Thread: Edmonton City Museum, anyone?

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Edmonton City Museum, anyone?

http://www.edmonton.ca/city_governme...-strategy.aspx

The Edmonton Heritage Council (EHC) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the support and promotion of heritage in Edmonton and its surrounding region. Working with the City of Edmonton, EHC is currently exploring the possibility of establishing an Edmonton City Museum – one that tells the many stories of the city, and encourages visitors and residents alike to engage with its evolving history.
    Survey
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AnEdmontonCityMuseum

Warning: the survey has a bug: the 1st part of the survey has two "Somewhat Agree" choices, the first one probably should be "Somewhat Disagree"
    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 16-06-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I would bet that someone is thinking the current provincial museum site would be a suitable location.

Nothing wrong with being opportunistic.

Ilove the idea of moving the artifact centre to the old Museum when they move out of there. It would be so cool to see all of those items that are now in storage

I love museums but when they stand alone they don't seem to attract great numbers of visitors. Now it they took the current building and used it to host international conferences or something - and had a museum on site - then I'd say it could be quite the attraction.

The current museum is a really cool, unique looking building inside and out. I hope that somehow, it does get due consideration for showcasing Edmonton but most importantly, I hope it is "repurposed" to bring people to Edmonton not just bring Edmontonians out. (While local events have some economic impact, locals spending their money, doesn't generate/import new wealth for the city.)

Great idea!!
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic