Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
Results 3,201 to 3,249 of 3249

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Of JT not me. Your overreacting.
    No Iím not. You say our pm made this choice solely for optics. What BS she is extreamly qualified.

Your starment id very sexist and the same sexist statement was made by many others when our pm chose his first cabinet roster.

Iím sorry you donít believe that she was chosen for her brain and accomplishments and instead believe it has something to do with her vagina and her heritage. The only outlandish opinion or over reaction here is yours.
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 12-02-2019 at 10:48 PM.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...m-cabinet.html

This on the same day that Trudeau was saying he had spoken to Raybould and that there were no issues and that they were in agreement that she wasn't directed.

This gets worse every day for Trudeau. I find it unsettling that he met with her twice in recent days to go over events (much like a criminal would do to get the stories straight for testimony) and with Trudeau typical bluster stating Raybould knew all along it was her call, no direction..

Now she resigns from cabinet, I mean her cabinet demotion. Also interesting is Trudeau statement he continued to have faith in her (but why then the demotion?) and lets be clear here she was highly touted by Trudeau when cabinet postings were assigned. There was never any explanation for why Raybould was demoted in the first place. Which is an action that is inconsistent with Trudeaus establishment of his cabinet.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    I don't think Trudeau cared about her qualifications but more about her as being an indigenous woman because he wanted a gender/racial balanced cabinet. I know that sounds misogynistic of him. This whole scandal, the longer it lasts is going to shed negative light on Trudeau and Scheer. If anything its entertaining.
    What a sexest statement to make, it makes you sound like the asshat not our PM.
    How is that sexist? Despite her qualifications and experience, Justin Trudeau himself said he hired so many women to cabinet positions "because it's 2015", not because they were qualified. I have no idea how anyone with at least half a brain can defend him for making THAT sexist statement.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

No I’m not. You say our pm made this choice solely for optics. What BS she is extreamly qualified.

Your starment id very sexist and the same sexist statement was made by many others when our pm chose his first cabinet roster.

I’m sorry you don’t believe that she was chosen for her brain and accomplishments and instead believe it has something to do with her vagina and her heritage. The only outlandish opinion or over reaction here is yours.
    I didn't say anything about her. I think Trudeau cared more about optics then Jody Wilson-Raybould qualifications which too me, sounds misogynistic of him.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    I don't think Trudeau cared about her qualifications but more about her as being an indigenous woman because he wanted a gender/racial balanced cabinet. I know that sounds misogynistic of him. This whole scandal, the longer it lasts is going to shed negative light on Trudeau and Scheer. If anything its entertaining.
    How is that sexist? Despite her qualifications and experience, Justin Trudeau himself said he hired so many women to cabinet positions "because it's 2015", not because they were qualified. I have no idea how anyone with at least half a brain can defend him for making THAT sexist statement.
    Thank you!

Just keep digging dude. You and Evan think some sort of affirmative action statementresulted in the promotion of women.. you are sad and your views are nothing but sexist and border on racist in this case as well. Itís sad to think you believe that these people werenít as equally or more qualified then their male counterparts.. that we somehow had to compromise or we sacrificed quality so we could have gender parity in cabinet....

The women of today have worked extreamly hard to break through barrier after barrier and you belittle their accomplishments, saying they have only achieved them because of benevolent men.

In a fair and balanced world our government and our cabinet will resemble that of the general population. With members of all communities and genders.

Itís sad to think that you are more interested in holding onto your sexist beliefs instead of accepting the fact that the people who were chosen to be in cabinet were chosen because they were qualified and capable.

Iím not responding to you anymore on this topic. I donít agree with the choices this minister has made on most of the issues she has had to deal with but in no way do I think that she wasnít qualified or deserving of the chance and the honour that she earned. She was awarded the job based on her merits.... not her private parts.
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 13-02-2019 at 12:00 AM.

No I’m not. You say our pm made this choice solely for optics. What BS she is extreamly qualified.

I’m sorry you don’t believe that she was chosen for her brain and accomplishments and instead believe it has something to do with her vagina and her heritage. The only outlandish opinion or over reaction here is yours.
    I didn't say anything about her. I think Trudeau cared more about optics then Jody Wilson-Raybould qualifications which too me, sounds misogynistic of him.
    I think most people agree. In anycase Trudeau staged and hoisted that as if it was principled egalitarian representation. The reality is your chances of being represented in Trudeaus Cabinet were several times higher if you happened to be a female. That isn't supposition, its fact.

edp will bang a gong regardless what you state.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Thatís right makes these various sexist remarks about me.

Bravo

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

This on the same day that Trudeau was saying he had spoken to Raybould and that there were no issues and that they were in agreement that she wasn't directed.

This gets worse every day for Trudeau. I find it unsettling that he met with her twice in recent days to go over events (much like a criminal would do to get the stories straight for testimony) and with Trudeau typical bluster stating Raybould knew all along it was her call, no direction..

Now she resigns from cabinet, I mean her cabinet demotion. Also interesting is Trudeau statement he continued to have faith in her (but why then the demotion?) and lets be clear here she was highly touted by Trudeau when cabinet postings were assigned. There was never any explanation for why Raybould was demoted in the first place. Which is an action that is inconsistent with Trudeaus establishment of his cabinet.
    I like what her father had to say.As for JT, he threw her under those Winnipeg buses he was standing in front of..she's been through a lot!

Why does Justin keep changing his story?
    Err umm err I don't err umm know..what a total *****, JT is.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post

I like what her father had to say.As for JT, he threw her under those Winnipeg buses he was standing in front of..she's been through a lot!
    Should be troubling to the Liberals that Rayboulds star is burning brighter for her principled resignation and for her apparent steadfast determination to uphold ethics than be party to Trudeaus version of camp cabinet.

I could very easily see Raybould crossing floor and being in a different cabinet after the next election.

JT is like a boy that will never grow up. With an understanding of idealism to match. Unfortunately for him he's pretty transparent.

Is it even possible that liberals could continue to support this government? Corruption took hold fast this time around. One term and this much hot water.
    Last edited by Replacement; 13-02-2019 at 12:44 AM.

Should be troubling to the Liberals that Rayboulds star is burning brighter for her principled resignation and for her apparent steadfast determination to uphold ethics than be party to Trudeaus version of camp cabinet.

I could very easily see Raybould crossing floor and being in a different cabinet after the next election.

JT is like a boy that will never grow up. With an understanding of idealism to match. Unfortunately for him he's pretty transparent.

Is it even possible that liberals could continue to support this government? Corruption took hold fast this time around. One term and this much hot water.
    The ethic commissioner has been busy with these feds, in a very short time, you're right.
    She could sit as an independent, but some party is missing out on a very good person. Maybe she could cross to the green party? I truly don't know. I didn't hear JT say once how smart she was, or how good she was at her job. Doesn't the p/t drama teacher realise he's yapping about an articulate lawyer? She has him, just by keeping silent..

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I do as well. I hope if its possible and when Trudeau gets the boot, Scheer or someone else will find a place for her in her/his cabinet. I'm looking forward to hearing what she says about all this.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    Scheer's statements about his meeting with SNC-Lavalin executives is so transparently false that it is laughable...
    Just so we have basic uniform understanding SNC met or truisms to meet with the leaders of all the major parties. Further to that the fact that they were lobbying for the addition of new prosecution categories was public knowledge and they even made public you tube videos advocating for what they wanted, why they wanted it and what outcome they were desiring.

Value judge this as you see fit, I have... I think it’s just important to get facts out on the table.
    Not that Scheer hasn't got dirt on his hands what with suggesting a deferred prosecution agreement:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...l-charges.html

What was that again about SNC-Lavalin edp?

She was awarded the job based on her merits.... not her private parts.
    Justin said he appointed her "because it's 2015"

I like to think that Justin looked beyond her genitals when giving her the job, but I can't be sure what he thinks.

I can only go by what he said. And that's what he said, word-for-word.

Not "Because she deserves it", not "Because she earned it", not "Because she is most qualified for it."

Nope. He said she was appointed for the job "Because it's 2015."
    Last edited by MrOilers; 13-02-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Scheer's statements about his meeting with SNC-Lavalin executives is so transparently false that it is laughable...
    Just so we have basic uniform understanding SNC met or truisms to meet with the leaders of all the major parties. Further to that the fact that they were lobbying for the addition of new prosecution categories was public knowledge and they even made public you tube videos advocating for what they wanted, why they wanted it and what outcome they were desiring.

Value judge this as you see fit, I have... I think it’s just important to get facts out on the table.
    Not that Scheer hasn't got dirt on his hands what with suggesting a deferred prosecution agreement:

That they publicly lobbied every major party and the Canadian Public directly

I like to think that Justin looked beyond her genitals when giving her the job, but I can't be sure what he thinks.

Not "Because she deserves it", not "Because she earned it", not "Because she is most qualified for it."

Having gender parody in cabinet should of happened years ago, increased numbers of women running for office should of happened years ago. They havenít for years. Politics has a long history of using women as fall people. They get called sluts, critisized for the way they sound. The way they look. The above is not an exhausted list.

The 2015 line refers to a lot of prior inequity... it doesnít mean we sacrificed quality.

Keep deminishing the achievements of women there oilers. Itís clear you donít get it.

why defend people who make comments like the fact she is aboriginal and a women were more important then her prior public recognition and achievements. Look back at the org statement. Look at what you are defending. You may not like the PM fine but donít qualify and quantify that dislike because he choose a number of highly qualified and capable women to be in his cabinet.

Start asking why so many men feel so insecure and threatened. I am not directing that statement at anyone in particular but when men react to women who succeed by diminishing it or threatening/wishing violence or rape upon them it becomes crystal clear that sexism persists to this day and in 2019 I would of liked to think we were better than this but we still arenít.

He didn't realise what a strong woman was, JWR is that strong woman, and she said no, no to doing the dirty for grubby SNC, regardless if Butts etc think Quebec is so special

He's spoken of JWR like she's something under his shoe, he's vapid and clueless and under that fake grin, he's angry!

Value judge this as you see fit, I have... I think itís just important to get facts out on the table.

He , Scheer, was asked questions about SNC, and * gasp* answered them, will JT, no, unless ordered to, he won't..HUGE difference

Having gender parody in cabinet should of happened years ago, increased numbers of women running for office should of happened years ago. They haven’t for years.
    It's been a gender parody since Trudeau was elected.

And maybe there are fewer women in politics because fewer women want to run for office than men do? Maybe it's more complex than "______ group is oppressed"? You won't consider that possibility, though because you always need to identify a hypotheical "victim" group everywhere you look, so you can keep patting yourself on the back to feed your insatiable "white in shining armour" ego.

S&P cut the Montreal-based company by one level to BBB-, the lowest investment-grade rating, according to a statement Tuesday. The downgrade reflects the companyís reduced prospects for earnings and cash flow, and heightened risk from a global slowdown and potential fallout from corruption charges in Canada, S&P said.

https://business.financialpost.com/commodities/mining/snc-lavalins-debt-rating-cut-by-sp-after-profit-warning

Having gender parody in cabinet should of happened years ago, increased numbers of women running for office should of happened years ago. They haven’t for years.
    It's been a gender parody since Trudeau was elected.

And maybe there are fewer women in politics because fewer women want to run for office than men do? Maybe it's more complex than "______ group is oppressed"? You won't consider that possibility, though because you always need to identify a hypotheical "victim" group everywhere you look, so you can keep patting yourself on the back to feed your insatiable "white in shining armour" ego.
    I laughed for a few minutes at the ironic term "gender parody" edp is good for those. I was waiting for somebody to mock it.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Just saying:

Just saying:

but, it's not quite he said, she said. It's more like he said and she hasn't said and I have a feeling for some reason it may remain that way.

Silence is golden, she'll speak eventually. She didn't hire a lawyer for fun!
    So much for JT the feminist. Demoting her for why? He's muzzled her..

So if you are a feminist, can you only demote men now? I think the reasons for demoting her have already been stated, whether you choose to believe them or not. Cabinet ministers positions change from time to time both for men and women, that's nothing new or unusual in our country.

As I understand it she is not speaking for legal reasons, not because Trudeau has told her not to so I wouldn't call it muzzling. There is still an active court case related to this matter, so understandably the ability for her to speak may be constrained. I expect this was her considered assessment of the situation and she may have hired the lawyer to confirm it.

He won't waive client /lawyer privilege. If he has nothing to hide, why not?
    Bring on the popcorn!!..lol
    Jody knows the law, far better than a p/t drama teacher
    I'll stand with her..

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/chie...otes-1.4297790

Butts really mucked this one up...

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Did the image come through?

Government spent $12.7 million on car rentals, on top of $23 million in new cars for the G7 summit | Sault Star

https://www.saultstar.com/news/polit...3-860a917a5488

Old executive privilege vs dumb teenager disadvantage

One group gets multimillion dollar bonuses and privileged access to power and the other forever burdened with a criminal record and no future

500,000 Canadians Have Old Criminal Records for Pot Possession. Trudeau Won’t Commit to Pardon Them.
    Critics accuse Trudeau government of being more interested in commercializing cannabis than civil liberties
    June 21, 2018

“On Wednesday, Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould and Liberal pot czar Bill Blair refused to answer direct questions from reporters about whether the Liberal government intends to pardon Canadians with old pot possession convictions.

The Liberals also voted against an NDP motion calling on the government to take steps to “immediately provide pardons for those burdened by criminal records for cannabis offences that will soon be legal.”

https://pressprogress.ca/500000-cana...o-pardon-them/

Hl I really think you are seeing what you want. I strongly suggest you listen to Canadaland today and oppo from last week. We have a lot of political insiders who wonít go on the record but have their own motives. We have stories written in questionable ways that are wit them in a tactically vague ways and all rubbing up agains the fact that joe public doesnít actually know how our govts work.

These same political insiders also claim that JWR was hard to work with which may be a tad sexist but it shows clear conflicts with her and people within cabinet. Letís remeber that it wasnít someone in the PMO office that leaked this story... itís liberal insiders.... who is that? Should the journalist.... who has his own motives.... even allowed for off the record anominous quoting.

Besides all of this there is JWR performance. She has put forward BAD legislation. The one that gave broad sweeping power to cops that will likely be found to be unconstitutional is the shining example of this! Itís funny because she vocally denounces the govíts reconciliation choices but then puts forward laws that will largely be disproportionately used against oppressed minorieties. She should of made refusing to be carded illegal while she was at it.

If she felt pressured, fine, but pressured is not the same as directed. Further to that in the Canadian system our head of govt can freely explore political questions around legal matters with our head of justice. Donít think for one second Harper didnít discus political and economical ramifications with Peter McKay, because he did. The possible closure of SNC and the loss of 10,000 jobs is something you canít not talk about. It doesnít mean they get to walk away but it does mean we have to decide carefully how we deal with and move forward from this.... further to all of this... the justice ministry has its own checks and balances to protect against political interference. None of which were instigated in this case... we know this because the process canít be side stepped they must be done in writing and must be part of the public record.

People are too fast to see what they want... call people names, make fun of teachers and think that what is going down in the USA also magically happens here at the same time.
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; Today at 10:17 AM.

JT has changed his story every single day. He's as guilty as sin, and a fake. He'll throw a strong indigenous woman under the bus to save his weak minded bully self!

Lefty followers, sheeple, will believe everything he says.This will all become PM Harpers fault, because that's all they have..
    I'll wait until minister Raybould speaks, I hope she leaves the liberals and sits independent.
    He's upset women, indigenous communities and now vets..what a loser!!!

Hard to work with? If that had been a male, that would never had been said, how disgusting.

JT has changed his story every single day. He's as guilty as sin, and a fake. He'll throw a strong indigenous woman under the bus to save his weak minded bully self!

Lefty followers, sheeple, will believe everything he says.This will all become PM Harpers fault, because that's all they have..
    I'll wait until minister Raybould speaks, I hope she leaves the liberals and sits independent.

Hard to work with? If that had been a male, that would never had been said, how disgusting.
    Are you okay?

Are you okay?
    Are you? You seem mighty sure JT isn't a liar, that's clearly a sign of deranged! ROTFL.

Hello Lady: Get some professional help.

Hello Lady: Get some professional help.
    After you, yeggyman.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4972637/g...u-snc-lavalin/

Justin Trudeau’s top adviser Gerald Butts resigns amid SNC-Lavalin affair

Lying POS!

C2E SME

This whole thing is a huge, huge mess. Depending on where this goes, JT may well end up being the first PM in Canadian history to win an initial majority and not get a second one.

“Hard to work with” is only said the females? I believe I’ve heard that said about males. A quick search brought up comments about Dion when he was being given the punt that he was known to be difficult to work with.

Also, I don’t one can legitimately yet say that Trudeau himself actually said that in Wilson-Raybould’s case. Read this:

Trudeau urged to condemn ‘racist and sexist’ attacks on Jody Wilson-Raybould amid SNC-Lavalin affair - National | Globalnews.ca

“That report referenced unspecified “insiders” and suggested Wilson-Raybould was shuffled from the high-profile portfolio last month because “she had become a thorn in the side of the cabinet, someone insiders say was difficult to get along with, known to berate fellow cabinet ministers openly at the table.” “

https://globalnews.ca/news/4951852/j...lson-raybould/
    As for saying; “He'll throw a strong indigenous woman under the bus to save his weak minded bully self!”, that sounds somewhat or potentially and inherently sexist/racist to me. Should being female and indigenous give someone privilege or protection from being thrown under the bus? Or are you suggesting that she is vulnerable to bullying because of being an indigenous female?
    Last edited by KC; Today at 02:05 PM.

House.of.cards.

I still recall this

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/onta...ects-1.3884108

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    This whole thing is a huge, huge mess. Depending on where this goes, JT may well end up being the first PM in Canadian history to win an initial majority and not get a second one.
    I can't predict future elections, but if that happened, it would definitely not be the first government to go from majority to minority:

Diefenbaker - 1958 majority/won minority in next election (lost election after that)
    PE Trudeau - 1968 majority/won minority in next election (then won majority in election after that in 1974)

For what its worth, Mackenize King, Canada's longest serving Prime Minister also initially had two minority governments, then lost an election after that and finally came back with several majority governments.

The more interesting and perhaps relevant trend in Canada is that PM's that win minority governments often tend to come back after with a majority, so for all those fervent conservatives hoping Trudeau gets a minority, be careful what you wish for!

I'm having a very good day, CBC is all of a lather.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Now that Butt's resigned adds another layer to this story.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    I can't predict future elections, but if that happened, it would definitely not be the first government to go from majority to minority:

Hmmm, I thought I'd read that a couple times in various articles from MacLean's and the like. They had some qualifications when it was mentioned, perhaps the same as the ones you mention.

Now that Butt's resigned adds another layer to this story.

Will Katie Telford? they come as a pair..

This whole thing is a huge, huge mess. Depending on where tthis goes, JT may well end up being the first PM in Canadian history to win an initial majority and not get a second one.
    The story is definitely out of control but Iím not sure how much people actually care.

C2E SME

This whole thing is a huge, huge mess. Depending on where tthis goes, JT may well end up being the first PM in Canadian history to win an initial majority and not get a second one.
    The story is definitely out of control but I’m not sure how much people actually care.
    It remains to be seen how much they should care. But if the accusations are true, then they absolutely should. It's incredible to me that the federal Liberals are so blind to how bad this looks to the rest of the country outside of Quebec. Why can they not understand that the rest of Canada is fed up with the corruption constantly flowing from Quebec, and the Liberals' culpability in much of it? I'd thought they'd learned their lesson after the Gomery and Charbonneau commissions/inquiries, but apparently not.

Given the massive amount of corruption SNC has been involved in globally, it is high time it got shut down. No matter how much of Quebec taxpayers' funds have been invested in it by the Caisse recently. I don't care if they've cleaned up their act recently. The Monteal hospital bribery, trying to smuggle Saaid Gadaffi out of Libya, and numerous other incidents make it clear that it was a totally corrupt organization that should be prosecuted in to irrelevance.
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; Today at 07:26 PM.

Maybe Stantec will be able to pick it up on the cheap.

Get the Feds go provide grants, loan guarantees, etc to make it worthwhile.
    Last edited by KC; Today at 09:04 PM.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233