Thread: Parents/Family section

Default Parents/Family section

Could we get a section for parents and families to share information, thanks.

What type of information would be shared in this section?
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

I have a list, i have to feed the baby will be back soon with some suggestions, thanks.

I am a new parent and I have noticed there is lack of information for parents out there, well at least for info I am looking for locally. Here are some of the things I have been looking for.

Winter and summer activities to do with the kids
    What to look for in a daycare/dayhome questions to ask
    New mom's group
    Expecting parents
    Child friendly events, restaurants or other entertainment and social settings
    Prenatal yoga
    Mommy and baby yoga
    Best toys and children products out there.
    Just general parenting stuff, discussions etc. There is so much to discuss, it would be nice to connect with parents who have the same interests locally.
    I am sure others can add to my list, I have tried contacting a new mom’s meetup group I never heard back I think they might be inactive and I don’t feel like starting one.
    Last edited by EdmontonSE; 11-02-2011 at 05:33 PM.

That's an interesting idea!
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

never answered e-mail

My wife went to a new mom's group through Woodcroft's community league, and developed some great, lasting relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by glasshead View Post
    My wife went to a new mom's group through Woodcroft's community league, and developed some great, lasting relationships.
    Thanks Glasshead, i actually contacted 3 groups through meet up and none of the got back to me.
    I also noticed they blocked the link unless you edited. I live in the Southside, i think i might contact Woodcroft to see how they organized their new mom's group and try something similar in my community, thank you.

Try one of the local baby / maternity stores they have all kinds of groups / activities / information. The one I know in particular is Birth Source, newly relocated to 50st and 108 ave (Goldbar)

Quote Originally Posted by JJMorrocco View Post
    Try one of the local baby / maternity stores they have all kinds of groups / activities / information. The one I know in particular is Birth Source, newly relocated to 50st and 108 ave (Goldbar)
    Never thought of that, thanks will check it out.

wish we had a section like this a couple of years ago when our son was born. We lived in oliver and couldn't find anything (especially since we didn't have a car at the time so we weren't as mobile).

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat? View Post
    wish we had a section like this a couple of years ago when our son was born. We lived in oliver and couldn't find anything (especially since we didn't have a car at the time so we weren't as mobile).
    I know what you mean, even with a car it is hard for me to connect with other parents especially in the winter. I have been out to visit some friends but most days it is just the two of us at home during the day until hubby gets home.
    Maybe summer will be different, i am really looking forward to the warm weather.

Legislature grounds are awesome in the summer for little kids. the pools are nice but you have to be pretty carefull with all the rock/concrete, bring band-aids. But the fields all around are great

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat? View Post
    Legislature grounds are awesome in the summer for little kids. the pools are nice but you have to be pretty carefull with all the rock/concrete, bring band-aids. But the fields all around are great
    I am very far from downtown, i would probably give it a try during one of the downtown festivals. Where do people park anyway?

if you go on the weekend, there's plenty of street parking around. Sundays you don't even have to pay for on-street parking.
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    if you go on the weekend, there's plenty of street parking around. Sundays you don't even have to pay for on-street parking.
    Thank you, that is good to know i always avoid Downtown because of parking, i will try it on a Sunday it should be less busy.

If any parents are looking for something to do Saturday morning may I suggest heading over to the Varscona Theatre at 11am for the VIP Show -- a variety show for kids. Puppets, music and some of Edmonton's funniest improv actors make for a fun hour of entertainment. All seats $5. I would say for kids 4-11/12. One of the best family deals in town.