Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hudson's Tap House DT closing

Default Hudson's Tap House DT closing

Hudsons DT announced on social media they will be closing. Monday, July 13th will be their last day.

New location to open DT 2016......

First One is Always Free

For a brief portion of a second I read that as Hudsons Bay DT closing and almost had heart failure.

Good move for Hudsons. Perhaps something in the arena? Or Kelly Ramsay?

I'd rather C2E than work!

I assume the new location will be in the AED.

Ye olde arena is drawing businesses to it like a magnet.

Could never really figure out the arangement of businesses along 104 avenue where Hudsons is. Very peculiar.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

I wonder why they aren't staying open until the new place opens. Expiring lease? Costs?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Not sure if the lease is up or not. They've been there 8 years.

C2E Bandwidth Hog
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

I can't see them being in the EAD if they say their new location will be in 2016. I'm pretty sure the podium won't be ready by then
    EDACC-EAD-YEGDT FTW!

Mods, can we retitle this thread Hudson's Tap House DT closing. ?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Actually, Top_Dawg likes the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCalvin View Post
    I can't see them being in the EAD if they say their new location will be in 2016. I'm pretty sure the podium won't be ready by then
    Remember, December 2016 is still 2016. If the arena will be open by October 2016 for hockey, I'm confident that some of the non-tower areas of the AED will also be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamEDM View Post
    For a brief portion of a second I read that as Hudsons Bay DT closing and almost had heart failure.

Nope... opening on 109 Street Capital Condos (far north end) same complex as The Pint

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    I wonder why they aren't staying open until the new place opens. Expiring lease? Costs?
    Sold their existing location

Quote Originally Posted by nunuangel99 View Post

Nope... opening on 109 Street Capital Condos (far north end) same complex as The Pint
    Interesting.

^Strange location, but ok.
    www.decl.org

closer to the action (AED and the current downtown hotspots like Pint/Central), will become the defacto Norquest/Macewan bar.

Could be a good move. Virtually no parking means less drunk driving liability too.

I meant strange in that it's not a space I would have thought of or was on the market. But ya totally make sense. And ya, they don't need a parking lot.
    www.decl.org

Top_Dawg has no time for either Hudson's or The Pint.

Be it downtown or on Whyte.

There's just something about the clientele they attract.

Top_Dawg finds that O2's on Jasper and Whyte are way better managed.

And if ever O2's would improve their food, it would be outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    I meant strange in that it's not a space I would have thought of or was on the market. But ya totally make sense. And ya, they don't need a parking lot.
    They're redoing the bottom two floors of that entire building. It's a pretty dead space (less so with the pint there).

http://www.collierscanada.com/14140#.VZ6uEvk-1Gs

^I'm glad to see this location improved, Hudsons will be good actually. And glad to see businesses embrace big patios in Edmonton.
    www.decl.org

C2E Long Term Contributor

Much better location, will walk to Pint, but Hudson's is simply those 3 extra blocks to the middle of nowhere.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Much better location, will walk to Pint, but Hudson's is simply those 3 extra blocks to the middle of nowhere.
    Macewan students living in residence and the far larger Oliver vs. DT population beg to differ.

My friend owns a condo across the street from Hudson's - it was a popular hang out despite being a mediocre establishment. I guess we'll frequent whatever takes it's place.

Looking at the site plan on Collier's website, I'm curious which CRU's they'll be taking, as I imagine they'd want patio, but the big patio potential is nowhere near any of the larger CRU's.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

I like how Capital Centre is trying to improve the commercial frontage along the street. As it stands its quite setback and does not have that great of presence from the street. Good to see Hudson's move closer to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Macewan students living in residence and the far larger Oliver vs. DT population beg to differ.
    Sure, but it was an island in the middle of a strip mall, the new location is much better connected.
    www.decl.org

Unless the current location is taken by something similar, the students will likely migrate to Canadian Brewhouse or just make the walk to Hudson's.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

My friend owns a condo across the street from Hudson's - it was a popular hang out despite being a mediocre establishment. I guess we'll frequent whatever takes it's place.
    1st Period? Or 1st Round? Something like that.

