Thread: Police crime stats: SHould I be concerned about the high crime rate in Rutherford?

C2E Continued Contributor

Default Police crime stats: SHould I be concerned about the high crime rate in Rutherford?

I see 2 nice houses in Rutheford. BUT I am concerned about the crime rate. I thought that area is suppose to be a good area to live. Rutherford is #2 in crime, right behind EMERMINSKIN.

In the SW:

Emermenskin 2013 85 2014 80
    Rutherford 69 67
    Kehewin 54 60 (lots of transient renters so this makes sense)
    Blue Quill 51 58

for comparison:

beverly 115 139
    Rundle 98 112
    Last edited by Cardinal Fang; 04-07-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    Summer 2017!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    I see 2 nice houses in Rutheford. BUT I am concerned about the crime rate. I thought that area is suppose to be a good area to live. Rutherford is #2 in crime, right behind EMERMINSKIN.

In the SW:

Emermenskin 2013 85 2014 80
    Rutherford 69 67
    Kehewin 54 60 (lots of transient renters so this makes sense)
    Blue Quill 51 58

for comparison:

beverly 115 139
    Rundle 98 112
    People probably report a crime in Rutherford when some kid kicks a dandelion, a fence is the wrong color or they spot a homeless person with a shopping cart..

Sorry, deserved comment.

jk aside when looking at a crime map or stats a breakdown of what type of crime it is gives better information.
    Last edited by Replacement; 04-07-2015 at 04:56 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

I'm not sure what you're seeing. I just checked the Crime Map, and in the last 30 days there have been two "thefts from vehicles" and one "assault" in Rutherford. I checked out my old neighborhood (Central McDougall) as a comparison and you couldn't see the map for all the dots over the same period.

concerned with those stats?? seriously?? hahaha

C2E Hard Core Contributor

You should be more concerned with the **** poor neighbourhood design.

Also I hope you don't have school aged children... School situation is a disaster (thanks Alberta progressive Conservative party)
    be offended! figure out why later...

No children and I do not want to live next to or around noisy kids running and yelling in the streets.
    Summer 2017!

No children and I do not want to live next to or around noisy kids running and yelling in the streets.
    Living with the alternative seems pretty depressing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Living with the alternative seems pretty depressing to me.

I want peace and quiet in a mature neighborhood. Southgate fits the bill. It also has many walking trails/areas and lots of trees. I like to have my morning coffee listening to the birds singing.
    Summer 2017!

I live in McCauley, I see first hand that almost nothing gets reported up this way.( which is by far the most dangerous area)

If anything high reports can be a blessing because obviously the people care in the neighbourhood including eps.

When looking at any stats (police crime mapping statistics etc) here's a great example of how things can go wrong. It's extreme but highlights how nutty people can behave if they trust the stats. The result of technology placed in the hands of people that don't understand it... seems to cause people to flip out rather than suspect their own limitations.

US couple sues IP mapping firm over 'digital hell'

"In 2013, the Butler County Sheriff Department ran a background check on the plaintiffs because of all the activity taking place at the residence," the court documents say, adding that the department was receiving "weekly reports about fraud, scams, stolen Facebook accounts, missing person reports" linked to the home.

"Threats began to be made against the plaintiffs by individuals who were convinced that the perpetrator of internet scamming lived at the residence. State investigators - convinced that the plaintiffs had been involved in an identity theft - came to the residence to take pictures of assets.

"The following events appeared to originate at the residence and brought trespassers and/or law enforcement to the plaintiffs' home at all hours of the night and day: stolen cars, fraud related to tax returns and bitcoin, stolen credit cards, suicide calls, private investigators, stolen social media accounts, fund raising events and numerous other events

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37048521
    Last edited by KC; 27-09-2016 at 04:54 AM.