41 70.69%
  • Trump

17 29.31%
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 2,901 to 2,947 of 2947

Thread: Race for the White House

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Walmart will move their factories to the USA and go to Trump and get him to lower the minimum wage to $3.25 and enforce 60 hour work weeks.

The future for full time employment is great in the US.
    Funny you should say that as my last conversation with a Libertarian regarding the minimum wage found that he felt that the minimum wage was a disservice to the poor as it robbed them of employment. Ergo, full time employment was a greater virtue than a living wage.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Oh bring out the race card CNN...I saw plenty of races in his party headquarters...

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hello lady View Post
    I doubt she could do that phoney grin day in, day out..oh wait!
    Although I don't support Trump I'm just as glad to be rid of Hilary, she had way too much baggage. The Democrats need new younger blood. Sayanora Clintons.
    One could say that about the Republicans too. If (if) Trump wins he is going to surround himself with shady characters like Chris Christie and way past his due date Rudy Giuliani. They will bring nothing to the table except maybe a water bottle.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Clinton is closing in on the electorate vote, Trump 238 to 215 Clinton. Man, if she gets on par with Trump and then starts pulling ahead then wins Trump will go ballistic.
    He's ahead...in three states

I doubt she could do that phoney grin day in, day out..oh wait!
    Although I don't support Trump I'm just as glad to be rid of Hilary, she had way too much baggage. The Democrats need new younger blood. Sayanora Clintons.
    Agree100%..Clinton inc..Clinton fatigue

Oh bring out the race card CNN...I saw plenty of races in his party headquarters...
    Supposedly exit polling shows that Clinton failed to bring out the black vote. By not voting it means you are willing to accept whomever is elected. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Walmart will move their factories to the USA and go to Trump and get him to lower the minimum wage to $3.25 and enforce 60 hour work weeks.

The future for full time employment is great in the US.
    Funny you should say that as my last conversation with a Libertarian regarding the minimum wage found that he felt that the minimum wage was a disservice to the poor as it robbed them of employment. Ergo, full time employment was a greater virtue than a living wage.
    Cripes, that reminds me of the signs hung on concentration camps 'Work will set you free'. How awful.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Lmfao love it told you guys all along people are waking up to the liberal bs around the world hope for this planet yet
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Lmfao love it told you guys all along people are waking up to the liberal bs around the world hope for this planet yet
    It has often been said that America is a great experiment, so the voters have spoken and they have to accept whatever comes of their vote until the next time. As long as the experiment doesn't kill us, life will go on. Things need to get tweaked every once in a while.

As neighbors, we get to witness the results of the experiment for good or for bad. Hopefully we will learn something from it (again as long as it doesn't kill us).
    Last edited by norwoodguy; 08-11-2016 at 11:02 PM.

If Trump wins Captain Selfie will spend the next four years hiding under his bed.

If Trump wins Captain Selfie will spend the next four years hiding under his bed.
    The honeymoon is coming to an end he will have to renegotiate NAFTA. On the positive side, Keystone XL should be a go.

According to Trump a few months back he said if elected he would sign Keystone within the first week of him being in office. Now, if the republicans get both the house and the senate that could ring true.
    Just announced, Trump wins Utah.

Looking like a world of Biff.

If I could only see myself in 1989

I'd rather C2E than work!

The honeymoon is coming to an end he will have to renegotiate NAFTA. On the positive side, Keystone XL should be a go.
    I thought Trump's position was ripping up NAFTA not renegotiating it.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull View Post

I thought Trump's position was ripping up NAFTA not renegotiating it.
    Could be, but realistically it would have to be renegotiated given how intertwined our economies and supply chains are (as a country we are their largest trading partner). Unless Trump is willing to simply impose across the board tariffs, which would have broad cost implications for US companies.
    Last edited by norwoodguy; 08-11-2016 at 11:27 PM.

According to Trump a few months back he said if elected he would sign Keystone within the first week of him being in office. Now, if the republicans get both the house and the senate that could ring true.
    Just announced, Trump wins Utah.
    That's what we need...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitlope View Post
    Looking like a world of Biff.

If I could only see myself in 1989

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg
    Last edited by Dialog; 08-11-2016 at 11:40 PM.
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

17 of us called it. I'm not really surprised at all, the Democratic party put up a horrible candidate, a corrupt political insider. Good luck to Donald, time for change.

Boo hoo, Hillary supporters are crying and leaving ... poor old CNN, all their analysis was wrong.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...ing-keilar.cnn
    Last edited by moahunter; 08-11-2016 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    17 of us called it. I'm not really surprised at all, the Democratic party put up a horrible candidate, a political insider. Good luck to Donald, time for change.
    To the..17,ya

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

It's pretty much over now that PA went to Trump. Interestingly enough, Trump has the popular vote too by over a million votes.
    Last edited by Hilman; 09-11-2016 at 12:05 AM.

she wont be conceding her loss tonight.. oh the irony in this.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    she wont be conceding her loss tonight.. oh the irony in this.
    She probably didn't write a concession speech.

17 of us called it. I'm not really surprised at all, the Democratic party put up a horrible candidate, a corrupt political insider. Good luck to Donald, time for change.

Boo hoo, Hillary supporters are crying and leaving ... poor old CNN, all their analysis was wrong.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...ing-keilar.cnn
    In the end Trump was the better campaigner but I still believe, of the two, Clinton would have been a better president. The voters who gave the win to him expect a return to an era that is not coming back and nothing Trump can do will make it come back.

In the end Trump was the better campaigner but I still believe, of the two, Clinton would have been a better president. The voters who gave the win to him expect a return to an era that is not coming back and nothing Trump can do will make it come back.
    Yes, but the disenfranchised will have at least had their say, the country seemed like it was on the verge of imploding. Hopefully things will stay civil and hate crimes don't spike.

Yes, but the disenfranchised will have at least had their say, the country seemed like it was on the verge of imploding. Hopefully things will stay civil and hate crimes don't spike.
    With least civil party controlling the House and the Senate, and the least civil President in memory, I'm not holding out too much hope there.

Donald Trump elected president of the United States. At 276, may hit 300 electoral votes by the time it's over. Hillary has now called Trump and conceded the election. Buildthemhigh and others you were right. Congrats.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 09-11-2016 at 12:44 AM.

CNN is saying Clinton has conceded the race
    She has talked to trump on the phone

With least civil party controlling the House and the Senate, and the least civil President in memory, I'm not holding out too much hope there.
    Well he said what he had to in order to win, perhaps once he comes to grips with the gravity of occupying the office he will be less strident. There is talk of him provoking a constitutional crisis with some of his pronouncements, according to NBC news generals are reading the constitution in order to determine whether they can defy his orders. Even the notion of trying Clinton comes with some political risk. If world events transpire such that it invokes problems or a crisis at the feet of the US government he will need to address them. Otherwise it would be case of Nero fiddling while Rome turns. The job comes with huge responsibilities, how much can the US insulate itself against the rest of the world since it is so interconnected. What happens if there is a global recession?

Even Trump has financial interests abroad.
    Last edited by norwoodguy; 09-11-2016 at 12:51 AM.

CNN is saying Clinton has conceded the race
    She has talked to trump on the phone

They shamed her into it...

Good speech and good luck! Congratulations. God Bless America.

Hillary must regret mailing it in and relying on the MSM to do her campaigning for her.

Quote Originally Posted by SP59 View Post
    Hillary must regret mailing it in and relying on the MSM to do her campaigning for her.
    The Dems are probably kicking themselves for not flipping over to Bernie.

Bernie would have done his own work, like Trump.

So where was Hillary, graciously conceding defeat in a concession speech? Can you imagine the outcry if Trump had lost, and decided not to give a speech? This election was all about left wing media bias - glad to see Americans were smart enough to see through it and not elect a crook.

So where was Hillary, graciously conceding defeat in a concession speech? Can you imagine the outcry if Trump had lost, and decided not to give a speech? This election was all about left wing media bias - glad to see Americans were smart enough to see through it and not elect a crook.
    She's pulling a Prentice. Actually worse.

Id like to say something about the handshake study - but that would be sexist.

Obviously the election was rigged!

Bernie would have done his own work, like Trump.
    In that sense it's nice to see Clinton get slammed. Maybe Bernie will now stage a coup in the DNC. I bet he's just going to love talking with all those DNCers now.

News flash!

Early in the new year, Wikileaks is moving to Washington, Trump is granting immunity to Julian Assange, and Trump is going to Russia to bring back his newly adopted son, Vladimir Putin.

Well he said what he had to in order to win, perhaps once he comes to grips with the gravity of occupying the office he will be less strident. There is talk of him provoking a constitutional crisis with some of his pronouncements, according to NBC news generals are reading the constitution in order to determine whether they can defy his orders. Even the notion of trying Clinton comes with some political risk. If world events transpire such that it invokes problems or a crisis at the feet of the US government he will need to address them. Otherwise it would be case of Nero fiddling while Rome turns. The job comes with huge responsibilities, how much can the US insulate itself against the rest of the world since it is so interconnected. What happens if there is a global recession?

Ah, you've got a hyper-vindictive, hard talking authoritarian at the helm. He'll take a few actions to flex his muscle and then people will either duck and cover, abandon ship, or just do as they are told. They'll likely just do whatever is asked and hope he gets blamed for any major calamity. Of course, he'll just point to the bureaucracy and blame them. The generals will do as they are told. A whole lot current generals will be forced out and a new batch promoted.

A LOT of women are going to be quitting their government jobs.

As an aside, the women's rights movement is going to get very interesting, maybe even militant. Maybe globally because this will be a strong anti-women signal to the rest of the world as in the Middle East where women were becoming a destabilizing force in some Islamic countries. Now the Muslim men can relax on that front. Conservative values are back, in that sense.
    Last edited by KC; 09-11-2016 at 06:26 AM.

As I said, it's like when the board of directors of Apple punted the hated Steve Jobs, the experienced expert, and handed the keys to John Sculley the skilled businessman and marketer.

He didn't become more strident for the election, he's always been this way. After 70 years I doubt he's suddenly going to become diplomatic and reasonable.

Looking at the numbers this looks like an story of who stayed home rather than who came out. Trump and Clinton each got fewer votes than Obama and Romney but the drop for the Democrats was huge. And we also have the second time in U.S. history someone won the popular vote (assuming nothing changes) but lost the electoral vote.

Looking at the numbers this looks like an story of who stayed home rather than who came out. Trump and Clinton each got fewer votes than Obama and Romney but the drop for the Democrats was huge. And we also have the second time in U.S. history someone won the popular vote (assuming nothing changes) but lost the electoral vote.

The enthusiasm gap.

Trump was right about the polls, a lot of discredited people.

Americans clearly got sick of the Bushes and Clintons.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Hillary not speaking to her supporters and conceding last night shows what kind of person she really is. 16 years of W and Obama was enough for them, time for bigger and better things.
    Last edited by Hilman; 09-11-2016 at 08:15 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull
    And we also have the second time in U.S. history someone won the popular vote (assuming nothing changes) but lost the electoral vote.

I believe it's actually the fifth time, but only the second in modern times:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_elections_where _winner_lost_popular_vote

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    D.C. vote is 93% Clinton. That pretty much says it all. The Washington pigs at the trough paid for by working people want to preserve the status quo.
    The vast majority of "pigs at the trough" do not live in DC. Most live in Virginia, across the Potomac or in Maryland. The majority of people living in DC are poor, urban minorities (50% black, 10% latino, roughly). Although that's been changing recently. But please, as per usual, don't let facts get in the way of a good opinion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...ashington,_D.C.

HOW SWE-E-E-E-T IT IS !!

Top_Dawg

ab-

so-

lute-

ly-

loves it !

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

The race is over. The discussion has moved to this thread.
    Ow

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930