Heard Hudson's group bought the lower floor (condo'd) hence one reason for the move
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.L View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCalvin View Post
    Remember, December 2016 is still 2016. If the arena will be open by October 2016 for hockey, I'm confident that some of the non-tower areas of the AED will also be ready.
    Not that it matters anymore, as we found out where it is going. But for clarification, the plaza won't be done the same time as the arena (i.e. in 2016). Even if it was, it would be rare to give occupancy permit with construction going on overhead (I'm aware this is exactly what's happening at J22).
    EDACC-EAD-YEGDT FTW!

Confirmed, 1st Round is moving in.

Middle of nowhere? Come on man, its not like its out in windermere!

Touch, but walking from downtown it is/was.
    www.decl.org

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by nunuangel99 View Post

The Colliers listing seems to indicate the physical therapy clinic will not necessarily be leaving, is that incorrect?

What's the population of Oliver vs DT? Oliver is such a lifeless area that isn't worthy of a pub I guess. I mean, it's so hard to cross a street with a crosswalk, not to mention the gobs of condos on 105 ave with walking paths right to this, and no streets to cross.

We all agree this wasn't the ideal urban development, but the location is really good.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Quote Originally Posted by gort View Post
    Confirmed, 1st Round is moving in.
    Has anyone been to 1ST RND?

It looks to be your average sports bar, but at least it has some local microbrews to go along with the usual global brands. Food menu is meh.

http://1strnd.ca/

Are you a man or a little girl? Honestly for a downtown dude that promotes an active walking lifestyle and in another breath claim this location was far from downtown and middle of nowhere? Come on man. Ive personally seen you walk further than that to on the rocks or former kellys or druid.

Strip mall.
    www.decl.org

Strip mall.
    How many times have you creamed your jeans on this forum about Burger's Priest? Infinitely worse strip mall in a significantly more wasteful development. I'll just assume you don't care for Hudson's.

There's a consistent trend in your posts that goes like this: Everything MUST be DT or it sucks, unless Ian likes it, in which case the location is irrelevant.

If its not within the artificial boundaries of the decl its a suburban waste land...

Im not sure how high up the douchesnobbery scale that is but its certainly up there

Strip mall.
    How many times have you creamed your jeans on this forum about Burger's Priest? Infinitely worse strip mall in a significantly more wasteful development. I'll just assume you don't care for Hudson's.

There's a consistent trend in your posts that goes like this: Everything MUST be DT or it sucks, unless Ian likes it, in which case the location is irrelevant.
    Calm down, I was joking.

Hudson's is ok, but I rarely go due to it being 3 blocks past the same thing, that being The Pint, that was my point. The new location means better choice as I prefer it to the Pint.

Hardly. I'd like more Downtown, I'd like more people to come downtown, but I enjoy visiting other hoods such as 118ave, 124st, whyte, garneau etc etc etc.

But keep thinking that.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    If its not within the artificial boundaries of the decl its a suburban waste land...

Im not sure how high up the douchesnobbery scale that is but its certainly up there
    Why are you always so accurate and how do you know me so well?
    www.decl.org

You make an excellent case study.

You mean the artificial boundaries of the Census and the Downtown Plan, which are followed by the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues, no?

Let's make Edmonton better.

Strip mall.

Calm down, I was joking.

Hudson's is ok, but I rarely go due to it being 3 blocks past the same thing, that being The Pint, that was my point. The new location means better choice as I prefer it to the Pint.

Hardly. I'd like more Downtown, I'd like more people to come downtown, but I enjoy visiting other hoods such as 118ave, 124st, whyte, garneau etc etc etc.

But keep thinking that.
    See, and Hudson's is far more accessible for all of Oliver than Pint is. So the same reasons you don't go to Hudson's are the same reason I don't go to Pint. Well, the food is better too, so there's that. Hudson's will probably be completely off my radar in the new location since it'll be a pain to find parking for, and Beer Revolution will be closer from my buddy's place.

I'm a bit surprised, I used to live in this building in the early 2000's, always had a seedy bar in it back then. Hudsons there will be nice, just wonder about lack of parking. Hope it works for them though. I guess it will be great for all the people living nearby (good location to live). The Oliver square location, while not my cup of tea, always got a lot of people driving home to the West End after work, this one won't so they are going to lose regulars, a lot of CFL players used to hang out there.
    Last edited by moahunter; 13-07-2015 at 09:45 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

We all agree this wasn't the ideal urban development, but the location is really good.
    For a general purpose sports pub/restaurant type of establishment that has a steady lunch and dinner crowd, yes. As a bumping destination club pub trying to draw hundreds of people on a Friday/Saturday night? Not so much. People want to be able to go to multiple places without having to walk 15 minutes or take a cab. The Oliver Square Hudson's has seen a pretty steady decline over the past 5 years as The Pint and Central Social Hall siphoned off a lot of that type of business. Like it or not, the main drinking/entertainment strips are Whyte and Jasper avenues, and places like this are going to want to be as close as possible to them.

^it depends on the target market. I always thought Hudsons in Edmonton got more of the suburban going home and having one drink and some wings crowd, than the hipster, "lets go out on the town / elevator to the bottom of our appartment" crowd. So this is a bit of a "risk" for them, they are abandoning current customers for a different crowd.

See, and Hudson's is far more accessible for all of Oliver than Pint is. So the same reasons you don't go to Hudson's are the same reason I don't go to Pint. Well, the food is better too, so there's that. Hudson's will probably be completely off my radar in the new location since it'll be a pain to find parking for, and Beer Revolution will be closer from my buddy's place.
    Exactly, hence my position on this.

A 'pain' to find parking? HA!
    www.decl.org

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    ^it depends on the target market. I always thought Hudsons in Edmonton got more of the suburban going home and having one drink and some wings crowd, than the hipster, "lets go out on the town / elevator to the bottom of our appartment" crowd. So this is a bit of a "risk" for them, they are abandoning current customers for a different crowd.
    The best performing Hudsons, and I am friends with several past and present managers, have always been the ones attracting the biggest Friday/Saturday night crowds. Yes most of them make a good lunch/dinner business, but Bourbon and Whyte have always hugely out performed the downtown and campus locations. SEC sits somewhere in between, or rather, at the bottom now that downtown is relocating and campus was sold a year or two ago.

Hipster has nothing to do with it, really. In fact I'd say that the crowd at a busy Hudson's on a Friday/Saturday is about as non-Hipster as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Hipster has nothing to do with it, really. In fact I'd say that the crowd at a busy Hudson's on a Friday/Saturday is about as non-Hipster as you can get.
    If that's their crowd, I think they will struggle at this location, as there isn't parking, although I guess they could get some "after work crowd" who are willing to walk a bit. Not sure. Anyway, good luck to them.
    Last edited by moahunter; 13-07-2015 at 11:37 AM.

What are you talking about? There are meters right out front, which are free after 6 I might remind you and hundreds of stalls around it.
    www.decl.org

^its not free on the ride home like Oliver Square was. They will lose some customers, maybe it won't matter as they will get plenty more. Not sure.

I'd guess they will lose some of the driving crowd, but I have to think its new location will be busier as per Marcel's posts.
    Last edited by IanO; 13-07-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    www.decl.org

there wasn't much parking to be found at its current location, even though it was in a 'strip mall'. I don't think parking was an issue with them before or after. The majority of their customer base is within walking distance (before and after)

I like that that building gets more life, and not the gangsta crowd.

Oops.

Brings more continuity to the Jasper zone. That whole intersection is going to be pretty solid when the Mayfair North opens.

May as well start a petition to rename 109 St "Douche-O-Nine". Free parking if your jacked rig has welding equipment or drops mud on the street!

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post

Oops.

Brings more continuity to the Jasper zone. That whole intersection is going to be pretty solid when the Mayfair North opens.
    when you said oops, did you mean this? http://globalnews.ca/news/1096232/on...nton-shooting/

I miss 'the fox'. Ha
    www.decl.org

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

^those massive 10 cent wings.

