Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

First One is Always Free

I am TJ and I have lived in Edmonton for 22 years. I got turned on to this site by a member who has been around since the inception.

I am a property manager/developer and I love Edmonton, the Oilers and the Esks.

This is a cool site, a neat idea and I look forward to exploring it further.

I also just noticed that I am the 1000th person to register which I think is pretty neat.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Welcome TJ and congrats on being our 1000th user!

If you tell me who referred you, I'll make sure they buy you a cookie!

We will have something for you. We meet as a steering committee this week to finalize.
    Onward and upward

First One is Always Free

[quote="RichardS"]Welcome TJ and congrats on being our 1000th user!

If you tell me who referred you, I'll make sure they buy you a cookie!

The person who referred me here is already encouraging me to get more involved. They tell me that this site can become an addiction and judging by the postings I see I believe them! They are thrilled to see more people contributing to this site and tell me that this “community” is a community in every sense of the word.

They are on the hook for more than a cookie though; I see a new laptop with high speed wireless connection in my future so I can stay "connected to Edmonton" even more readily.

C2E Continued Contributor

Time to come out of the shadows as I have been a lurker for some time (that sounds so dirty and criminal!) :]

Let's get this out of the way (for non-Pink Floyd fans)....

soycd = shine on you crazy diamond

Born in Edmonton at the Royal Alex in 1962. Raised in the Ottewell area and attended the near newly minted (2 year old) Clara Tyner Elementary School. Used to take the S-4 downtown to the library for kid's reading programs and the occasional matinee (Herbie, anyone?). I also still have my Edmonton Ski Club jacket tag from 1968. Back in the day when the ski jump was still there.

Lived in various locations throughout Alberta but always returned to home base (Edmonton!)...

'62 to '70 - Ottewell
    '80 to '84 - Clareview
    '88 to '90 - Steele Heights
    '90 to '91 - Strathcona
    '92 to '94 - Parkview
    '03 to '05 - Calder

In a nutshell, I'm a blue collar, meat and potatos, north-end guy.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Welcome soycd!
    Onward and upward

C2E Hard Core Contributor

As I get closer to 100 posts I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Al, and I'm a retired member of the media. I was born in Edmonton, but I've lived in Banff, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, New York City, Saint Paul, MN, Virginia Beach and a few other places. I've travelled extensively through the US to the point where I know my way around like a local in some States. As a matter of fact there are only three States that I have never visited.

I love Edmonton and I tell my friends from other countries about our city and region quite often.

This forum is my home page which pops up whenever I log on. It's nice to see so many people who are obviously passionate about our city, and I hope whenever I jump into a thread my comments are of value.

C2E Continued Contributor

I was born in Edmonton and have now lived here for 42 years. I have always loved the city and believe that we have a lot to offer.

I have been a daily viewer of Conect2Edmonton for the last year and have shared my views on a number of topics. Recently I found it disturbing to see, what I believe, is endless bashing of our city in this forum. I thought this was suppose to be a forum for people that were passonite about our city. In reading many of the comments some of the contributors seem to only have a passion for bashing the city without offering anything constructive. This should be a great way to get the word out about the things we have to offer but instead we seem intent on ripping it apart.

It's too bad because we have a lot to be proud of and a very promising furture.

My challenge to everyone is the next time you are going to communicate something negative end it with a positive solution (especially in the Building and Architecture forum where the bashing goes on and on)

Addicted to C2E

Well I too have also been contributing for a while now and should share a little about myself.

I was born and raised in Edmonton and other than a brief summer in Bonnyville (the summer of discontent!), I have never lived anywhere else. Never had the desire to move away. I finished my degree in environmental sciences at the U of A in 2002 and now work for an international environmental/project management consulting firm, which is based out of the UK.

I consistanly find it amazing how involved and excited many of the posters here are regarding various topics. I enjoy the positive atmosphere along with the civilized and intelligent discourse.

My favourite neighbourhood: Old Strathcona
    My favourite building: princess theatre
    My favourite restaurant: koutoukis, roots organic, new asian village, too many to list, but the loss of padmanadi 97 street is a serious blow to vegetarians like myself... great food.
    My favourite Buddhist centre: Gadan Samden Ling 101 st/114 ave
    My favourite yoga studio: edmonton bikram yoga 80 ave/104st

First One is Always Free

Hi,

My name is Kelly C and my other half and I are planning to move to Edmonton. Both of us are from Ontario and hope that we will get warmly welcomed. I am planning to go to school and work part time. My boyfriend is a framer and works full time. We both enjoy video games. He is into many kinds of action figures including Spawn and Alien vs. Predator. I very much like several types of animals, and would someday like to own 500 of them. People would call me crazy and I would mumble a lot and throw cats at them. (Just kidding.) I do like animals though and own 1 dog. I also like the Simpsons and King of the Hill. We enjoy going out to dinner (I've heard there is few, if any, morning breakfast restaurants. Is this true?), watching movies, and relaxing with good friends.

Kelly C

Hi Kelly,

I think you will find Edmontonians to be very warm and welcoming.

As someone who eats out a lot I would have to say there is a shortage of good breakfast places but the ones we do have are great (Blue Plate Diner, Downtown) and a plethora of brunch places.

Edmonton is very dog friendly with off-leash and dog parks all over the city.

Good luck and welcome!

Let me be one of the first to give you a warm welcome to Edmonton and C2E .

Since you are into video games and your boyfriend in into action figures you might want to check out Fragapalooza (http://www.fragapalooza.com/) and hopefully Pure Speculation (http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...opic.php?t=305) respectively.

I'm sure there are plenty of dog/pet owners who can comment on that part.

As to breakfast places I do like Ricky's for breakfast but I too would like to hear more about local breakfast places if anyone knows. As to restaurants in general, there are quite a few good places to try. Refer to this thread for a start:

http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...opic.php?t=189
    Time to grow up.

First One is Always Free

Wow, thank you for such awesome welcomes! I appreciate your help and sincerity. Thank you!

Kelly C
    Kelly C

Deep Breathe, Longing Stare
    There Goes Her Heart Once More
    There Goes Her Head Into The Warmth

C2E Super Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres
    As to breakfast places I do like Ricky's for breakfast but I too would like to hear more about local breakfast places if anyone knows.
    Why on earth did that place off the south end of the high level bridge on 109th ever close (anyone remember? long time ago - I think its a Dentist office now?) That place was so busy weekend mornings...

