Thread: Hawkair: dawson Creek to Edmonton

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Hawkair: dawson Creek to Edmonton

"Dilley ruled out the possibility of an Edmonton flight, saying that initial meetings with the Edmonton International Airport showed there was no appetite for such a service in the near future."

Really? EIA has no appetite? I bet more people want YEG than YYC...

http://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/daws...lans-1.1825655

http://www.hawkair.ca/route-map
    Last edited by EdmTrekker; 16-04-2015 at 01:21 PM.

You're right - it doesn't make sense. I was initially thinking that Central Mountain Air made a stink with Edmonton Airports about it, but they don't even fly this route...

Sometimes there is more to a $ituation than one party likes to tell a newspaper.

Personally Fort St. John is close enough for me.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

GP is close enough. I usually would fly to GP then drive up. large aircraft and connections south.

I am puzzled what reason EIA would have to dissuade or decline a service...I guess only EIA would know whether there is truth to the comment.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

James van der beek must be mad...
    be offended! figure out why later...

C2E Continued Contributor

This situation sounds rather odd to me, especially coming from an airport trying to add service to other cities.
    Is there hope for Edmonton? Yes!!! The Oilers? Wait and see.

The whole story is a little odd. I think HawkAir was just giving Dawson Creek a story.
    Very little of the BC Natural Gas play is serviced out of Dawson. The vast majority of the industry in Northern BC is centered in Fort St. John. If the LPG Terminals at Kitimat go ahead, it won't make much difference at all to Dawson, nearly all the gas is north and Ft St John is closer and already the energy service center.
    The difference in the two places is quite marked. Dawson has empty stores, plants and shops, Fort St John, only 70 km up the road is exploding.

This route was tried before in 2007 by now defunct Corporate Express who used a Saab.340 on the route. The loads were poor even over a YYC-YEG routing onward.

The problem I believe with the route is having a carrier with onward connections such as AC express, Encore or even CMA.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

The Peace Triangle.

Peace River
    Grande Prairie
    Dawson Creek
    Fort St. John

Quote Originally Posted by ralph60 View Post
    The whole story is a little odd. I think HawkAir was just giving Dawson Creek a story.
    Very little of the BC Natural Gas play is serviced out of Dawson. The vast majority of the industry in Northern BC is centered in Fort St. John. If the LPG Terminals at Kitimat go ahead, it won't make much difference at all to Dawson, nearly all the gas is north and Ft St John is closer and already the energy service center.
    The difference in the two places is quite marked. Dawson has empty stores, plants and shops, Fort St John, only 70 km up the road is exploding.
    Very valid point that Dawson Creek is a [email protected]#$hole.....compared to John, however the gas giant I work for is using Dawson as their FOB for their plays in the area, in fact they are planning 3000+ workers using the Dawson airport as a base for flights to Edm and Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post
    The Peace Triangle.

Peace River
    Grande Prairie
    Dawson Creek
    Fort St. John
    Wouldn't that be a square?
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

A trapezoid perhaps.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Sometimes there is more to a $ituation than one party likes to tell a newspaper.

Personally Fort St. John is close enough for me.
    True.

It costs EIA as well to launch a new route. Neither party has an appetite to launch a service they don't think will pay off.

No real story here.
    President and CEO - Airshow.