Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 1,001 to 1,095 of 1095

Thread: Signature Condominiums | Residential (3 Towers) | 16, 13, 9 Storeys | Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Those are pretty significant changes that should normally get approval from the purchasers. I know the new construction condos I've dealt with discuss what happens if a certain material is on back order or no longer available. There shouldn't be any major surprises.

Did something happen to your condo?

On a side note is anyone aware of what the condo docs mention for blinds at signature? The styles are all over the place from one floor to another. It looks like crap seeing the many different styles in all the windows. Normally they direct a specific style and colour.
    Ya, just had my walk though and the color hardwood they have in their show home swatch is different as it was not available now to order.

I heard somebody else in the unit they forgot to install a linen closet as well.

If the builder does not fix enough deficiencies, is it possible as a buyer to not accept the condition that the unit and not sign the papers until major deficiencies such as replacing all the hardwood flooring is completed?

What did they say they would do about the hardwood mix up? Did they confirm it as a deficiency or did they say that's what it will be? When you say it's different then the show home swath are you referring to their color boards they used to sell you a spec or did you think you were getting the same flooring as the show home?

Lots of times people assume what's put in the show home is included or will be exact but that's not always the case. I suppose the attention is in the details.. Refer to your contract as it should specify what happens if materials aren't available anymore.

Took this earlier today.. Distance probably 6km away. Too bad other than that potential 3rd tower there won't be much more height from other developments. Would have been impressive to have a mini skyline out here

Did anyone make it to their pre sale launch for the tower? Heard a few reports of sales but kind of doubt what I heard.

Administrator *

Quote Originally Posted by B.ike View Post
    Took this earlier today.. Distance probably 6km away. Too bad other than that potential 3rd tower there won't be much more height from other developments. Would have been impressive to have a mini skyline out here
    There's always the other High Density lot across from Second Cup. And the hotel lot beside Canadian Tire might be tall as well.

C2E Continued Contributor

Did anyone make it to their pre sale launch for the tower? Heard a few reports of sales but kind of doubt what I heard.
    When I went for my walk through in the west tower, they told me they had reserved 60 units for the third tower.

60? Wowser. So they had a more successful launch than lamb's project with next to no advertising? That should put them close enough to start construction then.

C2E Long Term Contributor

60 reserved might mean 20-30 that stick... still good, but don't be fooled.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I'd rather C2E than work!

Why anyone would live out there boggles my mind. There is bugger all there but a freeway and strip mall.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Why anyone would live out there boggles my mind. There is bugger all there but a freeway and strip mall.
    why would anyone live anywhere in Edmonton for that matter? 90% of Edmonton is 'strip malls and freeways' at least according to your definition.

I live out here to be close to my place of employment. To be close to the river valley. To be on a good/quick transit service to downtown. To be near a freeway that easily gets me to the airport and the greater Edmonton region, where my friends and family are in all parts.

Why do you choose to live where you live? It doesn't boggle my mind, because there's lots of rational reasons for people to live where they do, expand your horizons and think beyond what your desires are.

60 reserved is still better then lambs numbers from opening day. That is of course if it's true. I didn't expect them to have any good numbers for signature. From an investment perspective why would one speculate on an investment in Windermere vs their encore project downtown near the arena.

Interesting to see so many investors willing to invest in presales right now.
    Last edited by gwill211; 04-10-2015 at 02:55 PM.

^ actually lamb did better than that I believe
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Can anyone comment on the quality of the signature compared to their previous projects?

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoForMayor View Post
    ^ actually lamb did better than that I believe
    Yeah i went back to check lambs project. A few days after launch someone posted they had 92 reserved/sold. If westrich took 60 on opening day that is still very impressive. Considering they did next to no marketing, they didn't do a huge push leading up to their launch and they are in the suburbs makes it more impressive then lamb IMO. I still find it odd that so many chose the suburbs for an investment vs whats going to be launching downtown in the next few weeks. My guess, there's probably a big investors group that got into this project. Overall the sales launch for condos in the suburbs typically aren't doing that well unless they are catering to the cheapest of the market.

Would be great to hear the numbers from anyone else though as no one really knows for sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by barhonda View Post
    Can anyone comment on the quality of the signature compared to their previous projects?
    You can scroll back over the last 2 pages and see comments from existing owners in signature. Also a poster named Dean mentioned some pretty serious comments on windermere waters from when he lived there if you look for them.

so far so good - been here for 60 days - seems like they are getting to all the issues - the pierre guy is a character

Administrator *

New render of tower 3:

Signature Tower 3 by Chris Vazquez, on Flickr

The visitor parking is already full every day. I can't imagine what it will be like when this finishes.

Meh, there's the big box store parking lot just across the street.
    Of course, everyone will circle the block 3 times in hopes of a closer spot.

A quick search on MLS seems to show 4 or 5 units up for sale that face directly/almost directly into this tower.
    Last edited by B.ike; 22-10-2015 at 10:14 PM.

As was the case in my old condo, I'm sure the residents are occupying those spaces until the condo board is formed. At that point, they'll start towing people.

Parking will be horrible when it's all finished. Wouldn't surprise me if Safeway starts to monitor their lot a bit closer to prevent over flow from using their property.

Is the board not created yet for signature?

Parking will be horrible when it's all finished. Wouldn't surprise me if Safeway starts to monitor their lot a bit closer to prevent over flow from using their property.

The call for nominations was sent out. The board will be setup in November.

Although they are applying the principle of no more than three colors, the way they are distributing the colours, it is all over the place and look too busy. This is so dustuptive to the flow.

we are finally back to square one on this thread!!! This is the main reason gwill211 is against developments like this in ambleside. Sorry bud - this is the way the city approved this neighbourhood far and long before westrich got involved. It's good to see a good mixed for residential developments in a neighbourhood.
    Parking is a non-concern. You don't own the street.

FWIW - Safeway has been allowing westrich contractors to park in their parking lots for months now, but I doubt residents will, they have underground parking!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post
    The visitor parking is already full every day. I can't imagine what it will be like when this finishes.
    If Visitor parking is full - they can park on the public street where allowed.

Parkings always an issue in every condo but it will be especially bad with this project. If Safeway ever does limit their parking lot the parking will become a disaster in the community more then it already is.

And for the record parking wasn't my issue with the project. It was Westrich not being a good neighbour during construction. Things like workers working between midnight and 6 am constantly, a major gas leak, general safety of the roads, huge semi trucks driving down winding roads that couldn't support them and so much more. It got a bit better as the the construction progressed and the city started clamping down but we'll be back to square one when the new building starts.

Sure parking will overflow on to the public streets, but that's what these 'public' roads were designed for. Big deal. No one has a right to a parking stall in front of their house anyways.
    Last edited by ChrisD; 25-10-2015 at 12:32 PM.

You guys keep bringing up parking on the street when those of us who live in the area have only made generalized statements on how bad parking currently is and will get down the road. Big deal?Not really unless you live in the building or the immediate area....

Big deal gwill, you can copy and paste your nimby comment into any other residential project in the city. We've heard it a thousand times.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

You must have missed the part where an owner in signature made the comment on parking....

I've heard that a thousand times.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

It is no longer a hick town, but a major city. What would you expect gwill? In NY, you see three rows of parallel parking on the street, and no one complains.

Parkings always an issue in every condo but it will be especially bad with this project. If Safeway ever does limit their parking lot the parking will become a disaster in the community more then it already is.

{....}
    If safeway started to enforce a parking time limit in their parking lot, wouldn't that mean that the CoE would actually have to hire more bylaw officers to travel down to the southwest to put tickets on those vehicles?

Parking issues in Edmonton is a joke. They seriously need to look to a certain city to the south to see how it should be done. Create a parking authority who's sole job is to enforce parking. Not only time limits in neighbourhoods that require permits to park there but also along arterial roads (stony plain road for example) where after a certain time they become tow away zones....be a good source of income for the city if they actually put in some effort....

....AND BACK TO THE SIGNATURE TOWERS....

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GranaryMan
    If safeway started to enforce a parking time limit in their parking lot, wouldn't that mean that the CoE would actually have to hire more bylaw officers to travel down to the southwest to put tickets on those vehicles?
    Why would city bylaw officers be patrolling private parking lots? Safeway or their property owner would likely hire Impark, Diamond, or some other private parking lot operator to patrol and enforce parking limits. The City would have nothing to do with it.

^Exactly, and its the private operators that actually get your vehicle towed to the impound lot which is where the owner will be hit with a ticket and an impoundment fee, $$$$. City bylaw mostly issues a ticket and rarely sends a vehicle to the impound.

Quote Originally Posted by GranaryMan View Post

{....}

Parking issues in Edmonton is a joke. They seriously need to look to a certain city to the south to see how it should be done. Create a parking authority who's sole job is to enforce parking. Not only time limits in neighbourhoods that require permits to park there but also along arterial roads (stony plain road for example) where after a certain time they become tow away zones....be a good source of income for the city if they actually put in some effort....

There's no need to look to your favorite city in the entire world. Edmonton already has a parking enforcement team. Bylaw officers, and they regularly go all over the city, but especially to areas where they get complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Sure parking will overflow on to the public streets, but that's what these 'public' roads were designed for. Big deal. No one has a right to a parking stall in front of their house anyways.
    Tell that to my old neighbour who threatened to beat the crap out of me one night for taking his "spot". If he had come over and asked nicely I would have moved my car but since he was being a dick, I didn't move my car.

Some people!

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GranaryMan View Post

{....}

There's no need to look to your favorite city in the entire world. Edmonton already has a parking enforcement team. Bylaw officers, and they regularly go all over the city, but especially to areas where they get complaints.

No, Edmontons bylaw officers are busy being split between general bylaw enforcement and parking enforcement. Edmonton should look long and hard at Calgary and take note of their parking authority that frees up bylaw to enforce general bylaws and perhaps try and mimic it, especially with the new digital parking meters.

Funny - why does the CoE have specific job titles called "Parking Enforcement Officer" and "Senior Parking Enforcement Officer" and "Bylaw Officer" then KIA?

I saw on a few post that hardwood floor colors were different then what was shown for color packages. My unit was suppose to be a eclipse grey hardwood but it is more like a dark brown.

Did anyone else have this issue? If so what was the reason and were they able to fix?

How did Westrich tell you they would deal with it? What does their contract say regarding items that are on back order or not available?

Does anyone knows if heat is included in Condo Fee? If not how much will it cost to use those heat pumps on average??

Quote Originally Posted by SigCondoOwner View Post
    Does anyone knows if heat is included in Condo Fee? If not how much will it cost to use those heat pumps on average??
    The condo fee covers gas but not electricity. I don't know if the heat pumps are powered by gas or electricity...

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SigCondoOwner View Post
    The condo fee covers gas but not electricity. I don't know if the heat pumps are powered by gas or electricity...
    Both, sorta. But most of the cost of heat is gas (a central boiler plant is used to warm the heat pump water loop), which is part of your condo fees. However a heat pump will use more electricity than a comparably sized hot water fan coil, because of how it functions.

"This picture is from a current listing as I wasn't able to take a picture with the realtor there."
    I looked at a unit with a friend and when we came to the underground parkade I was shocked at the condition because it looks like they didn't seal it which means there could be potential issues in the years to come.

Is it a suspended slab or not? If not, you do not need to seal... Although nice to have for cleaning.
    www.decl.org

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I would think that tarping storage cages is a no no, if the fire inspectors come around. The tarps can act as a barrier for fire suppression spray, and is unlikely the system was designed with them in mind. But I could be wrong. Permanent walls or structures would definitely be a problem.

^Very much against the rules, very much done everywhere anyways.

Yeah it is done everywhere. Only an ***** doesn't tarp their storage cage that's wide open. That's like leaving your cage open with no lock on it. I didn't know it's a fire issue though... Any of the fire inspections done on my condos have never raised this issue from them.

Cages MUST be open and unimpeded.
    www.decl.org

Makes sense but it's never been brought up. I've got a fire inspection coming up on one place next week. I doubt they'll mention this at all.

Heard from someone that west rich is trying to rent out some of their units at signature instead of sell them. Anyone else hear this?

Very common. Happened ^in my building, no big deal.
    www.decl.org

Indeed it is very common.

pretty sure Fox has couple units up for rental a well by Langham

Not a huge deal but if it is happening is it an investor group they are renting out units for or just unsold units? Would make a difference IMO.

I've also ran into an issue with a developer for one of my properties where they controlled our board for many years longer then they should have from unsold units. They out right refused many requests by our board and pushed us around. Unsold units they rent out vs investor units they rent out present different issues.

Anyways just a curious question that came up in conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Very common. Happened ^in my building, no big deal.
    Until they control the board as mentioned by gwill211.

Yes, abuse can occur, but is less likely than more in most cases.
    www.decl.org

Looks like they updated their site. Also, floor plans are up:

http://www.sigtower.com/
    http://www.sigtower.com/floor-plans/
    http://www.sigtower.com/wp-content/u.../09/fp_a4b.png

Also:

• Contemporary architecture with floor to ceiling window wall and acrylic stucco
    • Windermere’s tallest building with a 16 storey concrete structure
    • Grand two storey lobby with fireplace
    • Exclusive fitness area with floor to ceiling windows
    • Secured underground heated parking
    • Gas line for BBQ on all balconies
    • ..... http://www.sigtower.com/finishes-features/

http://www.sigtower.com/wp-content/u...g_tower_01.jpg

There's no mention of the concierge anymore.. has that been removed from the amenities for the building? If so that didn't take long.

Where are all the owners for this building? Is westrich actually renting out many units here? It would be pretty important info for anyone buying into the third building... whenever it launches.

There's no mention of the concierge anymore.. has that been removed from the amenities for the building? If so that didn't take long.

Where are all the owners for this building? Is westrich actually renting out many units here? It would be pretty important info for anyone buying into the third building... whenever it launches.
    Westrich had planned for the new tower to share amenities (concierge, gym) with the existing building. The owners of the existing building voted that down, so the new tower will not share amenities. They'll have a separate gym but no concierge.

Interesting. I don't understand how a condo can provide services for some owners but ignore the others? It's no different then a 3 building condo community having a gym in one building and a games room in the other. Ultimately being one condo board all owners typically have access to the same amenities and services regardless of the building its in.

So the tower will be subsidizing the concierge in the first 2 buildings? That won't go over well with many.

What's next the owners will refuse to pay for any repairs for the tower if any happen?
    Last edited by gwill211; 27-01-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Interesting. I don't understand how a condo can provide services for some owners but ignore the others? It's no different then a 3 building condo community having a gym in one building and a games room in the other. Ultimately being one condo board all owners typically have access to the same amenities and services regardless of the building its in.

So the tower will be subsidizing the concierge in the first 2 buildings? That won't go over well with many.

What's next the owners will refuse to pay for any repairs for the tower if any happen?
    Isn't the new tower a separate condo corporation?

Its a phased project so they are most likely attached. Especially If the current board is voting on how to handle the third tower. I know when condo boards are created you get a lot of owners who are new and not sure how they work but why would they be voting on what amenities and services the third tower will have access to and why would westrich go along with the vote done by owners? Their bylaws should already define common amenities.

If we restricted the amenities in the condos i own to just the buildings they are in there would be a huge uproar. Being that the owners all pay condo fees they all have a right to use them.

Its a phased project so they are most likely attached. Especially If the current board is voting on how to handle the third tower. I know when condo boards are created you get a lot of owners who are new and not sure how they work but why would they be voting on what amenities and services the third tower will have access to and why would westrich go along with the vote done by owners? Their bylaws should already define common amenities.

If we restricted the amenities in the condos i own to just the buildings they are in there would be a huge uproar. Being that the owners all pay condo fees they all have a right to use them.
    I understand the phased development aspect. I more thought the current owners would let the new building's owners use facilities in their building. But I guess it is all one condominium corporation then.

I don't see the issue with the tower using the amenities... its very normal for multiple buildings to use 1 gym. The board cant create a rule and stop owners from getting access to it if its specified in the bylaws... and it most likely is.

Its even weirder that west rich is okay with it... ultimately the gym that's now going in the tower could have been a different amenity that all owners could use.

I don't see the issue with the tower using the amenities... its very normal for multiple buildings to use 1 gym. The board cant create a rule and stop owners from getting access to it if its specified in the bylaws... and it most likely is.

Its even weirder that west rich is okay with it... ultimately the gym that's now going in the tower could have been a different amenity that all owners could use.
    Everything westrich seems to do is outside the norm and not for the better.

Development permit is approved for new tower. Appeal period of residents set from August 9 to August 23rd. 125 dwelling apartment houses. 2 variances granted.

^Any idea what the variances were for? I assume a reduction in visitor parking as that was one of the major items that seemed to be at the forefront.

This is what it says:

Discretionary use - apartment housing is approved as discretionary use(section 230.3.1)

Increased floor area ratio : the proposed floor area ratio is 3.1 instead of 3.0 (section 230.4.3)

C2E Bandwidth Hog

http://globalnews.ca/news/2909447/ed...-5-5m-lawsuit/

A condo corporation has filed a $5.5-million lawsuit against Westrich Pacific Corporation, alleging the developer failed to fix issues at its two-building development in southwest Edmonton.

Westrich completed construction on Windermere Waters in December 2012. The lawsuit alleges deficient design in the development’s roofing, balconies and parkade, among other issues itemized in documents filed with the court on July 18.

The lawsuit also alleges negligence in the roof’s design, construction and installation, and leaking balconies and parkade.

The lawsuit names 14 defendants, including the developer and several of its directors.

The lawsuit seeks $1.5 million for the roof, $1.75 million for the parkade and $900,000 for the balconies.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Think you mean this project instead. Signature is different.

SDM - This isn't Windermere Waters.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Maybe if one of you guys had bothered posting it in the correct thread for me as I requested yesterday.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Maybe if one of you guys had bothered posting it in the correct thread for me as I requested yesterday.
    No need to be snotty. I just saw it posted here today.

Mine

They are finally clearing all the junk out of the hole. Not sure if that means they will be starting tower three anytime soon...

2018 is what I've heard for start of third tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    2018 is what I've heard for start of third tower.
    Just got an e-mail that construction will start Monday, with the crane up by mid-December.

Maybe 2018 was the completion... my sources are just people who heard something from someone else... so who knows what got translated incorrectly in the telephone game.

Who is the GC? They still going external moving forward?

Administrator *

Just called their sales office and they said they're expecting construction to start January. So kind of odd that they would have different information than the email.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvazquez7 View Post
    Just called their sales office and they said they're expecting construction to start January. So kind of odd that they would have different information than the email.
    Interesting, the e-mail was sent today from Westrich to owners in the existing towers.

odd for anyone else but westrich

Work has begun...

Mine

This thread title needs to be updated.
    Last edited by TheGreatestX; 30-11-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Shouldn't you be happy gwill211? You were the biggest whiner regarding that pit. Anyways, a January start date commenced one month earlier than scheduled is pretty much on par with timeline so not weird or unique to any developer.

Site prep now, construction in January.Only person who finds this odd is the person who seems to have the hugest axe to grind with westrich.

Very evidently and clearly the case Med!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I think by a January start date, that was meant to refer to structure. We're on site doing sanitary/storm piping that's easier to get done now while the pit is still open. Good timing too, looking at next week's forecast.

signature sent out a new e-blast for pricing on the new tower. The prices seem pretty good but i havent paid attention much to many highrises so maybe others can compare them.

A few examples- 1002 sq feet 12th floor facing nw for $342k
    1040 square feet, 12th floor, facing north for $346k
    860 square feet 12th floor facing east for $330k
    870 square feet, 12th floor facing se for $330k

As for the few comments i didnt see until now. Ive owned my house in ambleside before the walmart or anything in the area was built. Ive had to deal with tons of construction but only ever had an issue with westrich.

From a construction perspective they have been horrible neighbors. Ive had to personally step into their site office to get serious safety concerns dealt with. Had to deal with their gas line blow up, semis driving over barricades and down streets they dont fit on, closures of roadways they werent allowed to and numerous other issues like construction at 2-4 am.

Ive had the joy of watching ambmeside build up over the years and have had to deal with tons of construction that has never been an issue. Unfortunately when it comes to westrich they didnt seem to care about how they were negatively affecting the neighborhood.

I

HVAC equipment has been covered up

Mine

^Ultima had theirs put on as well and it seems to be the same material.

why did they create a new website for the third tower? Doesnt make much sense from a marketing perspective.

HVAC equipment has been covered up

Mine
    THANK GOD!!! I hated how it stuck out.

Does that really look much better though? It looks like someone stuck one of those dumpster enclosures on top of the building.

^I disagree. It provides a screen that is compatible with the building (matches the colour of the roof trim).

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011