Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 1,001 to 1,009 of 1009

Thread: Enough of these 'I'm Offended, It's not Politically Correct' people already

Fanatical:

Canada’s most passive-aggressive anti-smoking crusader? Mystery man spends months vandalizing Victoria smoking spot | National Post

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...a-smoking-spot

Interesting story. Obviously that guy thinks he has the right to impose his own views on everybody else. It seems to be more and more common these days.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

He can try but succeeding is often doing not? Trying to sound like Yoda.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Fanatical:

Canada’s most passive-aggressive anti-smoking crusader? Mystery man spends months vandalizing Victoria smoking spot | National Post

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...a-smoking-spot
    The aggressive anti smoking crusader is in the wrong, but the smoker certainly is as well. By her own admission she was discarding cigarette butts all around the rock for years until confronted, and without even using an ashcan or anything or just keeping the butts. This on a parkland and bordering peoples homes. Any discarded butt of which could start a fire but that surely is disgusting to look at for any passersby. This behavior coming from a schoolteacher who should be ashamed she EVER thought the world is her ashtray. For 13years this teacher was sitting on the rock, in a parkland, discarding her cigarette butts wherever she felt. She only abided to NOT do that when "her rock" would otherwise be denied her, and after which she was reported to the school and authorities.

THAT, is the other side of the story.

To put it into perspective I know some homeless gents, who live and exist in a parkland (I won't disclose its location) and often share a park bench with me (I'm a cyclist) and have even offered me a swig off their brown bag (declined) These individuals smoke at a bench often enjoying the view and the relaxation of their day. They brought in their own large can for the cigarette butts that they, and others might otherwise discard casually. They put rocks in the bottom of the large can so it doesn't blow away. They even surround the can with rocks to further mount it near the bench.

So that two young homeless people, down on their luck have more sense than someone in a position of privilege educating our young. You wonder sometimes..
    Last edited by Replacement; 15-07-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

The story does say that she used to discard cigarette butts on the ground, but this is not about a man trying to stop her from littering. This is about a man trying to stop her from smoking. If it was about littering it would be a very different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    The story does say that she used to discard cigarette butts on the ground, but this is not about a man trying to stop her from littering. This is about a man trying to stop her from smoking. If it was about littering it would be a very different story.
    A man that seemingly failed in the task with a spouse and so is going after a bystander.

The last paragraph says it all.

Plane-Bae Woman's Statement Confirms the Worst - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...-worst/565139/

I feel offended by this thread......
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    The last paragraph says it all.

Plane-Bae Woman's Statement Confirms the Worst - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...-worst/565139/
    This world was a better place before social media... (did I say that already?)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011