Oops.

when you said oops, did you mean this? http://globalnews.ca/news/1096232/on...nton-shooting/
    No, keep guessing.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

If that's their crowd, I think they will struggle at this location, as there isn't parking, although I guess they could get some "after work crowd" who are willing to walk a bit. Not sure. Anyway, good luck to them.
    They'll be looking to draw the same crowds that Central and the Pint do, along with Cactus Club, Joey's, and so on. All of those places tend to be packed on the weekend, ample parking or no.

I miss 'the fox'. Ha

You've hit rock bottom when....

^I knew you would comment on that one, cheers!
    www.decl.org

They'll be looking to draw the same crowds that Central and the Pint do, along with Cactus Club, Joey's, and so on. All of those places tend to be packed on the weekend, ample parking or no.
    I'm not sure its quite the same, in that I think of Hudsons more for the drinks than the food, and I see those places as a bit higher end, but I might be wrong. I do know a couple of regulars who won't go because of the parking (they tended to pop in each night on way home to west end), but maybe they aren't representative of the best way to make money with a bar. Good luck to them, it will be good for downtown if they can get the new location humming, a further boost to this area.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Just a reminder that 1ST RND will be opening in the old Hudsons location if having an adjacent parking lot is that important to bar patrons.

The old location was just 1 block from 900 university students in res, plus with the new arts building opening, I don't see how the move is good business sense.

Hudson's DT was never packed on a Satuday night. The move makes sense because they are close to the Pint, Central, etc. The idea being if there is a lineup at one (like the Pint), it is likely they would just move onto the next bar (say, Hudson's).

Moving into closer proximity to Jasper Ave makes good business sense for a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by buildings View Post
    The old location was just 1 block from 900 university students in res, plus with the new arts building opening, I don't see how the move is good business sense.
    Generally speaking, people do not want to go to 'a' bar, they want to go to an entertainment area/district.
    www.decl.org

^it depends on who you are targetting, lots of people want to just go to the suburban bar, not take a big night out on the town. To me, that's what the old Hudson's appealed to, the new one, is a different crowd.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^it depends on who you are targetting, lots of people want to just go to the suburban bar, not take a big night out on the town. To me, that's what the old Hudson's appealed to, the new one, is a different crowd.
    Exactly. The old one was severely under performing compared to the "big night on the town" locations of Bourbon and Whyte. Hence the decision to close it, as well as the campus/U of A location a couple years back.

Generally speaking, people do not want to go to 'a' bar, they want to go to an entertainment area/district.
    I can agree with that. I remember selling food in Camrose years ago. A new restaurant was opening and it was a big deal. Lots of the competition were freaking out. What happened? About a week after the place opened the entire city saw a multi-year long sustained lift in sales. The new place brought new competition and the rest of the city picked up their socks, and instead of tucking money under their mattresses or taking it to Edmonton, they spent it.

This is what a district does. It tends to draw out the spending. People want to be a part of something bigger, be a part of the community. The district becomes busy because it's busy.

really? I just want to go to a bar, when I want to go to a bar. As long as the beer is cold, and the company you are with is enjoyable, what difference does it make as to if you are in an area or district?

^I think its a bit of an age thing as well. When I was younger, if I had one beer, I wanted another, and another, I wanted to hop from one bar, to another. That's what teens do, and it earns bars a lot of money - Hudson's is shifting I guess to that teeny bopper crowd that a lot of people on here still identify with. Then, with time, I learned you can actually just go to any bar, have a couple of drinks, some wings, and go home. That's what the old Hudsons facilitated for a lot of people on their trip home. No need to go downtown for that, the "local" makes more sense (and is better urban planning for a suburban city if you think about it - its a bit silly to travel half an hour, drink an hour, then travel half an hour back home).
    Last edited by moahunter; 05-08-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

Back in my drinking / dining out days (most days closed with a couple of pints and dinner), location relative to my dwelling was one of the most important criteria. As long as the food was tolerable and they carried one of my brands of beer on tap, I was happy.

I did a bit of the bar hopping in my *really* younger days. But crowds in an environment that is too loud to have a conversation got boring quickly.

I recognize, however, that the bar hoppers are what give a district "vibrancy" and fill up the cash registers.

I guess I identify with a different crowd that IanO. I'm 30+ and see myself as that. I think IanO must think he's still 23 but is actually over 30.
    I don't know too many people that go bar hopping once they get past 25 or 27.

There's more to life than living in a shoebox and hopping between gastropub and bars and pubs.

No, most people don't go to a district to drink, they go to a bar, where ever is convenient for them to meet their friends.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter
    Hudson's is shifting I guess to that teeny bopper crowd that a lot of people on here still identify with.
    "Shifting"? That's always been the biggest portion of their business. I wouldn't say "teeny bopper", but definitely a younger crowd of people in their 20's mostly. I don't think you realize how huge the numbers can be on a busy Friday or Saturday night when Bourbon or Whyte have 500 or so people jammed in (not sure of their actual capacities). Sure the lunch and dinner business is nice and certainly helps the bottom line, but they do the majority of their business 2-3 nights a week: Fri/Sat and possibly whichever day is industry night.

Hudson's isn't intended to be the neighborhood pub that a lot of you seem to be saying you prefer. They're a destination pub club.

I don't really understand how anybody thinks Hudsons is changing their focus here. Their Whyte location is exactly what Ian described. They branched out from there to catch the suburban bar crowds (South Common, Oliver Square) when Pint went straight for downtown. Now Hudsons has an opportunity to correct their misstep with the one of their bars that is apparently underperforming, and they're jumping at it.

Meanwhile, Beer Revolution, Brewsters, etc will fill the need for a 'proximity bar' for the MacEwan students. Isn't Local also going into Oliver Square somewhere?

C2E Bandwidth Hog

As mentioned several times - and seemingly ignored - Local is moving into Hudson's old location.
    There's also Canadian Brewhouse, and whatever Overtime has become now.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter
    Hudson's is shifting I guess to that teeny bopper crowd that a lot of people on here still identify with.
    "Shifting"? That's always been the biggest portion of their business. I wouldn't say "teeny bopper", but definitely a younger crowd of people in their 20's mostly.
    Not at the Oliver location, per my experiences, it tended to pick up a lot of older downtown workers (30's and up) who drove home to West End homes after work. I guess the local will get a lot of that crowd now.

As mentioned several times - and seemingly ignored - Local is moving into Hudson's old location.
    Now you're confusing me. It was mentioned several times upthread that 1st Round will be moving into the Hudson's space. I thought Local was rumored to be taking over the Jasper Ave Joey's after their Bell Tower location opens?

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Ah, sorry JamesL you're right. These lower-tier bar chains confuse me sometimes. Caffeine not kicked in yet.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Still, I find it amusing that people on this forum are getting their panties in a knot over MacEwan supposedly losing Hudsons when the new location is still going to be just a couple of blocks away from campus.

I guess I identify with a different crowd that IanO. I'm 30+ and see myself as that. I think IanO must think he's still 23 but is actually over 30.

Now that 'splains everything.

Jus' li'l tittysuckers.

No wonder youz know fuq all 'bout fuq all.

Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

"Panties in a knot"? No, we were responding to IanO's comment that the old location of Hudson's was inaccessible because it is too far for him to walk to.

Ah, sorry JamesL you're right. These lower-tier bar chains confuse me sometimes. Caffeine not kicked in yet.
    No worries! I was just worried that I somehow missed the Local news.

his other comments were "parking lot" and "strip mall"

Because all of Jasper ave west isn't just one big strip mall in itself? IanO must wake up every morning and puke when he looks out the window and see his Omega tower surrounded by parking lots around every section of his building.

^ wow, someone forgot their meds, Meds.

Quote Originally Posted by EveB View Post
    "Panties in a knot"? No, we were responding to IanO's comment that the old location of Hudson's was inaccessible because it is too far for him to walk to.
    I'm surprised he doesn't have one of those electric wheels you stand on and ride. Would be perfect for getting that extra block before his legs give out.

^ wow, someone forgot their meds, Meds.
    If you're out, you should seek the pharmacy then.

really? I just want to go to a bar, when I want to go to a bar. As long as the beer is cold, and the company you are with is enjoyable, what difference does it make as to if you are in an area or district?
    When you have OJs or BPs in a parking lot as your options, you go. When you are in other areas with multiple options to hop to and fro, meet various friends at multiple places or have the choice if you won't like a place to walk next door... you go there.
    www.decl.org

I don't know too many people that go bar hopping once they get past 25 or 27.

There's more to life than living in a shoebox and hopping between gastropub and bars and pubs.

No, most people don't go to a district to drink, they go to a bar, where ever is convenient for them to meet their friends.
    Maybe understand that growing older and up still means you can enjoy nightlife. Just back from Toronto and hit my favourite spots, crowd was 30-40, mingling, popping from place to place... it happens, but depends on what you prefer and where you live. I have no problem going to one place for an evening, but prefer to have multiple options and experiences.

Thanks Einstein.
    www.decl.org

his other comments were "parking lot" and "strip mall"

Because all of Jasper ave west isn't just one big strip mall in itself? IanO must wake up every morning and puke when he looks out the window and see his Omega tower surrounded by parking lots around every section of his building.
    Yeah, develop those please and thank you, but you are far more narrow/small minded than I occasionally am in my comments with that kind of reply. I can walk to a few dozen places for cocktails, nightlife, etc. in 5-10mins, that is important to me if living in an urban environment... but not the only reason i am where I am.

Travel a little more.
    www.decl.org

I'm well traveled. Thanks for your concern. I'd disagree about who's more narrow/small minded, considering I'm just returning it back to you in jest and don't actually mean most of it, where as with you, its like you have an axe to grind with anything thats not downtown.

There's more to life than being 5-10 mins to the latest disco and douchebar, but if that's important to you, you sound like you've made the right choice.

Jest for jest most of the time, I think we know that by now.

Hardly, love other places... just very much dislike the burbs burbs.

...and 5mins to the valley, leg, LRT, work friends, family, food, drink, patios, etc.etc. Discos and douchebars are only party of it kiddo.
    www.decl.org

Sure, but you seem to continously imply that one can only get that type of access downtown, which is a farce, and you know it.
    In case you haven't noticed, the LRT crosses the city.
    The River Valley is more than just downtown
    work, friends, family can live all over the place (doesn't your family live in RiverBend?? I'm sure you have buddies that have matured past the young adolescent stage and now have family, a house, a backyard, far from the core, and even more that are on the cusp of that change, maybe its time for you to grow up too)
    Food and drink and patios are found in more places than just Jasper and Whyte avenue (in fact, most of the better patios are far from there... who wants to drink/eat on a sidewalk next to a major arteries anyways???)

It's almost like you diss the rest of the city while promoting downtown, and that rubs me the wrong way, and I will continue to call you out for it. Snap back to reality. Not everyone wants your lifestyle, and not everyone wants my lifestyle. We need a city that reflects the needs and wants of everyone, including making downtown accessible for all, not just those that choose to live there.

Considering that 90% of this city is made up of "burbs burbs" you sure 'dislike' a great portion of this city (and frankly ... most north american cities)

medwards out.
    Last edited by Medwards; 06-08-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Look, it's wonderful that you realise our burbs are great, Meds.

Will you ever get it through your skull that it has been Downtown which needs the focus if we're going to compete on a level with the other big cities in Canada?

Our dowtown is bad, therefore what, genius? Oh righhhhhht, let's put our hands in our pockets and walk away? Your plan can! Not!

Get it yet?

No kidding Meds is out.

I think it pretty much comes down to an attitude of putting down other areas of the city to make downtown seem better. I'm all for downtown boosterism, but not if you have to crap on another area to make your point.

???

That's the image that many downtown boosters are putting out there. It's not exactly endearing.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Downtown vs suburbia debate #281 starting in 3...2...1...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast