Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ETS Safety & Security

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default ETS Safety & Security

EDMONTON — A bus driver is recovering in hospital after an irate passenger allegedly assaulted him during the morning commute, police say.

Police spokeswoman Karen Carlson said a 24-year-old man was riding a bus travelling near 139th Avenue and Victoria Trail when he took issue with the 50-something man driving the bus.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...443/story.html
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

C2E Super Addict

One good beating deserves another.....

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

The Sun's version...

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmo.../12023611.html

Image from David Bloom/Sun Media

Unbelievable.
    President and CEO - Airshow.

C2E Long Term Contributor

If I was on that bus, I would have helped out that bus driver.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Photograph by: Rick MacWilliam, edmontonjournal.com

I posted both pics just to show this was not some little slap fest. I sincerely hope the driver is OK. This act of violence is inexcusable.

I can't believe nobody helped the driver. This is so sad and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post

Classy
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Never underestimate the power of collective shock and fear. It's easy to berate the other passengers if you weren't one of them, and it's all too easy to say what you would have done if you were there, when you weren't.
    Strathcona City Separatist

Quote Originally Posted by RTA View Post
    Never underestimate the power of collective shock and fear.
    This is true.

And often if there are fewer onlookers someone is more likely to help, but if there is a larger group of people, the less likely someone will offer assistance. Psychologists have a term for that.

This is horrific and I hope they throw the book at the punk, unfortunately he will probably only get a slap on the wrist.
    Edmontonian and proud of it!

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Never underestimate the power of collective shock and fear.
    This is true.

(...).
    We also must remember that:

1. This probably happened rather quickly. Recovery from the absolute shock of the act would take people not trained in crisis management/physical confrontation (aka 90% of the people in this world) a few seconds to react and process. By that time, it is all over.
    2. It would seriously depend on the physical capabilities of the passengers. If they were all rather under-endowed in the physical prowess department...
    3. Get involved...do I become a victim too if I escalate this?
    4. Some may think "if I get involved and beat the ever loving snot out of this person, am I going to go to prison for the same assault?" It has happened before.

definitely it's a case of circumstance, but it's still frightening to think that people wouldn't do anything when someone's being beaten bloody. Reminds me of the Canada Day stabbing on the #8, although had someone stepped in there they would have likely been stabbed too.

Totally sick. Some people just shouldn't have been born.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

While the initial event was quick the thug had time to drag the driver down the steps and still beat on him on the street.

I was at a certain restaurant when a person was acting extremely belligerent swearing, insulting people, talking very loud (not quite yelling but almost), most people were trying to ignore the guy, me I was really waiting until he got to point where I needed to step in. Fortunately he decided to leave.

C2E Super Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post

Classy
    Call it what you want, but ever since we got away from this sort of punishment, things have gotten worse, not better, as was promised. I fully support corporal punishment....caning whatever needs to happen.

^ Like crime never happens in countries where corporal punishment is still on the books? Fear of consequences is rarely an effective deterrent for crime; basically you want retribution, not justice.

Disgusting on all accounts. I have stepped into many situations to defend someone, even physically if necessary, even if that means I will recieve a whopping too. A human is a human, and unecessary violence like this should have had other humans helping out.

Wish him speedy recovery.
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

^ Like crime never happens in countries where corporal punishment is still on the books? Fear of consequences is rarely an effective deterrent for crime; basically you want retribution, not justice.
    Well, this slap-on-the-wrist judicial system that we're stuck with merely fosters the alternative. Let's hope this bus driver has a 20-something son who's some kind of martial arts expert and has a tete-a-tete with the jerk in a back alley. After all, it's the only thing that dross like these people understand.

C2E Super Addict

I think it has its merit...but its also for the victim. As someone who has had to deal with a family murder, knowing that things have been "equaled out" goes a long way in diminishing the anger.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ander View Post
    (...), although had someone stepped in there they would have likely been stabbed too.
    exactly...especially if you had never been exposed to a knife wielding person...

...not everyone is trained in self defense or ex-military...

Classy
    Call it what you want, but ever since we got away from this sort of punishment, things have gotten worse, not better, as was promised. I fully support corporal punishment....caning whatever needs to happen.
    I totally agree that punishments for crimes like this are far too lenient, but violence doesn't help "fix" violent people.

Personally, I support keeping dangerous, destructive people like this locked away from the rest of society for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Well, this slap-on-the-wrist judicial system that we're stuck with merely fosters the alternative. Let's hope this bus driver has a 20-something son who's some kind of martial arts expert and has a tete-a-tete with the jerk in a back alley. After all, it's the only thing that dross like these people understand.
    What do you consider a "slap-on-the-wrist?" This expression bugs me, because it undoubtedly means something different to everyone. Some people consider five years in prison to be a "slap on the wrist." Five years' incarceration is a long time. Think of everything you've done and accomplished in the last five years yourself and then imagine none if it ever happened, and that you were locked away for that period of time instead.

This of course assumes that incarceration is an effective means of punishment and rehabilitation (to say nothing of being a deterrent), which is of course debatable in itself...

I think it has its merit...but its also for the victim. As someone who has had to deal with a family murder, knowing that things have been "equaled out" goes a long way in diminishing the anger.
    I don't mean to diminish your feelings at all if you have suffered such a tragedy in your family, but I really doubt that retribution would truly ease any pain. Beyond that, though, what would it really accomplish? We (as a society and civilization) have spent a great length of time trying to move beyond barbarism, I don't think returning to it is any kind of a solution to societal ills. It didn't stop crime in the dark ages, it certainly won't stop it today.

C2E Continued Contributor

This thug will be back on the bus within a month.

Canada has a very very lenient approach to sentencing criminals.

^ I really, seriously doubt that.

Somehow, I doubt this thug was thinking about Canada's supposedly lax penal system when he did this.

We don't know his criminal history. We don't know his motivation. It's a little early to blame the justice system at this point, don't you think?

^ It's inevitable that anytime a crime occurs and the perpetrator is caught, someone if not several someones suggest that he or she will get "a slap on the wrist" without any kind of basis, and use it as another opportunity to complain about our "lax" judicial system. Ignoring of course that no one can agree on what either of these terms mean.

never answered e-mail

^ It's inevitable that anytime a crime occurs and the perpetrator is caught, someone if not several someones suggest that he or she will get "a slap on the wrist" without any kind of basis, and use it as another opportunity to complain about our "lax" judicial system. Ignoring of course that no one can agree on what either of these terms mean.
    Usually I've found those suggesting forthcoming slaps on the wrist would prefer something with a little more teeth, like a firing squad. Short of that, and perhaps not even then, they won't be satisfied.

I wasn't suggesting for bystanders to punish the thug, but they could stop him and restrain him until the police arrive. The fact that our so called justice system would then put him up in a taxpayer funded jail where he can golf or ride horses to be "rehabbed" is a slightly different matter.

Had anyone else even stood up, it's quite likely the perp would have ran away. Many of these individuals get their rush from thinking they're unstoppable and their actions have no consequences. Taking that away is the first step to becoming a normal member of society. The likelihood this could have been prevented by someone, anyone, assisting the bus driver is actually pretty astounding. Even the most crazed person wouldn't attack a group.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    The fact that our so called justice system would then put him up in a taxpayer funded jail where he can golf or ride horses to be "rehabbed" is a slightly different matter.
    How does one ride horses and golf in jail? Seems like it would be pretty cramped...

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Had anyone else even stood up, it's quite likely the perp would have ran away. Many of these individuals get their rush from thinking they're unstoppable and their actions have no consequences. Taking that away is the first step to becoming a normal member of society. The likelihood this could have been prevented by someone, anyone, assisting the bus driver is actually pretty astounding. Even the most crazed person wouldn't attack a group.
    Bingo. As sad as it is, your telling me not 1 person on this bus couldnt have helped? Its a shame really. People will never get involved if it means their hide. Even moreso when its a stranger. Sad state. I would have helped this bus driver. Poor dude.
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim

Okay, for all you slap-on-the-wrist proponents, let's wait and see what this latest ***** is handed. Charged as he is with attempted murder which carries a hefty sentence, I'll wager that by the time his lawyers get through with the plea-bargaining, the reduced charges bit, how he came from a troubled background, and so on, that it will eventually come down to the old slap-on-the-wrist. Haven't we all seen this too often before? Surely your blinders don't fit that tight, do they?

The upshot? This beauty will be back on the streets and you'd better hope he doesn't see you as a suitable case for treatment in his next go round.
    Last edited by howie; 03-12-2009 at 06:26 PM.

I'm wondering if anyone saw what happened and was actually on the bus. Could you please contact me at 780-468-7572

Alas RTA I chose my words golf and ride horses carefully and based on reality.

Horse riding
    http://www.canadiancowboy.ca/feature...ashealers.html

Golf Course
    http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/s...e-7fc6609475b9

My reactions
    -who is drunk at that time of day..
    -poor driver, I wish him a speedy recovery
    -reminds me of when I got swarmed...nobody does anything to help even though there was no weapon
    -they should start a "get better soon" card at ETS customer services to give the recovering driver morale support

^^ all in no particular order of course.
    $2.00 $2.25 $2.50 $2.75 $2.85 $3.00 $3.20 $3.25

I think we should all refrain from judging bystanders unless we were there and know what happened.

In the meantime, educate yourself about the bystander effect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Why is this suddenly a bystander story? I hate the second guessing of other peoples actions. Especially those caught off guard and in no way prepared to react.

Anyway, we're all standing by at this moment - not doing something that would very easily help someone somewhere somehow - and without the slightest risk of personal harm to us. There's a lot of sad if not evil crap going all the time and most of us don't react to it.

We have a lax judicial system. It's a joke of a system and everybody knows it.

The guy not only stomped a bus driver to near death, he also spit on the face of the arresting officer. Try spitting in the face of a cop in another country, and see what happens.

Although drug use and possession is a crime,
    this guy wil be sitting free. While the Harper Government turns Canada into a Darconion/Nazi state with Bill C-15.

Keep the violent and preditorial offenders locked up.

Oh' Canada....Oh' my Canada....

This thread is getting ridiculous.

This thread is getting ridiculous.
    Yup. A whole lot of wild assumptions.

I think that's the single longest run-on sentence I've ever seen on C2E! Nicely done Sourcandy.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

from the Edmonton Journal:

Dehek said the bus already had a dozen riders on Thursday when the driver stopped about 7:20 a.m. to let a stocky man in his 20s aboard.

"It looked like he was either drunk or on something," said Dehek, who takes the bus to work every morning.

"He started swearing because the bus driver told him that if he didn't have the fare, he couldn't get on."

The man started yelling at the passengers and asked if anyone had a dollar to round out his fare. A teenage boy sitting at the front of the bus gave him a loonie and the man paid his full fare.

Dehek said the driver took off again, but the man remained irate and stood at the front of the bus, swearing and yelling.

The driver pulled over again and asked the man to leave because he was causing a disturbance.

He kept swearing at the driver, then took a swing. And he kept swinging.

The assault happened so quickly that none of the passengers had a chance to intercede, Dehek said. He was sitting at the front of the bus behind the driver's seat.

The driver never did anything to provoke the man, he said.

"It wasn't his fault at all. I know that for 100-per-cent certainty."

Dehek isn't sure the driver had a chance to defend himself because he may have been knocked out by the first punch.

In what seemed like only seconds, the man had dragged the driver by his coat out the open doors to the ground and continued to beat him.

"He began to stomp on his face over and over and over again. It was pretty bad," Dehek said.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...443/story.html
    Its easy for us to say we would of done something to help the driver if we were on that bus. But reading an article about the assault is totally different than actually being there.

From the eyewitness account, the attack happened within seconds. Think about it....it is 7:20 in the morning then a drunk, obnoxious dude gets on the bus. POW! POW! and then the driver is yanked off the bus to be stomped on.

You think you'll be fast enough to stop this attack?

p.s...I send my best wishes to the Route 10 driver for a speedy and full recovery. I hope everyone smiles and says thanks to their bus driver for providing courteous and professional service everyday.

One guy who was interviewed by the sun said "It would've taken a lot of us (to take down the attacker), and I don't think we could've done it without getting hurt. Oh God, I wish we could've helped him,".

Maybe we can pool some money or something to send a gift from C2E. Not sure if that is plausible though.

The last thing we need is people "packing heat". This isn't Tombstone or Deadwood. Nobody's going to jump your claim. Leave your cowboy cavalier attitude in the past, please.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Sounds like the guy had his boot in his face before anyone could react.

you should also shoot to kill... I have a feeling you could be sued for maiming.

There is a reason why Canadian's do not 'have the right to bear arms'

Sour and in that situation could not hit the perpetrator and NOT hit the bus driver? I can't remember the exact statistics but at a gun range they have to hit the body core 95% of the time in a high stress situation they might hit any part perpetrator 20% of the time.

While people might not be fast enough to stop the initial attack the stronger healthier ones can reduce the injuries that are inflicted if they got off their hands and did something.

As of 1 person fighting off 6, it happens especially with people on crack or coke. Adrenalin is a very powerful chemical, my brother witnessed an event where a smaller female was at a social services offices, she had some problems and got violent, it took 6 larger police officers to subdue her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    why do u think police and millitary use them
    They're trained professionals who have constant evaluation and repeated training regarding the safe and effective use of their firearms as a last ditch method in conflict resolution. You're just a random dude with an itchy trigger finger and completely unknown motivations, mindset & skills. The fact that the first thing you'd do is whip out your gun proves to me that you're about the last person I'd ever consider giving a gun to, if I had my druthers.

I'm of the opinion that no private individual has the right to having deadly force concealed on their person.

There is still the possibility you could miss... Or you shot someone who quickly gets in your way while trying to help the bus driver. So many variables to consider. I doubt even an EPS officer would've pulled out their weapon.

Guns are neither the problem nor the solution. It's all about the mentality of people and how society has raised our children.

Honestly though, you would be the last person I would give a gun to. It seems you have no concept of cause and effect, let alone consequences.

Yay Internet toughguys, just what his thread needed to be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by JBear View Post

There is a reason why Canadian's do not 'have the right to bear arms'
    Which is a damn shame. We really should be able too. But this thread is not about the guns laws in Canada.
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim

C2E Hard Core Contributor

The punk will probably get a sentance of life in prison, which, in Canada means about six years of free room and board.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

(..)

Maybe we can pool some money or something to send a gift from C2E. Not sure if that is plausible though.

It is plausible...and I would most definitely look to get this up and running ASAP.

It would either be at a bank (drop off donations) or I can look to see an alternative solution...other than meeting in person...

Quote Originally Posted by 24karat View Post
    The punk will probably get a sentance of life in prison, which, in Canada means about six years of free room and board.
    Pretty well sums it up - if he doesn't manipulate the hell out of it the way Leo Teske has managed to do.

Terrible incident. Hope the driver pulls through this. How do you really prevent something like this?

I am glad there is an attempted murder charge. Hope he's sentenced with that.

The answer here is not only with the criminal justice system as it applies to crimes like this.

Its more a matter of ineffective handling of organized crime and how much of that takes place here and how much of a supply of hard drugs is perennially on the streets.

This guy was hopped up on something strong I bet.

This issue with a lot of these events is how seriously {removed expletive} up some people are on Crystal meth, Crack, Special K, etc. We're basically allowing a conveyer belt of seriously screwed up people that are uncontrollable and unpredictable.
    Last edited by Replacement; 04-12-2009 at 06:40 PM.

First One is Always Free

Trust fundsetup is now set up at any River City Credit Union http://www.river-citycu.com/branchlocations/ for people who wish to donate to drivers Tom Bregg's recovery.

C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

First One is Always Free

Now my tax dollars will go to housing this boon to society for years as well as to provide "therapy" so he can understand right from wrong. We will read how he was from a tough upbringing, and how drugs took away the "real" individual who was such a great guy. This type of person will NEVER contribute to the betterment of society and should be euthanized.
    If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me!

Quote Originally Posted by esmit View Post
    Trust fundsetup is now set up at any River City Credit Union http://www.river-citycu.com/branchlocations/ for people who wish to donate to drivers Tom Bregg's recovery.
    I sincerly hope Mr. Bregg makes a complete recovery although the psychologiical scares may take longer. As for a trust fund being set up.
    Mr. Bregg has been employed by the City of Edmonton for 33 years. Now I am sure he has ample medical and sick benefit coverage to see him through for many months to come. While someone thought, with good intentions, to open a trust fund for Mr. Bregg I do not think in this case it is necessary.
    Best wishes for his recovery.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    If I was on that bus, I would have helped out that bus driver.
    I have a friend who was on the bus. He was in too much shock to help anyone.
    Xelebes

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    (..)

It is plausible...and I would most definitely look to get this up and running ASAP.

It would either be at a bank (drop off donations) or I can look to see an alternative solution...other than meeting in person...
    Quote Originally Posted by esmit View Post
    With this set up, I am more than happy to take any donations you may have to this fund on behalf of C2E members...should you not want to go to the credit union yourself.

PM me, and I will arrange a time to meet...

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...186/story.html

EDMONTON — An Edmonton Transit bus driver was hit with pepper spray Monday morning following a dispute over bus fare, police say.

The incident occurred around 9:30 a.m. at the Coliseum transit centre beside Rexall Place at 118th Avenue and 76th Street.

Two male teenagers boarded a bus and engaged the driver in a discussion over the fare. The driver was then allegedly pepper sprayed and the teens ran off.

Two males matching a description of the suspects were spotted a short time later about 10 blocks away. Police arrested the pair near 85th Street, where they also found a pepper-spray canister.

A 14-year-old male has been charged with assault with a weapon, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public, and several breaches of condition. A 15-year-old male has been charged with breach of conditions unrelated to the incident.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Default Another ETS driver attacked by 14 & 15 yr old

City cops are concerned after the second brazen assault on a bus driver this month over a fare dispute.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmo...36886-sun.html

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

I hope the driver is OK after this. I would assume some are getting jittery now.

never answered e-mail

Interesting to hear an ETS spokesman yesterday on the news state that there were 66 assaults on drivers to date...66?!

to date meaning... this year?! if so wow... there's a definite problem
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Time for safety shields in buses and taxis. Guys going about their daily jobs shouldn't have to put up with this crap.

never answered e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    to date meaning... this year?! if so wow... there's a definite problem
    I believe so, there were 70 assaults in 2008 according to this article:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...333/story.html

Who the hell is selling bear spray to 14 yr olds ? Or are they even paying for this stuff ?

Quote Originally Posted by glasshead View Post
    Interesting to hear an ETS spokesman yesterday on the news state that there were 66 assaults on drivers to date...66?!
    I was talking to my bus driver about it this morning. He says it's more like 66 in a month.

Who the hell is selling bear spray to 14 yr olds ? Or are they even paying for this stuff ?
    They could have stolen it, or taken it from their parents' camping supplies. These little turds have a history with the law already. They keep on this path and we'll have another driver in critical condition.

You registered but never posted. username to be deleted.

Bear spray can be bought legally in plenty of places around the city (safety supply stores like Acklands, camping stores, etc.). It's not illegal for use in self defence against animals, but it is illegal to use it on humans.

We always have a case or two on hand for our field crews.

i don't understand a fare dispute. you either didn't pay or you did. and the prices are clearly marked. must take a certain type of person.

"Fare dispute" is a nice way of saying they refused to pay/tried to sneak on.

These pukes should be sentenced to random and severe beatings until they turn their lives around. Shoplifted last week and have a date tonight? BEATING! Drunkenly punched a stranger a couple days ago and it's now your wedding day? BEATING!

Random and severe. It would work. It would also bring a tear of joy to my eye.

These pukes should be sentenced to random and severe beatings until they turn their lives around. Shoplifted last week and have a date tonight? BEATING! Drunkenly punched a stranger a couple days ago and it's now your wedding day? BEATING!

Useless kids come from useless parents.

Time for safety shields in buses and taxis. Guys going about their daily jobs shouldn't have to put up with this crap.
    Yay, more band-aid solutions that do nothing to help solve the underlying problems! Just what we need!

Seriously, installing safety shields is basically saying we give up on the problem of violence and crime, and are resigned to accept it as a fact of daily life. And I'm sorry, but that is an unacceptable response to me.

To say nothing of how anyone determined enough to harm a bus driver or a cabbie will likely find a way to do so regardless of said shield...or will take their aggression out on someone else nearby...

Hahaah how do you think these kids got this way?

Drunk Mom comes home with a new 'Dad' BEATING! Uncle comes over and smokes some crack BEATING!!

These kids arent going to respond to violence, thats all they see in their life.
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim

Seriously, installing safety shields is basically saying we give up on the problem of violence and crime, and are resigned to accept it as a fact of daily life. And I'm sorry, but that is an unacceptable response to me.
    No it is not saying we accept violence to protect people from violence. All it would be saying is that ETS cares about its employees. No different from a bank having a panic button under the counter. No amount of social engineering ever has stoped violence, or ever will. If people are worried in doing their jobs, then I think ETS has a responsibility IMO to ease that concern.

I don't automatically blame the parents, or the upbringing, for any individual's behaviour. It's like the catchall "it's society's fault" excuse that absolves anyone of responsibilty. There can be all kinds of contributing factors, or none. The responsibilty and blame rests with the indivdual(s).

I do understand the impulse to beat some sense into these two. Unfortunately I suspect that instead of correcting their behaviour, they'll learn that the way to handle problems is through the use of violence. Short of killing someone, violence often does beget more violence.
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

I think it wouldbe more effective to have a few "plain clothes" security officers ride along as passengers on random buses along typical "problem" routes. Post ads on the buses and a few press releases so people know the city and ETS are doing this, and it would likely deter some of the violence or assaults.

Shields don't deter anything.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    No it is not saying we accept violence to protect people from violence. All it would be saying is that ETS cares about its employees. No different from a bank having a panic button under the counter. No amount of social engineering ever has stoped violence, or ever will. If people are worried in doing their jobs, then I think ETS has a responsibility IMO to ease that concern.
    You got it, moa. Driver shields work in the UK.

Just finished watching a piece on the CTV Edmonton news on the transit police, at Southgate and downtown at CityCentre across the street from the Milner Library, they used a hidden camera to show the same scum that are always is trying to sell pot to people waiting for the bus, always the same guys in the same hoodies, (hoods in hoodies). What struck me as funny was the transit guy saying that if they were "aware" of the problem at the stop they would police it!

Do the drivers, or mall security not see this on a daily basis? everytime I am at that stop to catch my bus home these same individuals work the stop asking us if we want weed. I just want to laugh and shake my head at the absurdity of the statement.

Legalize the blessed Cannabis plant and the problem is solved!!
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade View Post
    Legalize the blessed Cannabis plant and the problem is solved!!
    Can I assume then that you are one of the dudes in the hoodies?

^ Think about it - if one could purchase weed legally from a reputable producer at the corner store, the "hoods in hoodies" wouldn't be out there trying to peddle their questionable wares, would they?

^ Think about it - if one could purchase weed legally from a reputable producer at the corner store, the "hoods in hoodies" wouldn't be out there trying to peddle their questionable wares, would they?
    yeah, they'd all have steady jobs working at "Tokes R Us"...

cough... right.

True no arguement there, but my original point was that ETS transit police were UNAWARE of the problem at that particular stop, even though it's a busy stop, citycentre management doesn't discourage them either, and it's an ongoing thing daily. but these kids hang out in front of the Milner as well.
    I just found it laughable that CTV filmed them "undercover" when if you wait longer than 10 minutes for a bus you see these kids work the sidewalk from 100th up to 101st then cross 102nd and work the other side heading back to the library. While the transit cops were at Southgate Transit terminal preventing stuff like this. As far as I know Southgate was never a crime hotspot though I could be missing something.

A few nights ago I was stopped at the lights at 100 St and watched these "hoodies" gang-stomp on some guy just outside the City Centre entrance. Didn't see any sign of law enforcement nor security guard.

CTV Edm. Video Feature on ETS Safety broadcast on last nights news caught some of the hoodies in action as well

Its the end of the downtown core as we know it! Kids are selling weed! AHHHH!!!
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim

Its the end of the downtown core as we know it! Kids are selling weed! AHHHH!!!
    just because you like punks and lowlifes hanging around pestering people doesn't mean we all like it, perhaps a trip through the Hastings and Main area in Vancouver and the prevelence of drugs on that once nice street might show you how easy it is for a city's downtown core to slide. (thin edge of the wedge) But if it doesn't bother you hey! why not! let the buggers take it indoors into the Winspear, AGA. or the Milner, better yet sell it out of YOUR house,

Quote Originally Posted by darrellinyvr View Post
    ... better yet sell it out of YOUR house,
    Judging from his comments... he's got the T-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by lat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darrellinyvr View Post
    ... Better yet sell it out of your house,
    judging from his comments... He's got the t-shirt.
    yep!

Well character attacks aside (grow up your adults) I dont think that a few kids selling weed is going to lead us to a Hastings environment.

Like I said, legalize the weed and you loose that problem. These kids are not pushing crack or meth.

But since anyone in a hoody jacket from the ages 15-25 gets you people all shook, I can understand how you can paint that picture.
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim

These kids are not pushing crack or meth.
    You seem pretty sure of yourself there... I'm not so convinced. Do meth dealers operate separate from weed salesmen? Do they sell more discretely? How does their operation differ? Why not offer multiple products to increase revenues?
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

FYI When one of what, you feel, is a harmless person selling (what probably should be legalized) soft dope BUT is shown to also be brandishing a gun you have significantly upped the ante

Well character attacks aside (grow up your adults) I dont think that a few kids selling weed is going to lead us to a Hastings environment.

Like I said, legalize the weed and you loose that problem. These kids are not pushing crack or meth.

But since anyone in a hoody jacket from the ages 15-25 gets you people all shook, I can understand how you can paint that picture.
    not yet.

Do meth dealers operate separate from weed salesmen?
    Yes most often they do.

Do they sell more discretely?
    Yes. Meth is not an open air market.

How does their operation differ?
    Meth dealers have people who buy meth. Meth is not a popular drug. It is not recreationly used. Therefore the chances of them finding a random person who wants to buy meth out in the open is slim to none.

Why not offer multiple products to increase revenues?
    Again, a person who smokes weed recreationly is not very likely to smoke meth. Weed can be peddled easy to a variety of people. Doctors, Lawyers, Office Workers, Skateboarders, Librarians, Politicians, all these types smoke weed.
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast