View Poll Results: Who do you think the next president of the USA will be

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton

    41 70.69%
  • Trump

    17 29.31%
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456 12 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 2947

Thread: Race for the White House

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Some people are saying that there are emails on Clinton's personal server that prove that Hillary asked Trump, a long time supporter of the Clintons, to run as the GOP candidate. The plan is to create a strong audience for Trump and a month before the election, Trump will throw in the towel like a rigged and scripted wrestling match. Hillary will win by default and put Trump in charge of the FCC.
    If that happens, I hope Donald and Hillary also make out in front of everyone.

  2. #102

    Default

    ^if they are filming it, it will be the best reality gag ever. The best political fix too (by Hillary).

    I wonder what 48.5m buys in US politics?



    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/12/us...isis.html?_r=0
    Last edited by moahunter; 11-08-2016 at 11:53 AM.

  3. #103
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Some people are saying that there are emails on Clinton's personal server that prove that Hillary asked Trump, a long time supporter of the Clintons, to run as the GOP candidate. The plan is to create a strong audience for Trump and a month before the election, Trump will throw in the towel like a rigged and scripted wrestling match. Hillary will win by default and put Trump in charge of the FCC.
    If that happens, I hope Donald and Hillary also make out in front of everyone.
    She didn't need Donald, she had the DNC behind her, and only her..

  4. #104

    Default

    Thanks for the link to " Donald Trump, Insisting He Won’t Change His Style, Repeats Claim Obama Founded ISIS"
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Thanks for the link to " Donald Trump, Insisting He Won’t Change His Style, Repeats Claim Obama Founded ISIS"
    Obama's foreign policies, which Hillary was involved in, pretty much did. If Assad hadn't been undermined, ISIS wouldn't be there.

  6. #106

    Default

    And Bush had nothing to do with it, right???
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    And Bush had nothing to do with it, right???
    Who said that? Trump didn't, he has said Iraq war was a lie, its probably why your hero Hillary voted for it.

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Thanks for the link to " Donald Trump, Insisting He Won’t Change His Style, Repeats Claim Obama Founded ISIS"
    Obama's foreign policies, which Hillary was involved in, pretty much did. If Assad hadn't been undermined, ISIS wouldn't be there.
    "If Assad hadn't been undermined, ISIS wouldn't be there."

    That's quite the blanket statement. Read the second link below.

    Interesting how the US's lack of an invasion or the heavily arming up of rebels caused it to get blamed for the results. I guess the US should never have left Iraq. Instead it should have just moved in and taken over the whole place. It's clearly going to take all the blame for the religious and political insanity over there no matter what happens.


    "In fact, as Clinton knew very well, her Saudi Arabian allies had..."



    Syria revolution: A revolt brews against Bashar al- Assad’s regime
    By Elizabeth Flock March 15, 2011


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...wNEX_blog.html

    History of US-NATO’s “Covert War” on Syria: Daraa March 2011
    The following text is Chapter IV of Professor Anderson’s forthcoming book entitled The Dirty War on Syria, Global Research Publishers, Montreal, 2016 (forthcoming).


    ..."The head of the Syrian Brotherhood, Muhammad Riyad Al-Shaqfa, issued a statement on 28 March which left no doubt that the group’s aim was sectarian. The enemy was ‘the secular regime’ and Brotherhood members ‘have to make sure that the revolution will be pure Islamic, and with that no other sect would have a share of the credit after its success’ (Al-Shaqfa 2011) "


    ... "A language and numbers game was being played to delegitimise the Syrian Government (‘The Regime’) and the Syrian Army (‘Assad loyalists’), suggesting they were responsible for all the violence. Just as NATO forces were bombing Libya with the aim of overthrowing the Libyan Government, US officials began to demand that President Assad step down. The Brookings Institution (Shaikh 2011) claimed the President had ‘lost the legitimacy to remain in power in Syria’. US Senators John McCain, Lindsay Graham and Joe Lieberman said it was time ‘to align ourselves unequivocally with the Syrian people in their peaceful demand for a democratic government’ (FOX News 2011). Another ‘regime change’ campaign was out in the open.

    In June, US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton dismissed the idea that ‘foreign instigators’ had been at work, saying that ‘the vast majority of casualties have been unarmed civilians’ (Clinton 2011). In fact, as Clinton knew very well, her Saudi Arabian allies had..."


    http://www.globalresearch.ca/history...h-2011/5492182
    Last edited by KC; 11-08-2016 at 01:29 PM.

  9. #109

    Default

    Who said that Hillary was my hero??? I think you forgot where I posted that out of 350 million people in the USA, these two are the best they got???

    Your recall of my position is slipping

    BTW

    How Much Does Donald Trump Pay in Taxes? It Could Be Zero
    “People aren’t obligated to pay taxes they don’t owe,” Mr. Green said. “It’s the job of tax professionals to use every legal means to minimize taxes, and I’m sure Trump has some of the best working for him. Many wealthy people pay no tax.”

    But they’re not running for president.

    “It is disqualifying for a modern-day presidential nominee to refuse to release tax returns to the voters,” Mitt Romney recently said on Facebook.

    He, of all people, should know.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/12/business/how-much-does-donald-trump-pay-in-taxes-it-could-be-zero.html?_r=0
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-08-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  10. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Some people are saying that there are emails on Clinton's personal server that prove that Hillary asked Trump, a long time supporter of the Clintons, to run as the GOP candidate. The plan is to create a strong audience for Trump and a month before the election, Trump will throw in the towel like a rigged and scripted wrestling match. Hillary will win by default and put Trump in charge of the FCC. Hillary will ammend the Constitution unilaterally to ban all guns including Nerf types and make opposition parties illegal including the Republican party forever. Trump was promised approval of his project for a TTV major network channel to take over the anti-Democrat FOX network. The Trump Television Network would fire all the former FOX Republican staff and replace them with Trump's foreign workers.

    I am not say that, that's just what other people are saying.

    The emails are out there. The North Koreans have them off her server.
    You should have put 'the wink' smiley on after that post.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

  11. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Some people are saying that there are emails on Clinton's personal server that prove that Hillary asked Trump, a long time supporter of the Clintons, to run as the GOP candidate. The plan is to create a strong audience for Trump and a month before the election, Trump will throw in the towel like a rigged and scripted wrestling match. Hillary will win by default and put Trump in charge of the FCC. Hillary will ammend the Constitution unilaterally to ban all guns including Nerf types and make opposition parties illegal including the Republican party forever. Trump was promised approval of his project for a TTV major network channel to take over the anti-Democrat FOX network. The Trump Television Network would fire all the former FOX Republican staff and replace them with Trump's foreign workers.

    I am not say that, that's just what other people are saying.

    The emails are out there. The North Koreans have them off her server.
    You should have put 'the wink' smiley on after that post.
    I did not POST that, that's just what many people are saying.

    “You know, a lot of people are saying that, and a lot of people are saying that bad things are happening out there,”

    “I’m not going to wink it, because I’m not allowed to wink it, because I want to be politically correct,”

    ‘A lot of people are saying . . . ’: How Trump spreads conspiracies and innuendoes
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7a0_story.html
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-08-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  12. #112
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

  13. #113

    Default Elvis has the emails

    I don't think the North Koreans have the emails. I think Elvis has them . He will finally reappear in public later this month, promise to save American, reveal the emails, replace Trump as the Republican candidate and win the election.

    But seriously folks, this election brings out the comedian in me. I was watching CNN last night and the Republicans were criticizing Clinton for having the terrorists father behind her on TV at the rally. After that the Democrats showed the tape of the pedophile former Republican representative behind Trump at his rally on TV, right while he was saying the candidate should know everyone who is behind him on TV. I am not making this part up - can it get any more ridiculous? I can imagine Americans don't know whether to laugh or cry about this any more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Some people are saying that there are emails on Clinton's personal server that prove that Hillary asked Trump, a long time supporter of the Clintons, to run as the GOP candidate. The plan is to create a strong audience for Trump and a month before the election, Trump will throw in the towel like a rigged and scripted wrestling match. Hillary will win by default and put Trump in charge of the FCC. Hillary will ammend the Constitution unilaterally to ban all guns including Nerf types and make opposition parties illegal including the Republican party forever. Trump was promised approval of his project for a TTV major network channel to take over the anti-Democrat FOX network. The Trump Television Network would fire all the former FOX Republican staff and replace them with Trump's foreign workers.

    I am not say that, that's just what other people are saying.

    The emails are out there. The North Koreans have them off her server.
    You should have put 'the wink' smiley on after that post.
    I did not POST that, that's just what many people are saying.

    “I’m not going to wink it, because I’m not allowed to wink it, because I want to be politically correct,”

    ‘A lot of people are saying . . . ’: How Trump spreads conspiracies and innuendoes
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7a0_story.html

  14. #114

    Default

    Well if Elvis has the emails they are save with him. Apparently Elvis had democratic leanings and was a big fan of JFK.
    I'm betting those emails are much to do about nothing. Sure there may be some that are iffy but one would have to know the whole content of what they were about. Most of the American public don't seem to be phased by them.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

  15. #115

    Default

    Trump said he gave his staff child care, but the programs were actually for his hotel guests
    Updated by Emily Crockett on August 11, 2016, 7:03 p.m. ET @emilycrockett [email protected]


    Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images
    Donald Trump is really testing the limits of irony with this one.

    On the campaign trail in Iowa a few months ago, Trump boasted that he provided on-site child care for his employees. But according to Jill Colvin and Catherine Lucey at the Associated Press, this appears to be flatly untrue — Trump has been boasting about child care programs that are only available for guests of his hotels and golf clubs, not staff.
    Cool
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  16. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    And Bush had nothing to do with it, right???
    It's tough to criticize Bush for that when Hillary is at least every bit as bad, and has supported every US military interventon since I can remember. Hillary Clinton is a confirmed war-hawk, as much as any neocon on the George W. Bush team:

    Clinton Iraq bombings? Check.

    Kosovo? Check.

    Iraq? Check.

    Syria? Check.

    Libya? Check.

    But for some reason, only conservatives are called for being war-crazy.

    The USA under a Hillary Clinton presidency will continue to conduct regime changes with impunity, totally support the economic oligarchy, heavily focus on taking down Shiites and Russia while maintaining alliances with wealthy Wahabbists. And Netanyahu has her on a leash too, but in US politics that is pretty much expected.

  17. #117
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clareview
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I just do not understand why he is saying all these stupid things. He could have this in the bag if he played his cards right. Not a bad gig. Stifle Donald, you still have almost three months to turn it around.
    I usually laugh at conspiracy theories. Somebody the other day asked me, "What if the Democrats somehow has Trump in the democratic pocket as a Token candidate in order to win the GOP nominee to ensure a Hillary win in November."

    I've been following US politics since Kennedy and nowhere was there ever anything close to what we have here with Trump. Put it altogether and sure it might sound far fetched but stranger things have been known to happen.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

  18. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Most of the American public don't seem to be phased by them.
    People in this very thread for some odd reason seem to be unphased by them.

    The batch of emails released yesterday show clear evidence that donors to the Clinton Foundation were given special favors by Hillary's State Department. That is not only highly unethical, but also illegal. There are politicians all over the USA serving prison time for doing that. The emails that wikileaks promises to deliver in October apparently contain all sorts of illegal dealings. Wikileaks has always delivered in the past.

    I am very interested in what those emails contain, because nobody has ever had this much dirty laundry on a Presidential candidate before. What we have seen already is quite damning, and it's becoming clear why Hillary requested her own private email server (which she later got into some trouble for having).

  19. #119
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clareview
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I don't think the North Koreans have the emails. I think Elvis has them . He will finally reappear in public later this month, promise to save American, reveal the emails, replace Trump as the Republican candidate and win the election.

    But seriously folks, this election brings out the comedian in me. I was watching CNN last night and the Republicans were criticizing Clinton for having the terrorists father behind her on TV at the rally. After that the Democrats showed the tape of the pedophile former Republican representative behind Trump at his rally on TV, right while he was saying the candidate should know everyone who is behind him on TV. I am not making this part up - can it get any more ridiculous? I can imagine Americans don't know whether to laugh or cry about this any more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Some people are saying that there are emails on Clinton's personal server that prove that Hillary asked Trump, a long time supporter of the Clintons, to run as the GOP candidate. The plan is to create a strong audience for Trump and a month before the election, Trump will throw in the towel like a rigged and scripted wrestling match. Hillary will win by default and put Trump in charge of the FCC. Hillary will ammend the Constitution unilaterally to ban all guns including Nerf types and make opposition parties illegal including the Republican party forever. Trump was promised approval of his project for a TTV major network channel to take over the anti-Democrat FOX network. The Trump Television Network would fire all the former FOX Republican staff and replace them with Trump's foreign workers.

    I am not say that, that's just what other people are saying.

    The emails are out there. The North Koreans have them off her server.
    You should have put 'the wink' smiley on after that post.
    I did not POST that, that's just what many people are saying.

    “I’m not going to wink it, because I’m not allowed to wink it, because I want to be politically correct,”

    ‘A lot of people are saying . . . ’: How Trump spreads conspiracies and innuendoes
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7a0_story.html
    I know who has Hillery's missing emails. It's this guy:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF5IM7vGF_M

    Last edited by envaneo; 11-08-2016 at 06:13 PM.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

  20. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Most of the American public don't seem to be phased by them.
    People in this very thread for some odd reason seem to be unphased by them.

    The batch of emails released yesterday show clear evidence that donors to the Clinton Foundation were given special favors by Hillary's State Department. That is not only highly unethical, but also illegal. There are politicians all over the USA serving prison time for doing that. The emails that wikileaks promises to deliver in October apparently contain all sorts of illegal dealings. Wikileaks has always delivered in the past.

    I am very interested in what those emails contain, because nobody has ever had this much dirty laundry on a Presidential candidate before. What we have seen already is quite damning, and it's becoming clear why Hillary requested her own private email server (which she later got into some trouble for having).
    Why is wiki waiting until October to release these emails?. What is the point of that. If the emails are as incriminating as they say they are releasing them now is not going to make them any less incriminating. Why the games?.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

  21. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Why is wiki waiting until October to release these emails?. What is the point of that.
    Julian Assange has an axe to grind with Hillary, so he wants to release them at a time when they will do the most damage. Kind of like how he released the DNC emails (exposing how they rigged the primaries against Bernie Sanders) the Friday before the Democratic convention.

  22. #122

    Default

    Julian has a yuuuuuge Hero image to polish, and lots of chips on his shoulders.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  23. #123

    Default

    Well a lot of people have wanted Assange killed. Like he said, "You don't publish a million secrets a year without making a few enemies."

  24. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    And Bush had nothing to do with it, right???
    It's tough to criticize Bush for that when Hillary is at least every bit as bad, and has supported every US military interventon since I can remember. Hillary Clinton is a confirmed war-hawk, as much as any neocon on the George W. Bush team:

    Clinton Iraq bombings? Check.

    Kosovo? Check.

    Iraq? Check.

    Syria? Check.

    Libya? Check.

    But for some reason, only conservatives are called for being war-crazy.

    The USA under a Hillary Clinton presidency will continue to conduct regime changes with impunity, totally support the economic oligarchy, heavily focus on taking down Shiites and Russia while maintaining alliances with wealthy Wahabbists. And Netanyahu has her on a leash too, but in US politics that is pretty much expected.
    How about some fact checking from an expert

    But the Washington Post has an inside expert on the rise of Daesh — our colleague Joby Warrick. His bestselling book, Black Flags: The Rise of ISIS, won the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for general nonfiction. So here’s an interview with Joby, conducted by telephone, about Trump’s statement.

    Is Obama the founder of ISIS?
    Absolutely not. It’s like saying that Ronald Reagan is the founder of al-Qaida because the arms he sent to the mujahideen in Afghanistan after the Soviet invasion led to the creation of al-Qaida. It’s a ludicrous claim.

    So who founded ISIS?
    It was started by a Jordanian terrorist named Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi. It did not initially start out calling itself ISIS; it was called al-Qaida in Iraq.

    So what did Obama have to do with the rise of ISIS?
    That goes back to my earlier point. ISIS arose in response to the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. Zarqawi moved into Iraq in advance of the invasion in anticipation of leading a Sunni insurgency. That’s really the origin of ISIS from a U.S. policy standpoint. [Note: Trump supported the invasion of Iraq.]

    But why did ISIS suddenly seem to grow rapidly during the Obama administration?
    The civil war in Syria breathed new life into what had become a moribund organization. The conflict in Syria created a perfect vacuum in terms of governance, and so the civil war became an opportunity for the restoration of the organization. You could fault the White House for not intervening into the Syrian conflict. But there are all kinds of questions about whether any actions taken by the United States would make a difference. Also, given Russian opposition at the United Nations, it’s pretty unlikely the United States could have gotten international backing for an intervention.

    Some people have also criticized Obama for pulling troops out of Iraq.
    There are two different issues. ISIS rebounded within the space created in the Syrian conflict. ISIS then saw opportunity to rebound in Iraq. One factor was the withdrawal of U.S. troops. But there was also rampant mismanagement by the government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, which greatly degraded the Iraqi military and exacerbated tensions between Sunnis and Shiites.

    Trump also claims Hillary Clinton was a “co-founder” of ISIS. Does that make sense?
    No. Within the administration, Clinton was one of the loudest forces for keeping a residual force in Iraq and for intervening in Syria, such as arming the rebels. So the criticism especially does not apply to her, since she advocated a more hawkish policy than was undertaken by Obama.

    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ludicrous.html
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  25. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    And Bush had nothing to do with it, right???
    It's tough to criticize Bush for that when Hillary is at least every bit as bad, and has supported every US military interventon since I can remember. Hillary Clinton is a confirmed war-hawk, as much as any neocon on the George W. Bush team:

    Clinton Iraq bombings? Check.

    Kosovo? Check.

    Iraq? Check.

    Syria? Check.

    Libya? Check.

    But for some reason, only conservatives are called for being war-crazy.

    The USA under a Hillary Clinton presidency will continue to conduct regime changes with impunity, totally support the economic oligarchy, heavily focus on taking down Shiites and Russia while maintaining alliances with wealthy Wahabbists. And Netanyahu has her on a leash too, but in US politics that is pretty much expected.
    How about some fact checking from an expert
    Are you actually trying to dispute this? Because your response has pretty much nothing to do with what I posted about Hillary here.

  26. #126

    Default

    Trump on a Kamikaze dive into glory
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...amikaze-trump/
    “This is not rational behavior at all,” Joe Scarborough, host of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” said Wednesday of Mr. Trump’s actions. “It’s as if he’s trying to blow himself up.”
    and take as many politicians on both sides down with him.

    Reality star Trump seems to be facing reality

    Barring something crazy happening, Donald Trump is going to lose in November — probably quite badly — and it appears Trump may be starting to realize this.


    He still offers up the usual argument that all polls showing him getting crushed nationally and in swing states are bogus and don't count the secret people who will emerge from the shadows and vote for him over Hillary Clinton. But a bit of fatalism has also crept into his usual bluster.


    On CNBC on Thursday, Trump twice mused on what his future might hold. Both times he seemed totally fine with the idea of losing.


    "If at the end of 90 days I fall in short," Trump said, "it's OK. I go back to a very good way of life. It's not what I'm looking to do. I think we're going to have a victory, but we'll see."


    Later, asked what he might do to turn around his crashing poll numbers, Trump basically said he wouldn't change a thing. "Just keep doing the same thing I'm doing right now. At the end it's either going to, you know, work or I'm going to have a very, very nice long vacation."


    <SNIP>Evidence that Trump has no intention of actually running a serious race for president is everywhere and has been for months. <SNIP>


    Trump wants to be Trump. And that means saying whatever he wants whenever he wants, not doing any real work, blaming any failures on other people (mainly the evil press) and going back to his nice airplane at the end of the day to eat Kentucky Fried Chicken with a knife and fork and blast angry tweets at people.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/11/reali...g-reality.html
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  27. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Are you actually trying to dispute this? Because your response has pretty much nothing to do with what I posted about Hillary here.
    Actually, I posted a quote that includes a comment that Hillary was more hawkish than Obama.

    No. Within the administration, Clinton was one of the loudest forces for keeping a residual force in Iraq and for intervening in Syria, such as arming the rebels. So the criticism especially does not apply to her, since she advocated a more hawkish policy than was undertaken by Obama.
    I guess you missed that I supported your comment, at least in part.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  28. #128

    Default

    MSNBC is very pro-Hillary. The hacked DNC emails showed all kinds of collusion between MSNBC and the Hillary campaign during the primaries.

  29. #129

    Default

    And FOX is very pro Trump. Do you think that MSNBC has a monopoly and controls all the other media outlets?? They are not public institutions, they are for profit companies.

    What is your point?

    Yes, the election is rigged. The media is rigged. The DNC was rigged against Sanders. The Republican primary process was rigged. The polls are rigged. The system is rigged. The justice system is rigged.

    Losers blame the existing rules to safe face when they have lost.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-08-2016 at 07:23 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  30. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    And FOX is very pro Trump.
    Could you name another pro-Trump media outlet of substance?
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  31. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    I guess you missed that I supported your comment, at least in part.
    Ah, yes. Sorry. You are right.

  32. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Do you think that MSNBC has a monopoly and controls all the other media outlets??
    I am just incredibly suspicious of anything they (and CNN) write about this election since the DNC email leaks.

    And yes, Fox is very defensive of Trump. But I trust them a little more these days since we haven't seen any evidence of collusion there.

  33. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    And FOX is very pro Trump.
    Could you name another pro-Trump media outlet of substance?
    Actually FOX news is turning on Trump.

    Much of the American media was supporting Trump until they realized that Trump was unstable.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  34. #134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    I am just incredibly suspicious of anything they (and CNN) write about this election since the DNC email leaks.
    Be suspicious and ask questions. That is yours and everyone's right. It makes democracy great. You can start your own media outlet tonight. We have freedom of the press and freedom of speech.and in fact this forum allows everyone to discuss these issues.

    There are 10's of thousands of reporters, bloggers, internet sites.

    You can also read newspapers and news outlets in China, Russia, England, Germany, Iraq, Japan and South Africa if you want another point of view. We also have Wiki Leaks.


    Again, what's your point?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-08-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  35. #135
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever the pilot takes me
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Why is wiki waiting until October to release these emails?. What is the point of that. If the emails are as incriminating as they say they are releasing them now is not going to make them any less incriminating. Why the games?.
    Probably because a last minute reveal will prevent what punitive effect it might have on Hillary from fading. Releasing it now will provide Hillary time to mount an adequate response, ebb from people's memory, be supplanted by whatever else comes up until the election (e.g. another Trump meltdown).
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

  36. #136

    Default

    More than 70 Republicans ask RNC to stop funding Donald Trump's campaign
    Dozens of Republicans are calling on party leaders to stop spending money to help GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump and instead target such funds at congressional races.

    More than 70 GOP officials -- including former U.S. Rep. Chris Shays, R-Connecticut, and former U.S. Sen. Gordon Humphrey, R-New Hampshire -- have penned an open letter to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus urging the party to cut off funds for the billionaire businessman, Politico reported Thursday.


    The letter, which comes days after several GOP national security officials announced they would not support Trump, contends that the Republican presidential nominee risks handing the election over to the Democrats and raises concerns about what impact that could have on down-ticket races.
    http://www.masslive.com/politics/ind...ans_ask_r.html
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  37. #137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Most of the American public don't seem to be phased by them.
    People in this very thread for some odd reason seem to be unphased by them.

    The batch of emails released yesterday show clear evidence that donors to the Clinton Foundation were given special favors by Hillary's State Department. That is not only highly unethical, but also illegal. There are politicians all over the USA serving prison time for doing that. The emails that wikileaks promises to deliver in October apparently contain all sorts of illegal dealings. Wikileaks has always delivered in the past.

    I am very interested in what those emails contain, because nobody has ever had this much dirty laundry on a Presidential candidate before. What we have seen already is quite damning, and it's becoming clear why Hillary requested her own private email server (which she later got into some trouble for having).
    However, it's much like during wartime, you overlook a lot, turn enemies into allies, etc. - all in order to win.

  38. #138

    Default

    Trumps's tweets vary reliably depending on which phone they come from:

    http://varianceexplained.org/r/trump-tweets/

    Trumps' tweets come from an Android and an iPhone. The Android tweets seem to come from DT himself, the iPhone tweets from his staff. The Android tweets are demonstrably Trump-y than ones that originate from the iPhone.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  39. #139

    Default

    Is this real?

    Hillary laughing about defending child rapist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDz...ature=youtu.be

  40. #140
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever the pilot takes me
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    ^According to Snopes it is false LINK
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

  41. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post
    ^According to Snopes it is false LINK
    Thanks - I see it's actually "mostly false". She sounds awful in that recording, though. Jesus.

  42. #142
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever the pilot takes me
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Thanks - I see it's actually "mostly false". She sounds awful in that recording, though. Jesus.
    Not nitpicking here but I didn't bother to see which parts were true.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

  43. #143
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever the pilot takes me
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    The batch of emails released yesterday show clear evidence that donors to the Clinton Foundation were given special favors by Hillary's State Department. That is not only highly unethical, but also illegal. There are politicians all over the USA serving prison time for doing that.
    Can you provide a link to an article with the specific favors offered to the donor(s)? According to this Wallstreet Journal article only one person identified thus far was a donor and according to the Clinton campaign Mr. Chagoury, a Nigerian-Lebanese billionaire, wanted a meeting with a state department official to offer his insights on the upcoming Lebanese election.

    Wall Street Journal
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

  44. #144

    Default

    The contents of the most recent email dump are slowly leaking out. But here's Hillary taking advice from George Soros: http://www.theamericanmirror.com/lea...-civil-unrest/

  45. #145
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clareview
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    ^ Maybe they were junk emails sent to her junk mail folder.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

  46. #146
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever the pilot takes me
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server (or at least a private email account) to conduct State Department business would on the surface appear risky in this day and age. However both Colin Powell and Condeleeaza Rice (and indeed others have used private email accounts to conduct State Department business and some of this material has since been deemed as classified although this point is open to dispute.

    Hence, when FBI director Comey told Congress that there was no precedent for prosecuting Clinton he was fully aware of past State Department practices and ambiguities. Simply put what he was saying was that we do not prosecute for such behavior. As he also pointed out there was also no deliberate intent or willfullness to disclose classified materials which would imply this would be required for any successful prosecution.

    Furthermore, there was never any allegation that critical matters of national security or operational security (such that lives were put as risk) were exposed. If you recall from the WikiLeaks data dump, much diplomatic communications with regards to foreign affairs is mundane and likely contains a lot of bureaucratic or procedural minutiae. Some examples were comments by diplomatic officials offering personal opinions on foreign officials that would amount to gossip in social circles. Embarrassing no doubt but hardly damaging to national security.

    Contrast this with the case of General Patraeus who resigned from the CIA, he willingly forwarded more than 300 documents of classified material to his mistress. In his plea bargain, no doubt in part because of his distinguished military service, he didn't even plead guilty to a criminal offence but instead only to a misdemeanor charge of mishandling classified information.

    Media Matters
    Last edited by norwoodguy; 11-08-2016 at 10:34 PM.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

  47. #147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    The contents of the most recent email dump are slowly leaking out. But here's Hillary taking advice from George Soros: http://www.theamericanmirror.com/lea...-civil-unrest/
    It's very I nteresting what the article author left out and replaced with his own summary (but not really much shorter - maybe he was third of typing or worried about copywrite). Anyway, this is what the article's author said per the link above. The article links to the actual e-mail. Read what Soros actually said.

    "Soros urges the then-Secretary of State to get the international community involved and pressure the Prime Minister to “forestall further demonstrations” and “tone down public pronouncements” as well appointing a senior European official to act as the mediator."

    http://www.theamericanmirror.com/lea...-civil-unrest/




    https://www.wikileaks.org/clinton-em.../C05778285.pdf
    Last edited by KC; 12-08-2016 at 09:07 AM.

  48. #148

    Default

    Thanks norwoodguy for the info. I was unaware that both Colin Powell and Condeleeaza Rice (and indeed others have used private email accounts to conduct State Department business.

    You know, Connie and Colin who were the ones who knowingly supported the lies that were told by the Bush people who brought you the illegal and immoral war in Iraq. They lied to the US Congress the Senate, the military, the UN and the American people.

    Hillary may have supported the war but that was based upon the lies that everyone was told. Connie, Colin, Bush, and his henchmen should have all been brought up on war crimes and treason for contravention of the US Constitution IMHO.

    It makes Benghazi a footnote in history. More Americans die in a single minivan accident.

    4 Americans killed
    100 Libyan attackers killed
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 12-08-2016 at 08:20 AM. Reason: added body count
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  49. #149

    Default

    Donald Trump: I was being sarcastic about Obama and Isis. Republican candidate walks back his false claim that US president founded Islamic State.

    Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
    August 12, 2016
    Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) "the founder" of ISIS, & MVP. THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?
    Are you kidding me. Trump was straight faced when he made his insane accusations and he repeated the lie when interviewed.

    Now he says it was being sarcastic.

    Trump is totally unhinged. Nuts, crazy, narcissistic, physco, loopy, deranged. Did I miss any?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  50. #150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    You know, Connie and Colin who were the ones who knowingly supported the lies that were told by the Bush people who brought you the illegal and immoral war in Iraq. They lied to the US Congress the Senate, the military, the UN and the American people.
    I don't think that's fair to Colin Powell, he was military, so he did what he was told, which is a constitutional requirement (otherwise you risk military coups and similar). He was the one though, who quietly protested, by saying, "if you break it, you own it". But you are right, Bush lied, and Trump so far has been the only politician brave enough to say that to a Bush face (Jeb Bush), which has made him unpopular in some of the Republican establishment (former CIA, FBI and similar), but has taken the Republicans in a much needed direction. Obama at least didn't vote for the war, its a big part of why he beat warmonger Hillary.
    Last edited by moahunter; 12-08-2016 at 07:53 AM.

  51. #151

    Default

    Military Brass don't have to do what they are told.

    Prior to the second Iraq war, I thought that Colin Powell was one of the best Generals and most level headed person in the Reagan thru Bush administration.

    His failure to stand by his principles when he knowingly lied to the United Nations and the Coalition based upon false information from Rice, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Cheney and Bush about weapons of Mass Destruction.

    He could have simply resigned and taken the honorable way out.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  52. #152
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  53. #153
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  54. #154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Donald Trump: I was being sarcastic about Obama and Isis. Republican candidate walks back his false claim that US president founded Islamic State.

    Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
    August 12, 2016
    Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) "the founder" of ISIS, & MVP. THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?
    Are you kidding me. Trump was straight faced when he made his insane accusations and he repeated the lie when interviewed.

    Now he says it was being sarcastic.

    Trump is totally unhinged. Nuts, crazy, narcissistic, physco, loopy, deranged. Did I miss any?
    He has no internal filters. That likely attracts a lot of voters who are tired of the mandatory double-speak and PC speech used in higher offices.

    The fact that the media is jumping on these things and debating them to death is truly amazing. It's making them all look like morons with their daily: "Did Trump really say that or mean that or incite that...?" discussions.
    Last edited by KC; 12-08-2016 at 09:21 AM.

  55. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    It makes Benghazi a footnote in history. More Americans die in a single minivan accident.
    It depends. If evidence within Hillary's deleted emails (which might be what wikileaks is releasing in October) suggest that she lied under oath to congress about Benghazi, that a felony charge.

    If other speculation about those emails show that the attack in Benghazi was due to something precipitated by Hillary, such as an arms deal gone bad (E.g. revenge from angry Libyan ISIS gun-runners not getting their full value for the "donation" they made to the Clinton Foundation), then the Benghazi incident will go down in history as a far more important event than what it is now.


    This whole election is madness. It's been the most genuinely entertaining US Presidential election in my life.

  56. #156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    He has no internal filters. That likely attracts a lot of voters who are tired of the mandatory double-speak and PC speech used in higher offices.
    Often known as "tact" and "diplomacy", even "grace." I know there's a lot of BS in there but his "plain speaking" has wandered waaay off that path into guttural bleatings.

    But Trump is an attention-whore like the Kardashians, and that's his appeal.

    Now he's getting bored and upping the outlandish.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  57. #157

    Default

    Well apparently US Central Command has been lying and overplaying about how well the USA has been doing against ISIS:

    Republicans and Democrats Agree: CENTCOM Cooked ISIS War Intel

    Senior officials at U.S. Central Command manipulated intelligence reports, press statements, and congressional testimony to present a more positive outlook on the war against the Islamic State, a House Republican task force concluded in a damning report released Thursday.
    This article must be true, seeing that the Daily Beast (tied to the Clinton Foundation) is the one reporting it.

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/11/republicans-and-democrats-agree-centcom-cooked-isis-war-intel.html



  58. #158

    Default

    ^Its not really surprising. Take our Canadian troops in Iraq, they are basically just training a "gang", or a "tribe" (the kurds). How motivated are those troops ever going to be to put their lives on the line? The answer is they aren't, they have their own agenda.

    The only way ISIS gets wiped out is if an established nation goes to war with them. Assad, for all his inhumanity / flaws, could have done that, but instead the US decided to back other "gangs". it will take a modern professional army, with boots on the ground, to defeat ISIS, which essentially is a ruthless professional army.

    In an idea world, I think what was needed was a bit like what Bush Snr did, assemble a coalition, that included middle eastern countries. Maybe there is still hope for that? Not sure, the problem is what would ISIS then be replaced with.
    Last edited by moahunter; 12-08-2016 at 09:50 AM.

  59. #159

    Default

    I agree. The "Free Syrian Army" and "moderate opposition" which the US supports is basically mythical. And the Kurds, while both real and effective, only care about Kurdish objectives, not US ones.

    Obama made a terrible mistake when he openly supported a regime change in Syria. Their hands are tied now.

  60. #160

    Default

    Every media interview of Trump supporters are simply talking heads repeating the same talking points.

    Most interviews go like this...

    Q. Reporter asks question about Trump's 'ISIS Founder comments'
    A. Trump talking head, "what's more concerning is Hillary's emails...

    Q. Reporter asks question about 'How can we tell when Trump is being sarcastic?'
    A. Trump talking head, "what's more concerning is Hillary's emails...

    Q. Reporter asks question 'When will we see Trump's tax returns?'
    A. Trump talking head, "what's more concerning is Hillary's emails...

    Q. Reporter asks question 'Are you concerned about how Trump is doing in Florida?'
    A. Trump talking head, "what's more concerning is Hillary's emails...

    Q. Reporter asks question 'Do you agree that we should have Americans citizens to be tried at the Guantanamo Bay?'
    A. Trump talking head, "what's more concerning is Hillary's emails...

    Q. Reporter asks question 'Do you understand the meaning of 'rinse, lather repeat'?'
    A. Trump talking head, "what's more concerning is Hillary's emails...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  61. #161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    And FOX is very pro Trump.
    Could you name another pro-Trump media outlet of substance?
    Yep. Someone who has Donald Trump's ear...

    Alex Jones


    “Totally Synced”: How Donald Trump And Alex Jones’ Conspiracy Theory Movement Speaks With One Voice

    Alex Jones announced on his radio show this week that it has been “surreal to talk about issues here on air and then word-for-word hear [Donald] Trump say it two days later. It is amazing.” Indeed, as MSNBC’s Chris Hayes pointed out, it has been “completely surreal” to watch the Republican nominee for President of the United States echo the nation’s most prominent conspiracy theorist; but he’s done just that, repeatedly.

    During the campaign, Trump has echoed Jones’ conspiracy theories on several topics, including the leadership of ISIS, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, and the possibility of a “rigged” general election.


    Jones’ website Infowars.com has described him as “one of the very first founding fathers of the 9-11 Truth Movement.” The movement believes that the U.S. government was behind the September 11, 2001, attacks. Jones also has promoted conspiracy theories about government involvement in the Oklahoma City bombing, the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster, the Boston Marathon bombing, and several mass shootings.

    Trump and Jones have also been in lockstep on other conspiracies.


    Jones has often promoted the birther conspiracy that President Obama was not born in the United States, a nonsense theory that Trump has eagerly pushed.


    Infowars promoted the idea that Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia had been killed around the same time Trump floated the theory in an appearance on Michael Savage’s radio show.


    And when Trump argued, without evidence, that Ted Cruz’s father Rafael Cruz was involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy, he was echoing a claim that had already been made on Jones’ website.
    https://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/0...e-voice/212362

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)

    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  62. #162
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever the pilot takes me
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    I think blaming Obama for ISIS in Syria is inaccurate and unfair given the timeline of the Syrian uprising.

    Here is a history of events from the Syrian uprising from VOX:

    2011, March: protests against Assad begin. Security forces open fire and kill protestors.

    2011, July: Syrian free army is formed most from Syrian army defectors. Full civil war ensues by January, 2012.

    2011, August: Extremist Sunni group Al Qaeda in Iraq infiltrates Syria.

    2012, January. Assad releases Sunni extremists from Syrian jails in hopes of creating sectarian divide and dampening western support for rebels. This move helps the extremists gain the upper hand and weakens more moderate rebel forces.

    2012, mid-late. By mid 2012, Assad has lost control of much of the country and looks doomed to fall. In October, Iran's proxy Hezbollah acknowledges that its forces are in Syria fighting for Assad.

    2013, March. Arab League endorses the arming of Syrian rebels. Obama authorizes CIA program to arm rebels (funded in part by the Saudis). CIA support for rebels actually began in August, 2012 but the degree of involvement is unclear (source REUTERS).

    2013, April. ISIS is formed after internal friction amidst elements of AQ in Iraq and Islamic State in Syria.

    Note that by the time the CIA is actively involved Assad has lost control of most of Syria and the extremist Sunni elements are already fully entrenched and ascendant over the rebel forces.

    Lost in all this is that during the Al Qaeda insurrection in Iraq from 2005 until the US withdrawl from Iraq, Assad and Syria actively armed and trained Al Qaeda inside Syria and sent these operatives into Iraq to undermine the US occupation. Here is a clip from the Guardian:

    The Guardian - How ISIS Came to Be
    Ironically, al-Qaida's wholesale introduction into Iraq came at the hands of Assad's regime. From 2005 until the end of the American occupation of Iraq, Assad's military intelligence services and their Iranian backers sought to defeat the US forces by training, financing and arming al-Qaida operatives inside Syria and dispatching them across the border to foment chaos and destruction.

    General David Petraeus and other senior American officials warned Assad that he was igniting a fire that would eventually burn his house down, but Damascus did nothing to stop the flow of fighters, culminating in a crippling blow to Maliki's government the day Iraq's foreign and finance ministries were bombed.
    ...continued in next post
    Last edited by norwoodguy; 12-08-2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: additional information
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

  63. #163
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever the pilot takes me
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    If anything the rise of ISIL in Libya is something that can be attributed to the intervention by NATO in the overthrow of Gadaffi. This for me is a real head scratcher as it seemed that the west bent over backwards to welcome Libya back into its good graces when he renounced WMDs and terrorism.

    Our reason for intervention is still not entirely clear to me, one of the reasons given was to supposedly to prevent a humanitarian disaster in Libya. Strategically, ISIL in Libya is much more of a threat than in Syria because of Libya's proximity to Europe and its potential to destabilize neighboring Egypt.

    i would imagine that part of the rationale was Europe's fear that a long drawn out conflict could create a flood of Libyan refugees crossing the Mediterranean into Europe. The irony of course is that a stable Libya had long been a barrier to refugees from Libya's southern neighbors into Europe.

    It is worth reading all the articles to which I linked if only because of all the players and the convolutions, it can be rather confusing at times. It also illustrates the how the middle east is such a minefield of seemingly contradictory alliances and motivations. Add this article to list of American's entanglement with Saudi Arabia, home of Wahhabism.

    NY Times - US Reliance on Saudi Money to Arm Syrian Rebels
    Last edited by norwoodguy; 12-08-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

  64. #164

    Default

    A foreign power intervening into a civil war is about as dangerous as police walking into a domestic dispute. As the cops put the cuffs on the abusive guy, the woman changes her mind and stabs the cop in the back.

    If the US stepped into Libya or Syria, whose side do you join? Are there two sides or several factions creating a Mexican standoff or everyone ganging up on the invading Americans. Just look at history of civil wars. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_civil_wars Some of them last generations such as the 1948-present Israel-Palestinian conflict, The Troubles (Northern Ireland), 1969–1998,

    Domestic violence calls put officers in more danger than almost any other situation
    Police consider domestic violence calls among the most dangerous. Officers walk into a heated situation with very little information, including whether weapons are involved. On her first night on the job, Virginia Police Officer Ashley Guindon was shot and killed while responding to a domestic disturbance. Two other officers were shot and wounded.
    Chicopee Police Officer Mike Wilk told 22News officers look for warning signals. “If the call came in and there was a lot of yelling and screaming, and you hear nothing. If you’re knocking on the door and people are telling you everything is fine, go away.”


    The risks are real, and the threats are even more complex for officers and their families. Both Springfield and Chicopee Police Departments told 22News when officers respond to domestic violence calls, they respond in pairs.
    Officer Wilk said Chicopee police officers are often hurt dealing with “domestic disturbances.” http://wwlp.com/2016/03/02/domestic-...n-more-danger/
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  65. #165
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    People should really start to stop listening to MSM controlled narrative . Libya and the people loved Khaddafi the country was one of the last countries in the world to have it's own bank . Khadaffi was going to stop usung the USA petro dollar for trading in Oil and was going to the gold standard . Automatic no no hence time to make him a evil dicatator. Khaddafi could walk un armed in the streets of Lybia . Talk to people from the country not networks like the clinton news network who keep their sheep in line. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiStDp_NcjQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJURNC0e6Ek So keep aping MSM on what's going on and think you're well advised in politics. Hillary is a globalist puppet who will be the end of the USA as you know it. Next up Iran and their country owned bank one of the very last on earth.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3_e0s0NJo
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 12-08-2016 at 11:59 PM.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  66. #166
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clareview
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    At this hour we now know that Donny was being, sarcastic
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

  67. #167

    Default

    Actually Donny was being sarcastic about being sarcastic. In fact I am being sarcastic about Trump's sarcastic sarcasm. So what I am really saying, trust me folks, 100 percent that I am telling you the truth, that the sarcastic remarks were true until I tell you next time what I really meant was, that you don't understand sarcasm when I told you otherwise. Got it?

    Glad we both understand the facts about sarcasm.

    By the way, trust the sarcasm expert with the Constitution which says that; doing worse than waterboarding US citizens at Gitmo is perfectly legal as paying no taxes while being a billionaire. Just kidding, he pays plenty of taxes when he buys a golf course resort in Florida while in bankruptcy, that is staffed with temporary foreign workers because no one in America want to work as hard as 'those' people do.

    Hey I am just kidding again. Haven't you learned anything about what I taught you about sarcasm? What? As some of the circuits in your head a bit fried?

    The whole system is rigged. And Trump is the only one who can fix it because he is the only one who knows the system. He is a rigged system expert and that is why he makes huge sums of money, pays no taxes and can file bankruptcy 6 times, all by lunch. By the way, he does not pay for the lunch either. He and his ilk rigged it that way. More money and loopholes for billionaires and poverty for you working schmucks as Trump outsources his clothing and hotel furnishings from China, Mexico and Bangladesh. He loves free trade but keep those Mexican workers in his factories on that side of the wall. The system is not rigged, trust me, I was just being sarcastic. Everything is just fine, don't vote, go home, lock all your doors, make sure you have 30 armor piercing rounds in the clip just in case Obama comes to take your AR-15, grab a beer from the fridge, turn on Duck Dynasty and grab the VCR tape of past episodes of The Apprentice.



    But we are being most concerned about Hillary's emails. She's the crook don't ya know...
    Where are all those emails Russia? We are waiting for you to hack into our government computers.

    End of rant.

    Just kidding, I was being sarcastic. Couldn't you tell?

    I couldn't...

    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 13-08-2016 at 08:00 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  68. #168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    A foreign power intervening into a civil war is about as dangerous as police walking into a domestic dispute. As the cops put the cuffs on the abusive guy, the woman changes her mind and stabs the cop in the back.

    If the US stepped into Libya or Syria, whose side do you join? Are there two sides or several factions creating a Mexican standoff or everyone ganging up on the invading Americans. Just look at history of civil wars. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_civil_wars Some of them last generations such as the 1948-present Israel-Palestinian conflict, The Troubles (Northern Ireland), 1969–1998,

    Domestic violence calls put officers in more danger than almost any other situation
    Police consider domestic violence calls among the most dangerous. Officers walk into a heated situation with very little information, including whether weapons are involved. On her first night on the job, Virginia Police Officer Ashley Guindon was shot and killed while responding to a domestic disturbance. Two other officers were shot and wounded.
    Chicopee Police Officer Mike Wilk told 22News officers look for warning signals. “If the call came in and there was a lot of yelling and screaming, and you hear nothing. If you’re knocking on the door and people are telling you everything is fine, go away.”


    The risks are real, and the threats are even more complex for officers and their families. Both Springfield and Chicopee Police Departments told 22News when officers respond to domestic violence calls, they respond in pairs.
    Officer Wilk said Chicopee police officers are often hurt dealing with “domestic disturbances.” http://wwlp.com/2016/03/02/domestic-...n-more-danger/
    That's a great analogy. Add in the consideration that the woman may have been beating the husband and the police having quite variable racial or sexist biases as well - and may want to see the couple put their house up for sale so he/she can buy it.

    The US is described as the world's policeman but the US has its own interests to pursue.

    In the meantime the UN and the Arab League do nothing.
    Last edited by KC; 13-08-2016 at 09:05 AM.

  69. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    People should really start to stop listening to MSM controlled narrative . Libya and the people loved Khaddafi the country was one of the last countries in the world to have it's own bank . Khadaffi was going to stop usung the USA petro dollar for trading in Oil and was going to the gold standard . Automatic no no hence time to make him a evil dicatator. Khaddafi could walk un armed in the streets of Lybia . Talk to people from the country not networks like the clinton news network who keep their sheep in line. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiStDp_NcjQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJURNC0e6Ek So keep aping MSM on what's going on and think you're well advised in politics. Hillary is a globalist puppet who will be the end of the USA as you know it. Next up Iran and their country owned bank one of the very last on earth.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3_e0s0NJo
    I think you're generalizing a bit. (Or have a great comic sense of humour.) Every dictator, just as every democratic party leader has their devote, blindly loyal supporters and beneficiaries of the status quo, no matter how brutal it is towards the opposition. Additionally, timing is everything. So yes much of the populous loved him - at one time.
    "Loved" is past tense, a 'pre-tension'.
    Last edited by KC; 13-08-2016 at 09:20 AM.

  70. #170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    The US is described as the world's policeman but the US has its own interests to pursue.
    Correct

    If Syria had significant oil reserves, the US would be in there like a dirty shirt.


    This book is a bit dated but gives a huge insight to the 100 years of oil companys' and American plans for grabbing the oil in the Middle East

    Oil, Power, & Empire: Iraq and the U.S. Global Agenda Paperback – May 1 2003
    by Larry Everest



    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  71. #171

    Default

    Obama was just being sarcastic here too (he says they are training ISIL):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2NkjNvwuaU

  72. #172

    Default

    Obama makes one typo and meanwhile Trump lies every five minutes in speeches, and PolitiFact rates 70+ percent of his major political statements as being either somewhat false or a complete lie. ... or complete sarcasm...

    http://www.vox.com/2016/8/12/1239035...mp-lying-truth



    A fact checker looked into 158 things Donald Trump said. 78 percent were false. (as of July 1st)
    By Chris Cillizza

    PolitiFact, the nonpartisan fact-checking outlet based in Florida, is out today with its mid-year report on the 2016 election. It's an attempt to take a step back from the day-to-day grind of the campaign and see which candidates are telling the truth and which aren't.


    Donald Trump isn't.


    Of the 158 Trump claims that PolitiFact has checked out, 95 have been rated either "False" or "Pants on Fire." That's 60 percent of all Trump claims. As PolitiFact notes, if you include the Trump statements rated "mostly false" in that group, 78 percent of all of Trump's fact-checked claims have been scored "mostly false" or worse.


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ates-combined/
    Former NY Post Gossip Editor Explains How “Denying Facts” Has Been “Almost A Sport For Trump” Since The 1980s

    In an essay for Politico magazine, Susan Mulcahy, former editor for the New York Post‘s “Page Six,” explained that it’s been difficult to cover Donald Trump since the 1980s because of his “pathological lying.” According to Mulcahy, Trump was “the king of ersatz. Not just fake, but false. He lied about everything, with gusto. But,” to Mulcahy, “that was not immediately apparent.”

    Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, has repeatedly hyped falsehoods, parroted conspiracy theories, has been labeled by media fact checkers as “the king of whoppers” for his recurring habit of making false claims.


    According to Mulcahy, this behavior is nothing new for Trump, in fact, as early as the Post’s 1980s coverage of Trump, he ”could not control his pathological lying.” Mulcahy wrote that despite that “Trump lied all the time,” that he “was so outrageous – and outrageously tacky,” and that “every statement he uttered required more than the usual amount of fact-checking,” making covering him “a lot of work,” ignoring him would have been difficult: more
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 13-08-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  73. #173
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Well a lot of people have wanted Assange killed. Like he said, "You don't publish a million secrets a year without making a few enemies."
    I'm happy to see what he has in October..

  74. #174
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Obama makes one typo and meanwhile Trump lies every five minutes in speeches, and PolitiFact rates 70+ percent of his major political statements as being either somewhat false or a complete lie. ... or complete sarcasm...

    http://www.vox.com/2016/8/12/1239035...mp-lying-truth



    A fact checker looked into 158 things Donald Trump said. 78 percent were false. (as of July 1st)
    By Chris Cillizza

    PolitiFact, the nonpartisan fact-checking outlet based in Florida, is out today with its mid-year report on the 2016 election. It's an attempt to take a step back from the day-to-day grind of the campaign and see which candidates are telling the truth and which aren't.


    Donald Trump isn't.


    Of the 158 Trump claims that PolitiFact has checked out, 95 have been rated either "False" or "Pants on Fire." That's 60 percent of all Trump claims. As PolitiFact notes, if you include the Trump statements rated "mostly false" in that group, 78 percent of all of Trump's fact-checked claims have been scored "mostly false" or worse.


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ates-combined/
    Former NY Post Gossip Editor Explains How “Denying Facts” Has Been “Almost A Sport For Trump” Since The 1980s

    In an essay for Politico magazine, Susan Mulcahy, former editor for the New York Post‘s “Page Six,” explained that it’s been difficult to cover Donald Trump since the 1980s because of his “pathological lying.” According to Mulcahy, Trump was “the king of ersatz. Not just fake, but false. He lied about everything, with gusto. But,” to Mulcahy, “that was not immediately apparent.”

    Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, has repeatedly hyped falsehoods, parroted conspiracy theories, has been labeled by media fact checkers as “the king of whoppers” for his recurring habit of making false claims.


    According to Mulcahy, this behavior is nothing new for Trump, in fact, as early as the Post’s 1980s coverage of Trump, he ”could not control his pathological lying.” Mulcahy wrote that despite that “Trump lied all the time,” that he “was so outrageous – and outrageously tacky,” and that “every statement he uttered required more than the usual amount of fact-checking,” making covering him “a lot of work,” ignoring him would have been difficult: more
    Yes lets let a Liberal blogger give us his facts SMH http://www.politifactbias.com/ Who owns the site whats their political preference . Or you just going to believe it because it fits your narrative http://www.librarything.com/author/m...ifactbias.com/ susan Mulcahy self admitted liberal . Any more Propaganda you want to share ?
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 14-08-2016 at 06:11 AM.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  75. #175

    Default

    Hilarious! "Self admitted" voter! Voters seem to be coming coming out of the closet these days. Oh, what's that? This one favours just one party? Yeah, you're right there. Might reflect thoughtless irrational bias. Probably half of voters blindly support either the left or right without EVER switching. It's probably like religion, they just moronically adopt whatever views their parents held.

  76. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Or you just going to believe it because it fits your narrative ...?
    And similarly, you are going to deny it because it doesn't fit yours?
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  77. #177
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    My narrative is to fact check everything . Find where the source comes from who is behind it what motives do they have for releasing it. See raised in a politicians family you're taught this from a very young age. Don't believe a word from the press because it's all controlled . The left right paradigm is like someone taking a trip one on a plane one on a ship one might prefer the ship one the plane but they are both headed to the same location. American news outlets work like this Msnbc nbs cbs abc pbs cnn liberal Fox Conservitive.


    If you watch the coverage from msm you will see a trend everything Trump says is blown up twisted and used against him. Everything Hillary does bad is hidden not reported on. We are told polls show her with huge lead but trump is filling stadiums 20,000 plus she gets 50 on a good night . What's wrong with that picture. A Iowa newspaper says over 3000 loud supporters in a gymnasium at Hillary rally but pictures show 50 people . You can not find one picture of that rally with 3000 people let alone a 100 but people will believe the paper because you no its written why would they lie.

    You have cnn cutting off mics when Hillary's evil doings are brought up. They cut away from the rnc when Bengazi victims parents were about to talk.. SO because someone puts up a graph don't expect me to take it as biblical. People need to start to critical think again instead of relying on TV newsprints to what the narrative is. " It's easier to fool someone then to convince them they have been fooled " Samuel Clemmons "Let no man deceive you" the bible words to live by.
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 14-08-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  78. #178

    Default

    How sad is it that these days the onus is on the reader to figure out whether a news report is true or not?

  79. #179
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ozerna, North Edmonton
    Posts
    8,775

    Default

    ^^ Well said.

  80. #180
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    How sad is it that these days the onus is on the reader to figure out whether a news report is true or not?
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/128915608057188780/ Now go ask everyone you know which is faster a coyote or roadrunner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWY14eyMFg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLSwvZd17Qw Great watches your news folks lol.
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 14-08-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  81. #181

    Default

    OK

    Let's examine the 20,000 going to see Trump vs 50 seeing Clinton.

    That is akin to getting 20,000 going to see a monster truck event vs 50 to a classic music concert.

    Trump is all show, no substance.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  82. #182

    Default

    You think a classic music concert somehow has more substance than a monster truck show? If so, that's just a snobby attitude.

  83. #183

    Default

    OK, if having culture is being snobby, then I will accept the title.

    I guess you missed the analogy.


    Let's gey back to the subject.


    Let's see Hillary's emails

    That is the most important issue in the whole election. Add sarcasm here.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  84. #184
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clareview
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    This might be old but it was brought up earlier in the primaries: When Hillary lies its shown in her body language:

    http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...email-debacle/
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

  85. #185

    Default

    You can tell when Trump lies.

    Whenever he is breathing...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  86. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    You can tell when Trump lies.

    Whenever he is breathing...
    No, no, he's just "joking" or being "sarcastic."

    Thing is, he's been so "joking" or "sarcastic" , unless you're a bitter white male and believe he's "telling it like it is" pretty much everything he says is random and self-serving and mental diarrhea to jerk his ego. Like when I was 12 years old and listened to my drunk Ukey uncles talking about Kewbec and knowing it it all. But I'm not 12 years old anymore.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  87. #187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    OK, if having culture is being snobby, then I will accept the title.
    That's not "having culture". But your analogy is also certainly condescending, narcissistic, and delusional.

  88. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    OK, if having culture is being snobby, then I will accept the title.
    That's not "having culture". But your analogy is also certainly condescending, narcissistic, and delusional
    "Snobby" is not a description ever used on the unemployed, poorly, lowly employed. Culture is fluid and often defined by those with privilege, wealth, good fortune, etc and not those that have become disenfranchised, unemployed and even bankrupt.


    "Meanwhile, a huge number of their fellow citizens have been living the American Nightmare—behaving well and working hard but barely getting by." - Warren Buffett


    Globalization and its New Discontents by Joseph E. Stiglitz - Project Syndicate

    "In the US, Congressional Republicans even opposed assistance to those who were directly hurt by globalization. More generally, neoliberals, apparently worried about adverse incentive effects, have opposed welfare measures that would have protected the losers.

    But they can’t have it both ways: if globalization is to benefit most members of society, strong social-protection measures must be in place. The Scandinavians figured this out long ago; it was part of the social contract that maintained an open society – open to globalization and changes in technology. Neoliberals elsewhere have not – and now, in elections in the US and Europe, they are having their comeuppance."

    Globalization is, of course, only one part of what is going on; technological innovation is another part. But all of this openness and disruption were supposed to make us richer, and the advanced countries could have introduced policies to ensure that the gains were widely shared.

    https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...iglitz-2016-08

    Better Than Raising the Minimum Wage

    Help Americans who need it with a major, carefully crafted expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit.


    "The American Dream promises that a combination of education, hard work and good behavior can move any citizen from humble beginnings to at least reasonable success. And for many, that promise has been fulfilled. At the extreme, we have the Forbes 400, most of whom did not come from privileged backgrounds.

    Recently, however, the economic rewards flowing to people with specialized talents have grown dramatically faster than those going to equally decent men and women possessing more commonplace skills. In 1982, the first year the Forbes 400 was compiled, those listed had a combined net worth of $93 billion. Today, the 400 possess $2.3 trillion, up 2,400% in slightly more than three decades, a period in which the median household income rose only about 180%.

    Meanwhile, a huge number of their fellow citizens have been living the American Nightmare—behaving well and working hard but barely getting by. ..."


    http://www.wsj.com/articles/better-t...age-1432249927
    Last edited by KC; 14-08-2016 at 06:50 PM.

  89. #189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    OK, if having culture is being snobby, then I will accept the title.
    That's not "having culture". But your analogy is also certainly condescending, narcissistic, and delusional.
    Right. You have a lot of anger issues.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  90. #190

    Default

    Meanwhile, back on topic...

    Trump’s Self-Reckoning
    The GOP nominee and his supporters face a moment of truth.

    http://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-s...ing-1471213081
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  91. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    OK, if having culture is being snobby, then I will accept the title.
    That's not "having culture". But your analogy is also certainly condescending, narcissistic, and delusional.
    Right. You have a lot of anger issues.
    Ha ha

  92. #192

    Default

    Ledger in Ukraine shows monies listed for Trump's campaign manager Manafort.


    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us...ald-trump.html

    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/14/

    $12 million dollars is not a lot of money when it comes to running a campaign as candidates can and do burn through untold millions.
    I doubt this money is going to Trump's campaign but rather to Manafort the campaign manager so that he can influence Trump's decisions and thoughts. Egg Trump on when he is being particularly obnoxious (which is most of the time). Trump's a fool when it comes to politics and running a country. It could be that the people around him are using him like a puppet for their own agenda. Of course Trump will go along for the ride if he thought there was something in it for him. He does not care about the American people, it's all about him.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

  93. #193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    OK, if having culture is being snobby, then I will accept the title.
    That's not "having culture". But your analogy is also certainly condescending, narcissistic, and delusional.
    Don't let 'culture' get mixed up with 'class'. Money does not buy either of them. We have the proof of that in Trump.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

  94. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Don't let 'culture' get mixed up with 'class'. Money does not buy either of them. We have the proof of that in Trump.
    They do buy the illusion of culture/class, which is what narcissists like Trump and the Kardashians and a lot of bling-rappers trade on for their success.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

  95. #195
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    As Sam Harris has said, Trump is essentially what poor, uneducated, ignorant people think a rich person is. He's a caricature. It's definitely worth your time to listen to him talk about Trump's massive deficiencies as a candidate and human being: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU

  96. #196

    Default

    I think when Trump brags that he has lots and lots of money he thinks he automatically has bought some class. He is to dense to realize that class comes from within. You either have it or you don't. Trump seems like the type of person who's parents never disciplined or gave too much leeway to. Some kind of arrested development going on there.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

  97. #197
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I think when Trump brags that he has lots and lots of money he thinks he automatically has bought some class. He is to dense to realize that class comes from within. You either have it or you don't. Trump seems like the type of person who's parents never disciplined or gave too much leeway to. Some kind of arrested development going on there.
    You're actually right on the money. He was basically booted out of his school when he was 13 for terrible behavior and beating up other kids, and his dad sent him to a military boarding school to instill some discipline in him. The funny thing is, his dad was on the board of the private school he was initially attending, and even that couldn't prevent him from getting the boot.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...league-school/

  98. #198

    Default

    And the spoiled kid has not changed.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  99. #199
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    4,127

    Default

    If you get a kid that's a bully and you send him somewhere to toughen up, then the result is a tougher bully. Simple, really.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

  100. #200

    Default

    Then he dodges military service, thanks to his Dad, gets a million from Daddy when a million was a lot of money. He uses his bullying tactics in business for decades, dodges taxes, dodges bankruptcies, works the rigged system that favors the rich to his own benefit, plays the media, strokes his own ego with a reality TV show, lies, cheats and steals his entire career and then runs for President.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •