58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton

41 70.69%
  • Trump

17 29.31%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Race for the White House

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Then he dodges military service, thanks to his Dad, gets a million from Daddy when a million was a lot of money. He uses his bullying tactics in business for decades, dodges taxes, dodges bankruptcies, works the rigged system that favors the rich to his own benefit, plays the media, strokes his own ego with a reality TV show, lies, cheats and steals his entire career and then runs for President.
    Dodging service. You aren't just describing Trump but most political candidates.
    Last edited by KC; 15-08-2016 at 09:43 AM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Then he dodges military service, thanks to his Dad, gets a million from Daddy when a million was a lot of money. He uses his bullying tactics in business for decades, dodges taxes, dodges bankruptcies, works the rigged system that favors the rich to his own benefit, plays the media, strokes his own ego with a reality TV show, lies, cheats and steals his entire career and then runs for President.
    Are you describing Trump or most presidential candidates?
    I was going to say, sounds like a perfect politician, wonder what his problem is.

Sorry, you got me mid-editing.

Opps...

Trump Campaign Chair Named in 'Black Accounts' Linked to Ukraine’s Ex-President

Ukrainian anti-corruption officials have confirmed that Donald Trump's campaign chairman's name appears in a list of so-called "black accounts" made by the country's now-toppled president.

Paul Manafort, who is playing an important role in this year's U.S. presidential election, has denied that he received any "off-the-books" payments from the Ukrainian government.

Accounts of the controversial payments surfaced this weekend when The New York Times reported Manafort's name appears on a list of payments amounting to $12.7 million between 2007 and 2012. A spokesman for the Ukrainian Anti-Corruption bureau confirmed the details in the Times story.

In the time period covered by the payment list, Manafort worked for former Ukrainian President Viktor F. Yanukovych, who was supportive of Russia's Vladimir Putin and was ousted in 2014. MORE
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

More News

Donald Trump Wouldn't Pass His Own Immigrant Screening Test
    Donald Trump is set to announce on Monday a new screening test for people seeking to immigrate to the United States — a test that Trump himself wouldn't pass if he were not an American citizen.

According to the Associated Press, Trump's new test for potential immigrants would "assess a candidate's stances on issues like religious freedom, gender equality and gay rights" by screening applicants' social media accounts and interviewing their friends and family.

If they did not support "American values like tolerance and pluralism," their immigration request would be denied. MORE
    ^ I wonder how his gay rights position is being received by rank and file GOP members?

A popular conspiracy theory is spreading in the Trump family. It’s totally false.

The unemployment rate is not a conspiracy. It is not manipulated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. And anyone who suggests otherwise is either uninformed, or trying to misinform others.

Which is to say that you shouldn't listen to Donald Trump & Co. For a year now, the alleged billionaire has insisted that the "real" unemployment rate is something like 42 percent instead of the 4.9 percent it actually is. He hasn't said how he's gotten this — maybe it's from the same "extremely credible source" who told him President Obama's birth certificate was fake? — but the simplest explanation is that he's just ballparking how many adults don't work. That's 40.4 percent right now. The problem with using that number, though, is that it counts college students and stay-at-home parents and retirees as being equally "unemployed" as people who are actively looking for work but can't find any. So it doesn't tell us too much, at least not on its own, unless you think it's a problem that we have more 70-year-olds than we used to. MORE
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 15-08-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Continued Contributor

When Donald Trump was pressed under oath during a lawsuit he initiated in 2007, he had to admit that it was actually $9 million he had recieved from his father's estate. Mr Self Made!! This whole article is great stuff, it is absolutely pathological and compulsive with him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...on/trump-lies/

It was a mid-December morning in 2007 — the start of an interrogation unlike anything else in the public record of Trump’s life.

Trump had brought it on himself. He had sued a reporter, accusing him of being reckless and dishonest in a book that raised questions about Trump’s net worth. The reporter’s attorneys turned the tables and brought Trump in for a deposition.

For two straight days, they asked Trump question after question that touched on the same theme: Trump’s honesty.

The lawyers confronted the mogul with his past statements — and with his company’s internal documents, which often showed those statements had been incorrect or invented. The lawyers were relentless. Trump, the bigger-than-life mogul, was vulnerable — cornered, out-prepared and under oath.

Thirty times, they caught him.

Trump had misstated sales at his condo buildings. Inflated the price of membership at one of his golf clubs. Overstated the depth of his past debts and the number of his employees.

The lawyer played a clip from Larry King’s talk show, in which King asked Trump how many people worked for him. “Twenty-two thousand or so,” Trump said.

“Are all those people on your payroll?” Ceresney asked him.

“No, not directly,” Trump said. He said he was counting employees of other companies that acted as suppliers and subcontractors to his businesses.

Another one. In O’Brien’s book, Trump had been quoted saying: “I had zero borrowings from [my father’s] estate. . . . I give you my word.”

Under oath:

“Mr. Trump, have you ever borrowed money from your father’s estate?”

“I think a small amount a long time ago,” Trump said. “I think it was like in the $9 million range.”

Another one. In one of his own books, Trump had said about one of his golf courses: “Membership costs $300,000. I think it’s a bargain.”

Under oath:

“In fact, your memberships were not selling at $300,000 at that time, correct?”

“We’ve sold many for two hundred” thousand, Trump said. Then, Trump pushed it upward: “We’ve sold many for, I think, two-fifty.”

But this was not the place to push it.

The lawyer had an internal Trump document that showed the true figure — “$200,000 per membership,” Ceresney said.

“Correct,” Trump acknowledged. “Right.”

Now Trump is changing his tactics. Instead of attacking crooked Hilary, he's going after the crooked media. He sites that the media um, crooked media, sorry, is constantly taking his words out of context. The worst of all this (shudder) is Trump might actually win in November. More so if (lord forbid) there is a major disaster in America like 9-11, or a timed attack like in Paris to rally the public. Meanwhile crooked Hilary has to be shaking her head, wtf is going on here? The Rosetta stone in all of this could be the missing emails. Too be honest, I've had more fun watching this gong show then the Rio Olympics.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Trump is supposed to announce his quick plan to defeat ISIS today. In it it is supposed to not only attack ISIS members but also eliminate their families . Something in contravention to the Geneva Convention.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/politi...mp-isis-fight/

I wonder if Trump's solution involves using nuclear weapons?

Trump boasts that he knows more about ISIS than the US Generals, yet could not name the leader of ISIS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...al-Julani.html
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 15-08-2016 at 11:26 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Dodging service. You aren't just describing Trump but most political candidates.
    Of Trump's generation, yeah. Obviously Obama was too young for the Vietnam draft. It is interesting though, that Trump has repeatedly denigrated John McCain's military service, while he himself used bogus medical deferments to avoid it: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...aptured-120317

And this stuff about Manafort and Yanukovich is suspicious as can be. Yanukovich was well known to be looting his country and in Putin's pocket, and Manafort was advising him. Now he's Trump's campaign chair, and Trump's cozying up to Putin? That stinks to high heaven.
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 15-08-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Default Trumps latest tactics

Trump reminds me of the classic pig that likes to wrestle in the mud and enjoys dragging everyone else into it.

I think his supporters are angry and perhaps they just want to lash out mindlessly at anyone and anything and he seems to be channeling that - I get that. However, I think that type of politics also turns a lot of people off, so I am not sure it accomplishes much in the end, especially if the lashing out is mindless. A recent poll in the US had some women with young children commenting that Trumps behavior reminded him of how their two year olds act. Needless to say they weren't going to vote for him despite their previous political leanings, in part because of his behavior. Would you want someone who acts like a two year old to run a country with nuclear weapons?

I happen to believe that there is room for legitimate disagreement on issues in politics (not that Trump talks much about issues and policies) without resorting to calling all your opponents and anyone who challenges you derogatory names. However, I suppose if you can't win with facts, reason and policy, maybe all you can do is to resort to name calling to distract everyone, try get attention and hope it brings everyone else down to your level.

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Now Trump is changing his tactics. Instead of attacking crooked Hilary, he's going after the crooked media. He sites that the media um, crooked media, sorry, is constantly taking his words out of context. The worst of all this (shudder) is Trump might actually win in November. More so if (lord forbid) there is a major disaster in America like 9-11, or a timed attack like in Paris to rally the public. Meanwhile crooked Hilary has to be shaking her head, wtf is going on here? The Rosetta stone in all of this could be the missing emails. Too be honest, I've had more fun watching this gong show then the Rio Olympics.

Trump solution to everything...

"I was just kidding, don't you understand sarcasm???"

Trump is supposed to announce his quick plan to defeat ISIS today. In it it is supposed to not only attack ISIS members but also eliminate their families . Something in contravention to the Geneva Convention.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/politi...mp-isis-fight/

I wonder if Trump's solution involves using nuclear weapons?

Trump boasts that he knows more about ISIS than the US Generals, yet could not name the leader of ISIS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...al-Julani.html
    I could see dropping a nuke on where the ISIS Caliphate lives, maybe but would that stop ISIS? Is Bin Laden really dead? it hasn't stopped Al Qaeda from launching terrorist attacks even if he is dead.

There's enough Google information on ISIS, where anyone could make that claim. ISIS is like Anonymous, they could be anywhere. Sure it would make sense to keep local Mosques under surveillance but that's not how these terrorists get radicalized. Radicalization (Most not all) is all done through email and forums like this. look at the most recent case of Aaron Driver. This guy was ready to go to war like Jihadi John. Personally I think one of the best way's to stop terrorism is to shut down the Internet but that's unrealistic.

"Donald Trump’s top spokeswoman, Katrina Pierson, is saying some very strange things"
    Donald Trump's national spokeswoman offered a pretty stunning accusation during an appearance on Fox Business Network on Monday morning. She alleged that members of the political media have "literally beat Trump supporters into submission."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...gs-this-month/

Dropping nukes on ISIS will kill far more innocent people than it will ISIS members. Not to mention the toxic cloud that will linger for days. The toxins in the earth that will render it unlivable on for a centry or so. The looming cases of cancer or birth defects resonate for generations after.
    A nuke on ISIS will enrage the middle eastern countries. As for Trump going after family members of ISIS. It sounds so easy to Trump but he should realize that that tactic can work both ways. Terrorists infiltrating New York could target his family members (or even Trump himself) and cause them no end of grief. Sure it's a knee jerk reaction to want to nuke the enemy but it is most definitely not the answer as too many innocent civilians get killed, maimed, displaced etc.
    Last edited by Gemini; 15-08-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

"Donald Trump’s top spokeswoman, Katrina Pierson, is saying some very strange things"
    Donald Trump's national spokeswoman offered a pretty stunning accusation during an appearance on Fox Business Network on Monday morning. She alleged that members of the political media have "literally beat Trump supporters into submission."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...gs-this-month/
    Trump and his whole election entourage treat their supporters like sheeple. Trump himself manipulates them, his handlers manipulate them now they are saying the political media manipulates them. They really do believe they are sheeple except his followers don't seem to realize that.
    Trump basically is saying that they can be manipulated by anyone.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Trump is quite fine manipulating his followers, he just doesn't want anyone else to. And for him, "manipulate" means "tell them anything other than what I say."

Some chuckles here: #KatrinaPiersonHistory https://twitter.com/hashtag/KatrinaP...story?src=hash

My fave so far: "When will Obama apologize for Nickleback?"
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

Interesting. I'd been running partly with the dislocation or fear of dislocation due to globalization idea but may be wrong in doing so.

WHAT WE LEARNED ABOUT TRUMP’S SUPPORTERS THIS WEEK
    By Ryan Lizza , AUGUST 13, 2016

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-...ters-this-week

Also, happened to checkout this site for a pro-Trump article and then looked at the overall news presentation on it. Pretty interesting. Will have to look for more news sites that pro-Trump voters likely visit.

http://www.breitbart.com

Let's use this as a thread for the very best Pro-Trump (or at least neutral) websites out there. I will add more and more as you all comment.
    breitbart.com
    thegatewaypundit.com
    drudgereport.com

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...rump_websites/

Trump is going to flame out before the election. It will be around the time he has to debate Hillary. His true incompetence will come to the fore. All Hilary has to do is say very little or nothing. Just let Trump talk himself into a frenzy on the first debate. I even think Trump will try to get those debates cancelled. He'll come up with some lame b.s. to do so.

Right about now he's starting to get really bored. His personality contest is over, he's got all the supporters and sycophants he can get, and his organizational laziness is coming back to bite him. I half expect that some "medical" issue will be his out, and he can garner some last bit of sympathy before he goes into hiding from all the followers he'll dump, maybe some of those "second amendment" people.

With the state of the numbers right now the discussion is likely moot. No candidate in American history has come back from as far behind as he is now. We're into whatever the female equivalent of a "dead hooker or a live boy" is for Clinton to lose.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Can someone with PhotoShop add flames???

source

^^Well, no candidate has ever been like him either and gone so far. But if he smells he's going to lose then he'll want to bail, like 2 divorces and 4+ business bankruptcies. Then the entertainment value is "how?" Blowhards like him don't go away easily or quietly.

I agree it's Clinton's race to lose - all her negatives are in the past, while DT and his "greatest minds" keep making new ones daily.

How long until Vegas starts computing odds and taking bets on his exit?

A week ago it was 246/135/154
    This week it is 273/101/164

Right now polls show Donald Trump losing every single swing state
    Updated by Andrew Prokop on August 15, 2016
    http://www.vox.com/2016/8/15/1245524...mp-polls-today

Next up: Polling Is Rigged!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
    With the state of the numbers right now the discussion is likely moot. No candidate in American history has come back from as far behind as he is now. We're into whatever the female equivalent of a "dead hooker or a live boy" is for Clinton to lose.
    As I've said before, it's difficult to apply past precedent to a candidate like Trump, because he and the movement behind him are so unconventional. I'd agree that at this point it's incredibly unlikely that he could come back, but all bets are off if there's a large terrorist attack in the US or some other significant geo-political event (ISIS setting off a dirty bomb in Syria, Russia invading more of Ukraine or another country, banking collapse in Italy, etc).

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Next up: Polling Is Rigged!
    heh, that's so 2012. There was a huge belief among the Republicans that the polling showing Romney going down to defeat was all biased, so some intrepid goofballs started up a website that "unskewed" the polls. And it gained a lot of popularity with that portion of the electorate. Of course, it was totally wrong, as the creator of the website admitted soon after the election: http://www.businessinsider.com/unske...barone-2012-11

And it wasn't just the electorate that drank the Kool-Aid, either. Apparently Romney and Ryan themselves were stunned when they lost, even though polling was pretty clear for weeks if not months before that they were going to lose: http://www.thewire.com/politics/2012...d-polls/58852/
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 15-08-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Okay, I'm just gonna plop my 2cents here.

Personally, I would really like to see Trump win, not because of his ideals, but as a test of the American system. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it's quite evident to see that the POTUS have basically become puppets and mere figureheads. Doesn't matter who wins this election, I'm inclined to believe that once they are in office, the people who really pull the strings will guide the POTUS accordingly -- namely the mega corporations, and special interest groups who yield both the capital and sphere of influence. There are very few opportunities for the POTUS to act independently - especially in areas which have far reaching effects. Obama is a great example. Lots of promise but he hardly accomplished any of his campaign promises. His rallying cry for "change" basically became status quo. It's a different reality once you get into the Oval office and you meet with your "advisors" and the POTUS is expected (and I will go as far to say "directed") to act a certain way.

And this is why I would love seeing Trump win. Right now he spewing a lot of grandiose - but his ability to carry through if he's elected is another matter. Should he get elected and carries out his vagrant disregard to an established system, I expect he would be getting "Warnings". If he gets elected, and does nothing radical, it just reaffirms that the POTUS is a figurehead.

Of course they are a figurehead, especially/namely, when your party doesn't control the house or the senate. It isn't rocket science and you can't simply veto decision everything. The system has certain fail safes in place, so that the POTUS can't go off doing whatever they want. You could definitely do more good/damage if you control both the senate/house though.

I agree that Obama did have a lot of promise. What went on was that the GOP made a political decision to be obstructionist and say no to every proposal and bill, even if it was a part of the RNC platform.

As an example, Obama took Romney's Massachusetts health care reforms to a National level and the GOP fought him every step of the way, voting 50 times against it.

I agree that Obama did have a lot of promise.
    Promise is all Obama had, really. He was the Hopey-Changey answer that believers of things like The Secret (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(book)) were voting for. That, and he's black. Little else to recommend him because by then he'd hardly done anything of note. Being editor of the Harvard Law Review, then a community organizer, then some sleight-of-hand to get a Senate seat, and he was the Dem's Machurian candidate and people ate that stuff up.

The Republicans and Tea Party helped out a lot by being recalcitrant dicks though.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I agree that Obama did have a lot of promise. What went on was that the GOP made a political decision to be obstructionist and say no to every proposal and bill, even if it was a part of the RNC platform.

As an example, Obama took Romney's Massachusetts health care reforms to a National level and the GOP fought him every step of the way, voting 50 times against it.
    The Republican party, and specifically Mitch McConnell, was unequivocal in saying that the Republican party's only goal after the 2008 election was to make Obama a one term President. Before he'd even had his inauguration, they declared that. And subsequently, they obstructed absolutely everything that Obama and the Democrats attempted legislatively.

Somewhat agreed that Obama was a disappointment, even taking the above in to account. He's a phenomenal public speaker and supposedly an extremely intelligent constitutional scholar. But he was and is very, very poor at the gritty work of politics. He was apparently too aloof to bother rubbing shoulders and playing golf with Congressmen and Senators in order to curry favor and get votes. Democrats complained about his deficiencies in that regard quite a bit, not just Republicans. And his foreign policy has been mediocre at best. Drawing a red line in Syria and then not responding when Assad started gassing his citizens was a huge blunder that significantly undermined American foreign policy, possibly for years and decades to come.
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 15-08-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Clinton solution to Isis is to do nothing. VOTE Trump and he will go after the undesirables and get things done without worrying about the polly correct wingnuts crying!

TRUMP is a guy that will get her was done, not form some lefty committee and study the issues to 2 years at taxpayer expense.
    Last edited by Cardinal Fang; 15-08-2016 at 04:53 PM.
    make America GREAT TRUMP!

^Well, his mouth will...

Last edited by Cardinal Fang; 15-08-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.ike View Post
    Okay, I'm just gonna plop my 2cents here.

Personally, I would really like to see Trump win, not because of his ideals, but as a test of the American system. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it's quite evident to see that the POTUS have basically become puppets and mere figureheads. Doesn't matter who wins this election, I'm inclined to believe that once they are in office, the people who really pull the strings will guide the POTUS accordingly -- namely the mega corporations, and special interest groups who yield both the capital and sphere of influence. There are very few opportunities for the POTUS to act independently - especially in areas which have far reaching effects. Obama is a great example. Lots of promise but he hardly accomplished any of his campaign promises. His rallying cry for "change" basically became status quo. It's a different reality once you get into the Oval office and you meet with your "advisors" and the POTUS is expected (and I will go as far to say "directed") to act a certain way.

And this is why I would love seeing Trump win. Right now he spewing a lot of grandiose - but his ability to carry through if he's elected is another matter. Should he get elected and carries out his vagrant disregard to an established system, I expect he would be getting "Warnings". If he gets elected, and does nothing radical, it just reaffirms that the POTUS is a figurehead.
    This is basically checking to see if the gun is loaded by putting it to your head and pulling the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post

And this stuff about Manafort and Yanukovich is suspicious as can be. Yanukovich was well known to be looting his country and in Putin's pocket, and Manafort was advising him. Now he's Trump's campaign chair, and Trump's cozying up to Putin? That stinks to high heaven.
    Yes, this Manafort issue could make Hillary's email server look like a coffee stain compared to the huge mess that Trump could end up with. Manafort is very closely tied with both political and business interests with heavyweights in Russia.

Paul Manafort’s Work in Ukraine Becomes U.S. Campaign Issue

Mr. Manafort’s Ukraine work has become an issue for him and the Trump campaign, for which he serves as chairman. Following a report in the New York Times, Ukraine’s top anticorruption prosecutor said Monday that Mr. Manafort’s name was in secret records of off-the-books payments made by Mr. Yanukovych’s pro-Russian Party of Regions from 2007 to 2012, and that Ukrainian investigators are looking into the ledger.
    <snip>
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-man...sue-1471294056

Secret Ledger in Ukraine Lists Cash for Donald Trump’s Campaign Chief
    The role of the offshore companies in business dealings involving Mr. Manafortcame to light because of court filings in the Cayman Islands and in a federal court inVirginia related to an investment fund, Pericles Emerging Markets. Mr. Manafortand several partners started the fund in 2007, and its major backer was Mr.Deripaska, the Russian mogul, to whom the State Department has refused to issue avisa, apparently because of allegations linking him to Russian organized crime, acharge he has denied.

Mr. Deripaska agreed to commit as much as $100 million to Pericles so it couldbuy assets in Ukraine and Eastern Europe, including a regional cable television andcommunications company called Black Sea Cable. But corporate records and courtfilings show that it was hardly a straightforward transaction.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us...ald-trump.html
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 15-08-2016 at 09:52 PM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

That's too funny Slick Willy, bet she loves for this..lol

Bill Might Have Just Stirred Up More Trouble For Hillary

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/b...#ixzz4HT6vsWxe

live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

The U S A 2016 election boils down to a 'he said she said' pissing competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM but you know Trump is the bad guy Lmao and the sheep will vote for her

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    With Trump pissing BS

Donald Trump's Invented History of the Iraq War
    The Republican presidential nominee spun stories about the events surrounding September 11th to demonstrate his mettle. Does it matter that much of it was fiction?

To begin with, Trump declared:
    I was an opponent of the Iraq war from the beginning—a major difference between me and my opponent. Though I was a private citizen, whose personal opinions on such matters was not sought, I nonetheless publicly expressed my private doubts about the invasion.
    By way of proof, Trump cited an interview with FOX’s Neil Cavuto, conducted several months before the invasion, and about which he recalled saying the following lines: “Perhaps [we] shouldn’t be doing it yet,” and “the economy is a much bigger problem.”
    Over on the internet, Trump’s contention that he was publicly against the invasion was met with immediate derision. Among the sources cited to the contrary was Politifact, which as recently as June 22nd rated Trump’s campaign statements about his opposition to the war as “false,” and concluded:
    We searched newspaper articles and television transcripts from 2002 and 2003 amid the debate leading up to the Iraq War. We didn’t find any examples of Trump unequivocally denouncing the war until a year after the war began.
    The site did, however, link to a 2002 interview with Howard Stern, in which Trump was asked whether he supported the looming invasion and responded “Yeah, I guess so.” Surprising exactly no one, Trump did not mention this interview in his speech on Monday.

As far as the cautionary foresight that Trump had been touting?
    This is his full quote from the Cavuto interview:
    Well, [the president] has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps shouldn’t be doing it yet, and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of 
pressure. He’s—I think he’s doing a very good job.
    “Do it or don’t do it,” is not the same thing as “don’t do it.” And, “I think the president is doing a very good job,” is not the same thing as “the president is taking the country to war and I believe it is wrong.”

Apparently impervious to this reality, Trump continued onwards in his storytelling about the events surrounding September 11th, listing the many ways in which he had been righter, and wiser, than those in power. If the Iraq invasion had been a mistake, then its aftermath had been a gross miscalculation of epic proportions.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/08/donald-trump-and-the-mythmaking-of-911/495986/

With a whole lot of help from the media!

Yeah, FOX news is conspiring against Trump. Boo Hoo!

GOP concerned after polling trends signal Trump's coattails could harm congressional candidates
    While Donald Trump is making Republican Party elders nervous amid concerns over his lack of discipline and grassroots infrastructure, another major problem may be brewing -- as polling trends signal the potential damage the campaign could do to Republican congressional candidates and GOP control of Congress.

"Just about everybody has recognized that the Republican Party is deeply divided, and really, it's in a mess," said Larry Sabato of the University of Virginia Center for Politics. "And I think Donald Trump would agree because he's not getting the kind of support that he thinks he deserves."
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...andidates.html

Giuliani appears to make error in speech backing Trump

NEW YORK – Rudolph Giuliani, promoting Donald Trump's national security plan, said Monday that in the "eight years before (President Barack) Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the United States." That's an apparent omission of the largest terror attack in United States history.

Giuliani was mayor of New York City on Sept. 11, 2001 and in the hours after the World Trade Center fell, while then-President George W. Bush was largely unseen, he became the face of American grief and determination. His brave and graceful performance in the weeks after the towers' collapse earned him the nickname "America's mayor" and he was soon launched into national political stardom, his name synonymous with the response to the attacks. That made his comments Monday all the more puzzling.

"Under those eight years, before Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the United States. They all started when Clinton and Obama got into office," Giuliani said ahead of Trump's speech on national security.

The eyebrow-raising comments, which were immediately lampooned on social media, were a far cry from Giuliani's usual speeches, which are often peppered with references to the resolve New Yorkers displayed after the attacks. In fact, his discussions of the attacks were so common that Vice President Joe Biden once said of him there were "only three things he mentions in a sentence: A noun, a verb and 9/11."

Jake Menges, a spokesman for the former mayor, told The Associated Press on Monday evening that Giuliani was referring to a lack of major attacks during the remainder of Bush's term.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ing-trump.html
    9/11 happened under Bush's watch.

A slightly bigger event than the Benghazi attack.

Donald Trump Surrogate Gets Busted Repeatedly By CNN Anchor For Making Stuff Up

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/donald-tr...king-stuff-up/

Donald Trump Has Spent Zero Dollars on TV Ads in the General Election

By Josh Voorhees http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...on_tv_ads.html
    Donald Trump has spent $0—as in zero—on paid television advertising during his general election campaign. That’s the latest finding from NBC News, which has teamed up with an analysis firm to track how much each White House hopeful is paying to get his or her message on the airwaves. Making Trump’s complete lack of spending even more remarkable is the fact that Hillary Clinton has already shelled out $61 million on television ads over the same time.

Donald Trump is still spending less on TV ads than Jill Stein
    (green Party)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...an-jill-stein/
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 16-08-2016 at 01:19 PM.

Amazing speech by Trump on Radical Islam immigrants.

He specifically talks about the Orlando shootings. He forgets that the shooter was born in the US and was an American Citizen.

Looks like he had real difficultly saying LG - - - BT- - - Q

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...licy/#comments

Stunning 83-second clip that shows exactly how much Trump is fibbing about his past positions.

His last comment of how a billionaire was in power in Libya is truly head spinning.

"Facts are notorious for their liberal bias."
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 16-08-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Trump has been getting free media coverage because he either knows how to capture it or he's just plain lucky. Controversy rarely needs to be paid for. Just be a person running for the biggest office in the world and say a lot of controversial over the top things and the press will be there to record it for free. The media circus will follow him no matter what. The only way it may stop is for him to drop out or they find something on him and he is forced out. If he dropped out and the Pence picked up the banner for the republicans I doubt he would get the same coverage.

I still think the campaign hasn't really started, and it wouldn't surprise me if Trump does some advertising closer to when it actually matters. It won't be until the debates, and the last few weeks, that people will really engage in what the candidates are saying, and what style they are voting for. More of the same, or a different direction, it will be interesting.

Or he spends nothing on his campaign and throws in the towel saying, "I'm out'here, the whole system is rigged, the media is rigged and the election is rigged", "Now where did the valet attendant park my yacht?"

Trump has been getting free media coverage because he either knows how to capture it or he's just plain lucky.
    He knew his existing media presence would be enough to get him initial notice, and then his "straight talking" (sarcasm there) got him lots more and he was off to the races. The media happily trotted along at this free gift, stroking his ego. When the media (or anyone else for that matter) says anything he doesn't like he pulls out his thesaurus of shock and indignation and character attack language and gets more attention. And thus it goes around and around...

Unfortunately with most media mediums being on 24/7 there is a lot of time slots to fill. Any inane thing Trump says gets repeated ad nauseam. It's the top of the news on most stations then it's discussed by the usual talking heads for hours at a time. What's the implications of this or that. The implications will be none as Trump will not be in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    I still think the campaign hasn't really started, and it wouldn't surprise me if Trump does some advertising closer to when it actually matters.
    That's what I think as well. It doesn't matter what people think in August. It only matters what people think in November.

Here is an explanation for how Trump has gotten so far with his constant off the cuff comments and outright lies.

Surprisingly it is a frank admission from a conservative talk show host that it has been a consequence of a long term conservative campaign to discredit the MSM.

Toronto Star

Sykes went viral on Twitter this weekend for a remarkable admission he made to Business Insider. By spending 20 years “demonizing” the mainstream media, he said, he and his fellow conservative-media personalities created a “monster”: a party base that does not believe the “gatekeepers” that would normally help them separate fact from fiction.

