Thread: Maybe we should call Fossil Fuels Ketchup?

Default Maybe we should call Fossil Fuels Ketchup?

Lol, this made my morning...

With over 100,000 jobs lost in Alberta since the collapse of commodity prices and more to come, I long to see the same passion for the most important locally made product in the country! The oil and gas sector accounts for nearly 1.8 million direct and indirect jobs in Canada. $26 billion in revenues have been generated for governments across the country every year from 2009 and 2013. And where, oh where, is the passion to defend this industry?

Approximately 750,000 barrels of foreign oil are purchased and shipped into Canada every day. Of those barrels, 300,000 barrels are brought in via tanker to Canada’s Irving refinery in New Brunswick. Canada has all the oil it needs right here and yet we outsource our market share to countries a world away.

Canada spent almost $100 Billion on foreign oil from 2012-2015 according to Statistics Canada. The oil and gas sector – and consequently, the national economy – is on its heels and the Federal Liberals and Alberta NDP are sticking their proverbial feet out to complete the fall. Why a safe and much needed pipeline (TransCanada’s Energy East) cannot be completed to get Canada’s locally-sourced product to other regions of the country in need of the resource is insane.

Are we interested in creating jobs and prosperity? Maybe the solution to all of this is for a guy in Orillia, ON to write a Facebook post titled “Bye. Bye. Foreign Oil.” After all, the Canadian oil sector is on the metaphorical bottom shelf of the world oil market and is squeezed below rows and rows of foreign oil.

I love the passion this man has created for locally sourced products. I applaud all of the people who have supported him and affected change that ultimately saved jobs and kept commerce within Canada’s borders.
    http://boereport.com/2016/03/31/mayb...tchup-instead/

Maybe it has something to do with it being called "French's"??????

I'd rather C2E than work!

What an eye opener of an article. Hey Justin & Rachel, are you listening?
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

I'm seeing on the news if the party members vote for it the federal NDP will legislate that oil be left in the ground were they to assume power. Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I'm seeing on the news if the party members vote for it the federal NDP will legislate that oil be left in the ground were they to assume power. Hmm
    Doesn't surprise me, because oil prices are low now. Watch them about face should commodity prices increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I'm reasonably confident the federal NDP will never legislate anything.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

This thread has to be among moa's "best" trolls.

(Yay team! Let's sacrifice everything in Canada for Calgary's benefit!)
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Bada bing:

Premier Notley Must Go

Bada boom
    Last edited by envaneo; 11-04-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Lol.

^^ I'll ignore the dubious claims about carbon sinks and suggest that a carbon tax is a good policy regardless. Government services need to be paid for and the less oil we use here, the more we can export and the more money we make.

But...

^^^ What exactly are we sacrificing by allowing corporate money to build a pipeline so that Alberta oil can displace foreign oil in Quebec and the Atlantic provinces?

^lol, clearly posting an article suggesting Canadians buy Canadian oil, just like Canadian's buy ketchup made from Canadian tomato's, is troll like activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium48 View Post
    ^^ I'll ignore the dubious claims about carbon sinks and suggest that a carbon tax is a good policy regardless. Government services need to be paid for and the less oil we use here, the more we can export and the more money we make.

But...

^^^ What exactly are we sacrificing by allowing corporate money to build a pipeline so that Alberta oil can displace foreign oil in Quebec and the Atlantic provinces?
    Are we allowed to discuss the oil currency the CAD has become?

^ Selling more oil to other Canadians in Canadian dollars will not increase the volatility of the Canadian dollar.

Lol.

First, you're dreaming if you think oil from this pipeline wouldn't get on ships.
    Second, except for shipping costs, markets don't care from where the demand is satisfied, just currency does. Supply is supply.

And another for all you lefties:

"Per capita is the method environmentalists and “green” politicians deliberately use, ad nauseam, to avoid having to admit Canada’s emissions are insignificant on a global scale"

Greenhouse gases? Not our problem
    Part of the hypocritical attack on Canada from the international community when it comes to climate change is that we bear a special burden because our “per capita” emissions of industrial greenhouse gases are among the highest in the world.
    m.torontosun.com

^ you are exactly the type of person that Calgary needs.

moahunter should be glad to have coffee with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium48 View Post
    ^ Selling more oil to other Canadians in Canadian dollars will not increase the volatility of the Canadian dollar.
    Ahhh, but it would turn everyone in Alberta into a Calgarian, because there is nobody outside of Calgary who benefits from oil and gas... It seems per another thread, Trudeau is a Calgarian at heart / troll as well:

http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...ad.php?t=38529

^ Oh yes, I'm so thankful for the once in a decade floods of otherwise unemployables alternating with the floods of predictably unemployed, which has now morphed into coincident cycles of manufacturing and tourism scourge.

Anyone who is looking can see the inherently massive cycles in moagoof's patron industry.

^yip, if we just stopped producing oil, and purchased it all from Saudi Arabia and similar, clearly Alberta would be a booming paradise, just like Montana is.

^ So you're saying busts are fiction? That they're unpredictable? That an industry of the provinces of a sixth the Nation's population hasn't hijacked the entire Nation's currency?

Here's another one but there are some typos:

http://joannenova.com.au/2014/09/we-...te-statistics/
    Last edited by envaneo; 12-04-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    ^ So you're saying busts are fiction? That they're unpredictable? That an industry of the provinces of a sixth the Nation's population hasn't hijacked the entire Nation's currency?
    So, you are accusing me of being a troll for posting an article (which most people on here have appreciated, I know I enjoyed it which is why I posted it), suggesting we buy Canadian oil in Canada (something Trudeau and Notley appear to agree with me on), because you think it hurts oil hurts our currency, which means it hurts Edmonton at the expense of Calgary? (both Edmonton and Calgary have have some of the highest family salaries and wages in Canada, even with the "bust"). Do you also think that Canadian ketchup hurts our currency, because otherwise we would be importing tomatoes?

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

No name calling. Post unapproved.
    Ow

Good thing just a few people read this stuff. lol

^^ Very sorry.

I've recomposed my post to make the same point:

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    So, you are accusing me of being a troll for posting an article (which most people on here have appreciated
    Really? Most people?

, I know I enjoyed it which is why I posted it)
    So, you are "most people"? How come you lost all three levels of government in the last elections, Mr. Most People?

, suggesting we buy Canadian oil in Canada (something Trudeau and Notley appear to agree with me on), because you think it hurts oil hurts our currency
    lol. Re-read what you've written.

No, obviously.

But I do realise how much you like imagining your opponents' arguments for them.

, which means it hurts Edmonton at the expense of Calgary?
    Not sure here if you can tell the difference between "Edmonton" and "Canada" here, but for once I'm flattered by your ******ity.

(both Edmonton and Calgary have have some of the highest family salaries and wages in Canada, even with the "bust").
    Calgary's unemployment rate increased 4% more than Edmonton's. Just sayin'.

Do you also think that Canadian ketchup hurts our currency, because otherwise we would be importing tomatoes?
    It depends, do you imagine that I can see the difference between:

This
    Employment
    Industry Employment
    (Jobs)
    % of total
    employment
    Energy (Direct)
    • Oil and Gas**
    • Electricity

Energy (Indirect)***
    • O&G Construction
    • Electricity Construction

Total
    (Direct + Indirect) 902,000
    Source

and this:

When Heinz closed the plant, where it had been operating since 1909, 740 workers lost their jobs.
    Source

I assume you want to imagine