote until WW1 (1914-1 and Quebec only granted women the vote in 1940. Even with the vote, women did not have rights separate from their husbands. Until 1929, women were not considered “persons” under our Constitution for the purpose of serving in the Senate.

I will share a sample of my experiences that hopefully young women today will find unthinkable.

I am both a psychologist and a lawyer. In the early 1960s when I told the Deans of both the Psychology Department and the Law School that I was planning to apply, their response was: “Why would we want to waste a graduate school position on a woman – you will just get married, have babies and stay home?” or “Why do you want to go to Law School – you would be the only woman?” or “Even if we accepted you – no one would give you a job – except possibly to make coffee in the back room.”

Family law: In the 1970s when couples separated, each spouse got the property he or she paid for. In most families, women bought the groceries and men bought the larger items. When they separated, women got the leftovers in the fridge and men got the home, cottage, pension, business – and the fridge. Marriage was NOT seen as a social and economic partnership and women did not have a right to an equal division of family or business property.
    Criminal law: Men in a provincial prison got to attend college and university on the only bus available and male inmates got to earn money for part-time community work. Female inmates in a nearby prison got to attend hairstyling and make-up classes inside the institution – and ...

http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/my-life-woman-canada
    Last edited by KC; 26-09-2016 at 12:47 PM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Home Depot pulling Scary Peeper Creeper from stores

Home Depot says it will pull the Scary Peeper Creeper from its shelves after a woman who saw the Halloween window decoration in a Markham, Ont., store complained it makes light of predatory behaviour against women.

Equipped with suction cups for mounting outside a window, the decoration costs $29 and features the full-sized head, face and hands of a creepy-looking, hooded man peering into a window. The decoration is made to look life-like, not cartoonish.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...lled-1.3778649

^ That's creepy. I want one!

That's a pretty bad Halloween decoration though. Want something scary? Put a clown with red eyes in your window, or some other kind of monster. This is just poor taste.

Yeah I guess. Men want to be held to the same standards as women now because our feelings get hurt when we get rejected. In the words of my late father 'suck it up and be a man. **** your feelings'
    Men also kill themselves at 4 times the rate of women. Now THERE'S some privilege. So privileged in fact that nobody gives a crap.

The guy who wrote this should listen to his girls but not encourage them to think 'guys are creepy'. There is a big difference between honest to goodness harmless flirting to being creepy. We've been walking this earth for thousands of years and male and female interactions have been going on for exactly that length of time. I'm sure there are millions of guys out there who have had unwanted advances made to them by girls they are not interested in, because they were brought up not to hurt girls feelings they are at a loss on how to handle it. There are jerks in both sexes (and the sexes in between). A blanket statement of 'guys are creepy' does a disservice to every descent guy out there.
    Last edited by Gemini; 26-09-2016 at 01:09 PM.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

What's really getting me is the whole anti men establishment that has crept up the last 5 years or so. It's perfectly ok to say "men are this and this" and "this and this" and nobody ever says it's misandry. Because we're just men, with no feelings and apparently are privileged. But talk about women and you're immediately labelled a misogynist and women are always a victim. And don't kid yourself, the feminists love this because as long as it's slanted in their favour they're on the good end of double standards and hypocrisy.

And these days there's evidence that young boys are being left behind within the education system and guess what? Nobody gives a f*ck. Switch the genders and it would be front page news and the liberals would launch an inquiry.

You're pretty funny.

Follow up a generalizing comment claiming that, essentially, all women would be OK with the is if creepy guys were good looking with another about how horrible it is that they're generalizing men as creepy.
    But the article didn't. It's not all men. Not nearly all. But it still happens way too much.
    There can only be one.

I'm not too clear on this. Are significant numbers of Canadian men engaging in this too? Should Canada be treating this as abuse as well? Sounds like fraud on all kinds of levels.

South Asia's 'disposable women'
    By Catrin Nye and Divya Talwar
    BBC Victoria Derbyshire programme
    26 September 2016

"Researchers point out that this problem also exists in Pakistan and Bangladesh - countries where marriages to people living in the UK, the US, Canada, and other nations with a large South Asian diaspora are common"

"She met women who had paid as much as £25,000 in dowry before being abandoned, women raped by their new husbands, some who were used to have a child and then abandoned and others left in India to act as carers and domestic slaves for their in-laws.

She says patriarchal culture in South Asia means being abandoned can ruin a woman's life.

"The stigma is massive and it even has an impact on other people in the family. So a woman's sister will find it harder to get married. She will find it harder to get a job, she faces financial insecurity and she's seen as damaged goods - primarily because the assumption is she's had sex."
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37472233
    Last edited by KC; 27-09-2016 at 05:20 AM.

I don't understand these cultures that worship purity and virginity. No wonder men in those cultures are angry - they've never had good sex.

Treating non-virginal women as damaged goods is reprehensible, but it's not valuing purity that's the damper on good sex.

It's the de-valuing women and treating them as an object.

The whole partner thing. You have good sex with a partner, not with an object.
    There can only be one.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

I doubt there is anyone on the planet who can honestly say their first time was "great" sex. Experience counts for something.

True, but the cool thing is, if you don't treat your partner like **** you can work on that together.
    There can only be one.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Hopefully, but some people are just bad in bed. There's no fixing that. I happen to be bad at hockey