Thread: what's happening at Subway today? (Apr. 23 2010)

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Default what's happening at Subway today? (Apr. 23 2010)

I walked by the Subway at 100 Ave and 107 St and there's a massive lineup out the door. Is there some free giveaway or something?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

grish

have no idea, but tomorrow, the heading of this thread will be misleading.

Maybe for one day only, their sandwiches are slightly better than mediocre?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

I'd rather C2E than work!

free breakfast w/ coffee until 11am today

everybody in my office seems to have gone over there at some point this morning.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Maybe for one day only, their sandwiches are slightly better than mediocre?
    What do you expect for $7 to $9 nowadays? Maybe you are not putting the right combos or enough toppings? Mine are always great although ya the meat is average and the cheese is ok.
    Last edited by AlanW9; 23-04-2010 at 10:41 AM.

yup free breaky... line in commerce was pretty long...

it was ok, really like the taste of bananas peppers on my breakfast sandwich!
    i love lamp

I got a free breakfast first thing (Saw the billboards last night), it was great. Thanks subway.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

What's happening at Subway today? I'll tell you what's happening. I'll never be going there again.

I pull in front of the Subway at 1503 50th street in the Shell strip mall and entered the store. Small SUV on my left so gave them lots of room for doors and nobody parked on my right. About 3 customers ahead of me and one girl working. Ok no biggie, might be a bit, looking like a shift change as the other worker looks like she's leaving with her husband that picked her up. I'm waiting in line and I see the family fussing about at the SUV beside me and I'm keeping an eye. Over the next couple of minutes they get closer to my car to the point the lady is up leaning against it and moving around which now could very well be scratching my car. My god people I gave you tons of room. So I open the Subway door and ask politely if she could please stop leaning (and scratching) my car. Twenty seconds later she aggresively opens up the Subway door with her company shirt on for all to see and starts screaming at me. Are you kidding? This is how you treat your customers? In front of other customers? She leaves and I open the door reminding her I asked her politely and this is the reaction?

I go outside and an argument ensues, the husband gets into it and she jumps into the back of the SUV and quickly opens her door, extending it and misses mine by an inch and then slams it shut. I tell her she's lucky it never made contact or the police would now be involved. I tell them I'm never going to Subway again and will be contacting corporate. I also left a nasty review on their website and reading another review a different Subway store says they have many problems with the particular store.

Mr. Sub, you just inherited some business.

Awesome.

Top_Dawg is sorry you had to endure this Kitlope.

But it is funny.

Would be even funnier if it had escalated to the same point as that Costco parking lot goat rodeo we had a thread on a few months ago.

P.S.

Typical Mill Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post
    Awesome.

Top_Dawg is sorry you had to endure this Kitlope.

But it is funny.

Would be even funnier if it had escalated to the same point as that Costco parking lot goat rodeo we had a thread on a few months ago.

P.S.

Typical Mill Woods.
    Rapid, rabid escalation. Sounds just like an episode of connect2edmonton to me.

The woman was East Indian and she's batsh1t insane. It was indeed escalating quickly so I quickly got out of there before the police needed to be involved as I'm quite sure being the white male I know where the charges would have been laid.

I guess she figures its within her right to lean and scratch my property. I disagree.

Just use your remote fob thingy and set off your alarm.