Speaking to the Star, Sykes said he doesn’t know where the party or the country goes from here.
    “That’s why it’s so alarming,” he said. “At one point you had institutions that enable us to recover — that we can absorb these kinds of assaults and there would be a necessary corrective. But what if we’ve blown them all down?”
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Trump will win in November for several reasons. There are a lot of misogynistic attitudes in America (not shared by this poster) that America is not ready to have a woman as President. There's been examples to disprove my claim but America has had two terms of democratic rule. The tide is about to change. A presidential democratic appetite in America is getting old and sour and with the emergence of ISIS in Obama's term, its heralding a time for change.

Wishful thinking on your part.

Latest poll in Florida today puts Trump 9 points behind Clinton. It is not going to be a land slide. Trump will be buried in an avalanche.

Down 9 in Florida, we have to ask: When is Donald Trump going to try to win this election?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...this-election/
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 16-08-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post
    Here is an explanation for how Trump has gotten so far with his constant off the cuff comments and outright lies.
    Maybe he learned it from Trudeau? All those lies about policies he was supposedly going to do, that are all shelved now. They are both products of todays media, just a different tone.

At least Trump is keeping his shirt on... +1

Trudeau had at least prior Parliamentary experience +1
    Trudeau did have better hair +2

Latest poll in Florida today puts Trump 9 points behind Clinton. It is not going to be a land slide. Trump will be buried in an avalanche.

Down 9 in Florida, we have to ask: When is Donald Trump going to try to win this election?
    Anything can happen between now and November.

The exceedingly cynical in me is drawn to the theory he doesn't want to win and perhaps didn't even want to win the nomination but his plan to get a lot of publicity backfired. It would explain the lack of spending and that he seems to be saying things designed to discredit himself.

Whatever the case he currently has the worst numbers I've ever seen on a campaign at this stage it's exceedingly unlikely he can recover. For those who really believe he will win then now would be a great time to place some bets or play a prediction market.

Whatever the case he currently has the worst numbers I've ever seen on a campaign at this stage it's exceedingly unlikely he can recover.
    His numbers are basically what McCain achieved, and McCain ran a very safe boring campaign. There is a lot of upside for Trump, he has won every debate he has gone into, against experienced political veterans. I think he will have warmonger / hedgefund / crooked Hillary for dinner, but we will see, it will sure be fun regardless.

Whatever the case he currently has the worst numbers I've ever seen on a campaign at this stage it's exceedingly unlikely he can recover.
    His numbers are basically what McCain achieved, and McCain ran a very safe boring campaign. There is a lot of upside for Trump, he has won every debate he has gone into, against experienced political veterans. I think he will have warmonger / hedgefund / crooked Hillary for dinner, but we will see, it will sure be fun regardless.
    McCain and Obama ran very close and traded leads a few times. In mid August McCain and Obama were polling 45/45. Clinton has always polled above Trump.

McCain never polled below 40. In the the last couple of months Trump has mostly polled below 40 (currently 37) and has never been ahead of Clinton.

So I'd say he's not pulling anything close to the numbers McCain pulled over the course of his campaign. A better comparison might be Gore and Bush. Bush had an 11 point lead at this stage of the campaign and only ended up winning on a technicality as Gore completely overtook him. Dukakis had a huge lead on Bush in July but had lost it by this stage.

As for debates, we'll have to see if they even happen. Trump keeps asking for conditions (not sure what) and it's hard to say what incentive Clinton has to debate him at all. Either of them could chose to forgo debates completely, it has happened before, although not for a long time.

123 Republican Leaders Urge RNC to Cut Off Funding to Trump
    "We believe that Donald Trump's divisiveness, recklessness, incompetence, and record-breaking unpopularity risk turning this election into a Democratic landslide
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-trump-w434687

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post

Anything can happen between now and November.
    Early voting begins in just 6 weeks. There is little time to turn a 70 year old Titan-ic with a very poor judgement rudder.

He has already stated that he will not pivot and is going full steam ahead. Damn the torpedoes!
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 16-08-2016 at 05:42 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

The exceedingly cynical in me is drawn to the theory he doesn't want to win and perhaps didn't even want to win the nomination but his plan to get a lot of publicity backfired. It would explain the lack of spending and that he seems to be saying things designed to discredit himself.
    Heh, I'm pretty cynical too, but Occam's Razor is useful as always. What's more likely?

A) He's a blowhard buffoon who is profoundly ignorant of pretty much everything and yet so arrogant that he thinks he can just waltz in to a Presidential election campaign and win it simply because he's just so tremendous.

or

B) This was all part of a well calculated plan by an otherwise well adjusted, intelligent, and well versed media operator to bolster his brand and gain publicity that took on a life of it's own and now he just can't figure out how to get off the train, outside of totally destroying his public image in many people's eyes by saying absolutely idiotic things on the regular.

I know which scenario I think is more likely.

I vote for mostly A + now B + he's an attention-whore. He's been saying idiotic things since he started, no exit strategy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Heh, I'm pretty cynical too, but Occam's Razor is useful as always. What's more likely?

A) He's a blowhard buffoon who is profoundly ignorant of pretty much everything and yet so arrogant that he thinks he can just waltz in to a Presidential election campaign and win it simply because he's just so tremendous.

or

B) This was all part of a well calculated plan by an otherwise well adjusted, intelligent, and well versed media operator to bolster his brand and gain publicity that took on a life of it's own and now he just can't figure out how to get off the train, outside of totally destroying his public image in many people's eyes by saying absolutely idiotic things on the regular.

I know which scenario I think is more likely.
    C) He's a blowhard buffoon who is executing a poorly calculated plan to bolster his brand.

If it was well executed he wouldn't be in the position he's in now and even as a blowhard buffoon he has demonstrated some skill at the publicity game despite his other failings. He's succeeded to the degree he has been always driving forwards no matter the calamity and that could be the case now.

I vote for mostly A + now B + he's an attention-whore. He's been saying idiotic things since he started, no exit strategy there.
    Based on his history I'm not sure he ever has an exit strategy.

Based on his history I'm not sure he ever has an exit strategy.
    He has in his past, but that usually meant bailing out (2 marriages, 4+ businesses), or suing to avoid fulfilling his side of a deal. One could figure he'll do both: bail through some face-saving other-blaming excuse, and then sue those who've wronged him.

All the way keeping his name ever-present.

Sad example of bigotry that lead to murder.

Tulsa Man Stanley Majors Allegedly Killed Khalid Jabara After Calling Him "Dirty Arab"

Family Of Tulsa Murder Victim Spent Years Dealing With Neighbor

TULSA, Oklahoma - The family of a Tulsa murder victim said the man accused of the killing had harassed, threatened and attacked the victim, and his mother, for years.
    They said they’re frustrated and feel someone dropped the ball after they’d tried everything to get help.

Khalid Jabara’s family said Vernon Majors had attacked their mother, violated a protective order she had against him, and that Jabara had called police 90 minutes before he was killed. http://www.newson6.com/story/3276518...-with-neighbor

"My family lived in fear of this man and his hatred for years. Yet in May, not even one year after he ran over our mother and despite our repeated protests, he was released from jail with no conditions on his bond—no ankle monitor, no drug/alcohol testing, nothing.
    "This suspect had a history of bigotry against our family. He repeatedly attacked our ethnicity and perceived religion, making racist comments. He often called us “dirty Arabs,” “filthy Lebanese,” “Aye-rabs,” and “Mooslems”—a fact highlighted by the Tulsa Police Department who also heard these comments from the suspect. The suspect’s bigotry was not isolated to us alone. He made xenophobic comments about many in our community -- “filthy Mexican” and the “n” word were all part of his hateful approach to anyone from a different background.
    "Today, in our pain, we are also keenly aware that this is not just another murder to be added to crime statistics. Our brother’s death could have been prevented. This man was a known danger. He intentionally tried to kill our mother less than one year ago when he ran her over with his car. Based on his racist comments towards us, he should have been charged with a hate crime then. He should not have been released without monitoring. Yet he was released and put back next door to us, the family he assaulted just months before. This is troubling at any time, but profoundly disturbing given the current climate of our country and the increase nationally in cases of hate crimes.
    Open question to Donald Trump.

What do you do with homegrown terrorists?

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post
    Maybe he learned it from Trudeau? All those lies about policies he was supposedly going to do, that are all shelved now. They are both products of todays media, just a different tone.
    Both Trump and Trudeau have B'S'ed big time. The only difference is that Captain Selfie does it with more refinement. Trudeau is more polished at polishing political turds. Trudeau also thinks that because he's Trudeau he his fibs will be forgotten or forgiven. Trump, well he's a full bore boar. Doesn't care what he says, doesn't care where it lands.
    Last edited by Gemini; 16-08-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Amazing speech by Trump on Radical Islam immigrants.

He specifically talks about the Orlando shootings. He forgets that the shooter was born in the US and was an American Citizen.

Looks like he had real difficultly saying LG - - - BT- - - Q

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...licy/#comments

Stunning 83-second clip that shows exactly how much Trump is fibbing about his past positions.

His last comment of how a billionaire was in power in Libya is truly head spinning.

Seriously how dense are you as a person . 1st of all the shooter was muslim and a liberal that shot up Orlando the ignorance of your understanding of politics is staggering. His father who was not born in the USA ran for president in Iraq . 2nd fact Like I posted with Videos Khaddafi was loved by the in Libya was not killing his own people . So if you're going to make quotes on here maybe get your facts straight aquire a little knowledge then just quoting the liar tube because honestly to me you look like a mentally challenged person . You know exactly 0 about the inner workings of politics and just apes what you hear or sees buying all the ******** by the boat load. I feel embarrased for your view is something I would expect from a junior high student trying to explain how politics work.

Are you kidding me??? I stated "He forgets that the shooter was born in the US and was an American Citizen." which is a well known fact. He was born, November 16, 1986, New Hyde Park, New York, U.S

I was talking about Trump and his immigration policy that would not have prevented him from being in the country.

Your personal attack is not called for.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 16-08-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Are you kidding me??? I stated "He forgets that the shooter was born in the US and was an American Citizen." which is a well known fact. He was born, November 16, 1986, New Hyde Park, New York, U.S

I was talking about Trump and his immigration policy that would not have prevented him from being in the country.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...an-should-know His Father also a registered Democrat is a huge Taliban supporter and I made a error he ran In Afghanstan not Iraq. And the majority off all the shooters in the USA are democrats . Not surprising though considering their platform has 0 to do with any moral standards. The shooter father was also at a Hillary rally front and center. But as Liberals usually due they deflect the reality like you're doing Trying to make trump look like a bad guy because the terroist was born in the USA. Lmao your bs is truly pathetic.And yes personal shot is warranted when you come with total deception constantly you might fool the minions I see thru your crap instantly. Also I am not a Trump supporter he is the less of 2 evils that
    s all. Hillary's agenda is to end the republic we know as the Usa she is bought and paid for by globalists to push their agenda. If you spent 5 minutes researching this other then the MSM you might have a chance to unlock a brainwashed mind. I hope you can.
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 16-08-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Zero Hedge??? THAT's YOUR SOURCE???

the blog was founded, news reports identified Daniel Ivandjiiski, a Bulgarian-born former hedge-fund analyst who was barred from the industry for insider trading by FINRA in 2008, as the founder of the site, and reported that "Durden" was a pseudonym for Ivandjiiski.
    The New York Times described Zero Hedge as "half-baked hooey,"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

Lokey, a former paid Zero Hedge writer who left the website in 2016 over disagreements in editorial direction, characterizes the site's political content as "disingenuous," summarizing its political stances as "Russia=good. Obama=*****. Bashar al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry=dunce. Vladimir Putin=greatest leader in the history of statecraft."

More lies from Trump's speech tonight

GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump on Tuesday night attacked Hillary Clinton, alleging that his Democratic presidential rival is "against the police."

"Just like Hillary Clinton is against the miners, she is against the police, believe me. You know it and I know it, and guess what? She knows it," Trump said during his rally in West Bend, Wis.

Trump alleged that a narrative that police officers are a racist force in society had received a "nod" by Clinton, spouting off shooting statistics in President Obama's hometown of Chicago.

Trump said 2,600 people have been shot in Chicago since the beginning of the year and almost 4,000 people killed in Obama's hometown area since the beginning of his presidency.

"The war on our police must end and it must end now," Trump declared.

Trump claimed Clinton would "rather protect the offender than the victim," claiming she represented "another generation of poverty, high crime and lost opportunities."
    He makes it sound like crime is going up and under Obama and the Democrats that crime has turned into a war.

The fact is under the Bush administration the Chicago murder rate was higher and overall crime is going down to levels not seen since the 1960's.

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 16-08-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...an-should-know His Father also a registered Democrat is a huge Taliban supporter and I made a error he ran In Afghanstan not Iraq. And the majority off all the shooters in the USA are democrats . Not surprising though considering their platform has 0 to do with any moral standards. The shooter father was also at a Hillary rally front and center. But as Liberals usually due they deflect the reality like you're doing Trying to make trump look like a bad guy because the terroist was born in the USA. Lmao your bs is truly pathetic.And yes personal shot is warranted when you come with total deception constantly you might fool the minions I see thru your crap instantly. Also I am not a Trump supporter he is the less of 2 evils that
    s all. Hillary's agenda is to end the republic we know as the Usa she is bought and paid for by globalists to push their agenda. If you spent 5 minutes researching this other then the MSM you might have a chance to unlock a brainwashed mind. I hope you can.
    I want a c2e like button but what your saying resonates with me as well.

More lies from Trump's speech tonight

GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump on Tuesday night attacked Hillary Clinton, alleging that his Democratic presidential rival is "against the police."

"Just like Hillary Clinton is against the miners, she is against the police, believe me. You know it and I know it, and guess what? She knows it," Trump said during his rally in West Bend, Wis.

Trump alleged that a narrative that police officers are a racist force in society had received a "nod" by Clinton, spouting off shooting statistics in President Obama's hometown of Chicago.

Trump said 2,600 people have been shot in Chicago since the beginning of the year and almost 4,000 people killed in Obama's hometown area since the beginning of his presidency.

"The war on our police must end and it must end now," Trump declared.

Trump claimed Clinton would "rather protect the offender than the victim," claiming she represented "another generation of poverty, high crime and lost opportunities."
    He makes it sound like crime is going up and under Obama and the Democrats that crime has turned into a war.

The fact is under the Bush administration the Chicago murder rate was higher and overall crime is going down to levels not seen since the 1960's.

The highest Murder rate was during the Clinton era the numbers were due to the blood and the crips gang wars glorified by the MSM rap it was not till the leaders of those gangs called a truce the numbers reduced . Also you realize that Illinois has one of the stricest gun laws in america and the highest gun violence lol. Where states that have the most lax gun laws have the fewest . Another post of agenda by PRT slow clap. All the numbers http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 17-08-2016 at 04:14 AM.

Zero Hedge??? THAT's YOUR SOURCE???

the blog was founded, news reports identified Daniel Ivandjiiski, a Bulgarian-born former hedge-fund analyst who was barred from the industry for insider trading by FINRA in 2008, as the founder of the site, and reported that "Durden" was a pseudonym for Ivandjiiski.
    The New York Times described Zero Hedge as "half-baked hooey,"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

Lokey, a former paid Zero Hedge writer who left the website in 2016 over disagreements in editorial direction, characterizes the site's political content as "disingenuous," summarizing its political stances as "Russia=good. Obama=*****. Bashar al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry=dunce. Vladimir Putin=greatest leader in the history of statecraft."
    New York timesLiberal scribe your source lmao there you go again with your Msm source again http://faculty.fordham.edu/siddiqi/f...imesother.html God you're a muppet why not resource neutral sites . You fail again man you're just a popagranda liberal mouth piece. https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...ral+newspapers New York times are known to make up stories that are bogus and they always use unnamed sources that don't exisit. And from your own other liberal biased station Clinton News Network so deny this one.http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast...imes.reporter/ So maybe quit posying articles from a paper that is out to damage Trump and his reputation http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-look-bad.html
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 17-08-2016 at 05:11 AM.

So you are saying that an anonymous blogger/conspiracy theorist with possible Russian government links is a more reliable source than the New York Times, one of the largest newspapers in the USA?

Beyond Zero Hedge, what is your other source of news, reruns of Ancient Aliens?

We have a tin foil hat in just your size.

Back to reality, Trump demotes Manafort, his campaign manager after reports of possible illegal foreign lobbyist activities.

Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort tied to undisclosed foreign lobbying: AP
    Jeff Horwitz and Desmond Butler, The Associated Press
    Published Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:02AM EDT
    WASHINGTON -- Donald Trump's campaign chairman helped a pro-Russian governing party in Ukraine secretly route at least $2.2 million in payments to two prominent Washington lobbying firms in 2012, and did so in a way that effectively obscured the foreign political party's efforts to influence U.S. policy.
    The revelation, provided to The Associated Press by people directly knowledgeable about the effort, comes at a time when Trump has faced criticism for his friendly overtures to Russian President Vladimir Putin. It also casts new light on the business practices of campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
    Under federal law, U.S. lobbyists must declare publicly if they represent foreign leaders or their political parties and provide detailed reports about their actions to the Justice Department. A violation is a felony and can result in up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
    Donald Trump has appointed Stephen Bannon from the rightwing website Breitbart News as CEO of his campaign team, effectively demoting Paul Manafort, as the Republican nominee attempts to gain ground on Hillary Clinton in the US presidential race.

Bannon is a former investment banker and the executive chairman of Breitbart News, which has shown full-throated support for Trump and was described by its former editor-at-large on his departure as “Trump’s personal Pravda”.

Meanwhile, pollster Kellyanne Conway has been promoted to campaign manager, in what represents yet another overhaul of Trump’s organisation in his quest for the White House.

Manafort retains his title of campaign chairman but the shakeup represents a demotion for the lobbyist and political consultant, who only formally took over the reins in June following the departure of Corey Lewandowski.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...llyanne-conway
    Big troubles for Trump Campaign 3.0 reboot.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 17-08-2016 at 08:08 AM.

Here comes the MEME's You must take my liberal newspaper as god given truth or else. Lmao I linked the 1st Neutral site on there fool. Which you refuse to do just post your 100 % Liberal bias news outlets . Your biased impossible to have a conversation with someone with complete utter blinders on . Hillary is corrupt to the core . Her husband has been accused of rape more then once. He was known to spend time at a pedophiles private Island . He gave presidential Pardons to cocaine dealers and other notorious crinimals for donating to the Clinton foundation. every witness that were going to testify against them all dropped dead or commited suicide under very iffy cases . http://heavy.com/news/2016/05/bill-c...otos-pictures/ http://www.usapoliticstoday.com/why-...land-12-times/ http://hubpages.com/politics/Bill-Cl...ential-Pardons http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/a...unt-increases/ Stay ignorant PRT stay Ignorant.
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 17-08-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post

LOL

New polls out Clinton 9 point lead down to 1. I posted a liberal paper so I can't be called bias lol http://www.latimes.com/politics/

Not "polls", just the LA Times tracking poll. Their method is interesting as they are polling the same 3000 people daily rather than generating a new sample each time. Probably cheaper for them but biases in the sample will be accentuated.

When you don't cherry pick single polls the overall trend shows a solid Clinton lead. She's dropped slightly in the last week but less than Trump has dropped in the same period. Gary Johnston seem to be the one picking up the lost support.

...overall crime is going down to levels not seen since the 1960's.
    Why does the left like to repeat this fact, as if today's level of crime is acceptable and politicians are doing a "good enough" job at protecting us?

Crime rates are still much too high.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Why does the left like to repeat this fact, as if today's level of crime is acceptable and politicians are doing a "good enough" job at protecting us?

It keeps having to be repeated, because the right keeps getting on stage and saying that crime rates are going up and times have never been more dangerous, which is incorrect. If Trump stops repeating that lie, it will no longer have to be corrected. Funny how that works.

Not "polls", just the LA Times tracking poll. Their method is interesting as they are polling the same 3000 people daily rather than generating a new sample each time. Probably cheaper for them but biases in the sample will be accentuated.

When you don't cherry pick single polls the overall trend shows a solid Clinton lead. She's dropped slightly in the last week but less than Trump has dropped in the same period. Gary Johnston seem to be the one picking up the lost support.
    The polls are very missleading on many fronts. You have them polling more DNC then more GOP . Like you said the times poll 3000 people. I truly dont believe NY TIMES OR ABC polls. ABC did a poll right after they lied and said Trump might drop out. Like I have repeated before there is no honor or truth from MSM it's all agenda based broadcasting . We will see in November I am sure their will be some documented independant polls done with a larger polling base from all states before November.

I wonder what each of the main party's internal polls are showing? I bet those are telling different stories as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post

It keeps having to be repeated, because the right keeps getting on stage and saying that crime rates are going up and times have never been more dangerous, which is incorrect.
    No, the left repeats it whenever any politician wants to reduce crime, even when they don't claim that it's going up.

The New York Times hasn't done a poll since May. They do publish a list of all a large number of the published polls with an average weighted to recent polls. ABC is only doing one poll a month however it's results don't seem out of line with the others. For example their last poll gave Clinton a 7 pt lead while Breitbart's recent poll gave Clinton a 5 pt lead.
    Last edited by Paul Turnbull; 17-08-2016 at 12:31 PM.

The New York Times hasn't done a poll since May. They do publish a list of all a large number of the published polls with an average weighted to recent polls. ABC is only doing one poll a month however it's results don't seem out of line with the others. For example they're last poll gave Clinton a 7 pt lead while Breitbart's recent poll gave Clinton a 5 pt lead.
    Like i said I don't give 2 cents at what MSM says . When people finally open their eyes and realize who owns those networks Soros Murdoch Rokerfeller and all the other globalists. You will realize why there has been a constant assault on Trump and heavy protection for Hillary, and all her multiple current scandals kept out of the news . Or a 1 min segment brushing it off real fast. And if anyone thinks Trump has been given fair press or any favorable coverage their is no hope for them now or the future. Trump is American 1st regardless of his flaws Hillary is globalist 1st and corrupt to her toes and gives 2 ***** about what she deems peasents. If she wins fine but lol just watch 2 years in and how she sells it out to no return.And the multiple wars started which globalists love MARK MY WORDS!!! Please for your own sake educate yourself or just post a conspiracy meme. I don't care the sheep will still mock what they have been trained to do since birth http://www.americannationalistreport...llary-winning/ http://investmentwatchblog.com/new-p...ump-won-67-19/
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 17-08-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Why does the right want to put so many into privately run, for profit prisons and have the highest incarceration rate in the world, higher than North Korea and 7 times higher than Canada???

I guess your plan is to put everyone in prison so the streets will be free of crime.

Donald Trump just set the house on fire. Now what?

Donald Trump just shook up his campaign by naming two new executives to lead his campaign, essentially demoting campaign manager Paul Manafort.

What does Trump's big campaign shake-up mean? And much more importantly, what should these new campaign handlers actually do?

Trump was probably very unhappy with the results of his brief "go straight" strategy that culminated in his economic policy address last week in Detroit. In that speech, Trump made sure to emphasize all the same major talking points the Congressional Republicans and the party in general have emphasized for decades. He did introduce some more marketable new ideas, but the only real message anyone remembered was the same old mantra of cutting tax rates. And more importantly, the speech did nothing to stem his fall in the polls.

By giving a leadership role to Breitbart co-founder Steve Bannon, someone who's been a strong critic of establishment Congressional Republicans and particularly House Speaker Paul Ryan, Trump is making it very clear he'd rather stick with the kind of sharp attacks and emotionally-laden rhetoric Breitbart is famous for. It's also the kind of firebrand attack mode Trump rode to the GOP nomination. It also means that same establishment GOP in Congress will now be running an almost completely separate campaign from the Trump forces, and in many cases they might be effectively running against one another. http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/17/donal...mmmentary.html
    Good to see that Steve Bannon will fire up the Trump supporters and encourage women, blacks, Hispanics, immigrants, and all the others to run to the polls and vote for Donald

Steve Bannon ready to redecorate the political establishment's house.

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 17-08-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Give it up GOP, Trump is not Obama's fault:
    Note to Jeb Bush: If you're going to blame a president, look at your own big brother.

Donald Trump is moving his presidential campaign in a new, more Trumpish direction: More nationalist, populist, freewheeling, spontaneous. What could possibly go wrong?

To all those Republicans who feel they might be about to have heart attacks, no matter how much you may wish it so, this is not President Obama's fault.

It is standard practice among members of the Republican elite to falsely blame Obama for Trump's rise. One of the most ironic entries comes from former Florida governor Jeb Bush. “Eight years of the divisive tactics of President Obama and his allies have undermined Americans’ faith in politics and government to accomplish anything constructive,” he wrote in a recent Washington Post column.

Yet Obama’s approval rating, as he nears the end of his two terms, is more than 50%. George W. Bush’s approval rating at about the same point was only about half that. When Bush became president in 2001 (according to Gallup), about 60% of Americans trusted their government to do what is right. When Bush turned the presidency over to Obama, public trust had declined to about 20%.

Republicans Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush were competent and (arguably) excellent presidents. But the incompetence of George W. Bush, son of H.W. and brother of Jeb, is largely why Americans are disillusioned with our government.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...lumn/88758718/

Why does the right want to put so many into privately run, for profit prisons and have the highest incarceration rate in the world, higher than North Korea and 7 times higher than Canada???
    I don't pretend to understand the USA. That country is a real anomaly. I think governments need to increase both crime prevention AND crime punishment (it's not a matter of one or the other, as politics seem to dictate too often).

Here is a very right wing conservative political commentator, Glenn Beck talking about the Trump campaign.

Glenn Beck: Trump's New Campaign Chief Is "The Most Dangerous Guy In American Politics"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid..._politics.html

Radio host Glenn Beck reacts to the news that Breitbart executive Stephen K. Bannon has been hired by Donald Trump to be his campaign's chief executive. Beck says that Bannon is, "a horrible despicable human being," -- "quite possibly the most dangerous guy in all of American politics."

"So look at this lineup," Beck said about the Trump campaign: "You now have Roger Stone, who was in the Nixon White House, Roger Ailes who was in the Nixon White House, and Steve Bannon, who is one of the worst people."

Glenn Beck predicted in February that Bannon "wanted to be Donald Trump's Goebbels."

"Doing what you've done to Breitbart --and anybody who reads Breitbart knows exactly what’s going on-- If that is what your idea of being Roger Ailes is, you are so sadly mistaken," Beck said then. "That doesn’t make you Roger Ailes. That makes you Goebbels."

GLENN BECK: The CEO of Breitbart is Stephen K. Bannon... I always confuse him with Bruce Bannon, who is the Incredible Hulk... The Hulk is Steve Bannon without the accident, he is just always the Hulk... He is quite possibly the most dangerous guy in all of American politics.

He makes Roger Stone look like Mary Poppins. So look at this lineup: You now have Roger Stone, who was in the Nixon White House, Roger Ailes who was in the Nixon White House, and Steve Bannon, who is one of the worst people.

He has become the CEO of the Trump campaign. And he is not leaving Breitbart!

... His duties may be reduced. This is the most lateral career move in history. He went from running the Trump campaign to running the Trump campaign.

It is crazy... Ask some people who work at Breitbart, he is a horrible despicable human being.
    Trump’s Media Empire Takes ShapeThe Republican nominee is losing the race, but he’s building his brand.
    BY JEET HEER August 18, 2016 https://newrepublic.com/article/1361...re-takes-shape
    Rapidly sinking in the polls and careening from blunder to blunder, Donald Trump has ordered the second major shake-up of his staff in three months. Paul Manafort, who was named campaign chairman in the previous shake-up, has failed in his attempts to domesticate Trump and help him pivot to a centrist message, and the Republican nominee has now brought in Steve Bannon, chairman of the conservative website Breitbart. By all reports, Bannon wants to “let Trump be Trump”—to rile up the right-wing base with incendiary rhetoric and launch vicious attacks on Hillary Clinton.

The consensus view among political observers—including, and perhaps especially, on the right—is that Trump’s dumpster-fire campaign has become a wildfire. “Trump Has Decided To Live in Breitbart’s Alternative Reality,” announced the conservative Weekly Standard. On CNN, former Breitbart editor Ben Shapiro called Trump a “turd tornado.” And Noah Rothman notes in Commentary, the flagship journal of neo-conservatism, “By bringing on Breitbart’s head, any illusion of distance between the Trump campaign and its most unwaveringly supportive blog is now gone. The Trump campaign will be said, rightly, to have embraced the voice of the racially transgressive ‘alt-right’ and self-identified ‘white nationalists.’”
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 18-08-2016 at 08:32 AM.

^Seriously, why is it everytime some-one chooses a political advisor from right, a bunch of idiots in the left wing media have to start applying Godwins law? I don't compare CNN commentators to Stalin or Lenin. Dumb.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast