Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strathearn Heights Development restarted

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Strathearn Heights Development restarted

ADMIN EDIT - this came from the old Strathern Plan thread. Since it is now back in the spotlight, a new thread is in order.

Back in business...

*I should note that I was formally asked to provide these by the Nearctic Group.

(http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...psccf8dae4.png)

(https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...e20-NqlK6wR-zA)
    Last edited by IanO; 19-02-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

When this actually begins, i hope they start the project at the spot closest to the lrt station

C2E Hard Core Contributor

In addition to the Strathearn redevelopment, I know of another major project that is being planned for that area. Really exciting stuff, but sadly I cannot divulge any info.
    Don't feed the trolls!

The scuttlebutt around the SE is that the Holyrood infill on 85st is rolling again.

C2E Continued Contributor

I see they're planning on increasing the height of the towers to accomodate more units. I can't see Strathearn residents being to thrilled with that, especially when considering how much they fought this project when it was before council
    Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    The scuttlebutt around the SE is that the Holyrood infill on 85st is rolling again.
    I hope so. That strip needs some serious updating. I emailed Westcorp a while back and begged them not to make it ugly. There last proposal was bland as can be. Make it modern and bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Montrosian View Post
    I see they're planning on increasing the height of the towers to accomodate more units. I can't see Strathearn residents being to thrilled with that, especially when considering how much they fought this project when it was before council
    Both increases and decreases... Very minor at that.
    www.decl.org

Looks like two decreases and 5 increases from that invitation.
    Don't feed the trolls!

Net 4.5 storeys total over the whole development... minor.
    www.decl.org

These towers will obstruct our view of downtown (we're in Holyrood), but I don't care. I can't wait for this development to get going. It's going to do so much for the area.

At the meeting you will also get a first look at the design for the new community hall.

The massing looks great to me.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

C2E Posting Power

Just have to make sure Ralph's sticks around just for their chicken. :P

Reminder that the open house is tonight.
    www.decl.org

Just back from the Strathearn open house, very well presented and the urban design/architectural concept drawings are some of the best I have seen if not the best in Edmonton... and on par Tor/Van. Very modern boxy/extruded box, but equally creative and well though out.

Using Neuf from Montreal

http://www.neufarchitectes.com

Sorry, no photos.
    www.decl.org

Partially Addicted to C2E

Thanks for the info Ian that's great news!
    "By its nature, the metropolis provides what otherwise could be given only by traveling; namely, the strange." --J.J.

Partially Addicted to C2E

Don't read too much into these perspectives as they are simply an artist's concepts used to visualize the adjusted density scheme. The design has yet to progress beyond the massing in the second image. That said it's a very exciting development with a ton of promise!

Last edited by whyteknight; 07-03-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    "By its nature, the metropolis provides what otherwise could be given only by traveling; namely, the strange." --J.J.

Sorry, I have to... Sweater Vest.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

^
    ?

I really like this concept. Close to downtown, so dense construction is appropriate- especially with transit station there.

Looks like a very thoughtful community design.
    Don't feed the trolls!

I went and voiced my support. But disappointing to hear all the NIMBYs there.

"It's nice, build it somewhere else"
    "LRT is not needed here"
    "The rich people will ruin the character of the neighbourhood."

Everyone seemed in favour of the rebuilding of the community hall. Quite a modern design.

Rich people?! This is a development to get those that "have to buy in the suburbs" or rent for a good location, and now allows them to have a row house or apartment in a tight community close to the core (or in the core - I include the south side) with good transportation. I'm not rich, and this is for me! Sign me up.

the plan looks fantastic, it has much of the allure century park's schemes once had, hopefully this one does not follow a similar fate.

^There is a big difference between those running ProCura and those running the Strathearn redevelopment...

Strathearn Heights infill project heading back to city hall

BY ELISE STOLTE, EDMONTON JOURNAL

EDMONTON - Plans for redeveloping Strathearn Heights are heading back to city council after sitting on the shelf for five years.

The plans to replace 500 aging townhouses with a mixture of 20-storey residential towers, low-rise apartments, new townhouses and commercial space were passed by council in 2008, but put on hold after the economy slowed.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...220/story.html

Excellent news
    www.decl.org

Orientation of plan has changed since a month or so ago, and from what I can see from the better. The boulevard and connection of parks.

Very exciting to see this move ahead. Huge for Strathearn.

I live right smack in the middle of this. On the avenue. I am trying to love all of the changes that are going to take place...quadrupling our population at minimum and an LRT running past my front door. Cities grow. Got it. I'm a hippy...so growing up not out is also good (even though Edmonton continues to fail on that front). Someone has to take the hit. That someone is me. Do I have concerns? You bet I do! I think overall the project is excessive and greedy in density. With every concern I have had I have been met with the label "nimby". Is this junior high? Is this bullying and name calling? I hope we are all adults here.

I am losing all of my avenue parking to make way for the trains. I am losing my side street parking to make way for better site lines to merge onto the avenue. The City and "the applicants" are in bed on this one. There is a bylaw that talks about how many parking stalls each unit must provide but for this project, because "they hope" the residents will take the train, they have lowered the usual mandatory numbers. Super. So for each unit there will be less parking than people... (0.7 parking stalls per bach suite etc). They "hope" visitor parking will take place inside the complex. We have one road that empties the hood, we can't build another one if traffic gets stupid.

Here is where I get cranky. Like most of us I have room for one vehicle to park in my garage pad. I can't get things in my back door as the entrance is very narrow, turns, and sharply goes up a flight of stairs to the main floor. I had to move everything through the front door. I didn't have room in the alley for the moving truck. My fence wasn't large enough to get large items through. How will I have a new stove delivered? The delivery people will have to park 2 blocks away. How will I have my landscaping soil delivered? They cant stop in front of my house, or even within a block of my house. Heck how will the pizza guy find me? How will Christmas look when my elderly family members have to park 2 blocks away with their goodies and hoof it in icy conditions (assuming they can find parking along with everyone else).

Is it a lovely looking project. Ya. Will I benefit from some of the amenities...probably. Will it increase my property values? Certainly not for the next 5-10 years..I certainly won't try to sell during that time. Of course I worry about the value of my property at the end of all of this. It is my investment, financially and in my heart. It is my home.

^be sure to advise Sustainable Development and your Councillor of this so that it can be recorded and reviewed to mitigate these issues when the DC is presented.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Very exciting to see this move ahead. Huge for Strathearn.
    And the value of homes in the area just we t right up up up

I have attended every meeting I could, written letters and made phone calls. I am more than curious to see what can be done!!! Until all hope is gone that my voice matters to someone somewhere, I will have hope. Unfortunately I only receive the letters for the upcoming meetings about 6 days prior to each meeting so I have had to miss the most recent...booourns.

The value of my home will go up? When? Can you provide me with some examples of residential areas where new highrises have gone up and lrt's are out the front door where the value of the bungalows next to them have gone up in value? That would perhaps set my mind at ease a bit.

Just because I am not "all in" does not make me a "nimby". I am "mostly in" with some serious concerns.

highlander

I suspect that the amenity of the nearby station will increase the value of your house more than the reduced parking will decrease it, at least in the long term after all the construction is done, both the LRT and the parts of the Strathern redevelopment within earshot.

Depending on zoning in the long term your property will probably become very valuable for development after the strathern heights development is well underway. When you do sell in a few decades you'll probably get a good price from someone who wants to assemble 4 or 5 lots and built a low or mid-rise apartment.

But while the avenue is single family homes the loading issue should be taken seriously. The city should allocate a few spots on both streets south of the station for commercial loading. It may not be good enough for a load of concrete or for an ambulance, but for the fed-ex guy or a cab it should solve the problem.

I think parking can be handled with resident permitting.
    We manage to handle folk fest each year using this method. Even when it was single side resident parking for each road prior to two years ago this worked fine and we parked directly in front of our house almost every time

I truly hope the city puts this in place at least directly abutting the development.

It's going to be a huge change, and but overall for the better imo. The thought of a grocery store again and the Lrt is very exciting. Strathearn maintained and added some good retail over the years, and but also lost quite a few.

I was told there would likely be resident permit parking. For me it holds no solution as i will no longer have any parking available in front of my house or on my side street. Neither will any of my neighbors....but its better than a kick in the junk...sorta.

Gaww don't tell me my house will become more valuable because developers may wan't to develop more properties around the site! That's the opposite of the pep talk I want! I sink every buck I make into this joint. Its my dream home!

It has been interesting hearing different viewpoints on this.

superboo, have you attempted any contacts with residents currently with tracks passing by their homes? Im asking for the reason that they might have a much clearer understanding of pros and cons of this to help you and your neighbors to come up with a better solution.

Regardless how much you ***** , a train will be passing by there. Instead of sounding negative, spoiled, shallow, and selfcentered, now is the time for you to stand up, take charge, and gather the neighborhood together... Start out by contacting residents near the university etc.

Quote Originally Posted by superboo View Post
    I have attended every meeting I could, written letters and made phone calls. I am more than curious to see what can be done!!! Until all hope is gone that my voice matters to someone somewhere, I will have hope. Unfortunately I only receive the letters for the upcoming meetings about 6 days prior to each meeting so I have had to miss the most recent...booourns.

The value of my home will go up? When? Can you provide me with some examples of residential areas where new highrises have gone up and lrt's are out the front door where the value of the bungalows next to them have gone up in value? That would perhaps set my mind at ease a bit.

Just because I am not "all in" does not make me a "nimby". I am "mostly in" with some serious concerns.
    Direct access to LRT, even only planned lrt, is well documented as having a positive effect on your homes value.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

I friend of mine would love to buy your home for that exact reason!

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

^Me too, amongst other reasons.
    We would share and listen and support and welcome, be propelled by passion not invest in outcomes. We would breathe and be charmed and amused by difference. -Alanis Morissette

"Regardless how much you ***** , a train will be passing by there. Instead of sounding negative, spoiled, shallow, and selfcentered, now is the time for you to stand up, take charge, and gather the neighborhood together... Start out by contacting residents near the university etc."

I have concerns yes...but I am none of those things. I said I'm ok with the big picture, taking the hit...in fact, I don't even own a car and use transit to get most places. I have not just "attempted" , I have knocked on or dropped off information to EVERY doorstep in my neighborhood at some point during the meetings and information sessions in the last 6 years. I presented in front of Council. I attend as many meetings as possible. My concern is losing my parking. If that is self centered, shallow, spoiled and negative...then I guess you got me pegged.

Glad to hear the values of the homes don't go down around lrt lines. I think for as many people who may not like all the changes there will be more who want to live here for them.

^As a person that believes LRT should complement all other modes of transportation and not impede them, I feel that the city should try to remedy the parking situation in some way.

How did they manage it on 105st for the new NAIT line? They lost a whole street, not just street parking.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    ^As a person that believes LRT should complement all other modes of transportation and not impede them,
    I echo your sentiment. I actively avoid 111 St now so that I don't have to rage at how the city has screwed up and bizarrely timed all the light rotations at the intersections after constructing the LRT line down that way.
    Don't feed the trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by superboo View Post
    I was told there would likely be resident permit parking. For me it holds no solution as i will no longer have any parking available in front of my house or on my side street. Neither will any of my neighbors....but its better than a kick in the junk...sorta.

Gaww don't tell me my house will become more valuable because developers may wan't to develop more properties around the site! That's the opposite of the pep talk I want! I sink every buck I make into this joint. Its my dream home!

It has been interesting hearing different viewpoints on this.
    I've seen my house rise in value substantially, and I credit a lot of that to the fact that I'm a few blocks from an LRT station. Houses in our area sell fast and the new neighbors I talk to, easy access to the LRT is a buying feature
    Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieA View Post
    ^As a person that believes LRT should complement all other modes of transportation and not impede them,
    I echo your sentiment. I actively avoid 111 St now so that I don't have to rage at how the city has screwed up and bizarrely timed all the light rotations at the intersections after constructing the LRT line down that way.
    I drive 111 more on my scooter than ever before and I try my best to align myself with a LRT train and travel for blocks and blocks without interruption or red lights.

^If you're following the train, why aren't you on it?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Cause it's summer and i have a scooter!

C2E SME

^If you're following the train, why aren't you on it?
    Because I'm heading to Kinsmen or Terwillegar for a hockey game, and don't feel like walking half a dozen blocks or more with a 40lb hockey bag and 30lb jersey bag on my back?

Personally I don't think that 111 street is all that bad with the LRT. The light sequencing isn't as awesome as it used to be, where you could make it all the way from 23rd to Saskatchewan Drive in a single sequence late at night, but it's decent enough.

That said, I don't travel on it during peak traffic periods, so that could well be another story.

I'm not talking about driving along 111 St, which isn't the best in terms of the timing (not fun stopping at every single light), but more about trying to cross or turn left across the line. I was stuck at one intersection for 10 minutes (timed it) because of how they controlled the intersection.

That being said, can we get back to Strathearn.
    Don't feed the trolls!

Turning left across an LRT line isn't a big deal.. so ya wait an extra min.

People really need to ground themselves in reality.

It's not an extra minute. During rush hour it can cause delays of 10-20 minutes, at one intersection. These are intersections that took 2 minutes to pass through before the train. That's a failed design.

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post

If you read what I said, I said it took 10 MINUTES, not an extra minute. And I was the first car turning to boot.
    Don't feed the trolls!

Yeah but you drive a car so you deserve what you get, you big evil baddie poopy pants you.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

^ Zactly... you should trade in that big gas guzzler for a super duper scooter Mr. pooper! lord know those things zip down the roads way faster , why they can navigate the 111 street intersections in one minute compared to your big bad pollution machine that takes ten!!

Next thing you know the huggers of tree's will want people to turn off their cars when waiting at these failed intersections.....WAIT!!! its a conspiracy of the twigs and berries bicycle gang lets sell the good people of Edmonton an LRT system because its green, lets have it go surface to save money, the tax payers will like that one better, and have it cross those terrible intersections used by those awful machines that consume fossil fuel and kill our planet. YEAH thats IT!! and then we will intentionally bugger up the timing of the lights and have a sit in to have those cars forced to turn off their Fossil fuel enginesbecause they are idling for far too long!! What A PLAN!!!
    Excellence is a continual Journey up a staircase where there is NO top step...

Back to our regularly scheduled Thread Strathearn Heights Development....queue tacky hold music here!!
    Excellence is a continual Journey up a staircase where there is NO top step...

Well I'm sure the 2000-3000 new people merging onto the only available avenue we have won't conflict with the train...right?

I have used the super awesome #112 for the past 15 years...at all times of the morning and day as my work schedule is flexible...there are very few peeps from the hood on that bus...so the "hope" that all locals will train to work is ridiculous...same goes for the "hope" that everyone will walk to and from the grocery store.. I don't own a car and even I don't walk to and from the grocery store...

The new development...although to me is greedy in scale, is doable. The lrt does not fit...if it comes at the cost of eliminating parking and shaving residents land..it doesn't fit. I am curious, will we still even have the luxury of sidewalks?

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post

Perhaps you need your own reality dose. People shouldn't sit idling for 10 minutes waiting to turn left because of bad transit policies. You complain because it takes the bus "20 minutes" to get you from downtown to your place in Oliver, but people are out of touch with reality when it takes 10 minutes to turn left because of a bad decision with our LRT plan? good grief.

Just a note about \city street signals section. 7 years ago, a good friend of mine worked in that section for 6 months before he quit and moved to trans link in van. As he is an electrical engineer he has a pretty good head on his shoulders (my opinion anyways/most thorough researcher I've ever met). He couldn't take the oppressed atmosphere in the COE....loves \Trans link.

Your comment is hyperbolized. I am on 111 Street very frequently and have made many left turns crossing the LRT line and have NEVER stood at a light for more than 5 mins. Anyone who sits here to claim they've recently waited, and waited, and waited is likely BS.

Your comment is hyperbolized. I am on 111 Street very frequently and have made many left turns crossing the LRT line and have NEVER stood at a light for more than 5 mins. Anyone who sits here to claim they've recently waited, and waited, and waited is likely BS.
    Are you calling me a liar?

Just because you haven't had the privilege of it having it happen to you doesn't mean that I'm making it up.
    Last edited by ScottieA; 23-05-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    Don't feed the trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by stinger11 View Post
    Just a note about \city street signals section. 7 years ago, a good friend of mine worked in that section for 6 months before he quit and moved to trans link in van. As he is an electrical engineer he has a pretty good head on his shoulders (my opinion anyways/most thorough researcher I've ever met). He couldn't take the oppressed atmosphere in the COE....loves \Trans link.
    I was friends with a previous executive assistant to the director of transportation operations and she had an incredibly outspoken opinion about how much of a Grade A intransigent a-hole he was. He allegedly would force through incredibly unpopular decisions even if the consensus was that it was a terrible planning choice.

I find the issue is turning left from 51 ave on to 111st. Probably not 10 mins, but it can certainly be a few light cycles before you get your turn. Even being first in line.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Posters, isn't this about the Strathern Heights Develoment, and not SLRT?

That is what I read as the title of this one!
    Ow

Goes to Council through a public hearing on July 2.

I encourage you all to write in to the city clerk and Council to express you opinions and support for this project.

Reference Bylaw 16492

[email protected]
    www.decl.org

Strathearn DC2 passes 12-1, Councillor Sloan opposed. I'd love to know why for it is one of the best infill plans I have seen to date.
    www.decl.org

Developers commented it will be a few years before we see construction start.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Strathearn DC2 passes 12-1, Councillor Sloan opposed. I'd love to know why for it is one of the best infill plans I have seen to date.
    I really hope her constituents vote her out in a few months
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    Developers commented it will be a few years before we see construction start.
    LRT is an important determinant.
    www.decl.org

I'm optimistic portions of the project will get started sooner rather than later.

It's an awesome development plan and I think we're all hopeful the develop can maintain their vision and not pull a procura.

We walk through the area often and I think it's really going to bring the neighbourhood to the next level. But if I had to prioritize, I would redevelop the rowhousing in holyrood on 85 st over these rentals. I know it doesnt work like that and they're different developers. But the strathearn building are extremely well kept, yards manicured, freshly painted exteriors. The ones on 85st are dilapidated dumps.

Knowing here MO it was one of the following..... A sentence was not worded to her liking , a graph wasn't submitted early enough or Admin wasn't able to answer one of her questions which didn't make sense or had already been answered 5 min prior just not in a way she understood..

I am sorry but she is constantly utterly infuriating. I don't understand her thought process what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nobleea View Post
    It's an awesome development plan and I think we're all hopeful the develop can maintain their vision and not pull a procura.

We walk through the area often and I think it's really going to bring the neighbourhood to the next level. But if I had to prioritize, I would redevelop the rowhousing in holyrood on 85 st over these rentals. I know it doesnt work like that and they're different developers. But the strathearn building are extremely well kept, yards manicured, freshly painted exteriors. The ones on 85st are dilapidated dumps.
    Expect this site to be next...
    www.decl.org

She voted against it because the funding for the LRT is not complete? Seriously, what does she vote in favour of?
    Last edited by ScottieA; 03-07-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Don't feed the trolls!

^ she is VERY process orientated.. if all the info isn't there or there is a single T that wasn't crossed she will not vote for it I find...

I agree she is very frustrating.

Hey Jeff... You might have missed this...
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

^ Wish this site had a "like" button.
    Don't feed the trolls!

We should see some activity again with this given that it was 'dependant' on the SELRT.
    www.decl.org

From Neuf Architects

www.decl.org

Because of the bylaws about density around the lrt doesn't this force them to build something like this to increase density?

That is what they're planning to build.
    Don't feed the trolls!

Administrator *

Here are better quality versions:

Strathearn Heights by chrisvazquez, on Flickr

I think anyone who moves away from Edmonton (for whatever reason) in the next six months, will come back in five years to a city they don't even recognize.

It's not just DT - it's freakin' everywhere.
    ... gobsmacked

15 years ago:

3.2 million passengers a year from international airport
    Klein rumbles about taking over and reopening YXD
    Office tower vacancy hovers near 20%
    Tim Hortons has not yet bothered to open downtown
    empty old Bay building contemplated for demolition
    Open mockery of the city in the Globe and Mail
    Unemployed former provincial bureaucrats flood job market or leave province
    LRT stopped dead in its tracks at University Station, no active plans for extension
    More panhandlers than pedestrians on Jasper every evening and weekend
    Hall D, Commonwealth concourse expansion, and Odyssium expansion are the "good" news.

Thankfully, I already don't recognise this place!
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    I think anyone who moves away from Edmonton (for whatever reason) in the next six months, will come back in five years to a city they don't even recognize.

It's not just DT - it's freakin' everywhere.
    Yup Even now I have friends and coworkers who live here talking about how different our city is.
    www.decl.org

We are a moving and a shaking!!

I love the look and location of this development

C2E SME

Now this is something I wouldn't mind living in.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    This development, if built as proposed, totally redefines, or defines, the east side of the city. I would absolutely consider moving there.

This development, if built as proposed, totally redefines, or defines, the east side of the city. I would absolutely consider moving there.
    It would indeed create a vibrant area. 3 LRT stops to east downtown from there...and view likely amazing from the tower. Ought to sell out pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    It would indeed create a vibrant area. 3 LRT stops to east downtown from there...and view likely amazing from the tower. Ought to sell out pronto.
    I too would consider this, the skyline from this area is great, and the towers would give this part of the city a 'denser' look when looking from downtown

Strathearn Pub closing today. Movement on this?
    www.decl.org

The Strathearn Pub has been in a slow motion closing for some time now but it could be meaningful. The building that houses Strathearn Pub, Ralph's and the rub n' tug is separate from the strip mall next to it and until recently the Calgary based owners would not sell to the Heights developers. Early plans showed how the development would engulf the Ralph's building and cut off all their access by car. Perhaps a deal has been struck.

There appear to be fewer and fewer reasons for the Heights development to get started. There was a lot of happy talk about getting started on the northwest corner last year. Let's get crackin'.

There's gonna be something on Global TV about it apparently
    www.decl.org

Did a little asking around. Turns out it was a drug bust.

www.decl.org

Ah ok lol
    www.decl.org

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    The Strathearn Pub has been in a slow motion closing for some time now but it could be meaningful. The building that houses Strathearn Pub, Ralph's and the rub n' tug is separate from the strip mall next to it and until recently the Calgary based owners would not sell to the Heights developers. Early plans showed how the development would engulf the Ralph's building and cut off all their access by car. Perhaps a deal has been struck.

There appear to be fewer and fewer reasons for the Heights development to get started. There was a lot of happy talk about getting started on the northwest corner last year. Let's get crackin'.
    Hope Ralph's will have a new space whenever that happens, good place to go if you have a fried chicken craving.

^ and for slurpees

I have a friend who works for Strathearn Heights and they've told me: 1) they have been gearing up internally to go (i.e. not renewing leases in some of the existing buildings), and 2) the owner (or perhaps the major stake holder?), suffered a major stroke while in Europe sometime in the last 7 to 10 days and now they are unsure of the future of the development.

It was pretty easy to buy blow off the staff and customers here, no surprise the cops picked up on this.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    ^ and for slurpees
    And why is that? Ralph's has some of the best slurpees around. How can there be variations in slurpees from place to place?

I had to laugh at the idea of the police performing a "sting" on the place. It could have been renamed The Strathearn Pub: Where smoking pot out front is perfectly legal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast