Thread: French Quater Farmers Market

C2E SME

Default French Quater Farmers Market

So this past weekend I stopped by the Cite Francophone building as they were hosting their first French Quarter Farmers Market. So far it was still relatively small compared to other markets but one positive is that it was held from noon to 5PM on Sunday. That atmosphere was nice as they had a French Canadian singer there as some entertainment. Hopefully this market will be a success and will grow in time.

http://www.lacitefranco.ca/french-qu...ocal-products-
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

I felt it was a success considering the overcast conditions and being the first day and all. The arrows are definitely pointing in the right direction. And you're right Sunday afternoon is a good choice.

I'd rather C2E than work!

We went as well. Didn't get there until after 4 because of my son's napping schedule, but there were still some things left to buy.

Bought some nice spice mixtures from "Food You Can Cook," and the guy selling the stuff was fun to talk to. He was good at asking us what type of food we enjoy, and what flavours we like, then suggested a few of their spice mixtures to compliment our food.

Completely different story at "Food Direct and Specialties." We walked up to look at their hot sauces, and the guy went into "sell" mode. He was shoving things in our faces, while his partner got other things ready to shove into our faces. I walked away because my son was grumpy, but my wife told me later that he said "Okay, what do you want to buy? They're all good, so, one of each?" She asked how much - $15 a bottle! She said "No thanks," and he launched into how they take credit cards, blah blah blah. She just walked away. Take away the fact that it's a ton of money for not a lot of product, I still wouldn't have bought the thing. Aggressive salespeople just tick me off.

I don't think all the vendors listed on their site were set up, or maybe we missed them because we were there late. I didn't see "Bonjour Bakery," "Mojo Pickles," "Fiesta Olives" or "Lucina’s Empanadas." They'll have a few more additions in July as well.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

C2E SME

From the names you mentioned, I believe Mojo Pickles was there, although I don't recall seeing Lucina's. Admittedly I wasn't really paying attention to the names but Mojo stood out to me.

Have you heard about the Sunday Market at Century Park? It's open from 9:30 to 2:30 on Sundays as well. It just started last year but looks like it will be a hit.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Not sure what that has to do with the French Quarter Farmers Market...
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

C2E SME

A little bit of advertising for the Century Park market it appears.