Quote Originally Posted by Chump
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceres
    As to breakfast places I do like Ricky's for breakfast but I too would like to hear more about local breakfast places if anyone knows.
    Why on earth did that place off the south end of the high level bridge on 109th ever close (anyone remember? long time ago - I think its a Dentist office now?) That place was so busy weekend mornings...
    Cannot remember the name of that place either off the top of my head but yeah it is a dentist office now. Ate there a few times and service and the food was spotty mb why they closed...

The High Level Diner is still around however.

One of my breakfast favourites is Barb and Ernies on 99 St--love the potato pancakes!

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Before we tangent too far....

Talk about breakfast here..

http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...?p=24649#24649
    Onward and upward

Quote Originally Posted by djgirl
    Hi, I was born in eastern Canada - don't blame me, I had nothing to do with it!

I have lived in Ontario, BC and Alberta. I have been fortunate to have visited every province and territory except the Yukon.

Have also been very fortunate to have lived in two other countries and have travelled to over 50 countries.

This is my second time in Edmonton. I have been here over twenty years, so it looks like I am here to stay!

My paternal grandmother and my father were born and raised here and from them I have a love of the Esks and Oilers.

I love this city and have always been a proud ambassador for it.

I am an Edmontonian!

Regards,

djgirl
    To resurrect this thread…

I am still all of the above and still as big of an ambassador/fan of and for Edmonton as ever.

To those who are new to the C2E community I am also involved with a grassroots initiative to bid on the World’s Fair in 2017.

Here is the link to that thread http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=38

Please check it out and add your ideas and comments!

Tell us a little about yourself…

Addicted to C2E

Hi im mike.... i live in Millwoods, im currently in highschool (so that blows the stereotype of uncaring teens) :P so i hope, ive lived in all my life in Edmonton, except for 3 months in Germany, where I am right now, and yea, i dont think potholes are all that big of a problem .

Quote Originally Posted by ike9126
    Hi im mike.... i live in Millwoods, im currently in highschool (so that blows the stereotype of uncaring teens) :P so i hope, ive lived in all my life in Edmonton, except for 3 months in Germany, where I am right now, and yea, i dont think potholes are all that big of a problem .
    ^ Yes! Please keep blowing all sterotypes out the window, we love it!

Cheers,

First One is Always Free

Default Qualityresults

Hi I am Ron Palmer and am throwing my hat in to the race for councillor in Ward 6. I believe that the ideas raised here can be used to help this city prosper and become the city we know it can be.

Listening to the citizens is of upmost importance because yo can not be in every area and see everything.

Thanks for a place for the residents and visitors to talk about their experiences and Iwill be posting regularly.

Default Re: Qualityresults

Quote Originally Posted by qualityresults
    Hi I am Ron Palmer and am throwing my hat in to the race for councillor in Ward 6. I believe that the ideas raised here can be used to help this city prosper and become the city we know it can be.

Listening to the citizens is of upmost importance because yo can not be in every area and see everything.

Thanks for a place for the residents and visitors to talk about their experiences and Iwill be posting regularly.
    Welcome to C2E Ron, I knew you'd enjoy it. Glad you followed up on my invitation!

Default Re: Qualityresults

Quote Originally Posted by feepa
    Quote Originally Posted by qualityresults

Welcome to C2E Ron, I knew you'd enjoy it. Glad you followed up on my invitation!
    Hi Ron,

Welcome to C2E! Glad you followed feepa's suggestion too...be warned this site is addictive!

First One is Always Free

Default NEW BALANCE CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC

Hi There

Let me introduce myself ....Got many nicks but currently most people calling me Dr. J...Born and raised in Edmonton, spent last five years in California obtaining my Doctorate in Chiropractic

I just opened NEW BALANCE CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC in downtown Edmonton(10540-102 ave/780-429-3400). If anybody is interested in Health and Wellness come and drop by.....Clinic Offers Chiropractic, Active Release Techniques(ART), Therapeutic Massage, Orthotics, Nutritional Counceling, and much more!

Im also active in sports, love basketball, train hard, love to eat diverse foods, explore different wines and meet different people

Have a great day!
    Dr. Jarrah
    New Balance Chiropractic Clinic - 10540-102 Avenue
    780-429-3400
    Chiropractic/Therapeutic Massage/ART/Nutritional Counceling/Orthotics

First One is Always Free

Default hello!

I'm just new here and glad to meet everyone!

Default Re: hello!

Quote Originally Posted by briangonzalo
    I'm just new here and glad to meet everyone!
    Hello!

Welcome to C2E!

First One is Always Free

Hi there, my name is Bob and I write for a living.

I was born in Saskatoon, but call Calgary my hometown and offer no apologies about it. (I don't have time for that super-lame Calgary-Edmonton rivalry, so check any cowtown jokes.)

That said, I've lived in Edmonton about a year and am still discovering what it has to offer - which is plenty.

Awesome Bob. I look forward to seeing your perspective on things.
    Time to grow up.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BobA
    (...) (I don't have time for that super-lame Calgary-Edmonton rivalry,(...)).
    amen
    Onward and upward

I'm Andrew. I live in a small town outside of Edmonton, but I spend a lot of time in the city. Like to keep up to date with what is going on, as well, love the culture and the sports teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ac101
    I'm Andrew. I live in a small town outside of Edmonton, but I spend a lot of time in the city. Like to keep up to date with what is going on, as well, love the culture and the sports teams.
    Welcome to C2E Andrew!

Glad you love the culture and sports teams in Edmonton and hope to see you post again really soon!

Cheers,

djgirl

Quote Originally Posted by ac101
    Welcome to C2E Andrew!

Glad you love the culture and sports teams in Edmonton and hope to see you post again really soon!

Cheers,

djgirl
    Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS
    amen
    I know! It is so lame. Calgarians are total losers for doing that...

Quote Originally Posted by lux
    amen
    I know! It is so lame. Calgarians are total losers for doing that...
    Yeah...Calgarians...

I guess I'll just do the formal thing and introduce myself here. I've lived in Korea for a few years now, but I've been feeling a bit of a nostalgic pull as of late, and happened to find this website while sufring the net. Seems like a neat place.

Anyway, I'm overoceans. Nice to be here.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Welcome!
    Onward and upward

First One is Always Free

Hi,

I'm going to arrive in Edmonton very soon, to live for at least 9 months. Have already noted some interesting places to check out from your tips on this forum. You guys are awesome in sharing information.

I'm in New Zealand currently (not native though). As we are in winter here, I hope to catch some nice sunny days in Edmonton before it gets cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwicat
    Hi,

I'm going to arrive in Edmonton very soon, to live for at least 9 months. Have already noted some interesting places to check out from your tips on this forum. You guys are awesome in sharing information.

I'm in New Zealand currently (not native though). As we are in winter here, I hope to catch some nice sunny days in Edmonton before it gets cold.
    Hi back!

Welcome to C2E and soon to Edmonton!

We have had a record hot July so chances are when you arrive the weather will be warm.

Glad you have picked up some tips from here too!

Cheers,

djgirl

First One is Always Free

Default HELLO EVERYBODY

I am from samson, a reserve south of Edmonton.

I love your city and try to make some visits to my family and friends there. i go walk around and take buses to take pictures of anything at random or to try to be ready for anything out of the ordinary.

When i have a lot of free time, i put myself into a position i would like to say " part-time temp worker". it is great to not worry about getting fired. Right now i am a student on my secongd year of studies and hope to be working in Edmonton when i graduate.

well peace out for now, i got myspace, hi5 and facebook profiles for which i try to keep each and everyone of them busy when i am not busy with studies,work or chores that have to be doen.

Well peace out for now

Default Re: HELLO EVERYBODY

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare
    I am from samson, a reserve south of Edmonton.

I love your city and try to make some visits to my family and friends there. i go walk around and take buses to take pictures of anything at random or to try to be ready for anything out of the ordinary.

When i have a lot of free time, i put myself into a position i would like to say " part-time temp worker". it is great to not worry about getting fired. Right now i am a student on my secongd year of studies and hope to be working in Edmonton when i graduate.

well peace out for now, i got myspace, hi5 and facebook profiles for which i try to keep each and everyone of them busy when i am not busy with studies,work or chores that have to be doen.

Well peace out for now

Welcome to C2E!

Great to have you here and hope to see you online again soon and often!

Peace out indeed!

Cheers,

djgirl

Addicted to C2E

Okay, 'nuff said
    Yay, summertime!

Quote Originally Posted by microbus
    I guess I should do this too

My name is Brent, and my wife and I live in the Spruce Avenue district.
    We managed apartment buildings from May 1999 to October 2006, but now we're just plain old renters. We have decided not to buy a home because we may be moving to southern Alberta in 2012.
    I just turned the big 5-0 on August 9. I received my 30-year award and plaque at my work on July 18 of this year. My work? I am a bus operator for ETS.
    I do like making sure that everyone here is properly informed about things at ETS, and am usually quick to post corrections if I know anything about the subject.
    I also drive the LRT, and have been doing that off and on since 1980.
    And come Sept 4th, I will be working out of Cromdale Garage, which I find interesting as when I started working the LRT, it was based out of Cromdale.
    My wife and I have been married since July 23, 2000. She's from Colorado, and yes, we met on the internet.
    Okay, 'nuff said
    ^ About time! (BTW, I knew some of this from a mutual acquaintance.)

Cheers!

Addicted to C2E

Thank you... and being 50 now, I'm allowed to be slow LOL

First One is Always Free

Guess I'll hobble on in here at my ripe old age. My name is Steve and as some of you may have guessed I am with Edmonton EMS, have been for about 20 years now. Was in corrections in Peace River for about 7 years before that. Born in Edmonton, raised in Wabamun, Edmonton, Ft. Assiniboine, and Nordegg. Uhhh, does anyone else remeber going to the speedway races just north of 137 ave and west of 127 street?

Yup! For the Can Am races.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Quote Originally Posted by microbus
    I guess I should do this too

My name is Brent, and my wife and I live in the Spruce Avenue district.
    We managed apartment buildings from May 1999 to October 2006, but now we're just plain old renters. We have decided not to buy a home because we may be moving to southern Alberta in 2012.
    I just turned the big 5-0 on August 9. I received my 30-year award and plaque at my work on July 18 of this year. My work? I am a bus operator for ETS.
    I do like making sure that everyone here is properly informed about things at ETS, and am usually quick to post corrections if I know anything about the subject.
    I also drive the LRT, and have been doing that off and on since 1980.
    And come Sept 4th, I will be working out of Cromdale Garage, which I find interesting as when I started working the LRT, it was based out of Cromdale.
    My wife and I have been married since July 23, 2000. She's from Colorado, and yes, we met on the internet.
    Okay, 'nuff said
    Thirty years is so impressive!

I knew that you worked for ETS (that mutual acquaintance) and have to comment how balanced your post's are on the subject.

Happy belated birthday!

50 is the new 40 so you are still young!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by kilocar
    Guess I'll hobble on in here at my ripe old age. My name is Steve and as some of you may have guessed I am with Edmonton EMS, have been for about 20 years now. Was in corrections in Peace River for about 7 years before that. Born in Edmonton, raised in Wabamun, Edmonton, Ft. Assiniboine, and Nordegg. Uhhh, does anyone else remeber going to the speedway races just north of 137 ave and west of 127 street?
    Hum, kilocar says "hobble on in here at my ripe old age" and that's it! (Is it a memory thing? )

I think the jobs done by EMS (along with EPS, firefighters and the military) are the least thanked, appreciated and underpaid yet the most essential.

So thank you! I have been in need of EMS a few times and thanks seems so inadequate.

First One is Always Free

djgirl--- Glad you have good expieriences with EMS when required. So often some of our staff have a tendency to not show our good side as is in any group serving the public. Please remember if you require our assistance and the members are not quite so PR oriented that we are not all that way most of the time. By the way, I am only 46 but feel 80 at times after a 14 hour night shift.

Quote Originally Posted by kilocar
    djgirl--- Glad you have good expieriences with EMS when required. So often some of our staff have a tendency to not show our good side as is in any group serving the public. Please remember if you require our assistance and the members are not quite so PR oriented that we are not all that way most of the time. By the way, I am only 46 but feel 80 at times after a 14 hour night shift.
    Good point and one I do remember EMS (like any profession) is staffed by humans! I also know that just because a paramedic is perhaps making a comment on a break that may seem insensitive to someone who does not know that they just finished three calls involving say DV, drunk driving and suicide and are simply trying to blow off steam to deal with situations that are hard to comprehend.

PR is my profession (although I prefer to refer to it as Public Relations) and just as I would not want to be called on to do the duties of EMS I do not expect EMS or EPS to do what I am proficient in.

Forty-six is still young but I have no idea how anyone can handle a 14 hour shift especially in a profession that is so physically and mentally challenging. You have my thanks and respect.

Hi, I was born in eastern Canada - don't blame me, I had nothing to do with it!

I have lived in Ontario, BC and Alberta. I have been fortunate to have visited every province and territory except the Yukon.

Have also been very fortunate to have lived in two other countries and have travelled to over 50 countries.

This is my second time in Edmonton. I have been here over twenty years, so it looks like I am here to stay!

My paternal grandmother and my father were born and raised here and from them I have a love of the Esks and Oilers.

I love this city and have always been a proud ambassador for it.

I am an Edmontonian!

Regards,

djgirl
    My 6,000 post I thought was an opportune time to add to my introduction.

Still love the Oilers and the Esks (and the Crackercats, Rush, the Pandas...) I also still love Edmonton and try to spread the "good word" whenever and where ever I can.

I am also a HUGE fan of connecting to others who share my passion, pride and concerns regarding Edmonton.

I am an incorrigible Edmonton lover and C2E addict and have not seen the need to find a cure!

I am a horrible insomniac and a media/information junkie who also has an amazing memory for Edmonton trivia a combination which has enabled me to achieve 6,000 posts. (I also have a great eye for details which is how I notice things like the 50,000 overall post, most users online etc.)

The C2E forum is still a new phenomenon (but an unmitigated success!) so I cannot wait to see what the next 50,000 C2E posts bring and hopefully I will still be a small part of these achievements.

Cheers,

djgirl

Addicted to C2E

And, djgirl, your posts are always thought out and said with tact and diplomacy
    Congrats on the 6000 post mark, please keep doing what you're doing *thumbs up*

First One is Always Free

hi, I'm Ralph and I'm an alcoholic (oops, wrong night )

(my apologies if I offended any that are taking those 12 steps)

so I was born in Edmonton, never lived in it, but went to NAIT in the late '80s. Also served my country at the HMCS Nonsuch for a few years. After college I was down by Red Deer for a number of years. After that I moved to Germany and have been freelancing here for the last 10 years. Since I've been here, I've gotten married, have 2 great kids, and we're making plans to return to the mosquito ranch north of Edmonton.
    I'm not looking forward to the cold winters, but hey, gotta take the cold with the good. My wife can't wait to get to a Red Lobster for an all-u-can-eat feast of crab legs...as well as moose steaks at Grandpa's.
    And I'm looking forward to a very early retirement where my biggest decision is gonna be dirt-riding with my KTM, or fishing down at the lake.....ah hell, first the one then the other.

later, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by shorty
    hi, I'm Ralph and I'm an alcoholic (oops, wrong night )

(my apologies if I offended any that are taking those 12 steps)

so I was born in Edmonton, never lived in it, but went to NAIT in the late '80s. Also served my country at the HMCS Nonsuch for a few years. After college I was down by Red Deer for a number of years. After that I moved to Germany and have been freelancing here for the last 10 years. Since I've been here, I've gotten married, have 2 great kids, and we're making plans to return to the mosquito ranch north of Edmonton.
    I'm not looking forward to the cold winters, but hey, gotta take the cold with the good. My wife can't wait to get to a Red Lobster for an all-u-can-eat feast of crab legs...as well as moose steaks at Grandpa's.
    And I'm looking forward to a very early retirement where my biggest decision is gonna be dirt-riding with my KTM, or fishing down at the lake.....ah hell, first the one then the other.

later, eh?
    shorty,

Welcome to C2E, good to have you here!

First One is Always Free

Hi, have been lurking on this site for the past couple of weeks, and thought that I should finally sign up.

I am originally from Vancouver, BC and had moved here to Edmonton in 1986. Edmonton has been great for myself and my family, giving us lots of opportunity for a future.

I have loved this city, with all that it has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by techgirl
    Hi, have been lurking on this site for the past couple of weeks, and thought that I should finally sign up.

I am originally from Vancouver, BC and had moved here to Edmonton in 1986. Edmonton has been great for myself and my family, giving us lots of opportunity for a future.

I have loved this city, with all that it has to offer.
    techgirl,

Glad you come out from lurking. I love this city and all it has to offer too!

Welcome to C2E nice to have you here!

Cheers,

djgirl

First One is Always Free

Hello! I'm venice from Philippines...

I teach in the math subject....

Quote Originally Posted by veniceia
    Hello! I'm venice from Philippines...

I teach in the math subject....
    Hello!

Welcome to C2E!

Hi - my name is Mike, I have lived in Edmonton for about 7 years now. I have lived in Oliver and now Glenora.

I grew up in New Zealand. I also lived for a while in Scandinavia - which I enjoyed a lot. These influence's are likely reflected in my views, for better or worse, regarding the power of integrated neighborhood and city planning, and overall leadership that brings people together in support of a common vision.

This is a fantastic city, especially for families. There is so much opportunity here. I never lived in an economy like this before coming here, but it is more than that, it is about the right balance between work and play, the need to lift yourself up, but also support others in your community.

I especially like the people of Canada, and Alberta in particular, and want my children to grow up Canadian because of this. I was talking to an East Indian immigrant a little while ago and she remarked to me that "Canada has the highest form of human culture" (perhaps as a Hindu she know's more about non-human cultures than me? ). But what she said summed up my views. The balance for my family in Edmonton just feels right, between having an identity, including people from other backgrounds, showing respect for community and the world in general, and earning your way.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter
    Hi - my name is Mike, I have lived in Edmonton for about 7 years now. I have lived in Oliver and now Glenora.

I grew up in New Zealand. I also lived for a while in Scandinavia - which I enjoyed a lot. These influence's are likely reflected in my views, for better or worse, regarding the power of integrated neighborhood and city planning, and overall leadership that brings people together in support of a common vision.

This is a fantastic city, especially for families. There is so much opportunity here. I never lived in an economy like this before coming here, but it is more than that, it is about the right balance between work and play, the need to lift yourself up, but also support others in your community.

I especially like the people of Canada, and Alberta in particular, and want my children to grow up Canadian because of this. I was talking to an East Indian immigrant a little while ago and she remarked to me that "Canada has the highest form of human culture" (perhaps as a Hindu she know's more about non-human cultures than me? ). But what she said summed up my views. The balance for my family in Edmonton just feels right, between having an identity, including people from other backgrounds, showing respect for community and the world in general, and earning your way.

This is a great city, and it is only going to get greater.
    Hey Kiwi Mike! Thanks for introducing yourself.

Hey Kiwi Mike! Thanks for introducing yourself.
    No worries, I figure I should given the shocking number of posts I've made in such a short time, but this is about sharing your passion

First One is Always Free

Hi there... Sorry, I never saw this thread either. I looked at the "site rules" section but it never even mentioned that this thread was available to introduce yourself here first.

So anyway...

I am very interested in urban design, for both selfish reasons (I like the bustle of active, vibrant, walkable neighbourhoods, the safety of activity, and the ability to go places without a car if I would like) and for the environment (sprawl is a waste--or at best an inefficient use--of wetlands or arable land, most of it is incredibly banal, requires cars, is inaccessible for the poor or young or elderly who cannot drive, and is bloody boring to walk in, PLUS... the ensuing over-dependence on oil--in addition to triggering melting of ice-caps and more pollution for asthmatics, etc.-- also causes certain governments to go fight unnecessary wars in foreign countries).

As for where I've lived, it's a tad long-winded:
    I am originally from Ontario (kinda... also a previous life in the U.S., but don't hold THAT against me - I am an dyed-in-the-wool-blanket Canadian now). I went to high school in Ottawa, then uni in Kingston, worked in a little town called Belleville, Ontario, for 5 years (with a year in between, at architecture school in Halifax), and then finally moved to my favourite city in the world that I'd wanted to live in since I was a teen-- Toronto (which I love for having dynamic and human-scaled street life in its inner neighbourhoods). Spent 4 wonderful years there, then moved to Vancouver to attend UBC for Urban Social Geography. Couldn't stand the Snobcouver after 22 months, and fled back East of the Rockies 2 years ago.
    I've travelled to London, a bit of France, Hong Kong, and the Philippines, and have been to L.A., San Fran., NYC, Washington D.C., a lot of the Eastern Seaboard, and Flint, Michigan (woo hoo!).

I like Edmonton - the people here are super-nice, friendly, and civilized. I LOVE the river valley trails, too, but gee whiz, we gotta build up more neighbourhoods here, meaning: inner city walkable streets, what I call "neighbourhood arteries." I'll elaborate more on this in a later post, but in short, I mean more streetscapes like the 2 corners of High Street, 1 corner of Highlands, and 4-6 blocks of Whyte. You know what I mean. Where there is a concentration of cool, local, or useful shops, restos, and bars, i.e., there is SOMETHING TO DO that's urban - people-watch, ya know? Anyway, that's what I'd like to see happen in Edmonton.

Now let me go find somewhere to soap-box about the characteristics of "neighbourhood arteries" (aka commercial spines, Main Streets), how rowhouses/semi-detached are the best foundational built form for urban housing in inner city (vs. downtown) residential neighbourhoods, and how these two components together lead to a vibrant street life, as exemplified by Toronto...

Thanks! Looking forward to lots of debate about how to make great inner neighbourhoods!
    Jane Jacobs is my hero and we need more ARTSHAB!

Quote Originally Posted by xarina
    Hi there... Sorry, I never saw this thread either. I looked at the "site rules" section but it never even mentioned that this thread was available to introduce yourself here first.

So anyway...

I am very interested in urban design, for both selfish reasons (I like the bustle of active, vibrant, walkable neighbourhoods, the safety of activity, and the ability to go places without a car if I would like) and for the environment (sprawl is a waste--or at best an inefficient use--of wetlands or arable land, most of it is incredibly banal, requires cars, is inaccessible for the poor or young or elderly who cannot drive, and is bloody boring to walk in, PLUS... the ensuing over-dependence on oil--in addition to triggering melting of ice-caps and more pollution for asthmatics, etc.-- also causes certain governments to go fight unnecessary wars in foreign countries).

As for where I've lived, it's a tad long-winded:
    I am originally from Ontario (kinda... also a previous life in the U.S., but don't hold THAT against me - I am an dyed-in-the-wool-blanket Canadian now). I went to high school in Ottawa, then uni in Kingston, worked in a little town called Belleville, Ontario, for 5 years (with a year in between, at architecture school in Halifax), and then finally moved to my favourite city in the world that I'd wanted to live in since I was a teen-- Toronto (which I love for having dynamic and human-scaled street life in its inner neighbourhoods). Spent 4 wonderful years there, then moved to Vancouver to attend UBC for Urban Social Geography. Couldn't stand the Snobcouver after 22 months, and fled back East of the Rockies 2 years ago.
    I've travelled to London, a bit of France, Hong Kong, and the Philippines, and have been to L.A., San Fran., NYC, Washington D.C., a lot of the Eastern Seaboard, and Flint, Michigan (woo hoo!).

I like Edmonton - the people here are super-nice, friendly, and civilized. I LOVE the river valley trails, too, but gee whiz, we gotta build up more neighbourhoods here, meaning: inner city walkable streets, what I call "neighbourhood arteries." I'll elaborate more on this in a later post, but in short, I mean more streetscapes like the 2 corners of High Street, 1 corner of Highlands, and 4-6 blocks of Whyte. You know what I mean. Where there is a concentration of cool, local, or useful shops, restos, and bars, i.e., there is SOMETHING TO DO that's urban - people-watch, ya know? Anyway, that's what I'd like to see happen in Edmonton.

Now let me go find somewhere to soap-box about the characteristics of "neighbourhood arteries" (aka commercial spines, Main Streets), how rowhouses/semi-detached are the best foundational built form for urban housing in inner city (vs. downtown) residential neighbourhoods, and how these two components together lead to a vibrant street life, as exemplified by Toronto...

Thanks! Looking forward to lots of debate about how to make great inner neighbourhoods!
    ^ WOW! Really glad you saw this thread.

Thank you for the contributions and a (belated but better than never) welcome to C2E!

First One is Always Free

Thanks, djgirl! Will try to hang around C2E more!
    Jane Jacobs is my hero and we need more ARTSHAB!

Partially Addicted to C2E

Hi...

I stumbled across this site while trying to find out information on Ward 4 candidates. I've always been politically interested, especially in grass roots causes, and this looks like it has some decent community-minded people...

I moved to Edmonton almost one year ago, launching my second career. I lived in a student flop house type of accomodation for 7 months, while I waited for my wife to make her way to Canada from India. Edmonton has given me the opportunity to jumpstart my second career, earning a decent enough living wage, and by some stroke of luck, I found a bargain rental apartment on the river valley. My wife, a recent immigrant with no Canadian work experience, quickly found a job in her line... something I'm positive would not have happened back in Ontario, where I originate from.

Edmonton has been good to us, and we live in the most fabulous neighbourhood; Old Strathcona. Neither one of us could imagine living anywhere else in Edmonton.

I'd like to know if there are any groups or other ways to get involved in the development and preservation of this area of the city?

- Kevin "Duckie"

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie
    Hi...

I stumbled across this site while trying to find out information on Ward 4 candidates. I've always been politically interested, especially in grass roots causes, and this looks like it has some decent community-minded people...

I moved to Edmonton almost one year ago, launching my second career. I lived in a student flop house type of accomodation for 7 months, while I waited for my wife to make her way to Canada from India. Edmonton has given me the opportunity to jumpstart my second career, earning a decent enough living wage, and by some stroke of luck, I found a bargain rental apartment on the river valley. My wife, a recent immigrant with no Canadian work experience, quickly found a job in her line... something I'm positive would not have happened back in Ontario, where I originate from.

Edmonton has been good to us, and we live in the most fabulous neighbourhood; Old Strathcona. Neither one of us could imagine living anywhere else in Edmonton.

I'd like to know if there are any groups or other ways to get involved in the development and preservation of this area of the city?

- Kevin "Duckie"
    Hi Duckie!

We are so glad you stumbled across the C2E forum. Welcome to the community!

Some of the other ways to get involved with the development/preservation of Old Strathcona would be by joining the community centre and attending town hall meetings (not just for the upcoming municipal election)...I am sure some of our other members who live in the area will jump in with some other suggestions too!

Welcome again and thanks for contributing.

First One is Always Free

Hi, I'm Gail. I ran across this website listed on Wikipedia and couldn't wait to check it out. I was born in Edmonton and raised there until I was 19. Then I left for the sunny regions of California where, no matter how much it reains, you never have to shovel it!

I've worked at the same job and been married to the same man for the past 20+ years.

Despite the snow, I love Edmonton and have been back numerous times, dragging my husband with me! He was amazed at what a beautiful city it was. Except, of course, for the time, after a wedding, when he was alone in the vehicle and accidentally took the High Level across and couldn't get back!

Edmonton will always be my home and a part of my identity no matter how long I live in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by celticolleen
    Hi, I'm Gail. I ran across this website listed on Wikipedia and couldn't wait to check it out. I was born in Edmonton and raised there until I was 19. Then I left for the sunny regions of California where, no matter how much it reains, you never have to shovel it!

I've worked at the same job and been married to the same man for the past 20+ years.

Despite the snow, I love Edmonton and have been back numerous times, dragging my husband with me! He was amazed at what a beautiful city it was. Except, of course, for the time, after a wedding, when he was alone in the vehicle and accidentally took the High Level across and couldn't get back!

Edmonton will always be my home and a part of my identity no matter how long I live in the US.
    ^ We are so glad you stumbled across C2E, welcome and thank you!

Addicted to C2E

Hi, I'm Bruce.

Just kidding. Still Mark.
    Edmonton born and raised. Grew up in millwoods, moved west to Yellowbird during high school. And I really hated this place as a teenager.

At 19 I moved to Toronto to get away from Edmonton. Lived in many incredible neighbourhoods, met many fascinating people, but it wasn't home. So I moved back after a few years.

Now I'm a human geography undergrad at UofA. Time away led to an appreciate for the city, but it's not blind devotion; big changes are needed. I'm very excited by recent construction announcements, especially ones that will make downtown more liveable. And Since I live near century park, I'm also very excited to see progress on that.

I sense that I'm probably younger than most here. But I like this forum because most of you seem to know what you're talking about in urban design/planning/architectural/development issues, and that is the direction I'm heading career-wise. A broad scope perhaps, but I've got time to figure it out. Anyway, here I am.

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Hi, I'm Bruce.

Just kidding. Still Mark.
    Edmonton born and raised. Grew up in millwoods, moved west to Yellowbird during high school. And I really hated this place as a teenager.

At 19 I moved to Toronto to get away from Edmonton. Lived in many incredible neighbourhoods, met many fascinating people, but it wasn't home. So I moved back after a few years.

Now I'm a human geography undergrad at UofA. Time away led to an appreciate for the city, but it's not blind devotion; big changes are needed. I'm very excited by recent construction announcements, especially ones that will make downtown more liveable. And Since I live near century park, I'm also very excited to see progress on that.

I sense that I'm probably younger than most here. But I like this forum because most of you seem to know what you're talking about in urban design/planning/architectural/development issues, and that is the direction I'm heading career-wise. A broad scope perhaps, but I've got time to figure it out. Anyway, here I am.
    ^ Mark,

Welcome home to Edmonton and welcome to C2E!

The age group here in the C2E community is very broad and I suspect you are on the young end of the middle!

Glad you introduced yourself and welcome again.

Djgirl is right, people from all ages and backgrounds participate on the forum.

Addicted to C2E

I believe it. ANyway I enjoy reading the posts of the people who seem to know what they're talking about. great forum you've got here.

Hi, my name is Joseph
    Was born in Israel, lived in Mexico for 25 years and in Edmonton for the past 10 years.
    My moniker here is CigarHippo because I love cigars and pipes (yes, i'm a smoker so feel free to flame all you want, i'm used to it) and hippos, they're my favorite animals.
    I just discovered this forum today and think it's amazing.
    To those maintaining it: you're doing a great job, keep it up
    cheers
    Go Oilers Go!! (Tonite vs Sn Jose)

Welcome to C2E CigarHippo, we are glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I believe it. ANyway I enjoy reading the posts of the people who seem to know what they're talking about. great forum you've got here.
    ^ And we (the collective C2E we) thank you as we think this is a great forum too! We also appreciate the participation of ALL our members.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarHippo
    Hi, my name is Joseph
    Was born in Israel, lived in Mexico for 25 years and in Edmonton for the past 10 years.
    My moniker here is CigarHippo because I love cigars and pipes (yes, i'm a smoker so feel free to flame all you want, i'm used to it) and hippos, they're my favorite animals.
    I just discovered this forum today and think it's amazing.
    To those maintaining it: you're doing a great job, keep it up
    cheers
    Go Oilers Go!! (Tonite vs Sn Jose)
    Hi Jospeh!

Very glad you discovered C2E and agree with you that it is amazing and as you will find out--addictive in a good way (unlike smoking...).

Welcome to C2E and hope you keep contributing as it is the sum of all our members that makes this a great community!

BTW, how did you discover us?

Cheers,

p.s. GO OILERS GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanntrude
    Hi all,

I'm british but been in edmonton since january and Canada since last october. Didn't know there was an edmonton forum. I'm a member at a Canadian forum as well. I'm carefully not mentioning their name so as not to break any rules. Aren't I good? I work at the University in nanotechnology.
    Mod Note: I moved this introduction here.

Hi back,

Glad you found the C2E site and welcome!

djgirl

First One is Always Free

Hahaha, i spent ages looking for an introductions subforum. Turns out you keep them all in one thread. No wonder I couldn't find it :0)

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Stan
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH
    I should post since I've been signed up for a while.

Went to Athlone, Wellington and Victoria Composite during my school years.

May yet move back to Edmonton as GP is getting too rich for my tastes.
    Hey, Terry. What years did you attend Vic Comp? I went there 90-94, graduated class of '93. I was involved in the choirs and the year-end musicals and hung out with the artsy crowd up by the library.

And I work with a whole bunch of Grande Prairians.
    I was at Vic during that time. I didn't graduate from there though but a lot of my friends did.

I wasn't going to introduce myself but I'm Jen and I live in Olathe KS. I grew up in Edmonton and left in 99. Not a huge fan of the weather and won't be back lol. Honestly I'm not a big Edmonton fan but miss my friends and family and still have a nostalgic twinge every once in awhile. Which is how I found this site!
    Jennifer Brule

Quote Originally Posted by alongtimeago
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Stan
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH
    I should post since I've been signed up for a while.

Went to Athlone, Wellington and Victoria Composite during my school years.

May yet move back to Edmonton as GP is getting too rich for my tastes.
    Hey, Terry. What years did you attend Vic Comp? I went there 90-94, graduated class of '93. I was involved in the choirs and the year-end musicals and hung out with the artsy crowd up by the library.

And I work with a whole bunch of Grande Prairians.
    I was at Vic during that time. I didn't graduate from there though but a lot of my friends did.

I wasn't going to introduce myself but I'm Jen and I live in Olathe KS. I grew up in Edmonton and left in 99. Not a huge fan of the weather and won't be back lol. Honestly I'm not a big Edmonton fan but miss my friends and family and still have a nostalgic twinge every once in awhile. Which is how I found this site!
    Glad you found this forum and yeah I do not know too many people who are huge "fans" of our -40 weather. Good thing though is in Alberta if you wait it will change!

Today it is fore casted to be about +20 and it is a beautiful Indian Summer day!

Welcome to C2E and thank you for introducing yourself!

First One is Always Free

Default Hey i'm new:)

hey everyone, my name is Deb and i'm new here....i just moved to Edmonton from Toronto and so far I love the city. Go Oilers!

Hey Deb!

Welcome and glad that you love the city!

Go Oilers Go indeed!

Cheers,

Debra

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Re: Hey i'm new:)

Quote Originally Posted by debcooper
    hey everyone, my name is Deb and i'm new here....i just moved to Edmonton from Toronto and so far I love the city. Go Oilers!
    Yes, please the blue maple leaf back in Ontario!

First One is Always Free

Default My name is Magnificat

Hello, my handle is Magnificat (another term for the Song of Mary) and I hail from “la belle ville” Montreal. I was drawn here by reading about someone else’s memories of Saturday evening entertainment on CFRN. And I was a visitor to Edmonton more than 27 years ago — love those Oilers!

Default Re: My name is Magnificat

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificat
    Hello, my handle is Magnificat (another term for the Song of Mary) and I hail from “la belle ville” Montreal. I was drawn here by reading about someone else’s memories of Saturday evening entertainment on CFRN. And I was a visitor to Edmonton more than 27 years ago — love those Oilers!
    Welcome or bonjour!

Glad you found this forum and that you love our Oilers!

27 years is a long time ago, you should come back and check us out in person -- we have grown up a lot!

Cheers.

First One is Always Free

Default Re: My name is Magnificat

Quote Originally Posted by DebraW
    Welcome or bonjour!

Glad you found this forum and that you love our Oilers!

27 years is a long time ago, you should come back and check us out in person -- we have grown up a lot!

Cheers.

So has the rest of the nation, but (going by the terms and conditions for posting here) this is not the place for juicy details.

Carry on.
    I don’t know where I’m going, but here I am. And how is your day?

First One is Always Free

Default I've an account, eh?

G'day, eh.

I was just introduced to this forum today by a coworker (User IKAN104); hadn't a clue it existed until today. IKAN told me that it's been mentioned several times on 630CHED, yet I hadn't heard of it. Figures.

I've lived in the Edmonton region for all my life; I'm currently situated in Spruce Grove, but work in Edmonton. I'm definitely on the young end of the connect2edmonton user's-age scale as an 18 year old, but I love the Edmonton area and am proud to reside in it.

Also go Oilers.
    The guy what came from all that space

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

WELCOME oobug!

Onward and upward

First One is Always Free

Default Hello!

Hi!

I joined up so I thought I would say hello from salt air country somewhere in the Maritimes. I am looking for information about working and residing in Alberta and came across this site. I must congratulate the people who contribute to this site. It has helped me sort some of the issues out by being able to access this forum and seeing what Edmonton does have to offer. This is great for those of us from "here", who would like to live "out there", but need to research first. It appears that people are willing to help others out with advice etc, and that is always a wonderful thing to offer to strangers from away. Your forum is set up very well for this! Great job and while I may not post often, I will most likely still be reading and keeping up with stuff.

Cheers

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

...Welcome, and feel free to do more than just read. Participate!

Better yet, come out west and become one of us!
    Onward and upward

Addicted to C2E

...Welcome, and feel free to do more than just read. Participate!

Better yet, come out west and become one of us!
    yes, welcome...
    but don't try to leave Atlantic Canada for at least a few days...
    that's one wicked storm brewing out there

First One is Always Free

Hi there;

Thanks for the warm welcome!

RichardS: ..."Welcome, and feel free to do more than just read. Participate! Better yet, come out west and become one of us!"

I'd like that and were the circumstances right, I would be on my way. I am making plans to do just that, and that is the reason I am here. Though I'm curious by what you mean by participate. After all, I'm not there..yet. So what's the scoop? What do you need?

I'm really, enjoying the community spirit that I see here so far. Is it like that on the ground in Edmonton? I've heard more stories than enough, both good and bad over the years. You know, crime rates, cost of living, working in isolated camps for gawd knows how many weeks at a stretch.

So, here's my story...short version. I ain't that fast anymore, so I can't run with the younger pack anymore, but I'm knowledgable, specialized, and experienced in my trade. (Welding - Stainless Steel Tig welding, and Mild steel) But in the right place I would be a good person to have. The downside is that I've only worked in that specialized area in my trade. So this is what I am looking at..to see if this really is the land of promise for me or not. I have my Journeyman's papers - Red Seal Interprovincial. Anyway, enough for now. Any help welcomed.

micrbus: "yes, welcome...
    but don't try to leave Atlantic Canada for at least a few days...
    that's one wicked storm brewing out there"

Ha! I just came in the house from ploughing my driveway with my backhoe. (I have a lonng driveway) I have made the following observation.

This is not a storm..it's just a friggin mess.

It just changed over to rain. We've had much worst here before. It's about a four out of ten.

Now Newfoundland...I believe they are having a bad one this winter. It's a beautiful province though, and the people are great.

Cheers

First One is Always Free

Hello!! Im new if not shiney i just thought i'd introduce myself...i currently live in Lethbridge Alta and im trying to find my way back to Edmonton, fairly soon i hope.

im in my mid forties single am owned by one bossy mixed breed boarder collie and two birds.

Looking for a place to live that is pet friendly so if anyone has any good leads, please let me know...townhouse preferred.

First One is Always Free

^ Welcome CeeCee!

Good luck in finding a place for your brood.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by TJ
    ^ Welcome CeeCee!

Good luck in finding a place for your brood.

Thank you so much.

Hi my name is Richard, I have lived in Edmonton for a while now. I ran across this site a few weeks ago and after just reading some of the topics and posts i decided to get involved. Not really much else to say but i hope to be a positive contributer and lastly, GO OILERS!...

First One is Always Free

Hey Richard,

Glad you found the site and yeah -- GO OILERS GO!!!

I've been posting here and there for awhile, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Dave, and I'm an Edmontonian.

I was born in the city, raised in Spruce Grove and then lived in St. Albert for most of my years (but spent much of the later ones hanging out downtown and on Whyte). I finally moved into the city from St. Albert almost three years ago.

I'm currently living in the "North Edge" area, and work Downtown as a software developer. I'm car-free - preferring to walk, bike, and bus to wherever I need to go - and have been for as long as I've been around. While I miss the convenience of the park paths that wind all through St. Albert, I absolutely love biking through the river valley here, there's no experience like it.

I take a big interest in the development of the city, and it's been pretty exciting to see it come of age yet again. Despite how much I know of the city, though, I'm always pleasantly surprised by things I haven't yet experienced (e.g., New Years' Downtown), or never knew existed (e.g., Vi's for Pies).

You'll find me poking my head in and out of forums about developments in the city and transit. I'm no expert in these areas despite my interest in them, but that doesn't stop me from expressing my opinion, stirring the pot, or haring what little wisdom I have to offer, whichever the situation calls for. :P

First One is Always Free

Hi, I'm Claudia
    I'm originally from Uruguay, South America, and currently live in Cancun, Mexico.
    I'm already in love with your city and I'm hoping to move there soon with my husband.
    Thank you for all the information you provide for newcomers. Edmonton seems to be a great place to live, and I look forward to becoming part of your community.
    Cheers,

Claudia

First One is Always Free

Hi Claudia,

Edmonton is a great community and you are off to a great start.

Any questions you have post them in the Ask Ed section and then sit back and wait for some answers.

Check out this website for information as well. http://www.movetoedmonton.com

good luck!

Default Jimbo

Hi all, I'm Jim Good. I just saw this introduction post. I love Edmonton, especially downtown, and I'm glad to see so many feel so passionate about this city.

Some may know me. I booked live entertainment for awhile at the Sidetrack (2000/1), and Blues on Whyte (3 years 2002-2004), among other booking. I played guitar in a wide range of styles and situations, including 20's New Orleans style Jazz, Celtic, Blues, etc. Perhaps best known to many as a street musician, who played for years, often with Glen (the fellow who plays celtic music on penny whistle at the Oiler games and other places), but also solo, and with some others.

I also helped open the first incarnation of what's now the store Urban in City Centre. The first was Urban Renewal, and was a very cool place to work. I also worked for Henry Singer and Harry Rosen, before starting my own factory in partnership with a Calgarian named Larry Ryckman (the late 80's were a blur), after 2 years in design school.

I still play music regularly (mostly blues, funk, and R&B), and have a day job with the Feds. Someday, hopefully sooner than later, I'll open up a restaurant/club downtown, perhaps modelled on the old Sidetrack (though I know you can never go back).

So, hello...

Partially Addicted to C2E

I've been reading now and then, and just recently started posting. I guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Clemston (Clem for short), moved to Edmonton back in the summer of 2006 after finishing Uni. I'm originally from Lethbridge and have family in both Calgary and Edmonton. Die-hard Oilers fan (yes, there are many in the south) since I was 4.

Currently have a career in Human Resources which I am working on.

Um.. so yeah, that's me in a nutshell.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast