View Poll Results: What is your opinion on global warming?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's happening and we're to blame

85 50.60%
  • It's happening but it's not man made

20 11.90%
  • It's not even happening, except according to the cycles of nature

46 27.38%
  • Undecided / No opinion

17 10.12%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 1,601 to 1,657 of 1657

Thread: Still Believe in Global Warming?

Quote Originally Posted by hello lady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    And climate change agenda scraped by Trump
    4 years of his hot air will get it going again...
    Or not. Poor Canada will carry the load, for show.(sigh..)
    So, should we assume that both of you (build and hello) believe that Trump will make absolutely zero concessions toward the possibility that climate change (global warming) is possible and some sort of action is needed?

We could possibly add moa and oil to the confirmed sceptics I'd like to see if they believe that Trump will absolutely deny any and all of the global warming science throughout his term.

Me? I'm not so sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he did a flip.
    Last edited by KC; 20-01-2017 at 07:38 PM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    So, should we assume that both of you (build and hello) believe that Trump will make absolutely zero concessions toward the possibility that climate change (global warming) is possible and some sort of action is needed?

We could possibly add moa and oil to the confirmed sceptics I'd like to see if they believe that Trump will absolutely deny any and all of the global warming science throughout his term.

He's taken everything down from the whitehouse website to do with CC.The 45th president that is.

Unfortunately no one, not even Trump, can wish climate change away. It will continue and when all the coastal cities are underwater how foolish Trump and others will look. A climecaust.

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAE View Post
    Unfortunately no one, not even Trump, can wish climate change away. It will continue and when all the coastal cities are underwater how foolish Trump and others will look. A climecaust.
    He (and we) will be loong dead before that matters. Plus he'll blame someone else anyway.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

Like Trudeau does?. Hells bells, he still blames Harper for pretty much everything that goes wrong in his myopic world.. So Trump is not unlike our snowflake

I'd rather C2E than work!

He's taken everything down from the whitehouse website to do with CC.The 45th president that is.
    As would any incoming President. Obama's White House site has been archived to ObamaWhiteHouse.gov and the main site has been cleared so the new administration can put their own material in. Not sure why this is something worth mentioning as it will be the same for every new administration.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Not sure why you had to mention what I posted, we can all see it.

^Someone was showing off their mad photoshop skills:

http://science.time.com/2013/06/06/s...oming-ice-age/

C2E Continued Contributor

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/...r-charges.html

Keep getting sucked in people . With mythical science and outright lies
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium48 View Post

^Someone was showing off their mad photoshop skills:

That maybe photoshoped but Time magazine was pushing the iceage crap in the 70's http://time.com/vault/year/1977/ and dec issue 1979 http://time.com/vault/year/1979/

The 1977 Time story is solely about that winter, it's a weather story not climate story. The 1979 Time story is also not about climate but about the energy crisis.

That facts are in 70's the data was still coming in and while most scientists studying the issue were leaning towards warming some thought there would be cooling. The media was reporting both. Given a few pretty cold winters a few cooling scare stories were published. As more and more data came in it became clear the earth was not cooling and the story was left to die in the 70s with disco.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

A group of Republican elder statesmen is calling for a tax on carbon emissions to fight climate change.
    The group, led by former Secretary of State James A. Baker III, with former Secretary of State George P. Shultz and Henry M. Paulson Jr., a former secretary of the Treasury, says that taxing carbon pollution produced by burning fossil fuels is “a conservative climate solution” based on free-market principles.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/s...-tax.html?_r=0
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
    The 1977 Time story is solely about that winter, it's a weather story not climate story. The 1979 Time story is also not about climate but about the energy crisis.

That facts are in 70's the data was still coming in and while most scientists studying the issue were leaning towards warming some thought there would be cooling. The media was reporting both. Given a few pretty cold winters a few cooling scare stories were published. As more and more data came in it became clear the earth was not cooling and the story was left to die in the 70s with disco.
    Listen I am not even going to argue with you I remember the ice age scare quite well in the 70's from science teachers news and elsewhere so keep your cult belief going because MSM tells you . You will be hearing a lot more about the fraud in months ahead. https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...ice-age-scare/ spare me the BS please free mind here. Climate experts were lying then and now. Amazing how temperatures were dropping for 20 straight years from the 50 70's during the baby boomer years coal burning and industrial era now their charts say we were heating up during then .
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 08-02-2017 at 10:56 AM.

B.S.-High DID YOU REALLY BELIEVE THIS WAS A REAL TIME MAGAZINE COVER???

You fell for an obvious hoax, the cover is fake and you fell for it!

"Sorry, a TIME Magazine Cover Did Not Predict a Coming Ice Age"
    A doctored TIME magazine cover warns of a coming ice age.

"From the 1977 cover we can see that apparently a new ice age was supposed to arrive. Only 30 years later, according to the 2006 cover, global warming is supposed to be the problem. But the cover on the left isn’t from 1977. It actually is this Time cover from April 9, 2007:"
    http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/20...david-kirtley/
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

1973 the big freeze ht tp://time.com/vault/year/1973/ and once again for the blind to see https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...ice-age-scare/ http://time.com/vault/year/1973/

I do know one thing. The Pacific Ocean is not rising....yet. My inlaws front step is one meter above sea level and has been for 40 years and is still the same. When they get a heavy rainfall fish are flopping around in the puddles in front of the house. lol. They live on the bank of the Mekong River 28 km downstream of Can Tho (pop 1.3 m.) close to the South China Sea which is the Pacific. There is talk and fear of their village and the delta being flooded by the rising ocean but I havn't seen it come up yet. If you check Can Tho on Wikipedia it lists the elevation at 0 m. and 0 ft. above sea level. My sonny boy was born there. I'll keep an eye out tho and let you guys know if it comes up. When the fish are swimming into the living room we will be selling commercially. lol
    Last edited by Drumbones; 08-02-2017 at 11:32 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh
    Listen I am not even going to argue with you I remember the ice age scare quite well in the 70's from science teachers news and elsewhere so keep your cult belief going because MSM tells you .
    You've got a terrible memory. There was no widespread scientific consensus that a new Ice Age was coming. If that's your honest recollection of what was going on, it's completely faulty. Or you think that a small handful of magazine articles about one or two studies somehow trump the work of thousands of scientists.

https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age...termediate.htm

However, these are media articles, not scientific studies. A survey of peer reviewed scientific papers from 1965 to 1979 show that few papers predicted global cooling (7 in total). Significantly more papers (42 in total) predicted global warming (Peterson 2008). The large majority of climate research in the 1970s predicted the Earth would warm as a consequence of CO2. Rather than 1970s scientists predicting cooling, the opposite is the case.
    Climate science was very much in it's infancy, in the 70's, given the relatively small number of studies mentioned above. But even then, global warming was the consensus.

I look forward to being told I'm wrong, with absolutely zero factual basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I do know one thing. The Pacific Ocean is not rising....yet. My inlaws front step is one meter above sea level and has been for 40 years and is still the same. When they get a heavy rainfall fish are flopping around in the puddles in front of the house. lol. They live on the bank of the Mekong River 28 km downstream of Can Tho (pop 1.3 m.) close to the South China Sea which is the Pacific. There is talk and fear of their village and the delta being flooded by the rising ocean but I havn't seen it come up yet. If you check Can Tho on Wikipedia it lists the elevation at 0 m. and 0 ft. above sea level. My sonny boy was born there. I'll keep an eye out tho and let you guys know if it comes up. When the fish are swimming into the living room we will be selling commercially. lol
    Hurricanes have been decreasing as well, the exact opposite of what the brilliant "climate" scientists predicted would happen. The climate is getting more stable in terms of storms, not less. Seems if there is warming, its a good thing.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones

Sea levels do not rise at the same rate in different locations. It's actually incredibly complex, because it's dependent on everything from local tides and currents, to the rotation of the Earth, to variations in the Earth's density and gravity field, and so on. As far as that specific location is concerned, from what I see in a quick search problems are already developing with salt water intrusion on agricultural land, brackish water existing far further up the Mekong river than in the past, etc. Although a lot of that is hard to tease apart from the impacts of damming the Mekong, as well. But the effects are starting now. Even if the rise is only one or two millimeters a year, that's a foot or two in a century. There's huge inertia to sea levels, as well. Once they start rising quickly, they'll keep doing so for decades and centuries.

Last year at this time there was evidence of some brack as we noticed slight saltiness when drinking the tap water which is drawn from the river. This year it seems ok. It comes and goes depending on the amount of outflow, rains and snowmelt in the mountains, and other factors.

Lawrence Solomon: Finally it’s safe for the whistleblowers of corrupted climate science to speak out

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/fp...e-to-speak-out

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Listen I am not even going to argue with you I remember the ice age scare quite well in the 70's from science teachers news and elsewhere so keep your cult belief going because MSM tells you .
    You've got a terrible memory. There was no widespread scientific consensus that a new Ice Age was coming. If that's your honest recollection of what was going on, it's completely faulty. Or you think that a small handful of magazine articles about one or two studies somehow trump the work of thousands of scientists.

However, these are media articles, not scientific studies. A survey of peer reviewed scientific papers from 1965 to 1979 show that few papers predicted global cooling (7 in total). Significantly more papers (42 in total) predicted global warming (Peterson 2008). The large majority of climate research in the 1970s predicted the Earth would warm as a consequence of CO2. Rather than 1970s scientists predicting cooling, the opposite is the case.
    Climate science was very much in it's infancy, in the 70's, given the relatively small number of studies mentioned above. But even then, global warming was the consensus.

Word of advice to you stay away from scientology moonies mormons and hippie farms you're their number one target. You are a follower not a leader. Weak minds easily brainwashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones

Sea levels do not rise at the same rate in different locations. It's actually incredibly complex, because it's dependent on everything from local tides and currents, to the rotation of the Earth, to variations in the Earth's density and gravity field, and so on. As far as that specific location is concerned, from what I see in a quick search problems are already developing with salt water intrusion on agricultural land, brackish water existing far further up the Mekong river than in the past, etc. Although a lot of that is hard to tease apart from the impacts of damming the Mekong, as well. But the effects are starting now. Even if the rise is only one or two millimeters a year, that's a foot or two in a century. There's huge inertia to sea levels, as well. Once they start rising quickly, they'll keep doing so for decades and centuries.
    No matter how much bs you try and peddle as reality does not change it from bs , no matter how complex you try and say the bs is.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Word of advice to you stay away from scientology moonies mormons and hippie farms you're their number one target. You are a follower not a leader. Weak minds easily brainwashed.
    This statement gets my vote for Connect2Edmonton's best case of psychological projection in 2017.
    ˙
    ...From this ragged handful of tents and cabins one day will rise a city...

Quote Originally Posted by BoyleStreetBoy View Post
    This statement gets my vote for Connect2Edmonton's best case of psychological projection in 2017.
    [IMG][/IMG]

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

No matter how much bs you try and peddle as reality does not change it from bs , no matter how complex you try and say the bs is.
    The irony of your posts is so thick, it's impressive! As I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin

Keep on keepin' on, buildthemhigh.

Why stop there? Why didn't you list political parties and traditional religions with followers like Christians, etc?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Lawrence Solomon: Finally it’s safe for the whistleblowers of corrupted climate science to speak out

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/fp...e-to-speak-out
    That article is full of an astonishing amount of BS. This whole NOAA "controversy" was over and done with the day it came out, which was weeks ago. Yet Solomon continues to prattle on about it, like it actually means something. Heck, even Bates himself who is the supposed "whistleblower" said “no data tampering, no data changing, nothing malicious” involved with his colleagues’ study. “It’s not trumped up data in any way shape or form.”. (source: http://www.factcheck.org/2017/02/no-...ation-at-noaa/)

Another link that discusses the "controversy" here: http://www.popsci.com/regardless-hou...limate-records

Again, this all happened two weeks before Solomon's article above. I can't say I'm surprised he ignored the true facts of the matter. After all, he also spends some time ranting on about "Climategate", which was another tempest in a tea pot that resulted in zero findings of any misconduct or manipulation by numerous independent inquiries. It just goes on and on in that article. He's actually quite shameless in ignoring the true facts of just about everything he mentions in that article. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. After all, the guy wrote an entire book about how climate change is a fraud, based it on quotes and discussions with climatologists who profoundly disagree with him, and misrepresented their actual views: https://www.desmogblog.com/the-denie...global-warming
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 21-02-2017 at 11:17 AM.

The irony of your posts is so thick, it's impressive! As I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin

Keep on keepin' on, buildthemhigh.
    When I read your posts this is the image I get . Someone who is told anything from the government or science believes it came from god.[IMG]v[/IMG]

The wind blows omg it's climate change it rains omg it's climate change . It snows omg it's climate change . You fart omg you're destroying the oz layer. Scientists can't get funding now if they ? climate change. Then you have these climate change defenders going to war on phony charts out right lies . Like I keep repeating the most gullible generation to date. And in 80 years when they are long dead from their stupidity the ocean levels will be the same there will still be winter and summer and this generation will be laughed at as the biggest suckers ever.
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 21-02-2017 at 03:11 PM.

You're getting responses by someone who speaks almost exclusively in image macros yet doesn't possess the ability to actually correctly link an image on the forums without needless, duplicated tags showing up.

Don't sweat it.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    You're getting responses by someone who speaks almost exclusively in image macros yet doesn't possess the ability to actually correctly link an image on the forums without needless, duplicated tags showing up.

Don't sweat it.
    Well at least I think thru critical thinking unlike you who needs someone to think for you , and self admit you're an imbecile and has to take the words of others who have a agenda for truth. Maybe if I made up phony graphs with lines you would be more convinced , because someone shows you one of those you're convinced god himself etched it in stone . Bravo Your intelligence is amazing I bet you have a graph for that two lol. Also It's a good thing you were not around in the 40's when they were giving people lobotomies because you do know the science world was convincing families it was a good thing. A practice used until the 1980's
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 21-02-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Well at least I think thru critical thinking unlike you who needs someone to think for you , and self admit you're an imbecile and has to take the words of others who have a agenda for truth. Maybe if I made up phony graphs with lines you would be more convinced , because someone shows you one of those you're convinced god himself etched it in stone . Bravo Your intelligence is amazing I bet you have a graph for that two lol.
    You seem incapable of any sort of critical thinking & at no point have you ever managed to actually form a cogent & coherent rebuttal to anything anyone has said that's disagreed with you, instead choosing to respond in image memes & macros that you can't even manage to post correctly. You're an illiberal, regressive, mindless drone & the fact that you firmly believe that you're the intelligent & well-rounded individual in these discussions is the height of hilarity.

Since you're so fond of memes, I'll sum up in one for you.

Lol fool on people I know more about the workings of government and deceit then you will ever know. So stay ignorant stop using your eyes ears and senses and listen to your overlords. Fait accompli !

Just because you say you do, doesn't mean you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Just because you say you do, doesn't mean you do.

That goes well to show your credibility around here...

I know my credibility , just read Stantec thread and who 1st said it would be 200 + meters and who 1st hinted it would be tallest in western Canada. Now let's see yours ? Lol and as far as government goes you will figure it out eventually .

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

I know my credibility , just read Stantec thread and who 1st said it would be 200 + meters and who 1st hinted it would be tallest in western Canada. Now let's see yours ? Lol and as far as government goes you will figure it out eventually .
    Wow! You are like The Amazing Kreskin and Nostradamus rolled into one.

Now if you could just master the proper use of punctuation...
    ˙
    ...From this ragged handful of tents and cabins one day will rise a city...

Quote Originally Posted by BoyleStreetBoy View Post
    Wow! You are like The Amazing Kreskin and Nostradamus rolled into one.

Now if you could just master the proper use of punctuation...
    Attacks Grammar !

Then proceeds to space sentences incorrectly .

Most wood energy schemes are a 'disaster' for climate change - BBC News
    Excerpt:
    "This report confirms once again that cutting down trees and burning them as wood pellets in power plants is a disaster for climate policy, not a solution," said David Carr, General Counsel of the Southern Environmental Law Centre in the US.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39053678
    Last edited by KC; 24-02-2017 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    Not frightened? OK, Boyle-street-boy, you're not a coward. But you're no thinker, either.

Fertility rate by itself means nothing.

Are you going to complain that Mr. and Mrs. Smith have only two children while Mr. and Mrs. Jones have three, if Jane Jones married John Smith and Jenny Smith married Gord Jones?

As I said before, if the only difference between "us" and "them" is that they breed more, there's no real difference, since their many children and our few are pretty well the same and will without a doubt interbreed.

Come up with a difference that means something.
    Fertility rate means nothing? That's what this part of the thread is about isn't it? Higher populations either through higher immigration or higher fertility rates will increase the production of global warming gases unless that higher population manages to somehow produce lower levels of such gases. That's not so easy. Moreover, some immigration, given their heritage, religion, wealth, whatever, will include people with a desire to produce more children than the 'average' person here does. If that is offset by immigrants desiring few or no children then it's a wash, but their own presence still counts as a consumer and so, an emitter of global warming gases. Now if the indigenous population isn't at replacement levels, then the immigrant may be maintaining the population, but anything more seems to necessarily create more emissions.

If we could take in immigration that would create lower levels of greenhouse gasses than where they came from, that would be a good thing in terms of global warming (but not in terms of our other environmental issues impacted here, such as water consumption, urban sprawl, local resource consumption, etc.) Then consider our northern climate and the need for heating, lighting etc. Residing here may use up more resources than immigrants would have used had they stayed wherever they came from. Say a Londoner (England) comes here. Similar latitude but milder climate so the person likely used less natural gas for heating than they will here.

I think this makes sense doesn't it?

Then my position (until shown otherwise) is that immigrants want a life here much like everyone else here has and sees, say Alberta, as resource rich and primed for further resource development, ever larger cities and whatever justification is required so that they can build a good life here. Coming from larger cities, like Toronto, New York or wherever, immigrants see, say Edmonton, as a small city that could easily grow much larger, due to them having a much larger city as a point of reference.

A long article but interesting. Not unbiased but instead arguing a point of view:

The Critique – Why Progressives Should Support Reducing Immigration Into The United States

Environmental Impacts: More Pollution and Less Open Space
    The bottom line is that if we want to stop sprawl, we must change the population policies that cause it, in addition to reforming misguided transportation, tax, and zoning policies. We will not stop sprawl if we simply accept population increase as inevitable, when the best research shows that it accounts for much of the problem. Nor are we likely to solve our other important environmental problems without stabilizing or reducing our population. The impacts of population growth are just too powerful.

Efficiency Isn’t Enough

In the early days of the environmental movement, back in the ‘60s and ‘70s, there was a popular slogan that went: “Any cause is a lost cause, without population control.” Subsequent events have borne out its truth. For a variety of reasons, in recent decades environmentalists in the U.S. have grown afraid to discuss population matters (discomfort with talking about immigration has certainly played a role).[xxiii] Instead, we have focused almost exclusively on efficiency improvements: in land use, water use, energy use, and other areas. The upshot of this narrowing has been that the efficiency improvements we have achieved have mostly been plowed back into supporting increased growth, with little real environmental improvement. If environmentalists are ever going to win our important battles, rather than just find ways to lose them more slowly, we need to recognize the way efficiency improvements tend to be swallowed up by growth, leaving environmentalists empty-handed and other species simply out of luck.

http://www.thecritique.com/articles/...-united-state/
    Last edited by KC; 24-02-2017 at 02:50 AM.

Great to see that climate hero, Obama, who turned down Keystone XL, now living a responsible, non carbon intensive life... typical Liberal elite - do as I say, not as I do.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7687986.html

Last edited by moahunter; 25-04-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Its only a logical fallacy if referring to the past actions. So for to apply, you are basically saying, "Obama is not a hypocrite, because he once believed climate change matters, but he doesn't now". The sad reality is that ***** like him preach about the environment, but end up consuming more carbon just on his vacations, than any of us on C2E will in our entire lifetimes.
    Last edited by moahunter; 25-04-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    Its only a logical fallacy if referring to the past actions. So for to apply, you are basically saying, "Obama is not a hypocrite, because he once believed climate change matters, but he doesn't now".
    No, I'm saying whether or not he acts in accordance with his beliefs is irrelevant when discussing the logic of said beliefs.

Its only a logical fallacy if referring to the past actions. So for to apply, you are basically saying, "Obama is not a hypocrite, because he once believed climate change matters, but he doesn't now".
    No, I'm saying whether or not he acts in accordance with his beliefs is irrelevant when discussing the logic of said beliefs.
    I didn't say this made his beliefs invalid (that's a claim you are making). I just pointed out the truth that he is a typical liberal hypocrite who preaches about the importance of climate change and carbon consumption, but lives a lifestyle totally in opposition to that. He is every bit as morally corrupt as a church pastor who preaches celibacy, while banging half the congregation. Its easy to preach something totally unrealistic, when you think it doesn't apply to you anyway.
    Last edited by moahunter; 25-04-2017 at 01:40 PM.

After Mr Obama left the Oval Office, he tweeted: “Michelle and I are off on a quick vacation, then we’ll get back to work.”
    Ms Obama wrote: “After an extraordinary 8 years, I'll be taking a little break. Will be back before you know it to work with you on the issues we care about.”

Yes.

Top_Dawg imagines they will be rushing right back to do some community organizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post
    Top_Dawg imagines they will be rushing right back to do some community organizing.

Welllllll......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/u...cago.html?_r=0

Mr. Obama spoke with the young people onstage here about civic engagement, community organizing and the importance of not withdrawing from the challenges facing society. For more than an hour, he served as talk show host, asking the questions.

After Mr Obama left the Oval Office, he tweeted: “Michelle and I are off on a quick vacation, then we’ll get back to work.”
    Ms Obama wrote: “After an extraordinary 8 years, I'll be taking a little break. Will be back before you know it to work with you on the issues we care about.”

Yes.

I'm sure the plight of poor Washington (where they will stay living) suburbs was first and foremost on their minds while taking that photo on the deck of that yacht. Give it ten years, they will have 100m plus from speech's, will have set up a charitable foundation that their daughters earn seven figure dollars earning from. Trudeau has his up and running and raking in the money, the Clintons set the liberal path on this. Talk the "good" environmental talk (while you personally disregard any thought of living environmentally responsibly), screw the economy by imposing this crap while in power, and set up a "charitable" enrichment fund / job for life for your family members.
    Last edited by moahunter; 25-04-2017 at 03:00 PM.

The fact that politicans become multimillioniares from their job should have everyone concerned.

After all, what are they selling that's worth that much?

Yes.

I'm sure the plight of poor Washington (where they will stay living) suburbs was first and foremost on their minds while taking that photo on the deck of that yacht. Give it ten years, they will have 100m plus from speech's, will have set up a charitable foundation that their daughters earn seven figure dollars earning from. Trudeau has his up and running and raking in the money, the Clintons set the liberal path on this. Talk the "good" environmental talk (while you personally disregard any thought of living environmentally responsibly), screw the economy by imposing this crap while in power, and set up a "charitable" enrichment fund / job for life for your family members.
    And now another Trump fund. Ivanka gets her name slapped on the latest World Bank fund. Great boost to her image and brand using other people's money.

Canada gas already apparently committed money to it!!! Now $100 million from Saudi Arabia and UAE very coincidentally during Donald Trump's trip.
    Last edited by KC; 22-05-2017 at 06:58 AM.

The risk of a megadrought is nothing new, just rarely ever discussed.

Study Shows Carbon Emissions Could Increase Risk of Megadroughts
    Excerpt:
    “Natural droughts like the 1930s Dust Bowl and the current drought in the Southwest have historically lasted maybe a decade or a little less,” said Ben Cook, climate scientist at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies and the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University in New York City, and lead author of the study. “What these results are saying is we’re going to get a drought similar to those events, but it is probably going to last at least 30 to 35 years.”

https://scitechdaily.com/study-shows...-megadroughts/

In related news the City of Edmonton, has just completed its EV strategy survey. Our office worked on this survey. I'm not sure if there is any transparency here. I'm hoping the coe will share the results of this survey.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617