Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,700 of 4987

Thread: Stantec Tower | 250.8 m, 823', 69 floors | under construction

C2E SME

OHSA is the American agency. In Alberta it was called Workplace Health and Safety up until the past few years, when it was changed to OHS. Not sure on the exact timing. But even prior to the official change, most people in the industry simply said "OHS", I believe because that's what the actual legislation was titled and/or it was similar to the American agency, which sets a lot of the standards that are followed everywhere.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
    Out of curiosity, does Vancouver have height restrictions? It's curious so few of the really tall buildings in Canada are there.
    I would have to believe seismic considerations have a lot to do with that...

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Out of curiosity, does Vancouver have height restrictions? It's curious so few of the really tall buildings in Canada are there.
    not really... there’s lots of tall buildings in earthquake zones similar to vancouver. interestingly enough, with tall buildings wind loads start to require design solutions very similar to those needed for seismic loads.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    not really... there’s lots of tall buildings in earthquake zones similar to vancouver. interestingly enough, with tall buildings wind loads start to require design solutions very similar to those needed for seismic loads.
    Of course you CAN build tall buildings in seismic zones, never questioning that, but it does add additional cost.

Curious what you think the reason is then... Vancouver certainly has had the influx of money, and the people with that money, and has a penchant for shiny buildings. However, does not seem to have "it's share" of the tallest buildings in Canada. Is it local development guidelines or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by finishstrong View Post
    Yes, Vancouver has height restrictions due to view cones.

https://vancouver.ca/home-property-d...ers-views.aspx
    bottom of the page ftl
    Edmonton is a very exciting place to be right now.

Sorry if this has been discussed but is the LED type signage at the top still going in? (Similar to what Edmonton tower has only slimmer) It seems visible in some renders, mostly the earlier ones where it reads ICE DISTRICT, and in some I don't see anything at all.

^ thx, very interesting

I'd rather C2E than work!

Perhaps, although Seattle and San Francisco have many buildings taller than Vancouver's.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Yes, Vancouver has height restrictions due to view cones.

https://vancouver.ca/home-property-d...ers-views.aspx
    bottom of the page ftl
    Ahh, thanks!

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Of course you CAN build tall buildings in seismic zones, never questioning that, but it does add additional cost.

Curious what you think the reason is then... Vancouver certainly has had the influx of money, and the people with that money, and has a penchant for shiny buildings. However, does not seem to have "it's share" of the tallest buildings in Canada. Is it local development guidelines or what ?
    To prevent obstructions of the mountain view as well ?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

on the office side their market is much like ours - the average/median tenant size is quite small (3,500 sf is the number that comes to mind) and there are relatively few large tenants so it’s difficult to put all the pieces together to do really tall. on the residential side, the market is large and fragmented with many areas in addition to the core offering views and height potential so the density doesn’t get aggregated the way it does elsewhere. the tallest as a result tend to be stacked like stantec and jw marriott (ie shangrila, wall centre, pacific rim etc).

on the office side their market is much like ours - the average/median tenant size is quite small (3,500 sf is the number that comes to mind) and there are relatively few large tenants so it’s difficult to put all the pieces together to do really tall. on the residential side, the market is large and fragmented with many areas in addition to the core offering views and height potential so the density doesn’t get aggregated the way it does elsewhere. the tallest as a result tend to be stacked like stantec and jw marriott (ie shangrila, wall centre, pacific rim etc).
    Thx - kinda figured you'd have a very good answer... yes, despite Vancouver's glamour and Far East connections, Calgary has the Head Offices and the wealthier industry.

Thx - kinda figured you'd have a very good answer... yes, despite Vancouver's glamour and Far East connections, Calgary has the Head Offices and the wealthier industry.
    Well Vancouver still has height restrictions and Edmonton also had for many years until recently, so I think that is a big reason not as many tall buildings. I think the sweeping generalizations about head offices miss some important points - first, not every company has its head office downtown or in a tall office tower. Second, I think its probably more accurate to say Calgary has almost all the head offices for the oil and gas companies. For instance, there are no major bank head offices in Calgary. If you took oil and gas out of the equation, you might have a market that looked more like Vancouver's. Of course, this also explains why the office market in Calgary seems to ebb and flow so much with the fortunes of the energy industry. When it is doing well, it is a wealthier industry, but when oil is $30/barrel it goes the other way and can be brutal.

I suspect it is harder to build office space in Vancouver due to the height restrictions and the cost of the land. With the high cost of housing there, there is also probably more profit to be made on the residential side. However, this helps give Vancouver a livelier downtown with more mixed use throughout - with recent and proposed developments, Edmonton seems to be going in that direction a bit too. Calgary's downtown seems much more segregated with a business district surrounded by residential areas on the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    yes, despite Vancouver's glamour and Far East connections, Calgary has the Head Offices and the wealthier industry.
    I think the sweeping generalizations about head offices miss some important points - first, not every company has its head office downtown or in a tall office tower. Second, I think its probably more accurate to say Calgary has almost all the head offices for the oil and gas companies.
    Well, I think that was the point I was making... Head Offices + Wealthy Industry (Banks or Oil & Gas, obviously) = propensity for tall office towers (and probably wealthier young execs in tall condo towers)

Vancouver has quite a large number of Head Offices but not so much major banks or the petro industry and those are the two main "show-off" industries in Canada when it comes to head office buildings. IMO

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    "The tower, when finished this Fall, will be 66 stories (251 m in height)." Not the 69 stated in this threads header.
    Yeah, no. It's 69.

Wait a minute. Are they wearing safety harnesses? Pussies ...
    yeah **** osha and **** wanting to come home alive
    First, what is "osha?"

Secondly,OSSA has nothing to do with harness. OSSA is a standard protocol practice that was implemented by four Oilsand companies for their standards whch was adopted by every other developnent in the Oilsands.
    Final, the harness is due to the construction bible known as OH&S that we have to adhere to unless we want a hefty fine or jail if something happen,; or, we're caught in person for violating any construction law. For harness, it is mandatory at 11" or higher. However, all major construction projects appear to have adopted OSSA's standard when working at height which is 6" or higher. They're are not pussies; they just want to hug their wives and kids, and one can't do that if they're dead.
    He was just joking Eddie.

^6"?

^ I think that the problem may have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf. Alright?

I was thinking Spinal Tap too
    " Inch
    ' Foot

LOL... '

does the steel signify T.O?

Sorry for double post but relevant..

Those wonderful photos we got from the iron workers,
    yeah they were "disciplined" for them, PCL is a joke. Same bs happened when they messed up the banners at the arena.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.4041479

C2E Long Term Contributor

^nope.

a few months left.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by S3RI3S View Post

yeah they were "disciplined" for them, PCL is a joke. Same bs happened when they messed up the banners at the arena.

No comment on PCL. Discipline for what? I guess if one can get written up for having to go urinate then i guess this would be a big violation with them. I like to see them do write ups and discipline to all the nepotism hires that they have. The shi-ot they get away with...

C2E Posting Power

Thought you had "no comment" on PCL? Sounds like you got written up by them up in the Mac eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post

No comment on PCL. Discipline for what? I guess if one can get written up for having to go urinate then i guess this would be a big violation with them. I like to see them do write ups and discipline to all the nepotism hires that they have. The shi-ot they get away with...
    Theres no official statement - but the word around the block is because they violated the "No social media rule" for ice.

PCL 'a joke'? Have you ever worked with them? Nobody's perfect, but they are a pleasure to work with.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    PCL 'a joke'? Have you ever worked with them? Nobody's perfect, but they are a pleasure to work with.
    When you actually put on a set of muddy boots and head onto their site for more than 4 hours, come back and say the same thing.

I have done multiple projects with them and they are well organized.
    www.decl.org

I have done multiple projects with them and they are well organized.
    Textbook dodge. Ofcourse pencil pushers love them. Have a chat with ivanhoe , ask them about that large fd contract.

I’m sure they don’t care about the discipline. That shot is iconic and the public deserves it considering we lined PCL’s pockets during this last recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post
    I’m sure they don’t care about the discipline. That shot is iconic and the public deserves it considering we lined PCL’s pockets during this last recession.
    The public has nothing to do with the Stantec Tower. Katz built that. The City is getting shitloads of tax revenue now as a result of Katz building it.

No, the arena is getting shitloads of tax revenue. The CRL ensures that.

I'm not speaking of Stantec Tower specifically, I'm talking about the district as a whole.

I'm sure those guys realize it was a shot that was worth it.
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

The district as a whole is also part of the CRL. Basically everything downtown except ECC and south between 102 st & 100 st. Build something new, it pays for the arena instead of paying into tax revenue.

Anything new within the dotted line goes to pay for the arena. The city then gets control when it's 35 years old and everyone is calling it a dump and an embarrassment and clamoring for a new one.

When you actually put on a set of muddy boots and head onto their site for more than 4 hours, come back and say the same thing.
    Ill back you up on that. Head office may have set principles; however, i can't say field level is on the same page as head office..

I've heard rumors from small contractors about funny business with contracts, but honestly I can't make a comment on PCL. I think people should keep in mind that any company as big as PCL is going to be highly process oriented. That's what happens with these big companies as H.R. forgets their job is to to take care of the employees rather than pursue them on trivial matters.

Personally, I would have turned a blind eye to something like this as just the boys having some fun, I might have even convinced the bosses to get it framed and put in the lunch-room - but I'm not an office full of people looking for promotions.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G
    Personally, I would have turned a blind eye to something like this as just the boys having some fun, I might have even convinced the bosses to get it framed and put in the lunch-room - but I'm not an office full of people looking for promotions.

It's highly doubtful that PCL is the one that instituted the social media blackout for the Ice District, if one in fact exists. That would come from OEG in all likelihood. All PCL and the steel company (forget who was mentioned in the article) are doing is enforcing their client's requirements, that are likely spelled out in their contract. And further, it's also pretty much guaranteed that workers are told of that policy during their orientation before they set foot on site, and likely sign or initial something indicating their agreement.

Don't want to get suspended or terminated? Don't violate company policies that you agreed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post

It's highly doubtful that PCL is the one that instituted the social media blackout for the Ice District, if one in fact exists. That would come from OEG in all likelihood. All PCL and the steel company (forget who was mentioned in the article) are doing is enforcing their client's requirements, that are likely spelled out in their contract. And further, it's also pretty much guaranteed that workers are told of that policy during their orientation before they set foot on site, and likely sign or initial something indicating their agreement.

Don't want to get suspended or terminated? Don't violate company policies that you agreed to.
    Subordinate little sheep arent you? If OEG demands tommorow that we werent allowed to look at the execs into their eyes.. would you follow it too?

Just because they make rules doesnt mean they should be there.

Subordinate little sheep arent you? If OEG demands tomorrow that we weren't allowed to look at the execs into their eyes.. would you follow it too?

Just because they make rules doesn't mean they should be there.
    angry and bitter is what you are you need to chill out.

C2E SME

I never said I agree with the rule. Nice name calling, though.

I never said I agree with the rule. Nice name calling, though.
    All the best photos require jumping a few fences. I'd hang it in my living room after getting canned.

Learn more about how Stantec rose so quickly.

http://icedistrict.com/discover/disc...r-floor-cycle/
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    Thought you had "no comment" on PCL? Sounds like you got written up by them up in the Mac eh?
    I have no shame to admit i did get a write up for the exact reason i mentioned; i had to go urinate. According to that set of management, i engaged in insubordination activity.

This suspension was on Global National coverage last night. It stated they were suspended for attempting an unsafe act. They all had body harnesses and tide off to an anchor point that can withstand beyond 5000 lbs. They sitting on a beam meanwhile, when they actually erect steel, they sprint on that. Sure...If they did this prior to the peak erection, I could easily understand; this is just PCL at its best imo. Had I been the boss, i would of just give them warnings and impliment some form of positive media exposure to such future scenario.

So wait no one gets suspeneded or fired for this being made but when its done by the ironworkers it a no no. Do they even know wtf social media is because this is hypocritcal for them to make this stuff at all then.

C2E SME

The entire point of having a social media blackout policy in place is so that OEG and PCL controls everything themselves. It's all an exercise in public relations. This isn't difficult to understand. Large corporations are extremely protective of their public image.

The entire point of having a social media blackout policy in place is so that OEG and PCL controls everything themselves. It's all an exercise in public relations. This isn't difficult to understand. Large corporations are extremely protective of their public image.
    I get that but the images they did wouldnt damage their image it would have promoted it

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

So wait no one gets suspeneded or fired for this being made but when its done by the ironworkers it a no no. Do they even know wtf social media is because this is hypocritcal for them to make this stuff at all then.
    it's not always about "what" was done but "how" it was done...

and i'm pretty sure pcl knows what social media is.

i have no inside knowledge on either the iron worker's involved or pcl's or ice district's actual involvement but from the sounds of it, it was organized and orchestrated, not "spur of the moment". common courtesy would have been to have the individuals directly - or the union if it was orchestrated by them - clear it with the sub-contractor they were working for, the contractor responsible for the project and possibly the owner as well. perhaps the response received may have been a reflection of not doing that as much as anything else. and it's not just a photo opportunity - it was an organized activity with potential consequences for all of the parties involved including their insurers and wcb etc.

also in regard to the "social media" thing, i take lots of pictures on site visits but always with the prior consent of the contractor. i'm also careful not to take photographs of any individuals where they can be recognized - particularly if they're going to posted or circulated. doing so without their consent and a signed release can be a real privacy concern (i.e. think of someone with a restraining order for their protection who doesn't want their whereabouts to be public knowledge). even in the 3 1/2 minute pcl video, other than the two individuals speaking to the camera, you can't identify any of the other people in it. you also need to be careful that you're not capturing proprietary material or information (although i wouldn't think that's as much a concern as the previous two points in this case).

are they "cool/iconic photos"? without question. what is in question is how they were taken and distributed.

C2E SME

I get that but the images they did wouldnt damage their image it would have promoted it
    I don't disagree with you, and as I said, I don't agree with the blackout policy, if it exists. I think they're being shortsighted in the way this has been handled, and doing damage to their reputations in the process. Which is ironic. But I don't think like a massive corporation, thankfully. As Ken alludes to, I think there's some union posturing/politics going on here as well. If the 720 wants to put up their own 250m tower, they can use it to burnish their image as much as they want.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

I don't disagree with you, and as I said, I don't agree with the blackout policy, if it exists. I think they're being shortsighted in the way this has been handled, and doing damage to their reputations in the process. Which is ironic. But I don't think like a massive corporation, thankfully. As Ken alludes to, I think there's some union posturing/politics going on here as well. If the 720 wants to put up their own 250m tower, they can use it to burnish their image as much as they want.
    union posturing/politics??? naah, couldn't be that.

there wouldn't be any jealousy or politics between the steelworkers and the carpenters and labourers and the concrete guys and rebar guys who got the building to the point where the steelworkers could top off someone else's work and take credit for the building below them (all of which pcl would be expected to manage and arbitrate) would there?

don't get me wrong - as i said previously they were/are pretty cool/iconic photographs. but there is a bit of hot-dogging behind them - the guys who drilled the piles and tied the rebar cages that went into them and the guys who maintained and operated the man-lifts day after day and hundreds of others just like them are just as responsible for this building being what it is as those in the photos.

Currently the 10 tallest buildings in Western Canada. Edmonton has 1st and 10th

Edmonton - Stantec - office/residential - 250.8
    Calgary - Brookfield - office - 247m
    Calgary - Bow - office - 236m
    Calgary - Telus - office - 222.3 m
    Calgary - SunCor- office 214.9m
    Calgary - Eighth Ave - office 212.3 m
    Calgary - Bankers E - office 197m
    Calgary - Bankers W - office 197m
    Vancouver - Shangri-La hotel/residential 196.9m
    Edmonton - JW-Legends hotel/residential 191m

union posturing/politics??? naah, couldn't be that.

there wouldn't be any jealousy or politics between the steelworkers and the carpenters and labourers and the concrete guys and rebar guys who got the building to the point where the steelworkers could top off someone else's work and take credit for the building below them (all of which pcl would be expected to manage and arbitrate) would there?

don't get me wrong - as i said previously they were/are pretty cool/iconic photographs. but there is a bit of hot-dogging behind them - the guys who drilled the piles and tied the rebar cages that went into them and the guys who maintained and operated the man-lifts day after day and hundreds of others just like them are just as responsible for this building being what it is as those in the photos.
    You could be right, but sometimes a photo is just a photo. And to those of us who have a laymen understanding of this kind of construction, the photo is more representative of a blue-collared group effort to build something never before seen on this side of the country.

Just because we don't photograph the caterers of a wedding, doesn't mean they weren't one of the most important parts of it ya know?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^

i agree that sometimes a photo is just a photo. and sometimes it's more.

again, my guess is the issue(s) aren't really about the photos but about how they were taken and distributed.

^

i agree that sometimes a photo is just a photo. and sometimes it's more.

again, my guess is the issue(s) aren't really about the photos but about how they were taken and distributed.
    Somebody saw an opportunity to look good in front of their bosses and tattled. :P

C2E SME

Keep in mind that the photos were originally posted on the BTA's Facebook page and all media coverage of it repeatedly mentioned the local 720. Union politics/posturing is absolutely a part of the equation here.

Are we getting something other than a flat top roof on Stantec judging by shapes of the metal beams on top? Hoping for a unique and recognizable element up there..

A smokey morning here in YEG.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^

come on IanO... how is this a stantec tower under construction photo? are you afraid someone might miss it as your 5th photo in the one shot of edmonton per day thread?

just start a new thread already titled “IanO’s photo thread” and be done with it.

^

come on IanO... how is this a stantec tower under construction photo? are you afraid someone might miss it as your 5th photo in the one shot of edmonton per day thread?

just start a new thread already titled “IanO’s photo thread” and be done with it.
    Or instead of using your perceived thread police tactics to pick on poor ol' IanO at every conceivable opportunity, you can try doing something more constructive with your life. Such as, you know, getting the Brighton Block redevelopment finished up.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

The irony of the thread police calling someone else thread police is too much for me today. Good god.

^

Really Ken?
    www.decl.org

First One is Always Free

^

I don't see the problem with his picture - it shows Stantec, under construction.... isn't that the point? A picture like this is better than seeing the same annoying angle of Stantec up close every day.

This forum used to be fun and informative. Now it's just you old supposed "Edmonton business leaders" bickering. Grow up.

^

Really Ken?
    The photo doesn’t belong in the thread. It borders on spam, and it’s clear this is your passive aggressive approach at giving the proverbial middle finger to the forumers that have called you out for it.

Relax people. This is an iconic shot of Edmonton that now has Stantec in it for the first time. What exactly is the big deal? I think the photo fits with the thread and if you don't, perhaps it's time to just move on and not make a big deal of it?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Don't sweat the small stuff folks. It is a shot of Stantec U/C and its new and significant impact on our Skyline.
    www.decl.org

Here you go folks...

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Here's also a shot of Stantec U/C and its new and significant impact on our planet earth

@someoneinspacenotgoingtoproperlycredititeither.

I like the pictures, and don't find an issue as long as there are new angles, or new additions to the tower. However, the tower is basically topped out. There is a lack of anything new in many of the pictures. It's basically the same picture day after day since nothing has really changed.

Alright so I guess Medwards is back on my ignore list...
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Woohoo! I never realized I came off that list. Had you let me know sooner, I would've tried harder! GFY

I guess the HEAT making a few here a bit miserable and irritated. I appreciate the efforts of others take to post photos and IanO's skyline / festival shot is priceless! Only photos I dislike is peekaboo shots where only a minuscule fraction of a building can be seen, like where's Waldo? ... but, yet that might be exciting to others when a tower begins to rise above others, all is good!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^

Really Ken?
    what do you think IanO?

maybe we should take a poll? you can post to your heart's content and the rest of us can have our threads back.

and yes, on a more serious note i know what my options are.

i can overlook things.

i can make you the first poster i've ever put on ignore on any forum i've ever participated in.

or i can just find somewhere else to waste my free time and not bother getting frustrated in the first place.
    Last edited by kcantor; 10-08-2018 at 12:24 PM.

This place continues to make me beg the question of why.
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

Yes, why can't you adhere to thread guidelines and common courtesy that's been asked of you repeatedly for years?

C2E SME

The way I see it IanO purhaps conduct a little bit of restraint about pictures with Stantec in the picture. Technically all pictures with Stantec in the picture can be technically be considered under construction and also illustrate the changing skyline. Problem is now Stantec can be seen from most vantage points in the city.

^

I posted my last batch of photos they way the photo nazis on this forum wanted them, very few people bothered to comment. I'm not wasting my time doing this anymore.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

Yes, why can't you adhere to thread guidelines and common courtesy that's been asked of you repeatedly for years?
    Sorry Marcel, but I provide the source/credit of all of my photos and provide regular updates of construction projects, if people want additional direct links (not a source) and put in specific requisitions of what or what is not a photo of a building under-constuction, then they can go and do that thank you very much.
    www.decl.org

^

Really Ken?
    what do you think IanO?

maybe we should take a poll? you can post to your heart's content and the rest of us can have our threads back.

i can overlook things.

i can make you the first poster i've ever put on ignore on any forum i've ever participated in.

or i can just find somewhere else to waste my free time and not bother getting frustrated in the first place.
    Am I the only one who actually doesn't mind seeing this tower from a wider angle and broader context from different spots in Edmonton? This is an absolute game changer for the cities skyline, I can see the thing 30 minutes out when driving back from my cabin. I suggest that people who are annoyed with these photos either learn to just skim over them (or go elsewhere as Ken has suggested) and if they are unable do so, just block Ian already and be done with it. I'm sick of scrolling through your unending diatribes on this topic which muck up these threads more than his actual photos do.

C2E SME

^Well this is where the new thread for Edmonton skyline should be used for. In my opinion the specific threads for a building should be used to update and inform about that particular building. Overall I like all of IanO's pictures and everyone else's for that matter, it's though best if we keep threads on topic as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    ^

I posted my last batch of photos they way the photo nazis on this forum wanted them, very few people bothered to comment. I'm not wasting my time doing this anymore.

Maybe the last person to bother posting photos can just shut off the c2e website after they have been driven out by the photo Nazis. It seems some won't rest until that happens.

@ianoyeg
    Great photo Ian. Nice to see how the buildings will fit into the skyline from that venue. Oh, is that a crane on Stantec? Must still be "under construction" then.

For those who continue to complain on photos posted on this website, please post some or your own so we all can criticize and not appreciate your contributions. And Ken, please block Ian. You will then lose around 80% of the photos and make this website oh so boring for you having not as much to look at except stupid photos posted by the likes of Medwards.

As for pee-a-boo photos, a Toronto poster last night published a pee-a-boo photo of a Toronto Tower on SSP. No issues by anyone, at least so far. Maybe we should all gain a little bit of perspective. Go to Accidental beach and take a swim in the river and chill out.

I don’t mind your photos. It’s actually quite nice seeing your skills develop as you’ve been obviously studying compositional analysis and usage of lighting. Especially your Hendrix shots.

If I could give a bit of advice though, I’d say you’re not quite listening to people on the forum. You could always adapt your delivery and begin a thread labelled something like “My Life in a Growing City I love.” And people drawn to your images will check in on it. You don’t need the redundancy of posting a single image over multiple threads.

It’s absolutely nothing personal, some of us are just here for discussion and unfortunately your images do become domineering over a thread, Stantec being the prime example of how a discussion is lost amongst a sea of photos.

I actually have to avoid threads to save my bandwidth. Can’t afford a better phone plan. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
    ^

Really Ken?
    what do you think IanO?

i can overlook things.

Am I the only one who actually doesn't mind seeing this tower from a wider angle and broader context from different spots in Edmonton? This is an absolute game changer for the cities skyline, I can see the thing 30 minutes out when driving back from my cabin. I suggest that people who are annoyed with these photos either learn to just skim over them (or go elsewhere as Ken has suggested) and if they are unable do so, just block Ian already and be done with it. I'm sick of scrolling through your unending diatribes on this topic which muck up these threads more than his actual photos do.
    ++++++++++++++1
    For **** sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post
    I don’t mind your photos.

If I could give a bit of advice though, I’d say you’re not quite listening to people on the forum. You don’t need the redundancy of posting a single image over multiple threads.
    +1 on both - enjoy the photos IanO, but it seems like you think moderation = capitulation to the "photo Nazis"

No, it's just called finding a balance... aka Maturity

Thanks for the photos, from anyone.

Legalization in October couldn't come soon enough for some.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoForMayor View Post
    Relax people. This is an iconic shot of Edmonton that now has Stantec in it for the first time. What exactly is the big deal? I think the photo fits with the thread and if you don't, perhaps it's time to just move on and not make a big deal of it?
    Because Stantec isn't the subject of the picture. If there's the slightest bit of the tower in a photo, IanO posts it in ever possible topic.

Size queens.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Here's also a shot of Stantec U/C and its new and significant impact on our planet earth

Moronic post. Grow up, buttercup.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC View Post
    ^

Really Ken?
    The photo doesn’t belong in the thread. It borders on spam, and it’s clear this is your passive aggressive approach at giving the proverbial middle finger to the forumers that have called you out for it.
    Stick to lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post

Moronic post. Grow up, buttercup.
    He cant or wont

ayyy, i think the mods gave up on us !!!!

...and on the news as always. Children are still hungry around the world. Just thought i break the topic with fresh perspective.Im not saying hungry children deserves the spotlight of the much more important issue at hand.

Anyway, back to where all this started

@ianoyeg
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Yeah, posting the same picture three times in the same thread really helps the situation.

Don't sweat the small stuff folks. It is a shot of Stantec U/C and its new and significant impact on our Skyline.
    I would love an all IanO photo thread, a lot of your photos have inspired my wife and I to go and find the locations you shoot from and we have found more wonderful things in this city because of them. If the CofE had you as the media director promoting Edmonton with some of the photos you have taken we would have more appeal to the world. Curiosity brings people in and many of your photos make me curious as to where and what. Thanks for them all.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^

this...

no one has said don’t post them, just that there is a more appropriate place for them to be posted.

I like them too. Cool photos. Thanks IanO

You could start a new thread called Photos by IanO, future mayor of Edmonton.🤗

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast