Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
Results 3,501 to 3,509 of 3509

Thread: Enbridge Centre (was Kelly Ramsey Building Rebuild) | Retail & Office |

I'd rather C2E than work!

Or Sears.

Oh, wait ...
    ... gobsmacked

Quote Originally Posted by Spill View Post
    Perhaps the most diverse building base in the city, thanks to nods to the past.

From 2017.08.27.

Looking forward to the retail bays being filled but I am concerned about a couple of things. First, in the Ramsey building (grey building façade), there is the huge concrete stairwell taking up lots of space in that's section of the first floor and I am not sure if there is any real good usable retail space there. Maybe a coffee shop can work around that but I do not know for sure. Second, the configuration of the exterior landscaping on the east side where there used to be a huge deck serving 3 or 4 restaurants has really not been built for use as an outdoor deck. The trees are set back okay but they are surrounded by permanent informational stands as you can see in the picture which totally cuts off pedestrian north-south movement. A restaurant would not be able to get as wide of a deck as before, if at all, unless that is changed. I wonder if we will ever see any large restaurants with large decks in that space again or just smaller shops like Starbucks etc.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Oh, oh, blinds!

Job No 264575501-001
    Description: To construct exterior alterations (historical wood entrance doors) to a 111.6 meter high Professional, Financial and Office Support Services Tower with main floor General Retail Stores (Kelly Ramsey).
    Plan 1422995 Blk 1 Lot 39A
    Applicant: PANGMAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
    Create Date: 10/13/2017 9:33:45 AM

C2E Long Term Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by edmguy111 View Post
    Looking forward to the retail bays being filled but I am concerned about a couple of things. First, in the Ramsey building (grey building façade), there is the huge concrete stairwell taking up lots of space in that's section of the first floor and I am not sure if there is any real good usable retail space there. Maybe a coffee shop can work around that but I do not know for sure. Second, the configuration of the exterior landscaping on the east side where there used to be a huge deck serving 3 or 4 restaurants has really not been built for use as an outdoor deck. The trees are set back okay but they are surrounded by permanent informational stands as you can see in the picture which totally cuts off pedestrian north-south movement. A restaurant would not be able to get as wide of a deck as before, if at all, unless that is changed. I wonder if we will ever see any large restaurants with large decks in that space again or just smaller shops like Starbucks etc.
    They purposely designed the east side to open up onto RHW with a patio or 2. Credo is going into the smaller south/central bay which is a bit unique in layout. The two main CRUs will be restaurants unless something has changed, one is https://www.eatoeb.com and the other forthcoming.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by edmguy111 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spill View Post
    Perhaps the most diverse building base in the city, thanks to nods to the past.

From 2017.08.27.

Patios don't need to be large in order to be successful. Some of the smaller outdoor spaces are often the best. All one really needs to help animate the sidewalk are a few small tables and chairs.

Its too bad that BMO covered the beautiful design with hideous cheap blue panels to reflect their suburban and rural bank outlets. Surely they could have used something more discrete and sophisticated in the downtown core.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Its too bad that BMO covered the beautiful design with hideous cheap blue panels to reflect their suburban and rural bank outlets. Surely they could have used something more discrete and sophisticated in the downtown core.
    You mean the same ones that grace practically all of their branches. This is their corporate branding and for the minimal amount of frontage they have it's minor.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    You mean the same ones that grace practically all of their branches. This is their corporate branding and for the minimal amount of frontage they have it's minor.
    It’s tacky.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536