Thread: White/Red dragon beer

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default White/Red dragon beer

Has anyone else tried Alley Cat's White/Red Dragon double IPA? If you like hoppy beer, something with a bight, I highly recommend it.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

It's St. Patrick's Day please keep your comments about white/red beer until tomorrow. Let's just concentrate of green beer for the rest of the evening.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    It's St. Patrick's Day please keep your comments about white/red beer until tomorrow. Let's just concentrate of green beer for the rest of the evening.
    I would have bought Guinness but I don't like it out of a can only draught.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Where was this Red Dragon beer on March 1?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

C2E SME

I picked up a bottle of it from Sherbrooke awhile back. It was okay. I quite like hoppy IPA's, but this one in particular didn't knock my socks off.

What would you recommend?

C2E SME

My favorite IPA right now is probably the Deschutes Chainbreaker White IPA. Getting away from IPA's specifically, I splurged on a Rogue Morimoto Imperial Pilsner awhile back, and I think that may have been one of the best beers I've ever had. I don't know if I was just really thirsty, or what, but it was delicious. Ridiculously priced though, at nearly $20 from Sherbrooke. Beautiful ceramic bottle, though.

http://www.rogue.com/rogue_beer/mori...erial-pilsner/

Also, just about every beer from Phillips that I've tried I have liked, and they also have some really nice looking bottles.

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    My favorite IPA right now is probably the Deschutes Chainbreaker White IPA. Getting away from IPA's specifically, I splurged on a Rogue Morimoto Imperial Pilsner awhile back, and I think that may have been one of the best beers I've ever had. I don't know if I was just really thirsty, or what, but it was delicious. Ridiculously priced though, at nearly $20 from Sherbrooke. Beautiful ceramic bottle, though.

Also, just about every beer from Phillips that I've tried I have liked, and they also have some really nice looking bottles.
    I made my way through the Philips "Snowcase" as a sort of Christmas present to myself (ended up finishing it in February, but anyway), and almost every beer out of the 24 was awesome. The Electric Unicorn White IPA stands out in particular off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post

I agree about Phillips beer in general but I do remember their double IPA being any better. I guess I will have to try it again. Darn.

Test day.
    Respectfully we are going to have to agree to disagree. Phillips is more bitter with less bite. From now on I will stick to Alley Cat's Dragon.
    Last edited by Glenco; 20-03-2015 at 08:47 PM.