Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 10,901 to 11,000 of 11032

Thread: Greater Downtown Retail | Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Oh? and?
    they said to ask you to stop calling so much.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    What need gap does an Apple store fill?
    Destination, magnet, trendy, and many of us use their products and a store would assist us.
    what a fluff answer here. It's too bad IanO doesn't want to give us the meat and potatoes of whatever his latest bizarro read between the lines postings is today. Who did you survey? What were the questions, what were the actual results please. Let's not play Buzzword bingo.
    A certain retail report with 641 respondents across Edmonton along with a followup poll about specific brands to then satisfy those current gaps in retail.
    http://www.edmontondowntown.com.php7...REPORT_web.pdf
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I'd rather C2E than work!

Destination, magnet, trendy, and many of us use their products and a store would assist us.
    There is a best buy on 109st with an apple section. Apple store is pure trendy "we have made it" status.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post
    I was saying to myself a year or more ago we need a hardware store in downtown Edmonton.

I have no money to invest in one myself, but I was immediately drawn to the Home Hardware brand. There isn't a single one in Edmonton. They are all in the suburbs. Their distribution centre is in Wetaskiwin.
    As these beautiful condos age, they are going to need some TLC. Home Hardware sells those TLC items: lights bulbs and fixtures, paint, plumbing, barbeque, electrical, furniture, small appliances, even consumables like cleaning supplies, pet food and toys, and in season potting plants.

I look at a Home Hardware as being complimentary to 104 Street and the City Farmer's Market.

I understand Canadian Tire is testing a smaller "Express" format: https://business.financialpost.com/n...express-outlet
    lights bulbs - bay / dollar store
    fixtures - no one is gonna be walking with light fixtures. Buy online have deliverd to door
    paint - there is a great benjamin moore right on 107st and 104ave
    plumbing - Really? You need a walkable store for the one plumbing item a year? You can also order nearly any fixture online for delivery.
    barbeque - Bay/online
    electrical - see plumbing. Plus you can order most online for delivery.
    furniture - bay, others
    small appliances - bay
    even consumables like cleaning supplies, pet food and toys - bay/dollar store/shoppers/save-on
    and in season potting plants - farmers market/ save-on

This is just or the sake or argument to show why i think this really already exists (walkable), just not in a one stop shop, and that it's not a viable business to have a one stop shop.

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    There is a best buy on 109st with an apple section. Apple store is pure trendy "we have made it" status.
    Not quite the same thing.
    www.decl.org

Source: http://www.edmontondowntown.com.php7...REPORT_web.pdf

Where did the need for an Apple store come from?

Not quite the same thing.
    Literally has all the same products, just no pretention. Why don't you want a Microsoft store?

An Apple store, as we all well know, is a magnet and brings with it people, money and secondary spending.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by OffWhyte View Post

Source: http://www.edmontondowntown.com.php7...REPORT_web.pdf

Where did the need for an Apple store come from?
    As one of the desired lifestyle brands.
    www.decl.org

WHAT TYPE OF STORES WOULD YOULIKE TO SEE IN DOWNTOWN?Grocery was ranked first, 55% of therespondents say that they would like to seeanother grocery store Downtown, followed bywomen’s clothing and pop-up stores.

Source mentioned above

Yet... no grocery store on IanO graphic.

interesting

An Apple store, as we all well know, is a magnet and brings with it people, money and secondary spending.
    Right, it's a "downtown retail is alive and we have made it" status symbol, I believe I pointed that. It really offers nothing special for the actual residents beyond what they already have walkable access to in Best Buy.

Grocery is confirmed in ICE District and so this is post-that.
    www.decl.org

what Grocery is that? I've missed that details? Sometimes some threads get so over whelmed with photos that I may scroll past the bit of text that I'm most interested in.
    Last edited by Medwards; 04-01-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Which one, to be released in the coming weeks.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1501333
    www.decl.org

Woo
    www.decl.org

Ah, this is from that survey that excluded me because I shop "downtown" less than once a month and don't consider Oliver Square to be "downtown". Perhaps my fault.

Apple is the only brand mentioned in the report, on page 20.

The other 5 came from somewhere else...
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

ya I'm sure you can see just how silly it is to identify brands that may have no desire to be downtown Edmonton...
    Chatted with them have you?
    be careful who you ask that question to...

i'm sure there are some on this forum that chat with them - and the tenant reps that look after their real estate for them - more than you do.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

unless you can actually add "profitable" to that equation, you won't see an apple store or any of the other brands you put forward.

^^^You mean in the same page where is says "other popular brands are" and then lists 3 that were listed in the previous paragraph? Some serious attention to detail there.

Why isn't there a grocery brand in there? Is an Apple store a more-pressing need?
    Maybe because there's already a grocery store downtown?

Judging by the Apple 🍎 stores at WEM and SG they are darn busy places. If one went into CCM it would bring people there just to go to Apple 🍎 🍏

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Why isn't there a grocery brand in there? Is an Apple store a more-pressing need?
    Plus a new one coming KK, like it or lump it, grouch. Nothing to do with Trump though. lol.

I was saying to myself a year or more ago we need a hardware store in downtown Edmonton.

I have no money to invest in one myself, but I was immediately drawn to the Home Hardware brand. There isn't a single one in Edmonton. They are all in the suburbs. Their distribution centre is in Wetaskiwin.
    As these beautiful condos age, they are going to need some TLC. Home Hardware sells those TLC items: lights bulbs and fixtures, paint, plumbing, barbeque, electrical, furniture, small appliances, even consumables like cleaning supplies, pet food and toys, and in season potting plants.

I look at a Home Hardware as being complimentary to 104 Street and the City Farmer's Market.

I understand Canadian Tire is testing a smaller "Express" format: https://business.financialpost.com/n...express-outlet
    fixtures - no one is gonna be walking with light fixtures. Buy online have deliverd to door
    plumbing - Really? You need a walkable store for the one plumbing item a year? You can also order nearly any fixture online for delivery.
    barbeque - Bay/online
    furniture - bay, others
    small appliances - bay
    even consumables like cleaning supplies, pet food and toys - bay/dollar store/shoppers/save-on

This is just or the sake or argument to show why i think this really already exists (walkable), just not in a one stop shop, and that it's not a viable business to have a one stop shop.
    More often than not, people simply cannot wait to order something online - they want it now.
    Plus, there`s the possibility of the hardware store offering advantages that your average HBC or dollar store won`t have.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

https://twitter.com/RetailInsider_/s...04211877330944

Our guess is for downtown Edmonton, you'd only realistically secure one of these, provided the right space is available for an urbanHome Hardware store. Apple likely to choose Kingsway over downtown, Uniqlo seeks "A-malls", Simons lacks funds, Ikea has other market priorities.

https://twitter.com/RetailInsider_/s...04526177460225

With Zenari's vacating Manulife Place and Holt Renfrew exiting in early 2020, there may be room, but will there be the shoppers?

Very interesting responses to Ian`s poll by Retail Insider.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Posting Power

barbeque - Bay/online
    furniture - bay, others
    small appliances - bay

Really digging the "Bay" eh Dano?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Plus a new one coming KK, like it or lump it, grouch. Nothing to do with Trump though. lol.
    Yeah, because if people downtown have to go more than 3-4 blocks, per IanO, they'll simply starve to death.

Also, nothing is set in stone about a new grocery downtown. It's about as confirmed as the theatres are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post

barbeque - Bay/online
    furniture - bay, others
    small appliances - bay

More often than not, people simply cannot wait to order something online - they want it now.
    Plus, there`s the possibility of the hardware store offering advantages that your average HBC or dollar store won`t have.
    None of that makes it viable downtown. For the few people that want their once or twice a year goes 'now' that don't drive, they aren't going to keep a hardware store open. They can Uber, treasure transit or maybe a bike!

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post

barbeque - Bay/online
    furniture - bay, others
    small appliances - bay

Really digging the "Bay" eh Dano?
    There is alot of stuff there, it's like a department store with a bunch of departments.
    Magically, somehow, everything is also on sale even when there is no sale sign. The bay is great!

Also, nothing is set in stone about a new grocery downtown. It's about as confirmed as the theatres are.
    Actually.
    www.decl.org

https://twitter.com/RetailInsider_/s...04211877330944

Our guess is for downtown Edmonton, you'd only realistically secure one of these, provided the right space is available for an urbanHome Hardware store. Apple likely to choose Kingsway over downtown, Uniqlo seeks "A-malls", Simons lacks funds, Ikea has other market priorities.

https://twitter.com/RetailInsider_/s...04526177460225

With Zenari's vacating Manulife Place and Holt Renfrew exiting in early 2020, there may be room, but will there be the shoppers?

Very interesting responses to Ian`s poll by Retail Insider.
    I suppose it depends on if that insider is on the inside or not, now doesn't it.
    www.decl.org

Actually.
    And if it is confirmed, it'll make a great addition to the "entertainment" district.

"What do you want to do tonight? Go to the casino, check out the Rexall Drugs or maybe go grocery shopping?"

"What about watching a show in the plaza?"

"Sorry, can't do that. OEG is still holding it hostage for city funding"

Actually.
    And if it is confirmed, it'll make a great addition to the "entertainment" district.

"What do you want to do tonight? Go to the casino, check out the Rexall Drugs or maybe go grocery shopping?"

How can you walk around with that giant chip on your shoulder?
    Give it a rest already.

He moved here from Las Vegas, it’s a pretty tough act to follow.

OEB busy as ever and a wonderful addition to our Downtown.

https://twitter.com/IanOyeg/status/1081638249347506176
    @ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    He moved here from Las Vegas, it’s a pretty tough act to follow.
    No drum, it really isn't.. LOL!

C2E SME

^^now I just would like to see the space next door in the podium filled.

Uhm....

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    Zenari's is taking the remaining corner of Enbridge Centre. This will make a really nice trio of businesses on that corner.

Actually.

Just stop...really. You've got issues man.

From yesterday's Globe & Mail - Edmonton is one of their top 10 picks for where to travel in 2019:

Make this the year you don’t simply think “cold” when someone mentions Edmonton. In March, the country’s third luxury JW Marriott property is set to open. Use it as a base to explore the developing Ice District and the growing Arts District, home to the newly opened Royal Alberta Museum (the largest in Western Canada). Refuel at some of the country’s hottest restaurants, including Bundok (an enRoute Top 10 pick) and Kanu, a high-end vegan spot. And starting in May, stroll through the 4.8-hectare Aga Khan Garden, just 15 minutes out of the city.
    Other entries in their top 10:
    • Belize
    • Quito
    • Normandy, France
    • Havana
    • Chile
    • Japan
    • Berlin
    • England
    • Grand Canyon

Amore Pasta was supposed to open today, but the opening has been postponed until further notice due to mechanical issues.

Amore is supposed to open at the end of this month, or so I've heard.

Amber Cafe opened a couple of weeks ago in the old Gas Pump space

Sequel Cafe has closed for now. They're looking for another opportunity Downtown.
    www.decl.org

Just met with these folks. Gonna be something good (Characters Dining space)

Reference ID: Job No 301725196-001
    Description: To Change the Use from a Restaurant to a Bar & Neighborhood Pub and Brewery, Winery and Distillery (516m2 of Public Space combined) with an existing Outdoor Patio (approx 106m2 of Public Space)
    Plan NB1 Blk 4 Lots 149-152
    Applicant: GROUP2 ARCHITECTURE INTERIOR DESIGN LTD
    Create Date: 1/3/2019 2:12:35 PM
    Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

I'm very concerned about my beer consumption once that place opens up.

^Ha, me too.

I don't know if it was mentioned, but Goodlife Fitness is confirmed for Commerce Place.
    www.decl.org

Sequel Cafe has closed for now. They're looking for another opportunity Downtown.
    One of my all-time favourites.... thankfully:

'The Sequel Cafe has shuttered, but has announced that they plan to reopen in the core in the future.'
    www.decl.org

Description: To Change the Use from a Restaurant to a Bar & Neighborhood Pub and Brewery, Winery and Distillery (516m2 of Public Space combined) with an existing Outdoor Patio (approx 106m2 of Public Space)
    Great group behind this. I too worry about consumption and waistline, but it will be a fantastic addition to the core.
    www.decl.org

I don't know if it was mentioned, but Goodlife Fitness is confirmed for Commerce Place.
    Yes, there are now Goodlife Fitness signs on both floors of the Commerce Place podium where KPMG used to be.
    Speaking of Commerce Place, what exactly is going on next to Sweet Lollapalooza? There's been construction for months now.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Yes the GoodLife expansion in Commerce is great and will help being more people to the area outside of office hours.

^Any idea how big of a space the new Goodlife will be? Relative to the Brewery District location?

You lift bro?
    www.decl.org

First One is Always Free

Any news/rumblings of LA Fitness opening a location downtown? They are well situated in the suburbs but a central location would be ideal.

Great group behind this. I too worry about consumption and waistline, but it will be a fantastic addition to the core.
    Bearhill Brewing (Albeerta Provision), which also owns Jasper Brewing, Banff Ave Brewing, Wood Buffalo Brewing and Last Best Brewing (Calgary).

http://albeerta.com/
    Last edited by GreenSPACE; 09-01-2019 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    www.decl.org

Three Amigos on Jasper has closed and is for sale.
    www.decl.org

^ that's a shame. I only went to eat there once and it was delicious. Very long wait for the food though.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

I enjoyed it as well.

---

Bianco coming soon to RHW.

https://www.biancoeats.com
    www.decl.org

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

You lift bro?
    "bro"? LMFAO.

If you knew Eric, you would know
    www.decl.org

Speaking of Commerce Place, what exactly is going on next to Sweet Lollapalooza? There's been construction for months now.
    A security guard told me a boutique is opening next to Sweet Lollapalooza.
    The name escapes me but it is local.
    Expect more info next month.

If you knew Eric, you would know
    Ah, LOL.

Not sure if this was posted; Nello's is opening a location downtown.

https://edmontonjournal.com/life/foo...box=1547088396

Not Downtown, but wonderful to hear.
    www.decl.org

Most of the city would consider Oliver or Grandin part of the downtown area 11520 100 Ave. Sure, its not the formal neighbourhood actually called Downtown, but the informal and general meaning of downtown. Even the Journal is calling it a downtown location

"Nello's Downtown opening in former home of Il Pasticcio"

How about we report more accurately?

www.edmonton.ca
    www.decl.org

Most of the city would consider Oliver or Grandin part of the downtown area 11520 100 Ave. Sure, its not the formal neighbourhood actually called Downtown, but the informal and general meaning of downtown. Even the Journal is calling it a downtown location

"Nello's Downtown opening in former home of Il Pasticcio"
    Its not downtown period. Some of us who "live downtown" call that area east of 109th "uptown" or the Westend.

okay, so the 1% of the population of this city calls it that, the rest of us consider it downtown, including the media.

uptown is really just another word for downtown.

Downtown = the neighbourhood proper

downtown = a term used lightly to describe the central parts of the city

Oliver is hardly the "westend"... maybe the westend of downtown... oh look we now agree.
    Last edited by Medwards; 10-01-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Westend is Jasper Place and beyond to most folks.

Medwards is correct

Carry on...
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 10-01-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

One thing I was wondering about regarding retail spaces in the downtown area are the size of the CRUs.

There seems to be a fair amount of available street level retail spaces empty right now and they seem fairly large to me which must be challenging for businesses wanting to start up when you are paying per square foot.

It seems when I've visited other cities that they offer so many smaller spaces that house restaurants and various types of retail outlets.

I'd love to see our downtown streets filled with some new businesses but I just wonder if the size of the CRUs and the subsequent costs (lease/taxes) is too prohibitive?

I am not a business person, so my perception may not be worth much.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Boy View Post

I've eaten at the St. Albert location and it's a fantastic restaurant.

Little d downtown businesses usually get discussed here. Admin, could you change the thread title to Downtown and Area Retail , or Greater downtown Retail, as that's what most people here use it for? That way big D Downtown proponents won't think they're titles being usurped by us lowly little d downtown residents

On the Skyscraperpage forum's Greater Downtowndiscussion thread , user UE postulated the following definition of our Greater downtown area:
    Quote Originally Posted by UE at Skycraperpage.com
    Edmonton's downtown official boundaries are 109 St to the west (some definitions include 111 St to the west, north of Jasper, basically Railtown), 105 Ave to the north, 97 St to the east, and 97 Ave/Alberta Legislature Grounds to the south. Almost always, Oliver, the high density neighbourhood due west of downtown is considered "downtown", and so usually is the Quarters, just east. More broadly, downtown also often includes Rossdale in the river valley plain, and up to 107 Ave to the north, and sometimes McCauley to the northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Boy View Post

I'm glad to see the owner is honouring his father by reopening the Il Pasticcio space and renaming it after him. It will good to have an Italian restaurant again in Oliver / west little d downtown

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Little d downtown businesses usually get discussed here. Admin, could you change the thread title to Downtown and Area Retail , or Greater downtown Retail, as that's what most people here use it for? That way big D Downtown proponents won't think they're titles being usurped by us lowly little d downtown residents
    I think this is a good idea; we don't have an "Oliver Retail Thread", and I don't think we need one, as we discuss those topics here without controversy (usually). A simple title change for the thread would hopefully allow this very tired nomenclature debate to recede a bit.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

How about we report more accurately?
    how about all of us be more concerned with results and success that technical accuracy?

perhaps instead of bickering about totally artificialboundaries for downtown, edmonton could be the first canadian city to adapt the european expression of centro for our central core?

centro would include not just the “official”downtown but the adjacent communities of oliver, river valley/victoria, rossdale,riverdale, the quarters, boyle street, mccauley, central mcdougal and queenmary park.

as for the current terminology,
    does anyone really care that the courthouse is officially downtown and the army and navy building isn’t or that nello’s won’t technically be downtown either?

we could incorporate the well recognized logo for centro districts (see below) in new edmonton entrance signs as well as in our directional signage within the city. everyone from the 124th street art walk to the new museum to the edmonton conventioncentre (yes, the edmonton convention centre – about time!!!) could incorporate it in their marketing material etc.j

just think, instead of constant bickering about what's in and what isn't we could have all of central edmonton consider itself to be a single destination district to live in or work in or visit. we could also then stop bickering inside downtown as well as to whether something is part of the warehouse district or jasper avenue or 104th street or the ice district or the financial district or government centre…

of course that’s not really the edmonton way – we do after all tend to eat both our young and our successful instead of encouraging and promoting them – but maybe it would be a simple easy way for us to start to move past that. maybe if we really want to move towards being world class we could adopt some world wide world class precedents that would be also be readily apparent for anyone visiting from the rest of the world as well.
    [IMG]
    Italian traffic signs - centro città
    Rupertsciamenna [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], from Wikimedia Commons[/IMG]
    Last edited by kcantor; 10-01-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    One thing I was wondering about regarding retail spaces in the downtown area are the size of the CRUs.

There seems to be a fair amount of available street level retail spaces empty right now and they seem fairly large to me which must be challenging for businesses wanting to start up when you are paying per square foot.

It seems when I've visited other cities that they offer so many smaller spaces that house restaurants and various types of retail outlets.

I'd love to see our downtown streets filled with some new businesses but I just wonder if the size of the CRUs and the subsequent costs (lease/taxes) is too prohibitive?

I am not a business person, so my perception may not be worth much.
    You are bang on. We need a greater variety of spaces, rates, heights, frontages.
    www.decl.org

Point being, Downtown is a specific community and has a boundary.
    www.decl.org

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

which is entirely missing the point as accurate as it is.

How about just change the thread title to "Downtown" Retail. That way everyone can supply their own meaning of "Downtown" and everyone will be right!

Have to open an "Oliver retail" thread...

Found the last post from 8 years ago... http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...430#post916430
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 10-01-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    there is one. and the number of visits it gets is reflective of how it - like downtown - is accurate but not particularly useful or productive, particularly to anyone outside of oliver.

we could also have a quarters retail thread, a boyle street retail thread and a mccauley retail thread and a central mcdougal retail thread and a queen mary park retail thread... and to anyone outside those communities - and many within - that fragmentation would provide nothing of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Good idea. Build a wall around it to keep those Oliverites in and away from us downtown types.

Would people in and around the University/Garneau report a restaurant opening as Old Strathcona or one in Riverbend as one in Windermere? I recognize that Downtown and downtown is somewhat unique in this case, but why not use the actual neighbourhood it is in?
    www.decl.org

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Would people in and around the University/Garneau report a restaurant opening as Old Strathcona or one in Riverbend as one in Windermere? I recognize that Downtown and downtown is somewhat unique in this case, but why not use the actual neighbourhood it is in?
    because (a) the actual neighborhood it is in is immaterial and (b) nobody i know knows every one of edmonton's 399 individually named neighborhoods, never mind where they are and where their boundaries start and stop, and i don't believe most of them care either.

Some people refer to Castledowns as anything north of the yellowhead.

Some people call the entire SW Terwillegar

Anything east of 91st and South of Whitemud gets labelled Mill Woods

Clareview is the catch-all name for the entire area east of 50st and north of 137th avenue.

The only person this matters to really is IanO. Maybe its time to retire from this site?

What about the fact that the DBA boundary does not match your definition of "Downtown"? Should not the Downtown Business Association rename themselves in the name of clarity?

Do what you wish folks, but some of us would celebrate another great offering in the wonderful community of Oliver, just west of our community of Downtown.
    www.decl.org

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Do what you wish folks, but some of us would celebrate another great offering in the wonderful community of Oliver, just west of our community of Downtown.
    IanO, implying that people who don't agree with you on something tangential wouldn't also celebrate another great offering "in the wonderful community of oliver, just west of our community of downtown" is both presumptuous and insulting, even if unintentional.

Regardless Ian, most people will refer to this as downtown.

I saw neither implication nor felt insulted.

Sorry if this is "downtown" instead of "Downtown" but did BRU in the Pearl tower close for good due to a lease termination?

^That's too bad, was a great offering for that area.
    www.decl.org

If I were on council I would bring up a plan to change the name of the community ‘Downtown’to ‘Central’ or another name. Then downtown Edmonton could be the whole downtown of the city and not just part of it. What people envision as downtown Edmonton would then be true to the word. No border, just the main stay of town.

Build a wall! And get Oliver to pay for it!

C2E SME

Sorry if this is "downtown" instead of "Downtown" but did BRU in the Pearl tower close for good due to a lease termination?
    Yes, it did. 270k owing, apparently. I never did manage to make my way over there, but heard good things.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

That's a lot of rent!

I went once on a cold day; it was freezing inside, they were badly understaffed, and our food order took forever to appear. I assumed I caught them on a bad day but nothing about the experience made me eager to return, unfortunately.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Thank you, Admin, for renaming this thread the Greater Downtown Retail thread

GoodLife Fitness in Commerce Place is supposed to open in late spring or early summer.

Amore is supposed to open at the end of this month, or so I've heard.
    They are now scheduled to open on Jan 14.

Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111 LastLast