Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton International Airport Retail / Hotel Development

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Default Edmonton International Airport Retail / Hotel Development

Saw this on Skyscrapers posted by Dansk:

http://www.airport-world.com/publica...-outlet-retail
    In Alberta, Canada, for the past two years Edmonton International Airport (EIA) has been proactively planning and marketing its Commercial Development Strategy.

A key component of this strategy involves the airport’s 280 acre Highway Commercial (HC) property, planned by MXD Development Strategists and Stantec, which has a variety of uses ranging from retail and hotel, to office, exhibition centre and recreation.

With exposure to over 65,000 vehicles per day and over three kilometres of direct exposure to Highway QE2, the north-south artery of Alberta through to USA and Mexico, and connecting to the prosperous Northern Alberta Oil Sands and Diamond Fields, this site is perfectly positioned for Destination Retail Development.

The first phase of the Highway Commercial development is underway with the grading and installation of roads and infrastructure on 80 acres at the gateway to EIA.

The primary emphasis of this first phase will be to develop the Destination Retail Centre components including shops, entertainment, leisure, dining and a Hotel cluster.

Myron Keehn, vice president of commercial development at EIA, says: “The first phase of the Highway Commercial project has already attracted interest from globally recognised retail development and hospitality companies, which is symbolic of the site’s ability to serve air passengers, the airport community (6,000 employees and 10 million meeters/greeters per year), tourists, the traveling public, local and regional residents.

“This project will become the ‘Gateway to Northern Alberta’ for shopping, business and recreation, responding to Alberta’s strong economy where retail sales have been growing at 7% per annum (the fastest in Canada) and there is virtually no unemployment with rates of less than 4%”.

The EIA Phase 1 Destination Retail project is forecast to create 1,000 new jobs and stimulate eight to 10 million customer visits per annum.

Maybe our version of Gasoline Alley?

I'd rather C2E than work!

^^Thanks for the post. I have been of the opinion that it would make a great location for an outlet mall for quite a while. The location to serve as a regional destination mall is fantastic.
    ^No it will not be anything like gasoline alley.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

I absolutely love the idea for the fact that I enjoy discount shopping and it would be great to watch planes while doing my shopping.

Sure would make the airport pickups and drop offs much more worthwhile.

C2E Continued Contributor

As long as it is a mall and not another power centre. It would be cool for people with a bi of a layover to hop over and do some shopping.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Was talked about at the real estate conference today.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

From the drawing it looks sort of like Windemere. Hopefully maybe more like the Woodlands in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brentk View Post
    From the drawing it looks sort of like Windemere. Hopefully maybe more like the Woodlands in Texas
    In this climate for it to be a great place to spend anytime at it must be more mall like than box stores. No one visiting the airport is going to run around parking here and there - or people with hours to spare forced to head outdoors from one building to the next. This concept needs a more thoughtful plan that is pedestrian friendly and links the mall stores to shuttles or monorail etc. Perhaps a design with a single corridor inside and covered? There are some clever guys on here and Skyscraper that can dazzle with great concepts...as clearly the design team used by EIA could use some fresh perspective. As is the concept looks like south common 2.
    Last edited by EdmTrekker; 09-05-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Agreed, that our climate would be suited for something very different. For that size of development, and the way that the roads are already in place I don't see it happening. The sad truth of it is that $ talks, and it is much cheaper to develop the way they have planned. The majority of people do not demand different...meaning we don't change our shopping habits. Then again nothing has allowed us to change our habits, but I don't see a development that many are going to dislike because its adding to "sprawl" doing anything to out of the ordinary . . ie monorail

C2E Bandwidth Hog

I think I'm gonna barf
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Oh geez, maybe the airport should focus on you know airport-related development. I can give them a pass on the industrial park, but a golf course AND now a planned retail mall/power centre? Come on.
    Don't feed the trolls!

^um, you know, most airports are diversifying their revenue streams to supplement other forms of income and or assist in subsidizing air service.
    www.decl.org

www.decl.org

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Good on EIA, the more diverse they can be the better. More revenue streams are a good thing as long as they still push for route expansion, terminal improvements, etc. The EIA has really become a beautiful airport and love the new additions.

Outlet Shopping Centres are characterised by the following features:
    -Destination oriented whereby most customers arrive by car.
    -Unenclosed single level open air formats.
    -Traditionally organised in long ‘strip retail’ configurations around vehicle parking lots, but now more inward-oriented evolving around ‘lifestyle village’ or ‘H-configuration’ pedestrian cores and connective armatures, around which parking areas are situated.
    -Started by selling ‘off-season discounted’ merchandise.
    -Evolved to sell ‘factory direct’ merchandise specifically produced for Outlet centres at discounted value-labelled prices.
    -Largely oriented towards fashion and homeware.
    -Not anchored by department stores, but rather by Destination Sports & Recreation Anchors.
    -Smaller shop size than standard regional shopping centres and higher sales turnover.
    -Total centre size ranging from 20,000 square metres to 40,000 square metres on 30 to 40 acres of land.
    -Traditionally located 45 minutes out from downtown High Street areas and existing enclosed Regional Malls, so as not to compete with full price – full service stores in these established locations and to respect retailer radius clauses.
    -Situated at gateway locations to metropolitan regions.
    -Situated at major ground transportation highway interchanges.
    -Increasingly situated at and around major airports.
    http://www.airport-world.com/publica...-outlet-retail

The only difference i see on that list between South Common and this is "situated at and around major airports"
    I don't understand who they're catering to, Leduc? There arent that many 'new' retailers that will fill this without being duplicates from South Common. Why would anyone from Edmonton/highway travel to this one vs south common?

If I was catching a flight I wouldnt head over to the airport hours earlier to go shop the same crap that currently exists behind Ikea. Am I missing something? I do not understand the logic behind this

Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    Good on EIA, the more diverse they can be the better. More revenue streams are a good thing as long as they still push for route expansion, terminal improvements, etc. The EIA has really become a beautiful airport and love the new additions.
    Exactly. Diversify revenue, use to offset subsidy/promotion of new routes/destinations.
    www.decl.org

A Outlet style open air mall with stores all attached would be very good and something new for the region. A power center would be terrible and imo wouldn't do nearly as well. What kind of big box stores would you even put there with the existing big box stores just south in Leduc and south Edmonton common to the North.

The whole development would also greatly assist the case for LRT to the airport in the future.

I have been hoping for a mall like cross iron mills that would be connected by walkway to the terminal but I don't like the idea of an open air retail centre much at all.

Better than a hayfield I guess. More construction jobs and retail jobs for tfw

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    I think I'm gonna barf
    'Cause you're opposed to new revenue streams helping to keep a lid on airport user fees?

Or being put towards marketing EIA to airlines to attract new destinations?

The sample design is just a cookie cutter - hopefully it's not that.
    ... gobsmacked

Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    The sample design is just a cookie cutter - hopefully it's not that.
    I guess that's the nut though. Couldn't a poorly designed/thought out revenue stream quickly become an albatross?

Wicked! This saves everyone a 15 minute commute to South Edmonton Common for the exact same thing!
    FREE THE LOOPING .GIF MEMES
    youtube.com/GrimEmpire

a lot of people using the airport from say ft mcmurray or north will find having a mall at the airport handy to grab somethings on their way back home and avoid the evil/scary city - as many people who live in small towns think of a city
    vancouver airport is getting an outlet mall - the first location for a european based outlet centre chain, but at least vancouver's one will have a canada line stop and they promis brands/stores missing from the vancouver market

I am just unimpressed with what is being offered and the image shown. Of course the airport getting additional revenue is not something I oppose.

Just interesting that it's forgivable if the airport wants to build a car oriented development for revenue, but when the city does the same thing (ie sprawl) it's somehow unacceptable. I don't condone either, but in the same breath I don't appreciate the double standards. It's important to keep this development in mind next time the city approves a new 'manning town centre' or 'currents of windermere' - just like the airport, perhaps the city is looking at an easy way of garnering additional revenue, but at least when these are built in the city, they include transit and are much closer to residents.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

^ Exactamundo! A Walmart-anchored power centre is just as unacceptable at EIA as it is on the Molson/Crosstown site.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Maybe people should calm down and wait to see what stores it will offer (if its even built) before getting all bent out of shape? (I know this will be tough for most people on here)

Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    I am just unimpressed with what is being offered and the image shown. Of course the airport getting additional revenue is not something I oppose.

Just interesting that it's forgivable if the airport wants to build a car oriented development for revenue, but when the city does the same thing (ie sprawl) it's somehow unacceptable. I don't condone either, but in the same breath I don't appreciate the double standards. It's important to keep this development in mind next time the city approves a new 'manning town centre' or 'currents of windermere' - just like the airport, perhaps the city is looking at an easy way of garnering additional revenue, but at least when these are built in the city, they include transit and are much closer to residents.
    It is more appropriate in that location, but still not desirable for a variety of reasons, that said, I bet it would be quite popular the day it opens if marketed as a regional power centre.
    www.decl.org

Reality is that this area will be developed with a variety of hotel, business park, and supporting retail uses (restaurants, quick serve restaurants, gas bars, convenience retail, misc retail). It will not be a large power centre, or a CrossIron type of mall. That's what I think at the end of the day.

Exactly.
    www.decl.org

I'm trying to picture where exactly this development is planned. I can't tell from the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I'm trying to picture where exactly this development is planned. I can't tell from the image.
    Right on the side of thr highway. You can see them moving the dirt around for it. Only thing I can say is that the traffic trying to get into the shopping complex better not cause traffic jams that start making people late for their flights (remember 23ave and gateway intersection).

Lets just hope that EIA remembers that their first priority is to put people on airplanes and not to sell discounted shoes.

C2E SME

I wonder if this is a location we could see Bass Pro Shops set up.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Default Tulalip outlet mall Washington.

http://m.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/S...randcategories
    My wife loves this place, me not so much. The only saving grace for me is I will be able to watch the planes coming and going.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Default YEG - Non-airside Development

They sure are moving a ton of dirt south of airport road these days... anyone seen any renderings of the proposed outlet mall? Hearing it is massive.
    www.decl.org

I didn't even know about it?
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

They have been talking about the lands for some time now and are moving a lot of dirt. I believe their plans include 1-2 new hotels, a large highway commercial component ie. outlet mall etc and office/warehouse combos.

Ivanhoe is behind it in part of full.
    www.decl.org

If you drive the QE2 you cannot miss it. 9 earth movers, half dozen heavy haulers, numerous bulldozers backhoes and tractors. It is an all out assault trying to get the utilities in before freeze up.

Wouldn't this have to go through regional planning... Or is this on the Federal Airport lands?
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

And those in Nisku South think traffic is bad now...

That will be a problem. This intersection is in need of a major upgrade.

Really can't wait for this for many reasons. Very strange though that there is so little info out there on it if they are already doing significant earthwork.

It will really give YEG a much better feel and connection to an urban centre.
    www.decl.org

Looks like they are doing a good job. Now if they could develop the land to the north as planned with something like the Woodlands feel like in Houston for some of the industrial giants in Nisku like Halliburton, NOV, Baker, Weatherford..... lots of opportunity with those companies as they are looking for new office space and there is a lot of issues with all aspects of infrastructure in Nisku.

Then get the LRT out to the Airport with stops in those industrial areas for workers.

C2E Posting Power

Quoted from the article is the info on this development:

" for the past two years Edmonton International Airport (EIA) has been proactively planning and marketing its Commercial Development Strategy.

A key component of this strategy involves the airport’s 280 acre Highway Commercial (HC) property, planned by MXD Development Strategists and Stantec, which has a variety of uses ranging from retail and hotel, to office, exhibition centre and recreation.

With exposure to over 65,000 vehicles per day and over three kilometres of direct exposure to Highway QE2, the north-south artery of Alberta through to USA and Mexico, and connecting to the prosperous Northern Alberta Oil Sands and Diamond Fields, this site is perfectly positioned for Destination Retail Development.

The first phase of the Highway Commercial development is underway with the grading and installation of roads and infrastructure on 80 acres at the gateway to EIA.

The primary emphasis of this first phase will be to develop the Destination Retail Centre components including shops, entertainment, leisure, dining and a Hotel cluster.

Myron Keehn, vice president of commercial development at EIA, says: “The first phase of the Highway Commercial project has already attracted interest from globally recognised retail development and hospitality companies, which is symbolic of the site’s ability to serve air passengers, the airport community (6,000 employees and 10 million meeters/greeters per year), tourists, the traveling public, local and regional residents.

“This project will become the ‘Gateway to Northern Alberta’ for shopping, business and recreation, responding to Alberta’s strong economy where retail sales have been growing at 7% per annum (the fastest in Canada) and there is virtually no unemployment with rates of less than 4%”.

The EIA Phase 1 Destination Retail project is forecast to create 1,000 new jobs and stimulate eight to 10 million customer visits per annum. ""

Wow! This great news...from that rendering, I'm assuming the hotels are somewhere along the northwest portion? Overall, that rendering appear very dense in a good way.

Terwilliegar Drive will be extended to YEG eventually and will remove a huge chunk of traffic.
    Go down a few dark alleys.

Not enough in the short term. That intersection is already backed up every weekday morning and afternoon.

C2E SME

I think if there is more development around the Edmonton International Airport, the LRT will be needed more sooner than later.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

LRT definitely needed, as will the terwilliegar extension.

I wonder how many people would take LRT to airport and an area like this.

Default Edmonton International Airport works on new development

Excavators and trucks are digging up property beside the Edmonton International Airport to prepare for a big new office, shopping and hotel development.

Crews began last year clearing land for the first phase of the project, a 32-hectare site at the southwest corner of Airport Road and the Queen Elizabeth 2 Highway expected to contain hotels, restaurants, offices, shops and entertainment.
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...100/story.html

Partially Addicted to C2E

Well I guess Marriott is going to close the hotel at YEG during the winter now that EIA has announced potential competition is on the horizon.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Quote Originally Posted by Ponza View Post
    Well I guess Marriott is going to close the hotel at YEG during the winter now that EIA has announced potential competition is on the horizon.

Well played, sir! Well played.

I am a bit concerned by these particular comments from the Edmonton journal article. I would prefer an open air mall to an indoor one though but just hope it is not a power center.

"He couldn't say how many stores there will be. However, he wasn't sure it would have an outlet mall similar to the enclosed CrossIron Mills north of Calgary International Airport.

"I think the Edmonton market is much different, because there are retail centres already around the city," he said.

"There's no West Edmonton Mall in Calgary, there's no South Edmonton Common in Calgary. This area will be more balanced."

http://www2.canada.com/components/pr...ec48a&sponsor=
    Last edited by Base; 31-10-2013 at 02:40 PM.

^ An indoor mall might be a safer bet. Please don't turn this into another South Edmonton Commons...it's a disgrace!!!

Would love an outlet similar to the North Vegas open air outlet mall. That won't happen here though. People are afraid of snow.

It's going in right beside a busy freeway. My guess - a variation on SEC.

Love that quote, "there's no South Edmonton Common in Calgary."

Ya think??
    ... gobsmacked

^ He means a facsimile, obviously.

What about that massive box store development at Deerfoot & Heritage ? Or the one at McLeod by the Marquis de Lorne ? Or the one that, while smaller in footprint, is actually designed worse than SEC.. Richmond Rd and Sarcee ?

These things are everywhere. Not just here.

And a mall at the airport is a stupid idea.
    Parkdale

Yes, I did get that he meant nothing like SEC in Calgary. Just struck a funny bone the way he said it instead.

Also, airports all over are looking for alternative revenue schemes. Helps them not have to gouge the public so much - helps them maybe even lower fees to attract more airlines and/or flights.

For passengers, anything that makes travel less of a herding experience seems like a good idea (to me anyway).

YEG, has such a massive landbase (and paying rent to Ottawa for the privilege) that this, or something like it seems almost like a no-brainer.
    ... gobsmacked

I'd think that land is a lot more valuable as primarily heavy commercial/ industrial
    Parkdale

South South Edmonton Common.

Slogan: Now even further away from where people live!
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Does anyone else hear a twinned overpass for east west access ?
    Or perhaps a twining and slight twisting of the Leduc Banana (overpass) ?
    Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Done. Next time, please use a PM so I can see this request faster.
    Ow

Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    Does anyone else hear a twinned overpass for east west access ?
    Or perhaps a twining and slight twisting of the Leduc Banana (overpass) ?
    Alberta Transportation does have plans, but I'm thinking they will tinker with it a bit. The plans have them building a full diamond interchange south of the existing flyover, but not all the ramps would be needed. I'm guessing the final build out will combine parts of a diamond with the flyover.
    http://www.transportation.alberta.ca...iew.pdf#page=2

Thank you for shedding some light !

C2E Bandwidth Hog

"The Outlet Collection at EIA" announced by @FlyEIA and Ivanhoe Cambridge - nr Hwy2, 85+ brands, expected opening 2016

Looks like there could be a couple hotels in that rendering...

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Edmonton: Ivanhoe Cambridge partners with Edmonton International Airport to develop The Outlet Collection at EIA

Ivanhoe Cambridge and Edmonton International Airport (EIA) announced today that they have entered into a conditional agreement to lease approximately 45 acres of land to develop a retail outlet destination called “The Outlet Collection at EIA”, as part of the EIA’s Highway Commercial Project.

Ideally located directly adjacent to the Queen Elizabeth II Highway, south of Airport Road, Ivanhoe Cambridge’s The Outlet Collection at EIA will feature 32,500 m2 (350,000 ft2 ) of retail outlets offering value from over 85 renowned brands, all housed under one roof. The Outlet Collection at EIA will offer customers a comfortable environment and a new level of shopping experience that caters to all tastes and budgets.

“This project is an important step in the evolution of our new development program,” declared Paul Gleeson, Executive Vice-President, Development, at Ivanhoe Cambridge. “With Vaughan Mills in Toronto (opened in 2004) and CrossIron Mills in Calgary (opened in 2009) successfully established, we have created the opportunity to evolve this value-offering into a pure outlet format for other dominant markets across Canada. Branded as ‘The Outlet Collection,’ the first of these new projects, The Outlet Collection at Niagara, is to open to the public on May 15, 2014.”

“This is great news. It means more shopping, entertainment and hospitality options, not only for passengers, but for Greater Edmonton. The airport is a self-funded not-for-profit corporation, so airport revenue that is generated by leasing the land for this project will be reinvested into building better air service for the Edmonton Region. Ultimately, this will support more flights to more places”, said Myron Keehn, EIA Vice President of Commercial Development.

Edmontonians are the highest retail-spending citizens per capita in Canada. With 7 million passengers a year, EIA is the fastest-growing major airport in Canada. Airport traffic has increased by 60% over the last 10 years and Edmonton’s 1.2 million population is expected to grow by 15% over the next decade.

Targeting a fall 2016 opening, both parties expect to be able to satisfy the mutual conditions of the agreement in the first half of 2014, at which time full project details will be announced.
    http://www.ivanhoecambridge.com/en-C...eia/index.aspx

" The Outlet Collection at EIA will feature 32,500 m2 (350,000 ft2 ) of retail outlets offering value from over 85 renowned brands, all housed under one roof. "

All housed under one roof? Looks like many roofs to me.

Either the big building in the bottom left or middle right of the picture are probably the one they're talking about with the Outlet Collection. Other buildings look to be hotels, financial, restaurants, offices park, etc.

Also - do I notice what appears to be a LRT station in the rendering?

on the far right? I thought I saw that too, but assumed it was just a mirage.

C2E SME

^I saw that too, but I'm going to hold the opinion that they are expecting something that we haven't heard much about yet. That would be really cool to have LRT out there.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

LRT/HSR alignment proposed by EIA in their Master Plan 2010-2035 - see page 14 in this executive summary

http://flyeia.com/sites/default/file...ivesummary.pdf

also - more detail here : http://corporate.flyeia.com/sites/de...2035_part2.pdf

Page 133 (as displayed in the pdf, not actual page count as this pdf is divided in two parts)

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Here is the news release

http://ppl.ug/dSqEzCEKDlA/

and the fact sheet...

http://ppl.ug/uTv1RtvHuIw/
    Onward and upward

"Collection"

*snickers*
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

I t looks so big city....

*sniff* my airport is all growed up *sniff*

C2E Bandwidth Hog

https://twitter.com/cspotweet/status.../photo/1/large
    Concept drawing for interior of new mega-retail centre slated to go up near @FLYEIA.

this will be closer to Red Deer than Balzac and Hiway 2 is better North of Red Deer (IMO) Hopefully we can pull more Red Deer residents to the EIA for flights as well.

Concept drawings make the place look more upscale in terms of finishes than CrossIron Mills (I hate that mall). Can't wait to see it go up, especially if/when the airport is annexed, making it within city limits.
    Don't feed the trolls!

^ And unlike cross Iron... this will be accessable by City Run Public Transport.

To the best of my knowledge the only way to get to cross iron without a car is red arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    this will be closer to Red Deer than Balzac and Hiway 2 is better North of Red Deer (IMO) Hopefully we can pull more Red Deer residents to the EIA for flights as well.
    Be nice if we had the flights. Truth is, EIA is already more user friendly than pretty much any airport that I've been to in Canada - this just makes it even more so.

Caveat - a co-worker (who also loves EIA) tells me Quebec City's airport is also uber-user friendly - but I haven't been, so can't confirm
    ... gobsmacked

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    ^ And unlike cross Iron... this will be accessable by City Run Public Transport.

To the best of my knowledge the only way to get to cross iron without a car is red arrow.

Yep. That's one of the reasons why you now see cars backing out onto the highway from the interchange there.
    Don't feed the trolls!

This is great news for YEG. It will be done well considering Ivanhoe is behind it. A big step towards the ongoing development of the airport real estate.

I'm a little concerned that this 85 store "mall" will be too small to make it much of an attraction. It must be that building on the left, which I originally thought was a single big box retailer.

Millwoods town centre also has 85 stores but that includes some big anchor tenants. Without anchor tenants, will this really work?

Peoples loves them their outlets and drive-thrus.
    www.decl.org

We all likes em cuz we po folk and can eats there for less than your tip for your hi falutin' waiter. Wees likes the indoor malls too cuz Wees can stay warm and hang out with our famlees.

So...... will Ivanhoe open an Edmonton office ???

Check out the article in today's Sacramento Bee. http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/04/596...-partners.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I'm a little concerned that this 85 store "mall" will be too small to make it much of an attraction. It must be that building on the left, which I originally thought was a single big box retailer.

Millwoods town centre also has 85 stores but that includes some big anchor tenants. Without anchor tenants, will this really work?
    Big anchor tenants could be hotels, condos, retail or who knows. As was the case on the Outlet Collection at Niagara Falls where "Phase 2 would add 66,900 m2 (720,000 ft2.) to the project’s total gross leasable area"...Cambridge have access to 45 acres to play with at EIA. They have some room to play and could likely secure more land if needed for build-out to include hotels, condos and a host of other opportunities. LRT may go right "through" it - if on the planned route.

http://www.ivanhoecambridge.com/CMS/...he-Lake%20.pdf

Casino ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    So...... will Ivanhoe open an Edmonton office ???
    Their Edmonton offices are in Southgate I believe
    Parkdale

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    You're just jealous 'cause your little piece of crap won't make it 5' out of your parkade for 7 months of the year LOL
    Parkdale

Yes, that's right, it is jealousy I am feeling.
    www.decl.org

^ Mixed with a little bit of contempt and riteous indignation I am sure
    Parkdale

Anyways
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Sure beats homeless and thugs that you encounter when you head downtown to go shoppin'.

Yes, Ian, two can play the same childish game you played here.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast