Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Hello and welcome. You're representing all of the graduates in '94? Good thing you didn't get out in '92, otherwise I'd have to sue you for misrepresentation...

Quote Originally Posted by Scona, Class of '94 View Post
    Hi there, new to the site, born in Regina but Edmonton is my adopted hometown, considering I've lived here twenty seven out of my thirty eight years. I love it, even though it is nowhere near the city I grew up in...time marches on, I s'pose...
    Hi! I wonder if I know you ha ha ha? I did not grad from Scona but I am the same age as you, graduated the same year, and did grade 10 and most of 11 at Scona.

Thanks for your input on the Buena Vista thread..is appreciated.
    Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...

First One is Always Free

^^^
    You never know, bulliver, I did know a couple of people who split from Scona before grade 12. Is your name Steve or Dave, perchance?

Originally from Saskatchewan and moved to the province last March for work, then moved to the city proper last December after I applied to Macewan and got in. Have moved 3 times in the last year or so for one reason or another which is starting to get to be a pain in the ***. And if rent prices don't come down at all or tuition ends up raising this year, might end up moving back home. I'm finding it a pricey place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Scona, Class of '94 View Post
    ^^^
    You never know, bulliver, I did know a couple of people who split from Scona before grade 12. Is your name Steve or Dave, perchance?
    Is not, no. I'm actually only still in contact with a single person from those days. IIRC the student population was ~3500 at the time, so it's unlikely, but who knows. Maybe we shared a Math or English class.

Ok...so a little late for this thread probably but...

Born in Edmonton, raised in Devon for my pre-school years, and then lived in Edmonton my whole life.

Random Thoughts: "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)" by Baz Luhrmann (2nd best advice I've heard in my life)

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Welcome to C2E, Meo!
    Non semper erit aestas

I'd rather C2E than work!

Born in Wetaskiwin, spent my life in the Edmonton area except for living in Calgary, Drumheller and the US for several years. Edmonton proper I have lived on Whyte Ave east, in Jasper Place, in Beverly, in Millwoods and in Calder. I worked out at an Acheson south company for 17 years, 10 as a contractor for them working here and there, and worked in NE Edmonton, Nisku, and on 99 st . The rest of the time self employed flooring contractor all over. I made my ID when I was working in Drumheller where all the bones are, hence Drumbones. I am from a dutch family, single dad at present. Live out in my cottage right now since the old lady kicked me and the boy out. lol

Welcome to you as well, Drumbones... I've seen your posts around the forum
    Non semper erit aestas

Hi Meo. Nice to have you aboard
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwalker View Post
    Welcome to you as well, Drumbones... I've seen your posts around the forum
    Ive been on for a while. I just didn't realize this thread was for newcomers.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 13-02-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Thankies Darkwalker, envaneo.

Something has been bother me for a while...I've seen you around C2E envaneo, its not you that bothers me but why does your "Location: Clairview" but your signature says "Clareview rocks!"?!

EDIT: Is Clairview a condo in Clareview?
    Last edited by Meo; 13-02-2015 at 01:49 PM.

^ Hehe, I misspelled it at the time of joining. I've lived here in Clareview since the year 2000 with my wife and I are 4 cats, 2 birds and fish. I just hadn't had time or inclination to change my signature yet.

Welcome to C2E envaneo!
    Non semper erit aestas

^ What? Lol!

I really should've said to Drumbones too...

evaneo: Just a fish?

^ Actually, its a combination of letters and words from my old days in the occult. "It's butchered "Latin" for From nothing I came to nothing I go." It's kind of a hold over from those days. Sense now I'm your typical WASP type kind of a guy. I'm considering changing to my real name Like Gord Lacey does. Maybe JamesS or something.

^ What? LOL, I was talking about your pet. But that's an interest way you got your handle.

Maybe if I had a cool real name, I would use it. But my real name is very meh.

^ We have Silky, 18 years old now (predates our marriage) Sporty (when we got Kline bucks), Boots our outdoor cat we've had for about 4 years now and recently our baby kitten (Boots playmate) Skippy shes like 10 weeks old.

Lots of folk here use nic names, not that it matters that much.

I'm new here too. Came to Edmonton, stay in Edmonton.

I would love to learn to take good quality pictures like the ones posted here.

^ I can help with that.

Welcome Meo to the C2E network. A wild and crazy place.

Welcome Trang. You will see the greatest photos ever taken right here on C2E.

Hi, my name is Mike. I live in Red Deer.

Wait, come back.

I moved to Alberta from Ontario - twice in fact. The first time was in 1996, and I stayed until December 2001 before going back. I was there until 2009, when I moved back to Red Deer and have been here ever since.

First One is Always Free

Hi there, another noob here. I just moved here from Calgary last month and am loving Edmonton so far! I live in Millwoods and really appreciate how easy it is to get to the things I need.

I recently graduated from Mount Royal University with a BSc in general science and a minor in geography. I'm hoping to find work in the geography side of things, but I know with the economy/job situation the way it is, it may take a while. Getting the degree was the best mid-life crisis ever!

I lived in Calgary all my life except for 3 years in the Vancouver area. I feel very at home here and am looking forward to all the exploring I get to do. I've been browsing the forums and am getting a lot of good insights into what's going on, what some of the issues are, and what your ideas are to make Edmonton better. Nice to see so many people taking an interest and having good discussions!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^welcome to the site. Always good to have new members.
    be offended! figure out why later...

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Welcome. Post away please.

Hello everyone!

I am a new member on the forum and am really exited to network and update myself on whats going on and whats being said in Edmonton.

My name is Brandon and I am a new Real Estate Wholesaler in Edmonton. For those who are unfamiliar with the term, as a RE Wholesaler I buy unwanted and distressed houses and sell them to Fix & Flippers and other investors. Before that, I did a number of jobs from car sales, car detailing, bartender, and more. I am born and raised in Edmonton and joined this forum to not only help build my business and awareness of my service, but to learn as much as I can about Edmonton- Past, present, and future.

I look forward to networking with everyone!

First One is Always Free

Hello Guys,

I am new here in this forum.

In California. Lucky for you. Send some heat our way.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

+2 at the end of January and you find it cold?

hi, my name is Ralph. I was born in the royal Alec when bell bottoms & sideburns were still groovy, but starting to fade. I've not really lived in Edmonton - well first 5 years in the 'burbs (Sherwood park) and then quite often on the basement couch of a NAIT buddy while taking computer systems tech in the late 80's. I lived for a number of years in Lacombe while working for a crown corporation. While I was there, I travelled extensively for work (Orlando, San Francisco) and for play (van island, jasper, Banff, Logan's pass, and a lot through the Okanagan) on my motorcycles. I also spent close to a decade in Germany finding family and self. I'm currently about 60 k north of Edmonton, so about 45 min to the Henday exit off highway 28. I'm usually in town at least once a week. off topic, my bikes here were
    -Yamaha DT80
    -Can Am Qualifier 175
    - Honda cb750k
    - Honda v65 sabre
    - Honda ST1100 (still miss that one)
    - Ducati 900 ss cr
    - KTM 6-days 640 (converted to super moto)
    - KTM 525 exc desert racer
    - ducati 900 SSie
    and now no longer riding.
    Edmonton is too expensive for me to live in, so i'll continue living where I'm at and driving in when I need something.
    have a good one, C2E'ers i'll be around

Hi Ralph, nice to meet you. I've been in Edmonton since 1978 and if you think its expensive here, try living in the lower mainland BC. Alberta is cheap compared to BC now. Hope you like c2e. Lots of cheerleaders around here for various projects and --it. If you can get around the Ra Ra crowd, these are good people for the most part.

Cheers.

Administrator *

Hey Ralph! Welcome to C2E!

Welcome to C2E, Ralph!
    Non semper erit aestas

First One is Always Free

Hello All,
    My name is Derek, I was Born in Fort Saskatchewan ( I know you all know it...the little town, now city to the N.E. ), My earliest childhood was in Edmonton, Kindergarden - to grade 3, Even though my Mother, My siblings and I moved to Fort Saskatchewan, I always came back to visit my Grandmother and My Father .. Growing up . I attended the Best Schools in Canada,,,Bev Facey, NAIT, UofA, So i always found my self in Edmonton. Now Im helping bring Edmonton into the future, Working With Great people like C2E, among others. And I Cant wait to see what the future brings........hopefully presents
    Alberta's VOIP and Business Communications Solution Experts - www.Yegtel.ca 780.809.9990

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Thanks for helping to bring C2E back to life, Derek.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

First One is Always Free

It was Richard, and Max, that did all the work ....and deserve all the credit
    Alberta's VOIP and Business Communications Solution Experts - www.Yegtel.ca 780.809.9990

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456