Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: I love Edmonton

  1. #1
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    467

    Default I love Edmonton

    I am in love with Edmonton. I was downtown yesterday both driving around and walking (sadly I did not have my phone with me to snap some pics). In addition to all of the construction happening, there is a vibrancy that is palpable, that I pray Winnipeg will experience in the next decade. Standing at 104 Street and 104 Ave was really enjoyable, seeing so many pubs, taverns, etc and the beautiful red brick on so many buildings. It was so charming and quaint!!! Everywhere you look across downtown there is a restaurant or pub with a patio; it was an awesome day downtown!!! I can only imagine the utopia in, say, 5 years...

  2. #2
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton - Blue Quill
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    What a terrific first post! Welcome to Connect2Edmonton.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks Prairie Boy and welcome to C2E!
    www.decl.org

  4. #4

    Default

    It's not his first post or even his first user account here...

    But yes, posts like this are great! We've come a long way since Greco moved from Winnipeg to Edmonton.
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

  5. #5
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    It's not his first post or even his first user account here...

    But yes, posts like this are great! We've come a long way since Greco moved from Winnipeg to Edmonton.
    What are you talking about? I have never been registered on here prior to moving here last year...I am on SSC, and Greco is there too. I do not like him LOL. He loves Winnipeg; I do not! Was he on here too?

  6. #6

    Default

    ^ah, the you are probably WinnipegPatriot, no?

  7. #7

    Default

    Skyscrapercity doesn't nearly have as good a local community the way connect2Edmonton and skyscraperpage has.

    Welcome to c2e Prairie Boy!
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

  8. #8
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetroEd View Post
    ^ah, the you are probably WinnipegPatriot, no?
    Aye!

  9. #9
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Skyscrapercity doesn't nearly have as good a local community the way connect2Edmonton and skyscraperpage has.

    Welcome to c2e Prairie Boy!
    Totally!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Boy View Post
    I am in love with Edmonton. I was downtown yesterday both driving around and walking (sadly I did not have my phone with me to snap some pics). In addition to all of the construction happening, there is a vibrancy that is palpable, that I pray Winnipeg will experience in the next decade. Standing at 104 Street and 104 Ave was really enjoyable, seeing so many pubs, taverns, etc and the beautiful red brick on so many buildings. It was so charming and quaint!!! Everywhere you look across downtown there is a restaurant or pub with a patio; it was an awesome day downtown!!! I can only imagine the utopia in, say, 5 years...
    It is stunning, isn't it, that even with as far as we need to go that we've already come so far.

    I too hope for similar for Winnipeg, although there are things about Winnipeg I too envy:
    • much nicer looking fan amenities plus weather shields on the stadium
    • a National cultural institution
    • the sheer number and quality of heritage buildings are just waiting for the moment they get to show Western Canada what no other city could.


    Plus, culturally, I think Winnipeg is the only city in this region that can hold a candle to Edmonton. That's important. Restaurants and pubs too are fundamental, but dance, music and theatre are going to be harder for Calgary and Vancouver to generate than Brewsters HQ and the world's highest density of Starbucks...

    I mean, I love both for the rootsy raw ingredients, even as both are yet half-baked.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

  11. #11
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Yes, I too want what Edmonton and Calgary are experiencing to be replicated in Winnipeg.

  12. #12

    Default

    the Alberta oil industry has been so robust for so many decades that it has been able to help support the growth of two major cities. just imagine how quickly Winnipeg would grow being the only large city in Manitoba if it could find a similar industry to help accelerate things there!

  13. #13
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetroEd View Post
    the Alberta oil industry has been so robust for so many decades that it has been able to help support the growth of two major cities. just imagine how quickly Winnipeg would grow being the only large city in Manitoba if it could find a similar industry to help accelerate things there!
    True, but other cities without oil and gas benefits have grown and prospered, such as Omaha, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Boise...

    Provincial and municipal governments over the past 50 years failed to create a favorable business climate, and made massive mistakes in terms of urban development.

  14. #14

    Default

    ^ sorry, thought for sure you were Greco for sure.
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

  15. #15
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    467

    Default

    No prob!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •