Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hudson's Tap House DT closing

C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

I don't understand the "vs" thing. Edmonton has many core communities. I wouldn't characterize the 118 Ave commercial core as the "suburbs" and it's certain not "downtown". But it is a valid community that some people treasure as home.

C2E Long Term Contributor

All depends on what he/they are saying. Great cities have many great neighbourhoods.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.L View Post
    I think it pretty much comes down to an attitude of putting down other areas of the city to make downtown seem better. I'm all for downtown boosterism, but not if you have to crap on another area to make your point.
    That's the image that many downtown boosters are putting out there. It's not exactly endearing.
    1. Examples?

2. Would it justify the hounding, personal insults, strawmanning, and even indicating someone's personal building address that I'm taking issue with?
    Let's make Edmonton better.

That's the image that many downtown boosters are putting out there. It's not exactly endearing.
    This. With many on this forum, its downtown or nothing. Anything beyond downtown is nothing but walmart and trucks nuts. Youre only worthy if you live downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    This. With many on this forum, its downtown or nothing. Anything beyond downtown is nothing but walmart and trucks nuts. Youre only worthy if you live downtown.
    Hardly.

Edmonton has many great hoods: AB Ave, 124st bordering, garneau, highlands, strathcona, etc.... but it also has a lot of nice burbs who continue to burb with this veil of 'new burbs'.
    www.decl.org

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    I think it pretty much comes down to an attitude of putting down other areas of the city to make downtown seem better. I'm all for downtown boosterism, but not if you have to crap on another area to make your point.
    1. Examples?

2. Would it justify the hounding, personal insults, strawmanning, and even indicating someone's personal building address that I'm taking issue with?
    I'm not going to find examples, but they are plentiful. As for justifying the backlash, I'm not here to justify anything. Simply trying to explain what downtown boosterism is starting to devolve into from my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    And you're suggesting this is me because Rexall Place is a mere 200 metres closer to Downtown than Huff Bremner Industrial Park.

200 metres dude. Time to freak your little head out. 200 metres is threatening the existence of the Cul de Sac.

Years ago you had relevance. That's the best I can say for you. Now you're an extraordinarily poor ambassador of whatever you're pretending to represent.

As always i'll keep my mind open, but it's up to you to learn how to a) reason, and b) represent.

Thanks for your opinion on me, i really dont care what you think i am or what you think i represent, or if you consider me relevant or not. Keep your personal jabs to yourself though. If you take such offense to a different point of view, just put me on ignore.

Keep my personal "jabs" to myself?

1. You do it to yourself.

2. After you, please and thanks.

Good luck with it.

First One is Always Free

Sun for days in the summer. There's nothing blocking that patio from the west.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Hopefully the rest of the podium gets cleaned up too. It's pretty bad now. Also, will look weird alone by itself with the rest looking so tired.

^Not sure about the podium, but we understand the rest of the CRU's are leased.
    www.decl.org

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

The entire building needs some serious TLC. It's in rough shape.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Hey I pigged out across the street last night , Swiss Chalet, with Sonny Boy and his mom

Anyone know when it's planned to open? The signage says summer. I am missing Hudsons!

Curious as well. Will be great to have another large, nice patio option downtown.
    www.decl.org

I remember chatting with one of the construction guys... they mentioned their soft opening would be before the long weekend holiday.... just cant recall which one. This was a month or two ago when the insides were still bare bones.

Reference ID: Job No 224910578-001
    Description: To install a Fascia On-premises Sign and a Projecting On-premises Sign (Canada's Pub Hudsons)
    Plan 1522596 Unit 855
    10125 - 109 STREET NW
    Condo Common Area (Plan 9020932,1522596,1622431)
    Applicant: PRIORITY PERMITS
    Create Date: 6/29/2016 9:49:10 AM
    Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
    www.decl.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12